Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Sebulba model

Page: 4 of 4
 Matt-Liell
01-06-2003, 7:13 PM
sorry to go off topic but Duncan could you help me by putting my Legolas model ingame? I'm using gmax and can't do it myself and i also need you to skinmap it if possible! so could you help me out?
 El Sitherino
01-06-2003, 8:34 PM
the ai is ok for the regular sebulba bot make him use no saber.
 inbredyokel
01-08-2003, 5:39 PM
My school email was finally up long enough for me to download the extra stuff. The sounds are very good, but the jump sound NEEDS to be changed. A simple grunt would suffice, it's relatively quiet and doesn't stand out. I don't want someone to hear me screaming "Yaa Voh!" when I jump or roll while trying to sneak up on them :) Other than that, I have to agree that the botfile shouldn't use a saber. The jedi skin won't need a botfile, so this shouldn't be a problem. Overall though, good stuff.

Btw, Duncan, check your private message box...
 Duncan_10158
01-08-2003, 6:43 PM
i thought the same with the jump sound, but didnt want to be the first who mentioned it, you know Deetox did a great job with the sounds and all but after a while these wee ahh gets nerving. i gone change it for a bit calmer sound.

i agree that the racer and casual-wear sebulba shoudnt use saber, i will take that out. but i will add a bot file for all three skintypes. and jedi_dug will use saber, of course blue one.

i also thougt of giving sebulba an other main taunt, that >banta pudu< one.

still to discuss is the scale wich we should mention in the readme, wich size should sebulba have to fit the other models. i thought about 0.6 would be best, wouldnt it?

Btw, inbredyokel, check your private message box, i thankfull accept you offer...
 El Sitherino
01-08-2003, 6:56 PM
hey do you think you could also get the dug sound from ep2 when obi is holding onto the bot thing in the city where the dug says "baah jedi poodoo!" i think that would be kinda cool. and for the scale i found .7 to be perfect. also could you make it where the jedi dug only uses saber. the one thing i find wrong with some models is the bots for jedi characters use guns which i think is kinda contradicting since its a jedi and they only use sabers.
 Duncan_10158
01-08-2003, 7:23 PM
i dont know how to get these sounds from ep 2, all sounds sebulba has are from Deetox, i havent heard from him a very long time, i will see if i can contact him, otherwise i dont know.

i will try to make the jedi_dug saber only, your right that jedi should use saber only. for the jedi_dug it would be even best if he has his own sounds, cause i dont think a jedi of any species talks like this. but without Deetox i dont know where to get.
 Deetox187
01-10-2003, 9:35 AM
Hey wassup, sorry i've been a bit out of it. I did not receive the email with the beta model, too bad cause i'd really like to see it. :(

Anyway you're right the jump sound is annoying, heres one that might be abit more appropriate.. if you don't like something just speak up, i'm not gonna crap on you. :p

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/jump.wav)

As for seperate sounds for this jedi_dug i'm not sure what would work, the only dug sounds around that i know of are sebulbas.
 El Sitherino
01-10-2003, 5:39 PM
ok sounds good. i like that jump:D
 inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 5:40 PM
Yeah, apparently the file was too big for both you and I, and Duncan got a return error on the emails. Maybe since you already have the sounds someone can just send you the textures and model (although duncans skins have been updated).
 El Sitherino
01-10-2003, 5:42 PM
oh also on the jedi dug could you make it also have a formal jedi kinda thing. you know with like the regular basic colors.
 Deetox187
01-10-2003, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Yeah, apparently the file was too big for both you and I, and Duncan got a return error on the emails. Maybe since you already have the sounds someone can just send you the textures and model (although duncans skins have been updated).

Yes that would be fine, if one of you could try that i'd appreciate it.

deetox@fanforce.net
 inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 5:57 PM
I considered that, but it seemed kind of boring. It would have been as simple as slapping some plain beige clothes on a recolored Sebulba, and to me that extra 20 minutes of work doesn't justify releasing it as a separate skin. A few of the Jedi we've seen in the movies (ie, Aayla Secura) seem to wear whatever the hell they want, and I figured its a dug, so he probably doesn't have the same fashion tastes as your traditional biped. That, and I think with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan ep. II, Mace, and Anakin models either released or on the way, people might be getting sick of beige and brown jedi.

