Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 8

Page: 5 of 5
 Kuuki
11-08-2002, 5:37 PM
*Irvine lowers his hand after being denined a formal greeting.*

Irvine trying to get into a converstaion: "Well yes, new weapony would be a nice thing to look at, but also how well they use them. It wasn't until a few days ago I only had the skills of a first class Fencer, but after my merging I suddenly gained the knowledge to properly wield duel and single Lightsabers, duel and single Lightfoils. Not only that I've seemed to also have quite the talent with wielding a LightScythe, a such model that I've tried to look up for any doublcates, didn't show, so what i have must be 'one-of-a-kind'. It's quiote an interesting weapon I have to say myself. Its like its 3 generations better then what we traditionally wield... I'd be glad to show ya after this..."

*meanwhile*

Marcus: "Hmm, when will this thing start, I think the Jedi are getting anxious too."

Ivan: "Oh, shut up Marcus. When it starts it starts."
 Redwing
11-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Farran: First, ladies and gentlemen of the Council, the abilities of the Jedi themselves against our current tactical forces will be demonstrated. Most of you have no firsthand experience with these beings; you know them only by reputation.

*The set of doors on one side of the arena open*

These Jedi were captured on Coruscant a week ago. *at the explosion of murmurs* The operation was done so they are believed dead. *smiles pointedly* There is no fear of retaliation.

*A large vehicle enters, holding a set of cages with Jedi occupants, with wireframes around them. Viewscreens display the scene close-up for the Council's benefit*

Farran: What you see down there are Universal Energy Cages. They are the only known cages that can hold a Jedi. Unfortunately, they are extraordinarily hard to find or produce. The creatures on the wireframes are ysalamiri. They are rare creatures that block the Force, the source of the Jedi's power.

*Farran smiles* In case you're wondering, no, the Vanguards do not wear ysalamiri. The creatures can only block the Force when they are alive, and Jedi have often been proven to be deadly fighters even when deprived of the Force.

*Farran motions to the other end of the enormous arena, which opens to reveal a vertible army of stormtroopers, with all kinds of weaponry*

This is the first part of the demonstration...the best of the Empire's shocktroopers, and the forces we send against the Jedi. Observe...

*Farran steps on a holotransmitter platform. The viewscreens show his holographic image appear on the Jedi cage vehicle*
 Redwing
11-10-2002, 12:23 AM
Farran: Greetings, Jedi. I'm sure you're wondering what why we've brought you here. *Farran makes a motion with his hand, and droids enter the arena and begin removing the ysalamiri* You are here to take part in a short...tournament. The rules are simple; defeat all your opponents, and you will all go free. If you don't, well, you'll all be dead. *waves to the troopers on the other side of the arena* Those are your first opponents. Oh, and by the way, don't bother considering escape. This arena is now walled in by force fields. There is no way in or out.

*The imprisoned Jedi simply stare at him. Farran shrugs amd waves his hand again. The energy cages snap open, and a set of droids advances towards the Jedi and hand them their lightsabers. Farran turns toward the Imperial troopers* Attack.

*the Imperials spread out and open fire*
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-10-2002, 1:01 AM
*Alys sat, with a small metal crate in front of her. It was an exercise, as instructed by the Holocron. A jedi padawan would attempt to lift the object, usually a rock, with the Force. Starr Watched over her.

She closed her eyes, and began to concentrate. "Let the Force flow through you", the Holocron said. Anger, hate, agression, those are the paths to the dark side, it said. Impaitence, frustration, the quick and easy path.

Well, she always liked to do things the hard way.

As she sat, she opended her self up to the Force. That much she learned from Starr, and her father when he had the time. She could FEEL everything around her, Starr, the Imperial patrols, the officers on the ship. She then focused on the empty space infront of her. She tried lifting it through force, but that didn't work. Not to e swayed, she tried gradually lifting it. no good.

Sithspit. She started to get angry, but then she realized what she was doing, and calmed herself. She tried again, this time simply visualizing it moving.
it worked. she opended her eyes, and saw it a good 6 ft above the ground. She started to smile, but doing that broke her concentration, and it fell tothe ground with a loud clang.
She turned and looked at Starr, who had his arms crossed She smiled at him and cheerfully waved.*
Alys: How was that?
 Admiral
11-10-2002, 1:13 PM
*Odin, Heimdall, and Vidar found Frigg, and Tyr and were eating lunch at a local resturant*

Tyr: Latter today we are going to test out some of the new weapons.

Vidar: What have the scientist developed now?

Tyr: A resonance rifle. It should be powerful enough to kill a Jotun in a single shoot.

Odin: That will make things eaiser.

Frigg: What other things are going to be tested.

Tyr: Well a new cloaking shield. It is like the ones being installed on our warships. However this one is smaller. Small enough to place on fighters.

Heimdall: It still amazes me who quickly our scientist solve problems.

Odin: They strive to do so because they know what is at stake.

Vidar: If the Jotuns were ever freed from their containment. They would devstate the galaxy.

