Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP - Pablo-Jill

Page: 3 of 4
 Padawan_7
09-16-2002, 6:50 PM
Thank you KevinCoyle!!! :D :D :D

I'm sure there is a lot of us out there who greatly appreciate it!!! :)
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-16-2002, 8:11 PM
yah padawan, especially me!:p
 Madjai
09-16-2002, 8:22 PM
hey dAno i just d/led your model and hes got a few problems with him.
his entire body is made up of many different meshes that still have their original names, like cylinder01 and so forth.
did you read the tutorial that comes with the JK2 tools? because it explains every part of how the model should be.
there arent any caps, the foot isnt attached to the leg and the fingers arent attached to the hand, so itll deform badly.
also you should really fit this guy to the skeleton before you uvwmap.
oh and i strongly suggest that you use facets when doing all of your work, you dont ever need smooth.
 KevinCoyle
09-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, this model isn't ready to be mapped or setup for the game for the reasons Madjai stated. Read the tutorial that Madjai mentioned in the previous post so you know how the model should be before it is uvwmapped and setup for Jedi Knight. If you want, I could get the model ready for you, I don't mind, but it will require alot of changes and won't be entirely your model anymore, it's up to you. If you decide you want to fix the model yourself, and you have questions not explained in the tutorial you can e-mail me at KevinCoyle@nc.rr.com.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-17-2002, 10:14 PM
ya see thats wut i wuz worried about guys, i expected that. lol
aw well, it just started wit me foolin around and decided to make em, i didnt really read any tuts on modeling except for modeling. not specific ones for jk2. sorry guys.

hey kevincoyle, i dont mind if u fix em up and change the model around, i wanna see this guy in game! so do what u want with em, just post on this thread when u gto updatez, thx alot guys, specially coyle, u roc man. so ya, just post if u kno for sure that u wanna do this guy urself, thx!
 "thA dekMan"
09-22-2002, 11:52 AM
hey kevin, dan wants me to ask how the progress is going, cuz he knows how badly its messed, and wants to thank you so much fer doin it again.

But right now his comp is ****ed, so.... he can't post anything.
 Mest
09-29-2002, 9:12 PM
so whats the situation with this model?
 KevinCoyle
09-29-2002, 9:29 PM
I'm still working on finishing up my old ben kenobi model. When that's finished, I'll work on pablo. It shouldn't be too much longer.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-03-2002, 3:44 PM
hey guyz, its me dAno bak on trak, my comps been f'd up for the past week and a half so i havent been on here. im glad to hear that ur still gonna continue kevincoyle, i appreciate that lots. just post here when u start on it:)
 Padawan_7
10-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Rekked, have you come up with any cool taunts for Pablo. I'd like to hear them.
 Rekked
10-06-2002, 10:14 AM
I god! I totally forgot!

I'm so sorry! I promess you it went out of my mind after exams! I'll see if i can tape them today, 'cause tomorrow i'm giving my computer out to the Fujitsu guys to see if they can repair my CPU Vent. Hope I can upload them tonight.

And again: SORRY

:( :( :(
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-06-2002, 7:45 PM
hey rekked dont worry bout it, its all good, weve all been busy lately, once u make em that'll be sweet, make sure to get em on here as soon as possible:P
 El Sitherino
10-06-2002, 7:55 PM
make an ewok
 SpYzEr
10-06-2002, 7:57 PM
lol You guys are obsessed with an Ewok model arent ya? To be truthfull i really want one too :D
 Padawan_7
10-06-2002, 9:11 PM
Rekked, if you need any taunt ideas, try these:

"I will die for the Republic!"
"I am Pablo-Jill."
"The Separatist will not succeed!"
"I will fight to the very end!"
"The Republic shall not be destroyed!"
"The force is my ally."
"I serve the force and the Republic!"

Just some ideas. :D
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-07-2002, 5:36 PM
nice padawan_7, all those are good ideas, i like the
"i am pablo-jill" one
actually i like em all, good stuff.
cant wait to hear wut rekked can come up with!;)
 Padawan_7
10-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks dAno, I'm glad you like the taunt ideas!

Well actually the "I am Pablo-Jill" line was going to be "I am Jedi Master Pablo-Jill" (which would have sounded cool in Spanish), but I checked out the Star Wars database and found out that Pablo wasn't a master; he was only a knight. So, I decided to drop the "Jedi Master" part. :p

So dAno, do you plan on continuing modeling? You know, after Kevin is done fixing up Pablo you could study what he did, and learn from it. That way, if you decide to make another model, you would have a heads up on what exactly needs to be done to it.

Padawan_7
 Rekked
10-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Those are cool taunts to record, 'cause they are longer than the ones that I was going to tape... and sound better. The shorter, the worse one understands it. So, still no word from the Fujitsu People... Ill get them as soon as i can
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-09-2002, 4:04 PM
padawan_7, i do plan on continuin, i love modelin and i think as i keep doin it ill get better. i hope kevin kinda goes through the process with me so ya i can learn better and get better. i wanna do other work but as for the time rite now, im kinda busy makin my website so i dont got time for modelin rite now. i will continue prolly after pablo-jill's in game.

hey rekked, wut do u mean no work from the fujitsu people...?
 Padawan_7
10-09-2002, 8:36 PM
Originally posted by dAno
i will continue prolly after pablo-jill's in game.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it! :D

hey rekked, wut do u mean no work from the fujitsu people...?