Btw, the new jump wav sounds good, it just might need to be a little shorter. Minor nitpick tho.

Oh yeah, and Duncan, check your PMs again.
 El Sitherino
01-10-2003, 6:00 PM
yeah you right yokel. good point. :D well like it says in my sig... Im crazy
 Deetox187
01-13-2003, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel

Btw, the new jump wav sounds good, it just might need to be a little shorter. Minor nitpick tho.

Take your pick

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/jump1.mp3)

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/jump2.mp3)

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/jump3.mp3)

PS I still haven't recieved the model. :( :(
 inbredyokel
01-13-2003, 7:26 PM
I'd go with the first one...and I'll send you the skins and model right now...
 inbredyokel
01-13-2003, 7:39 PM
Just tried and it was immediately returned :( Have another email with a bigger inbox?
 Duncan_10158
01-14-2003, 2:12 PM
nice to see you are back, Deetox. i will have some try with the new jumpsounds you gave as. the old one was realy a bit agressiv. the idea with the dug jedi sounds just came up, but i didnt tought of were to get these.

inbredyokel, i just got the fixed skins, but havent seen them yet. about the icons, i have alredy made such a prefab for the icons, only needs to add a model pic and i have the same icons as the original. i take a look at the ones you made, but probably i am going to redo them. i like it if all icons have the same styl and backgroung. i even made that other models i downloaded.

with all these new things, i think we are realy getting close to release. did we forget to dicuss or fix something not yet mentioned?
 inbredyokel
01-14-2003, 4:54 PM
Ok, that's totally fine with me. I can send you the photoshop file without the backgrounds if you want to use it, and you can just insert your own. Btw, please remove my blue and red racer team skins from the final release. I'm not happy with how they look, and I don't think they're necessary with yours already there.

And I think we've got everything covered...I think the only change was that we were going to add small pk3s for my models for use when people aren't using the mod.
 Duncan_10158
01-14-2003, 6:09 PM
inbredyokel, if you wish i can take out your teamcolorskins, but i think they look very good and would fit in. but its on you of course.

to the skins you redone for me, to be honest i am not very happy with the changes you made. the default is ok, i know now what you ment with touching it up. but the teamcolors, you did some basic changes, my intention was to make the skins and not mainly the cloth different for each color. you took the default skin as basic skin for all colors and changed the cloth to red and blue. of course thats an oppinion, do you think teamcolors are clearer like that?
i would prefer teamcolor with more deepth then just changing cloth color to red and blue. thats also why i like your teamcolor.

for the icons you dont need to sent me the files, i can easily take or cutt out new ones.
 inbredyokel
01-14-2003, 6:22 PM
If you want to change the team skins, feel free. I didn't really think about how I colored them, and it's totally a matter of preference.
And yep, I want my team colors out. I'm just not happy with how they look, and I don't want them released publicly.
 Duncan_10158
01-15-2003, 2:36 PM
inbredyokel, i have taken you teamcolor out, as you wish. and thanks anyway for the icon file.

Deetox, i just found a fault in one of the taunt sound files. the taunt3.mp3 files doesnt work, there is some error message about not 44'100 something. i dont exactly know what that means but i think is a known problem. could you check that out and if possible sent me a fix version. in fact is one of my favorit taunts.
 El Sitherino
01-15-2003, 6:52 PM
im not sure precisely but i know its something to do with the audio file being to big.
 Deetox187
01-16-2003, 2:56 AM
Nah i just forgot to save that one at 44khz, should be fixed now sorry.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/taunt3.mp3)

As for my email being a bitch ya i was afraid of that.. it was supposed to accept files as big as 5mb but obviously that isn't the case. I don't have another address i can use though, my ISP allows 2 email accounts but they are both currently being used by other people in the house so i have to stick to the crappy ones unfortunetly. :(

Guess i'll just wait for the official release of the model, doesn't look like it will be too far down the road anyway. :)

btw heres another jump sound possibility i whipped up.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/jumpjump.mp3)
 Duncan_10158
01-16-2003, 7:20 PM
your guess isnt that bad, Deetox. in fact i am sending sebulba right now to jk2files.com and jediknightii.net to release it......
yes, its somehow finaly out!

but i cant upload it on my own page, what would be probably the fastest way to release it, couse i got some problems there. so now we can see wich site is faster in uploading sebulba. any bet?

by the way, i have included the newest jump sound, i think it fits in best, it has the right dynamic. i also took the new taunt3.mp3 and made it the main taunt couse i realy like that one.

so its released, we only have to wait for upload now.
 El Sitherino
01-16-2003, 7:26 PM
i could upload it to my site. in like a minute. if you dont want me to thats ok. just wondering.
 Toonces
01-16-2003, 7:51 PM
I'll put it up quickly before I have to go out.