Frigg *in a bitter tone*: Only if it wasn't for Loki, we would have been rid of that threat a long time ago.

Odin: Come, lets not talk of him. Enjoy our meal.

Frigg: Your right.

Odin: How is Midgard coming along?

Vidar: Very well. The fortifications are growing by the day.

Heimdall: Midgard is very secured.

Odin: I never doubted that.

*They continue their meal talking about unimportant things. Occansionally laughing at jokes.*
 Kuuki
11-10-2002, 1:54 PM
*The Imperail Council and the other three watch as the fight is quickly swayed twards the Jedi*

Marcus: "Bah! I wouldn't need any prevoius knowhow that the Jedi would be winning over those stormtroopers!"

Ivan: "Just let me remind you that this is not the real demostration..." *ivan glances over at Farran, and smirks* "...this is merely just a pre-round, before the real thing, but they don't know it. All you to do is raise their moral, so that their hopes of victory is in thier grasp, then you crush them down like the little worms they are..."

Ravan: "Well you seem to forget if these Vangaurd aren't protectign ya, one of these Jedi would easily get rid of ya very quickly."

Ivan: "Who ever said anything about relying on the Vanguard for complete protection? What do you think Farran?"

*Meanwhile, close by Irvine walks around the force field matching the fight...*

Irvine to himself: "These Jedi aren't as powerful as my father, but would still prove to be a good enough fight. Maybei shoudl find one to spar with, maybe reletha's brother perhaps?"

*A stormstrooper slams on the force field as a taunt by one the Jedi.*

Irvine again to himself: "Nevermind, I just found my pray..."

Irvien shouting to Farran: "Hey councilman, I want this fool for myself! I still have yet to test my skills agenst someone."
 jokemaster
11-10-2002, 2:32 PM
*falls asleep*
*in dream, standing in the middle of the arena*
"where am I?"
*A Vangaurd approaches ands shoots Chavo*
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
*wakes up*
"whew, what a nightmare"
 Deac
11-10-2002, 4:40 PM
*Lokpihet stares at his chronometer and Reletha yawns as they sat in the viewing area*

Lokpihet: Boooooooring

---------------------------------

NRI Operative: The moment you're well, we have one objective for you.

We want you to assassinate Lokpihet Darkstar. He's become a major threat.
We've identified his holdings in the asteriod remnants of Byss, and on several Core Worlds. It appears he's either trying to lead a coup in the empire, or take power from within. Either way, we want him dead.

Deac: Why me?

NRI: Your soldier training and force abilities make you the best man for the job.

Deac: This guy just cleaved my arm off.

NRI: You either take the job, or hand in your star

Deac:....I'm in.
 Redwing
11-10-2002, 7:18 PM
*Rwos watches through a window. His sharp hearing lets him hear the conversation, however faintly. His eyes narrow as he listens*

----------

*Farran simply smiles at Ivan and calls down to Irvine* Unfortunately, my dear Irvine, I have promised them their freedom if they survive this.

*The Jedi defeat the Imperial troopers easily, despite being vastly outnumbered. The Council members mutter mockingly at the "if they survive this" part*

Farran: And that ends the first part of the demonstration. As you can see, our current forces are no match for the powers of the Jedi.

*screens appear showing Jedi using various Force powers against the troopers, like push, pull, destruction, and speed*

Now for the second part of the demonstration. *looks at Lokiphet and Reletha* I think you'll find this part slightly more...interesting. *smiles*

*into comlink* There are a dozen Jedi left uninjured in the arena...send...six Vanguards in.

----------

*The red Vanguard turned toward the assembly of Vanguards* Those with callsigns one, two, three, four, five, and six will now enter the arena. *Six of the Vanguards nod and dissappear in a flash, green residual particles falling the the ground in their wake. Kioet and Nimalf were not among them*

----------

*Starr watched Alys attempting to lift the metal crate. He could sense her power, and she was using the light side. Why? She had obviously inherited everything her father had...if not more. She was an incredible person.

Why was he thinking that? She was nothing but a...child, really. Not much younger than him, but a child to the Force. But what kind of beginner could do all this?

Starr realized he was trying to suppress jealousy. Cracken treated her like...like his daughter. Starr felt he should hate her for it. She was taking a place he's never been able to achieve.

But somehow, he couldn't hate her. Of course I can hate her. I am a Sith. Hate, anger and aggression are my power. Except...as he stared at her, he couldn't bring up the right emotions. He felt something else...strange, foreign...

She was lifting the crate, high as his head. Wow. She must have sensed him staring at her, for she dropped the box, smiled and waved at him cheerfully.

Alys: How was that?

Starr: It was uh...eh...It was very good. *gets upset at having stuttered* But you still have a long way to go. *Starr looked away from her and stared hard at the wall*
 Rogue15
11-10-2002, 7:31 PM
*Kioet gets really angry*

Kioet: DAMMIT!!!!! They're going to slaughter those poor Jedi!!!

*Kioet looks at his wrist, thoughtfully, then aims it at the doors to the arena and fires off all his rockets at blinding speed, they don't even affect the door*

Kioet: WHY YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!!!!!

