Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Sephiroth

Page: 2 of 4
 hawk_of_war
09-18-2002, 5:09 PM
bomberman_xc, use the edit next time, it saves space
 bomberman_xc
09-18-2002, 5:16 PM
sorry about that, never used it before so i never really thought about it
 cROsIs**
09-18-2002, 6:05 PM
Ohhhhh Mushashi, This model is so bland ;)

Nice work, Im getting back to work on ROTJ TC too, yip yip
 Eldritch
09-18-2002, 8:45 PM
I guess I'm out of the loop, but what the hell happened to the link the WIP pics were on? I can't see any of them. Just tells me the page isn't found or something.

-Anakin
 Zedar
09-19-2002, 8:21 AM
Can someone make me an avatar...? (I dunno where I should post this) I posted the link earlier...There's a pic of Sephiroth from KH....Can someone make me an avatar of the left Sephy in the pic....If yes, PM me...please?
 Zedar
09-19-2002, 1:08 PM
Ummmm......I dunno why the link isn't working but the link GameWarrior posted on the first page works:) From there choose Sephiroth artwork
 Xyphox
09-19-2002, 6:26 PM
Sorry I didn't respond to you yesterday Zedar, but I didn't have time to get on. The answer is yes, I can give you a Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth avatar. Do you want his whole body including/excluding the wing, or did you want me to zoom in on the face? I can do whatever you want.

-edit
I could also give you one of Kingdom Hearts Cloud.
 Marth
09-20-2002, 8:36 PM
WHEN IS THIS MODEL GONNA FINISH!?:mad: I GROW IMPATIENT :lsduel: im agreesing my anger nerdy stlye
 bomberman_xc
09-20-2002, 8:41 PM
calm down ya greedy bastard..lol...damn. Would you rather have a P.O.S. model or a nice one that gets the job done.
 Midgit Yoda
09-20-2002, 8:49 PM
Can we say, "edit rather than new post"?
Anyway, Musashi, I know for some reason you're PO'd at me, but I just wanted to see how the model was coming along and to tell ya for whatever reason you're Pissed at me, I'm sorry.
 Twisted Vertex
09-20-2002, 9:09 PM
Dude, Relax I am not mad at you Midget Yoda.

Ok, Last time I am going to ask this. I have been working on this for quite sometime and NO progress. I can't preserve the model root when I export the model out to xsi. Probably the reason why the mesh is getting screwed up.

ANYTHING, throw me a bone here.

Oh hey meat head, go here.........www.discreet.com)

or www.milkshape3d.com)

Edit......midget check your pm box
 Twisted Vertex
09-20-2002, 9:51 PM
Ok, Forgot to add this amount of information. I have two max programs open and comaprign the two hierarchies. One of the jedi-trainer and the heirarchy of my own model. Everything seems to be in perfect order. So I export the model out to the xsi 3.0 format.

I re-import the model back into max. There is two nodes in the hierarchy mesh root and skeleton root. Somehow Model Root is missing. I am siginalling this as the pssible problem to why the mesh is roatating 180 degrees.

I used the skeleton from this forum, So i thought that was the issue. I imported a fresh root xsi and got a new skeleton and tags. Same thing, Maybe the mesh moved all of 12 degrees counter clockwise but thats it.

I tried Freezing the Model Root node, however there appears to be no effect. I even tried to link the model root to another fresh node thinking well, that new node will disapear and I'll have just the model root and its Children.......WRONG!! I am stuck with the new node, it does not disapear when I export the mesh...

If anybody is interested in viewing the problem for themselves, I'll post a .zip file of the dot max.
 bomberman_xc
09-20-2002, 11:42 PM
post the zip, i would like to see what's going on w/it
 Midgit Yoda
09-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Sounds like something's all ****ed up with your exporter. That's sorta like what happened to Ronin's Jawa model except his was like that when he's put it in game. I tried to figure out what was wrong with his but I just couldn't think what it could be. Send it over to me Musashi and I'll see what I can do (the .max file).
 Zedar
09-21-2002, 8:06 AM
Aaaaaarrrrghhhh!!! I can't decide wich avatar should I use!!:(

edit: Thank u Xyphox for the great avatars:)
 Sephiroth CR
09-21-2002, 9:22 AM
Hey Xyphox, I emailed u saying i would like a pic of Sephiroth among the burning flames of Nibelheim for my avatar, and u haven't sent anything back. Can u get that avatar for me plese?
 -Chrono_MOT-
09-21-2002, 9:32 AM
Hey! Sephiroth is in KH? Kick-ASS!!
 Twisted Vertex
09-21-2002, 10:35 AM
 Midgit Yoda
09-21-2002, 10:47 AM
umm, I right click and select save target as and it gives me an HTML file saying no hotlinking basically. It would be ton's better if you could post that in a zip file Musashi, if I can get the .max file to download correctly I will get to work on it asap.