He's having his computer repaired.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-09-2002, 9:27 PM
thx padawan_7, do you do any modeling yourself?
 Padawan_7
10-09-2002, 9:44 PM
Unfortunately, I don’t. :(

I have gmax, and I do fairly well with it, but I don't have 3dsmax. So, I kind of stubbornly refuse to get in to any real modeling project because I know that I can't complete any model without 3dsmax. Plus, I go to college, so I don’t have a whole lot of free time on my hands. :)
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
10-17-2002, 5:30 PM
bump! lol
hey i wuz just looking up jk2 sites and i came across one called www.jedimoves.com)
and i went to skin requests and there a request for Pablo Jill and it posts all my pics so far of the model, i thought it was cool cept i wish i knew about it before i went there, lol i dunno, i just thought it wuz kool that they had Pablo there, the more support the better! hopefully kevincoyle can finish off his obi wan soon and get started on this guy eh...
 "thA dekMan"
10-17-2002, 7:28 PM
yea I'm looking forward to seeing it done lol... specially cuz u n me couldn't figure it out haha.

And yea its sweet u found the pics...
 seks03
10-23-2002, 6:27 AM
hey dANO im the guy who runs jedimoves.com and posted your model...... great job man, oh and i thought i had writen you letting you know, oh well everyone that comments on your model is happy with the progress so far, hopefully it will be finish soon :)

and to everyone who wants to see all of this models pictures can visit

http://www.jedimoves.com/)

under the request page
 IPHDTD
10-23-2002, 4:31 PM
seks03 stop plugging your site EVERYWHERE. so far ive seen at least 4 different plugs on these boards. put it in your sig. stop spamming
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
11-03-2002, 3:14 PM
hey kevincoyle, any news on when you think youll be gettin started on pablo?
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
11-14-2002, 5:23 PM
hey people, who still visit this modeling forum, lol.
i havent been able to get a hold of Kevincoyle, so theres still no updatez on the model.
 seks03
11-15-2002, 9:29 PM
hey dano what do you have left to do on Pablo before he is released?
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
11-16-2002, 12:37 AM
well buddy if uve been followin this thread, you would have read that my friend Kevincoyle has taken ovet her model as i cannot seem to be able to learn uvmapping...so i havent talked to him in a while and the modeling forum seems to have died down so i dunno...once he tells me progress, or when his obi wan is done, he said hell get started on it and post here.
 ninja
01-10-2003, 4:09 AM
now this is gonna be a good model.
 ninja
01-21-2003, 1:59 AM
dang did everyone forget about pablo?
 ninja
02-14-2003, 1:45 AM
i guess they did :(
 _NinjaGaiden_
02-14-2003, 2:02 AM
good model for a first timer with any luck you ll be pushing out models like Toonces in no time
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
02-24-2003, 10:08 AM
hey Kevincoyle if you read this, did you remember about your part in this model? :confused:
 KevinCoyle
02-24-2003, 1:52 PM
Yes I do remember, the problem is making a model for Jedi Knight requires certain considerations to be taken into account before you build the model, the model must be porportioned to fit the bones fairly close to work properly, there should be segments near the joints so the model can deform properly in those areas etc.. I don't mean this as critism, because it is a good model, it's just going to take alot of work to get it ready to go into Jedi Knight. I don't mind helping rig the model and unwrap it but there's alot to be done before the model is ready for that. Since it is your model you should work out those parts and when it's ready I'll help you get it in the game.
 ninja
03-23-2003, 7:30 PM
pablo is so kick butt. hope to see him in the near future.
 ninja
03-26-2003, 4:37 AM
any pics so far?
 .:Solusar:.
04-05-2003, 3:36 AM
I have a strong feeling this model has died......
:( unless someone helps this person with UV mapping then it might not be dead.. too bad i can't do that..
 SkiTzoGuy
04-05-2003, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
I have a strong feeling this model has died......
:( unless someone helps this person with UV mapping then it might not be dead.. too bad i can't do that..

I would have to agree with you on that one... This forum hasn't been active in a long long time....
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:32 AM
if that is so that is a shame. he should give the model away or something.
04-08-2003, 2:01 AM
Originally posted by ninja
if that is so that is a shame. he should give the model away or something.

yep i agree with you on that. but i think he wanted kevincoyle to do it for him i think. he said he needed help doing the uv mapping and that sort of stuff. Yea it is a shame this model might be dead i was looking forward into using him a lot :mad:
 SkiTzoGuy
04-08-2003, 2:21 AM
*starts to cry. Why did this model have to die? WHY!? WHY!?
*hands himself tissue paper.. can someone help this guy?
04-11-2003, 1:45 AM
hmmm do you guys think this thread should be closed? any of you? cause it seems to me that this model has died or has bee stalled for a very very long time and its not getting any progress:( Well anyway someone should tell the moderators to close this or something.
 ninja
04-11-2003, 7:41 AM
as long as dAno is still a member here, this thread should stay. maybe an accasional message once in a while to sho dan its still looked at possibly. other than that he's still a member, and come back anytime saying it is, or it is not dead.
04-16-2003, 3:42 AM
hmmm. I don't think danO has shown himself in a long long long long time. Maybe he gave up and quit everything.:confused: Anyway I think this model has died.. unless.. unless he has given it to someone to do.. let us hope that this is still alive.:rolleyes:
 ninja
06-22-2003, 9:55 PM
we still havent forgot about this one. mmuuahhaahhhaaa i'm a stalker lol. i am stalking this model lol.
 NoMeN
07-10-2003, 11:36 AM
 Eldritch
07-10-2003, 8:46 PM
Guys, just let it go. It's been months since the last update, and the thread often goes at least a month before being responded to. It's likely not going to be finished, so let it die.

Oh, and ninja, stop dragging up old threads and getting people excited about dead models.
 ninja
07-10-2003, 10:20 PM
lol goonies never say die lol. hey you never know.
Page: 3 of 4