*Kioet tries to teleport into the arena, but unfortunately his teleporter is shut down, and he suddenly notices his voice modulator isn't working like it should*
 Redwing
11-10-2002, 7:44 PM
*Kioet suddenly finds his movement slowing rapidly, until he cannot move at all. Nimalf finds himself in the same predicament, in the midst of diving for the ripped-off weapons cabinent. Nimalf looks up with his eyes only to see the other Vanguards with weapons trained on him*

Red Vanguard: We found the bodies you stashed in the weapons lockers. Spies, are you? Lord Darkholme will want to deal with you personally. *motions to two of the other Vanguards, who advance and lift Kioet and Nimalf up*
 Rogue15
11-10-2002, 7:53 PM
Kioet: You idiots!!! Don't you have any mercy!!! Imagine yourself in my skin!! Let me go! I have information on someone that could be important!!!
 Redwing
11-10-2002, 8:33 PM
*The Red Vanguard looks at Kioet with distaste* Shut him up, please. *The Vanguard carrying Kioet places a blaster at the back of his neck, and fires a stunbolt*

----------

*Six Vanguards teleport into the arena. The Jedi stare at them, unrecognizing*

Vanguard Leader: Advance.

*The Vanguards spread out and advance on the Jedi. The produce long metal rods from their backs as they move forward.

The first Jedi rushes unexpectedly at the leader. Moving preternaturally fast with the aid of the Force, he swings his lightsaber at the Vanguard's head.

And his saber was met with the same speed and stopped by the metal pole.

The Jedi's astonished look mirrored those of some of the Council watching the holoscreens. They had barely seen the Vanguard move.

Farran smiled.

Several of the Jedi abruptly blur and vanish, using a Force speed technique. Instantly, the all of the Vanguard blur and vanish as well. Blurs streak around the arena in fast motion*

Farran: *to the Council* Any power the Jedi have, the Vanguard can either negate or match. They are the ultimate weapons.

*The Jedi drop out of Force speed, and the two sides regard each other. One Jedi sends a blast of Force destruction at the Vanguard, who make no attempt to move. The blast hits them and washes over with absolutely no effect. The Jedi then tries to pull their weapons, but nothing happens*

Vanguard Leader: Is that all you Jedi can do? *turns to the other Vanguards* Full attack.

*Three of the Vanguards fly into the air, letting loose a stream of rockets and concussion pulses. The other three draw weapons and dash at the Jedi. Several Jedi throw their sabers at the advancing opponents, but the sabers glance off the cortosis-laced armor.

The Jedi begin a full onslaught, but the battle is quickly, brutally over. The dozen Jedi lay unconscious or dead at the feet of their untouched opponents.

Farran turned to the Council* Any questions?
 Kuuki
11-10-2002, 9:40 PM
Ravan: "Yes I have one, How are these Vangaurd negating the jedi's movements? Or at least matching them as you say? Wouldn't the minds of the Vangaurd have to move as quick like the Jedi's, which they'd have a natural ability to have their thoughts transverse through their minds a lot more rapidly then a normal, even force sensitive Individual, sometimes they can out think a computer, but thats on rare cases. But I wouldn't doubt that on the case of Irvine here, I have to admit I am Sensitive to the force, and infact his power is infact increasing. But going back to my question, how could these people whom wear these suits could move so fast with out their minds moving as fast as well?

*Irvine looks on as the 'Demonstration' ends, and the Vanguard keep watch on the dead and knocked out Jedi, whom now all lay about in the arena that they have fought in, as the force field lifts, allowing Irvien to walk in and take a look at the 'pray'*

Irvine gwaking at the bodies laying about: "Hmm, pathetic... how ever, they did give out all that they could. I admire that." *walks up to a Vanguard: "Hmm, interesting, your armour, it has a small blemish on it, looks like Jedi got lucky..." *Irvine and the Vanguard soldier Laugh as Irvine wipes off the small blot.*

Irvine at the Council: "Last time I knew how this Empire ran, that it didn't tolerate such luck by the enemy... Is this correct? Or have times change?"
 Deac
11-11-2002, 2:20 PM
*Lokpihet stands*

Lokpihet: What are their weaknesses? How could our enemy overcome them-because if they do your "costumes" become useless...

Do superweapons really work? How many resources have we lost in our Death Stars and SSD's. And what did we gain? Nothing. We gained more from our people! We should train them better

*Reletha puts a hand supportively on her brother's shoulder*

Reletha: Peace, Lokpihet. Did you not see the Jedi die?