EDIT: can't get it to work, you're gonna have to post a .zip file
 Twisted Vertex
09-21-2002, 2:02 PM
http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/sephorith.zip)

sorry about that...just click the link twice...once close the window the re-click it and the download will begin.
 Xyphox
09-21-2002, 5:52 PM
Hey, Sephiroth CR, sorry I don't read my e-mail that much. Anyway I sent you a PM with some links to some avatars you can have.
 bleek
09-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Marth how many times have you asked that question? How many times has someone anwsered you? You saw me talking about my rank...Gungan and Jawa and stuff.....and you even responded to it. You know it is a rank according to how many posts you have.
 bleek
09-22-2002, 11:43 AM
I haven't mocked you at all. I've anwsered your questions at every turn.....every time you ask the same question over and over. I've tried to help you and give you advice...like not making 2 different threads of the same questions. Oh well, you may be hopeless.
 Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Okay c'mon guys keep on topic. Back to Sephiroth. I'll finish weighting Sephiroth I guess then I'll try to get him in game.I'll post when I have news
 Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Okay Musashi, question. When you tried to get him through Assimilate, did it give you the spine_eff not found error?
 Twisted Vertex
09-22-2002, 1:13 PM
Nope, He compiled fine and everything for me. However the only issue i had was the deal with the mesh. When ever I exported the model out to xsi, everything roated 180 degrees. I think the only thing that stayed in place was the l_arm/torso/head ...Never hand any errors besides that. I never compiled him ether with the new skeleton implemented. Which might be the issue with yours. Before I sent it out I did a brief experiment where i implemented a new skeleton to be sure it wasn't my links or what not.

Well, try taking out that skeleton and use the one that darth vigrid so gracosly allowed us to have.......Well back to my photoshop class. Later man.
 Midgit Yoda
09-22-2002, 1:25 PM
alright I'll try darths weighted skeleton (which I use also lol).
 Twisted Vertex
09-22-2002, 1:29 PM
Does it export to xsi fine? everything in order?
 Sephiroth CR
09-22-2002, 2:50 PM
Thanx alot Xyphox for the avatar. I really appreciate it.

:)
 Xyphox
09-22-2002, 4:12 PM
No problem, glad I could help. And sorry for spamming up your thread musashi...I mean Twisted Vertex.
 El Sitherino
09-22-2002, 11:02 PM
can you make jk2 models from 3ds models?(just wondering)
 Darth Vigrid
09-23-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Twisted Vertex
Nope, He compiled fine and everything for me. However the only issue i had was the deal with the mesh. When ever I exported the model out to xsi, everything roated 180 degrees. I think the only thing that stayed in place was the l_arm/torso/head ...Never hand any errors besides that. I never compiled him ether with the new skeleton implemented. Which might be the issue with yours. Before I sent it out I did a brief experiment where i implemented a new skeleton to be sure it wasn't my links or what not.

Well, try taking out that skeleton and use the one that darth vigrid so gracosly allowed us to have.......Well back to my photoshop class. Later man.

Yeah, the xsi exporter can do some weird stuff sometimes. I had the same problem, only 1000 times worse with my model. I had to unlink the model, do the resetXforms, and reweight and link everything over again. Do this as a last resort. Don't worry, I know it's frustrating, but once you get your first model in-game, the process becomes much easier. Glad you're making good use of my skeleton. Good Luck.

Oh, and InsaneSith if you mean .3ds files, of course you can, you just have to fit it around the jk2 skeleton.
 Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 7:24 AM
hmm, thats something I have yet to try. thank you for that tip.
 Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Anybody figure out how to keep the model root, in the xsi format. It keeps disapearing.
 Midgit Yoda
09-23-2002, 4:09 PM
Well I've been workin on it quite a bit lately. I'll export it, and import the xsi and nothing will be there other than stupidtriangle_off. I have no clue why b/c there is NO freakin reason why it shouldn't WORK!!!!! I've edited stuff, I've moved stuff, I've exported, imported, exported, imported AND IT'S NOT WORKING! I think what the problem is, is that there are just some models that for some gay reason cannot go in game (Dark Helmet grrrrr, don't get me started on that one).
 Darth Vigrid
09-23-2002, 4:32 PM
Your heirarchy is wrong. Look in spaceMonkey's tutorial and follow everything exactly. Maybe you made your mistake here:

--------------------
hips
-select and link it to stupidtriangle_off
--------------------
stupidtriangle_off
-select and link it to mesh_root
--------------------
mesh_root
-slect and link it to model_root
 Midgit Yoda
09-23-2002, 4:47 PM
WTF are u talkin about. Cloud isn't done. He's at 0 percent b/c I have to start over. I'll resume him after I finish Gumby.
 Eldritch
09-23-2002, 6:56 PM
Marth, you know... you really show your age in everything you say and do. You repeat things over and over. You frequently miss the point. You yell and scream, and demand, and act like a 12 year old (which, coincidentally, you are) having a temper tantrum. Just relax, calm down, and think about what you're saying before you just blurt it out. Remember, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be assumed a fool then to open it and remove all doubt."

-Anakin
 bomberman_xc
09-23-2002, 10:17 PM
All that Marth is trying to do is post as many responses as possible to increase his rating. Look at me, considering how long i've been on this forum, my post count is considerably small. I only post when it is relevant to the thread or it is something important to me. Marth you just need to tone it down and quit with your 12 yr. old incoherent ramblings....it's extremely annoying...
 Twisted Vertex
09-23-2002, 10:22 PM
I only post when it is relevant to the thread or it is something important to me.

um ok......is this relevant to sephorith?.......oh. We all know its a kid, probably tru weed smoka, just ignore them and they all go away.
 bomberman_xc
09-23-2002, 10:43 PM
it may not be relevevant to the thread but it falls under the category of "important to me".....it was an issue that i fealt needed to be addressed, btw hope everything works out with sephiroth (relevant to thread)....
 Double_S84
09-26-2002, 4:02 AM
Hey twisted im thinkin, when my Squall and Midget Yodas Cloud are done, we should do a final fantasy model pack ith all of our characters. what do ya think?

HAHA somone should do a seifer im too busy with the Squall.
You know just to have like good guy bad guy themes goin on.

BTW i got some pics of it now if ne one is interested. They are over at my thread. :D
 Double_S84
09-26-2002, 4:54 PM
Sorry bout two posts
 Twisted Vertex
09-26-2002, 6:24 PM
Thanks for all your help and input everyone. Couldn't of gotten this far without you. This community is by far the best, in offering quick help to people who need it....Again I thank you.

Incase you didn't notice that was a "bit" of sarcasm. I just don't understand...
 Double_S84
09-26-2002, 7:41 PM
Twisted i would answer your ? but ihave no idea. Maybe if ya posted pics we could help ya. I know i would.
i cant wait for this model personaly.

Dont get all upset man.
 Sephiroth CR
09-27-2002, 9:15 PM
Ok, i know this question is totally unrelated to Sephiroth, but I figure someone here might know (or not).
No servers are apearing when i click new list in the join game area of the game. It keeps on saying "searching for servers" and no servers are appearing. It started when I downloaded JediPlus version 3.5 , so I know its linked to this. Or maybe i'm doing something wrong. All I know is that I want to join a game and no games are appearing in the list. If anyone knows what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong, plese tell me.

P.S.-I KNOW this is the wrong area to be asking this-I just want help.
 Xyphox
09-27-2002, 9:50 PM
The only idea I can think of about the model is I would go and ask Toonces, or Sithlord-II or Major Clod, you know, someone that's done some decent models. Send it to one of them and ask if they can figure out what's wrong. Because they have a lot of experience with this stuff.
 Double_S84
09-28-2002, 4:00 AM
Post a pic so we can help ya. This thread is dyin.

I think we shouold accually thank Marth for keepin it alive.:chop1:
 Twisted Vertex
09-28-2002, 5:06 PM
He's ingame........Sorta...I have realized tons of errors that I have made along my journey to completeing my first player model for Jk2. So, I jumped back a couple of saves....About the part where I mirror half of sephorith. I need to add a good number of polygons to where the problem areas are. I found the reason for the nast bend in the back of the knee was due to lack of polygons....
 Twisted Vertex
09-28-2002, 9:40 PM
HI, I have an update.......I started FRESH, yeah FRESH. Doesn't look to much different looking at the mesh. However the wirefram has to many improvments its SICK.....ok. If anybody has any grievances with the model let me know. The only thing I am disappointed with is the head and hair. Trying to think up some type of method. I want to achieve an anime look, So most of the face will probably be painted on. Though the model only clocks in at 1,700 polys I do have room to, GO SICK :D

http://www.woopadesign.web1000.com/sephii.jpg)
Page: 2 of 4