Looks great guys, I'll have to play around with him when I get back :D

edit: Enjoy :Dhttp://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1108)

I'll post some news about it when I get back
 ninja
01-16-2003, 8:43 PM
the model that was released... is it a BETA? because theres like skining missing.
 Deetox187
01-18-2003, 3:54 AM
Well i just tried him out and it was definetly worth the wait, i knew he'd be great but this is better than i expected! Must say i'm kinda partial to the racer sebulba myself, he just looks so cool with those googles on. :D

Props to Duncan for the amazing model and inbredyokal for the kickass skins, it was very fun watching Sebulba evolve into what he is now.. if you guys ever need more sound help in the future just drop me a line. :)

btw all the skins seem to work fine for me, don't know what the problem is ninja.
 ninja
01-18-2003, 4:10 AM
well when i play the models, the only one that seems to be fully skinned is the racer, but the rest its like the head part is a grey color which means skining is missing. its the same with the jar jar binks model, the other gungan not jar jar, it needed color to the vest. it was just a grey color, like they forgot to color it in. but the way the model was done was cool, and the sounds are good too :)
 Lord Tnuc
01-18-2003, 4:50 AM
My, my..is that a Star Wars: Podracer taunt that is gracing my ears? I do so love that game.
 Duncan_10158
01-18-2003, 6:03 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
i could upload it to my site. in like a minute. if you dont want me to thats ok. just wondering.

sorry InsaneSith, i missed that you can upload it, otherwise i would have sent you the release model with the others.

Originally posted by Toonces
I'll put it up quickly before I have to go out.
Looks great guys, I'll have to play around with him when I get back
I'll post some news about it when I get back

thanks Toonces, atfer ages of waiting for release, its fantastic to have it finaly out that quick. the force IS with you.

ninja, i realy dont know what could cause this problem. perhaps try to install only the sebulba20.pk3 file and use the code like mentiond in the readme for racer and dug_jedi. does it look still wrong? it could also by the JK2 version, is it the newest? or some texture setting.
i havent got any other fault report like yours, ninja. but i hope we will solve this problem.
 12thMonkey
01-18-2003, 8:38 AM
Originally posted by ninja
well when i play the models, the only one that seems to be fully skinned is the racer, but the rest its like the head part is a grey color which means skining is missing. its the same with the jar jar binks model, the other gungan not jar jar, it needed color to the vest. it was just a grey color, like they forgot to color it in. but the way the model was done was cool, and the sounds are good too :)

Have you patched the game? I used to get that on some custom models and skins before I patched.
 t3rr0r
01-18-2003, 10:36 AM
any chance of an update with a shader for the goggles (they should be somewhat transparent, since you can see his eyes in the movie)?
 inbredyokel
01-18-2003, 1:03 PM
I tried a semi-transparent shader for the goggles, but it didn't look too great. By using a shiny shader on the goggles, it made the eyes impossible to see (they basically ended up looking like they do now with the glare painted on), and by reducing the reflection enough to see the eyes, it looked incredibly lame and far worse than not having a shader at all. In order for it to look good, part of the inside of the helmet would need to be modeled, the eyes under the helmet would need to glow slightly, and there'd have to be a little structural change around the eyes to accomodate showing them off. If someone would like to mess with it more(I'm not that great at shaders) they're welcome to, because I'm satisfied with what's there.
 ninja
01-19-2003, 3:41 AM
actually no, i havent put a patch in it yet. duuuuuurrrr why did'nt i think of that. thanks... anyway where can i find the official patches? beacuase i dont wanna accidently DL a MOD patch.
 12thMonkey
01-19-2003, 7:23 AM
 ninja
01-20-2003, 1:43 AM
hey thanks, it works great now. so maybe some other people experienced what i went through too. well you heard it here folks... you gotta get the patch.

by the way, is there anything else i should update on?
Page: 4 of 4