Lokpihet: Those jedi were easy enough to capture. Are they not then to easy to kill? Bring me Horn, or Solusar, or Starkiller, or even Luke Skywalker dead, and then-only then will I be satisfied!
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-11-2002, 2:49 PM
*Alys looks at Starr, and gave him a wierd look. He never stammers... Oh well, that's enough for today. SHe stood up, and walked next to Starr*
Well, i'm gonna go get some food from the mess hall, wanna join?
*Starr gave her an odd look, and was about to speak but Alys cut him off*

I know, hier to the empire, whatever, but i'm hungery NOW. Fathers' cooks take a good 30 minutes.
*She smiled* you can come if you want. you haven't ate anything since you got up i bet.
*She walked out, and the doors swished closed behind her*
 jokemaster
11-11-2002, 5:25 PM
*gaurd approaches Irvine and tells him about the prisoner*
 BattleDog
11-11-2002, 6:01 PM
Flax: We aren't sending you alone Deac. This is my son Kalran, he is a Knight, though not a very experianced one. You'll both enter the Seperatist Realm under false identities. Kal will pose as your Padawan.

We're going to drop you at a place where the Seperatists will "capture" you.

You'll notice we've regenerated some of your flesh, we've also refined your remaining prosphetics. Your a little less Cyborg.

I'd send Kyle on this mission but he's bowing up one of their greatest strongholds. *shrug.*

Bring my son back Deac.
 Redwing
11-11-2002, 8:56 PM
Artemis Omicron: Calm down, all your questions will be answered. *to Ravan* The Vanguard's ability to match a Jedi's movement is the very newest bit of technology we have added in. When a Jedi speeds up his reflexes, he involuntarily gives off a small amount of Force energy. The Vanguards are injected with a fluid that is designed to act as midichlorians in the presence of active Force energy. It increases the Vanguard's speed and reflexes to the level of their opponent's. When the Force power is no longer being used, the effect wears off. So to answer your question, Ravan, their minds and bodies are moving at super-speed.

*to Lokiphet* Their weakness is that they are mortal. The suit can take the same amount of damage as any blaster-resistant suit with personal shields could. Their armor is laced with cortiosis, so it will be harder for a Jedi's lightsaber to slice through it, as you saw, but they are not, of course, invulnerable. They are the height of technology, but we cannot make a truly invincible soldier. But as you can see, Force powers cannot affect them, and that is something no other soldier is capable of achieving. Tricks of the mind, telekinesis, you name it, they are unaffected by it. I, certainly, would not call these Vanguards useless...

----------

*Starr watches Alys go. He didn't really care about the mess hall...if was the fact she had offered to eat with him. Was that supposed to mean something else? If so, what about that Jedi she had been...with...when he had gone to fetch her from Corellia?

Speaking of Hal, would he try to find her? If she wanted to go with him...would he care?

He'd think about that later. Right now, on the spur of the moment, he decided to join her.*
 Kuuki
11-11-2002, 10:07 PM
*The gaurd tells Irvine about the gaurds in a low tone so the he'd be the only one hearing it...*

Irvine back to gaurd: "Good, I'll take care of it..."

Irvine turning to Omicron: "So, If, per-say, I'd get, well lets say, five Vanguard to act as my 'guards', My power, how ever how large it shall become, those who stand near me, their bodies would act on my Midicloron, and thus be as strong as I? That would be the best possible solution for any Jedi or Sith threats we mgiht encounter, reguardless if i can take on anyone alone, any Jedi or Sith, like we saw today, would be overwhemed by not only my powers, but the Vanguard around me leaching off my energy, thus giving the leverage..."

Ivan: "I should wait for Omicron to give an answer, but I believe that'd be also the most logical solution I've herd all day.."
 Admiral
11-11-2002, 10:29 PM
*The group stands gets up after completing their meal and leave the resturant. They walk to a parking lot.*

Vidar: I'll take my leave now. I have some business I must attend to. Goodbye.

Odin: Bye son. I'll see you later.

Frigg: Bye honey.

*Vidar gets in a landspeeder and heads off to the palace. The others enter a large luxury landspeeder*

Odin: Any paticular destination?

Tyr: I need to go to the testing grounds to check on peperation for tonights weapon test.

Odin: Alright. We'll go there. *to the speeder* Take us to the alpha testing area.

*The Landspeeder heads off in the direction of the testing grounds*

Tyr: So will you be attending the test tonight?

Odin: Yes, I think I will go.

Frigg: We will be delighted to attend.

Heimdall: The resonance rifles will be spectular to watch. Their second setting are very powerful.

Tyr: Heimdall, I'll need your help to get everything set. If you don't mind.

Heimdall: Sure, I have nothing pressing to do at the moment.
------------------
*Meanwhile Vidar arrives at the palace. He enters his office and begins going through reports. Shortly later someone knocks on his door*

Vidar: Enter.

*Burnhilde enters carring a message canister*

Burnhilde: Good afternoon lord. I thought you may like to see this. A valkyre sent this a short time ago.

Vidar: Well put it in and let us see what she sent.

*Burnhilde inserts the canister into a computer terminal. A second later a movie began playing showing the demostration of the Vanguards against the jedi*

Vidar: Very interesting. Thank you for this. I'll make sure my father sees this. Oh give my compliments to the agent.

Burnhilde: Yes sir. Good bye.

Vidar: Bye.

*Burnhilde turns and leaves Vidar's Office, Vidar begins looking through files*

Vidar: Interesting, I have never seen these before. Lets see the Gotterdammerung prophecies.

*Vidar begins reading*
 Redwing
11-11-2002, 11:41 PM
((OOS: Omicron is not a Councilman. He is the scientist responsible for the Vanguard Project. Farran is the Councilman behind the project.))

Omicron: You are almost correct, however the technology is still being developed. For active offensive Force powers, in testing, the Vanguards were unable to rechannel the energies directed at them. Our solution was to use a different technology to cause a "wash" effect; Force power actively directed against a Vanguard will flow around the Vanguard and have no affect. However for active passive Force powers, such as increasing speed, agility, reflexes and precognition, you are correct.
 Rogue15
11-11-2002, 11:49 PM
*Kioet wakes up in a cell, binders are around his wrists and ankles, and he's strapped to the wall*

Kioet: "Come out, come out whomever you are!!!!"
 Kuuki
11-12-2002, 8:29 AM
Irvine: "Thats nice to hear. But Shall me finish this another time? I have a little business to take care of..."
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-12-2002, 10:44 AM
*a Lambda class shuttle drop out of hyperspace, in the heart of teh Corperate sector and begins to broadcast a messsage along most com frequencies.*

This is a diplomatic envoy from the Loyalist remnant. we wish to speak with teh Imperial Councel.
 Admiral
11-12-2002, 4:15 PM
*Droping off Tyr and Heimdall at the testing site. Odin and Frigg return to the palace. Odin walks to a meeting of his military advisors. Entering the meeting room, occupied by, Brunhilde (head of the Valkyries), Sigurd (head of the Einherjar), and Beowulf (head of the Beserks)*

Odin: Good day to you all. This is going to rather short. I just want your reports on activity. Brunhilde you go first.

Brunhilde: Sir. We have a tape of the Imperial Vanguards demostrating their new skills and slaughtering a group of Jedi. Lord Vidar has it at the moment. We have also learned that Deac Starkiller has been given a promotion, and another assignment. He is to be captured by the Seperatist. He is to be in the company of Flax's son Klaran. Cracken has found his daughter and they have been reunited. She is now undergoing training in the force. All the sides are preparing for another war. The vanguards make me believe the jedi are going to be a major target. Since the Jedi are one of the stablizing forces in the galaxy we should consider lending them aid if they need it.

Odin: I agree. Watch the jedi closely, they are honorable and deserve our favor. Sigurd you may go.

Sigurd: Currently we are planning a small raid against the Jotuns. It will mainly be an intelligence gathering mission. The Jotuns were able to predict when our last raid would occur. Subsequently they almost killed the team. To prevant this from happening again our raiding teams are starting to randomize the times of their raids. The new cloaking shields will help greatly.

Odin: Thank you. Now Beowulf.

Beowulf: Last night we repulsed a small Jotun raid. We had no casualties. Although five men were wounded in the attack. Lately these small attacks have been coming more routinly. I believe they are probing our security and seeing if any week spots have developed. This could foreshadow an offensive by the Jotuns.

Odin: The raid will tell us for certain. Increase our forces in that area, if possible capture one of the raiding Jotuns. It has been a while since they last launched an offensive. Perhaps they believe we finally let our guard down. If that is all.....we are finished here. Have a good day.

*Leaving the meeting Odin is joined in the hall by Beowulf*

Beowulf: Lord I have a question for you.

Odin: What is it?

Beowulf: Why do we watch the Imperails and the New Republic so closely?

Odin: Well the main reason is to make sure that they haven't learned about the Jotuns. The other is I find that they have a sort of innocense. They are unaware of the evil of the Jotuns and I find it a little refreshing. The internal strife is interesting. Finally knowledge is always a good thing. You never know when they may become useful, or when they might need our help.

Beowulf: Thankyou for answering my question lord.

Odin: Do you see why we watch them?

Beowulf: It is a little clearer now. Are you going to the weapon test tonight?

Odin: Yes, but now I'm going to find Vidar and watch that tape on the Vanguards.

*The two part company, Odin goes to Vidar's Office*
 Kuuki
11-12-2002, 6:38 PM
*Irvine arrives in the security cell that Kioet and his companion Nimalf are being held.*

Irvine walking to Kioet: "My, my, my dear weapons agent. I hardly think that me causing a slight mess of your cargo on tatoonie desurves me to be followed all the way out here... How ever, whats needs to be paid back needs to be paid for..."

*Irvine tosses a small bag of money that holds an equal amount of Republican and Imperial cedits inside, on the floor infront of Kioet's feet.*

Irvine smiling: "Accept my Appology. Now thats been taken care of, what am I going to do with both of ya... Hmm, well, I can't just let ya go..." *turns to gaurds.* "Implant the Devices into them." *turning back to the captures.* "those are nanobiotic transmitters, once they are in there, there there for good. Now, either we track your movements across the galaxy, eventualy going to the republic wiht reporting them of our doings, or we track your movements across the galaxy reporting of their doings, If you get my drift..."

*The gaurds inplant the tracking devices into the captures with mild resistence, but it gets them installed.*

----------------------------------------------------

Ivan to Farran while walking back from the arena: "So, are we going to tell them of our decision?"
 Redwing
11-12-2002, 7:30 PM
((OOS: What decision?))

Farran: I have a small piece of business to take care of. *leaves the arena*

----------

*Two Vanguards enter the cell* Irvine Cracken, you do not have clearance to deal with these prisoners. Farran Darkholme wishes to speak to them. *The Vanguards escort Kioet and Nimalf out in one direction, and Irvine in another*
 jokemaster
11-12-2002, 7:35 PM
*gaurd approaches Farran*
Gaurd (to Farran): Sir, there is another prisoner awaiting trial by the council, would you like to have it tomorow since its getting late?"
 Redwing
11-12-2002, 7:44 PM
Farran: *irritably, smoothness gone as unneeded* What makes you think this is my affair? Wait...trial by Council? Who authorized this? Who is the prisoner?

----------

Communications Officer: Diplomat? We have received no notice of diplomatic arrivals today. Transmit a proper clearance code or be fired upon.
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-12-2002, 8:22 PM
*The ambassador became very worried. he keyed the com, and franitkly spoke*
Clearence code?! Diplomates don't need codes!! What governemnt policies do you have?! Let us by, please, we have no weapons, un armed, a scan coudl...
*His transmitter became silent. they cut him off.....*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ALys sat down with her tray. 10 minutes it took her to get her food. she sighed. well, better than 30 minutes. She started to eat, digging into something that smelled like a Corellian dish. She bit, chewed, and swollowed. Not to bad. Looks like sithspawn, but tastes great.

She continued to eat, and to her surprise, Starr sat across from her. He poked the food, weary of it's taste.*

Alys: Don't worry, looks like sithsp...... *she stopped, and remembered that Starr was a Sith himself.*.... i mean... Bathna pudu....
*She blushed, embarrassed that she let the insult slip. She continued to eat, to flustered to say anthing. She glanced at Starr, and back down at her food. He's kinda cute, she thought.*
 Kuuki
11-12-2002, 8:29 PM
Irvine to Vanguard while being escorted: "By the way, it was my business when the information about the prisoners had been released to me personaly. And my offer to them still stands."
 jokemaster
11-12-2002, 8:33 PM
Gaurd (visibly nervous): Domingo Chavo, sir, and you authorized it along with various council members. He held you at blasterpoint once.
 Redwing
11-12-2002, 8:51 PM
Officer: *having kept the comme receiver silenced since the orignal transmission* Unidentified shuttle, transmit proper clearance codes. Unidentified shuttle, transmit proper clearance codes or you will be fired upon!

*waits a moment*

Unidentified shuttle, since you refuse to reply, we are forced to assume you are spies. We cannot allow security breaches at a time like this.

*changes comm channel* Someone *ahem* claiming to be a Loyalist diplomat is infiltrating planetary security. The person will not respond to further comm hails once we questioned him and is insisting on advancing. Fire on him. *smiles*

*Turbolaser bolts lance from the Golan platforms. The fleeing diplomatic shuttle is hit from all directions at once and explodes violently. It never had a chance*

*The Separatist Imperial Council watches. One Councilman mutters* It has begun.

----------

*While waiting for Deac to leave the building, Rwos picks up the comlink Odin had given to him. Having not used a comlink from this universe in a while, he had to search his memory for a moment to remember which buttons to push. But it hadn't been that long.

He dialed the only available frequency.*
 Kuuki
11-12-2002, 9:04 PM
*Marcus just finished talking to an officer about the recent events, he dismisses him and quickly goes to the other Council Members...*

Marcus: "Planetary Security has just destroyed a diplomatic shuttle a few min ago, reports say that the shuttle refused to give out any securence codes pertaining to a diplomatic authenticity..."

Ivan: "We know, we just watched it. and as far as I knew, we didn't made any proceedures pretaining to diplomatic means yet."

Ravan: "Great! Now a real war is going to break out before we made any real preparations yet. Not only that we hardly have a Navy."

Ivan: "Someone go get Farran, we need an urgent meeting A.S.A.P, also bring Irvine, Reletha and her accomplice, we could need him."
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-12-2002, 10:11 PM
*Cracken is busy at his desk. he stopped, looked for a moment and laughed to himself. Him, a politician. he chuckled, and at that moment, Tojo's image appeared on the holoprojector*

Cracken: I assumed right, the Seperatist blew that shuttle to pieces.

Tojo: yessir. no survivors. we recived the distress call a few hours ago, then it suddenly went silent

*Cracken leaned back in his chair. and looked out his viewport. Bilbringi was in the process of manufacturing a new Cruiser for the Republic, and next to it, and Imperial Star Destroyer. an odd site, to be sure. He turned to the projector.*

move your fleet to the planet of Ord Biniir. Take it. it should take you not long to get there, nor long to defeat the Seperatist forces there. I shall contact the New Republic on our new situation. The destruction and subsquencent death of our envoy is to be taken as an act of war.

*Cracken turned off the Holoprojector, and commed Flax, but was unavailable. he recorded a message*
Cracken: Space Marshal Flax, the Seperatists have destroyed our diplomatic envoy to possibly build a bridge of reunion between us. no survivors where reported. The Empire will take this as an act of war, and declares a State of War exist between the Seperatisst and the Loyalists.
*Cracken attached the distress call to the comm, and sent it.
Looking at the mound of paperwork at his desk, he sighed, got up, and went to find Starr and Alys.*
 Admiral
11-12-2002, 10:54 PM
*Odin and Vidar were talking about the Vanguards when a Valkyre entered with news*

Svafa: Sir, we are recieving a signal from the beacon you gave Rwos.

Odin: I didn't think it would be long before he used that. Have a Valkyre find out what is wrong. She is allowed to identify herself so he knows that she speaks on my behalf.

Svafa: Yes Lord. It will be done.
---------------------
*A moment later a woman named Hirst who approaches Rwos wearing a NRI uniform. Seemingly to materilize out of the shadows, She stops next to Rwos*

Hirst: Hello, Rwos. You recently activated a device that Lord Odin gave you. Do not be startled. My name is Hirst, I am a member of Lord Odin's Valkyries. He has ordered me to inquire what you need, and if necessary provide you with a means to talk with him personally.
 Redwing
11-13-2002, 2:51 AM
Rwos: *almost to himself* Valkeyries? From what I've discovered, why am I not surprised?

*Rwos continues to stare at Deac through the window* Ask your master...has he ever heard of the Blood Scrolls?
 Rogue15
11-13-2002, 11:41 AM
*Kioet walks slowly down the hall, with his head pointed towards the ground*

Kioet: Why would they want to track us? Oh well, at the very least, I did get something out of this trip. I do wish I could at least get one of those awesome Vanguard suits. They were really fascinating.

*Kioet looks at one of the Vanguard that's escorting him and Nimalf out*

Kioet to vanguard, jokingly: So, is there a place where I can sign up to become part of the Vanguard team?
 Deac
11-13-2002, 2:00 PM
*Reletha is outraged at the shooting of the shuttle*

Reletha: It should have been disabled! That diplomat could have been defecting to our cause

*Lokpihet stands*

Lokpihet: Reletha, leave the council chamber. It is no place for a woman such as yourself

Reletha: You think yourself a true heir, but where were you when our father fell?

Lokpihet: I was learning the ways of the sith as instructed by Lord Syrnl. As I recall, you were on Coruscant.

Reletha: Finding more Darkstar Knights.

Lokpihet: I have created a base of power for our family!

Reletha: And how many times have I fought Deac Starkiller to protect our family

Lokpihet: I severed his arm!

Reletha: And were beaten by the gargoyle. I fought Starkiller when he was not mech!

Lokpihet: Go, Reletha. Just go.

*Reletha leaves, fury in her eyes and goes back to her chambers. She sits at her desk and opens a secure channel*

Reletha: Lord Cracken, if you can hear this...you need to know something...

I will help you kill Lokpihet Darkstar....

-----------------------

*Deac exits the ward and sees Rwos*

You coming along on this one?
 Admiral
11-13-2002, 2:11 PM
*Odin and Vidar move into the Communications room, so they could talk more easily with Rwos and Hirst*

Hirst: I will relay the message.

*Pulling out a special comm link*
-------------------
Hirst speaking into the com link: Sir, Rwos is inquiring whether or not we have any knowledge pretaining to the Blood Scrolls.

Odin: Blood Scrolls, that sounds familar. Vidar do you know anything about this?

Vidar: Yes I do. The scrolls are called Blood Scrolls since they were written in blood. We have possesion of the scrolls. In fact I was just going over them a little while back. They are strange.

Odin: Hirst tell Rwos that we have the Blood Scrolls, and put him on. I whish to speak with him directly.

Hirst: Yes sir
---------------------

*turning to Rwos*

Hirst: Rwos, we have heard of the Blood Scrolls. In fact we posses them. Lord Odin would like to speak with you about this.

*Hirst gives Rwos the comm link*
 BattleDog
11-13-2002, 4:09 PM
*Flax sits at his desk.*

Comm: a message from Lord Cracken sir.

Flax: Play it.

*message.*

*Flax winced*: Lord Cracken, I'm afraid with the re-enstatement of the civilian goverment I have reverted to the rank of General.

I'm sorry to here about the loss of you're envoy, however I fail to see how this directly relates to the Republic.

*Flax hits the transpit button.*

Flax: It appears the Sith Lord requires our help.

Sophae: Do you trust him?

Flax: Of course not, he's a Sith.

Sophae: Why did you send Kal with Deac?

Flax: You know why.

Sophae: Either you want to protect Deac or you think Deac will protect Kal.

Flax: Both. Kal needs a master and Deac needs a pupil. He's spent too long just looking after himself, he needs responsibility.
 Kuuki
11-13-2002, 7:24 PM
*Irvine sitting in his own chair at the council meeting, ignoring the small confernation with the siblings, thinking about what has happened prior...

Irvine was being escorted by Vangaurd and to be brought to his own small mininum confenment til he could be questioned about his motives, He was just about to be put in a holding cell til Marcus runs up to the escort.*

Marcus: "Vangaurd release him... Irvine, there has been a needing of you in the Council Chambers, and your questioning of your motives would be questioned there, not only that the other motives that the council shall make after the events of the shuttle shooting..."

*The Vangaurd release him, and he leaves with Marcus. Now after the slight disagreement with Lokpihet and Reletha, He coudl be questioned...*

Ivan: "So, Irvine, what were you doing with those perisoners?"

Ravan interupting: "If we were to trust you with any power, you shant be taking such actions with out our piroir notivication."

Irvine: "In the interest of the Council of course, at certain times things have to be done with out Council guidence, but what I was doing there had some personal matters and other interests with the council as well... I had the persioners implanted with nanobiotic transmitters that would give their positions to anywhere they are in the galaxy. And that type of nanotransmitters cant be removed in anyway, because its really a series of microscopic nanos..."

Marcus: "Get on with it..."

Irine after a sigh: "Basically I offered them to be spies for us, and if they fail, they die, becuase the little second function of the nanos are small detonators, which would basically tear the body inside out, it would kill them, just the mere pain of it all would. Of course It wouldn't take very long, but they don't know that."

Ravan: "Seems reassonable, but don't do anything of the sort again with our consent."

Irvine: "Why? The matter was brought to me personally, so i took care of it. It's not my mistake, its yours."

Ivan: "Alright, stop, lets get on with it. what are we going to do about the Republic and the Imperial Loyalists? Only one third of the Imperial Navy had defected and theres hardly a Glactic Republican Naval fleet ready of combat, regaurdless of how much we have the supplys of an Army there useless unless we have a mode of transportating them..."
 Rogue15
11-13-2002, 9:21 PM
((OOS: scar, that was mean :( but don't edit it. :) ))
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-13-2002, 9:32 PM
*Ord Biniir. Above it's orbit, a golan defense platform, and with it, three squadrons of TIE Advanced. It's personal had been training for war since the secession.

They didn't realize the magnatude of the Loyalists forces.

From nothing, a Super Star Destroyer and it's support fleet of 5 STar Destroyers dropped out of hyperspace. They scrambled, and began firing.

On the Bridge, Tojo watched calmly.*

Tojo: Raise shields, prepare for impacts. Launch fighters, 3 squads of Defenders, bring down there fighters. Have the fleet encircle the planet, i want nothing to escape.
The Vengence will take care of that Golan platform.

*The massive warship closed in, her fighters launched from her belly like broodlings. They closed in on teh TIE advanced, and began to slowly, but surly, destroyed them. As the SUper Star Destroyer closed in, it unleashed a hellish barrage, ripping teh Golan II platform apart. Tojo smiled*
Begin landing. take the planet.
 Redwing
11-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Rwos: Yes. Give me a moment, I'll catch up.

*into the comlink* A group of the Blood scrolls has recently come into my possession. I find some of what they say extremely...interesting. According to the text that could be decoded, a section of the Scrolls were entrusted to the Aesir - obviously, to you - by something called the "Norns" that one of the mages who wrote them was friendly with. I also noticed the text of some of the scrolls was written in a dialect similar to that I saw on your planet, several thousand years in the past...

----------

*The Vanguards escort Nimalf and Kioet to Farran's office*

Farran: *speaks but does not turn to face them* I am going to ask you a few questions. If you do not answer them satisfactorally, you will both be executed.

How and why did you two get here?
 Rogue15
11-14-2002, 12:12 AM
*Kioet looks up*

Kioet: "We were just having a little fun, stalking this guy named Chavos, and were wondering why he was taken here as a prisoner, and what is so important about him..."

*Kioet begins to crack a smile*
 Redwing
11-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Farran: That doesn't answer the how part. I'm waiting.

----------

*Starr stared at Alys. It took him a moment to realize what she was upset about. And then he didn't understand it. It's not as if "Sithspit" was a racial slur...

Starr sensed his master's presence*
 Rogue15
11-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Kioet: How? I was invited for a ride.
 Admiral
11-14-2002, 1:17 PM
*Odin now remembers the Blood Scrolls*

Odin: Yes we know all of that. The Norns are three women. That is all I will discuss about them at the moment. After being written the Norns kept half of the scrolls. While your mages kept the other half. Currently the scrolls we have are safely in our archives. Since you seem so interested in this, you might also like to know that we have records about the meeting between the Norns and the Mages. If you want we will transport you here so you can look at the scrolls.

*Odin mutes the comm*

Odin: Vidar, could you send a message to the Norns. Tell them we have recieved a query about the Blood Scrolls*

Vidar: I get right to it.

*Vidar moves to a terminal and begins to type a message to the Norns. Odin turns the comm back on and waits for Rwos answer*
Page: 5 of 5