Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Academy Wars: Episode II "The New Order" Official Battle Thread Sequal

Page: 5 of 5
 Darklighter
08-08-2002, 12:24 PM
Ohhhh:(there's so many stories to read...

I will write something, though I don't have time now...a little bit later, I promise I will:)
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 3:41 PM
hi guys i have a idea. lets make this story more than 3 episodes :D
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 4:15 PM
one ring to rule them all huh reb :rolleyes: :D nice story :thumbsup:

so let me get this straight reb has just blown the planet up and the jedi have evacuated?
 Yom
08-08-2002, 4:35 PM
yes lets make this more then 3 ep. and the jedi are staying to fight and all reb do run a SSD in to the planet and the onther thing is that he evend the 2 mill clones to a 1 mill clones
 Reb Starblazer
08-08-2002, 4:48 PM
Pfft, how's that for gratitude. I was there, ready to give my life to save the Jedi, and they accuse me of trying to blow up the planet :(
Heh, j/k :D

Anyway, in case anyone didn't quite understand it, here's what happened. I set explosives to blow up the SSD, hoping to take out all the Sith in one shot. That backfired and the SSD started falling towards Thedonias(like the Executor hitting the Death Star in ROTJ). I couldn't let that happen, so I used the Ring of the Sith to channel a massive amount of Dark Side energy, thus destroying myself;), the SSD before it hit the planet, and about a million clones.

BTW Whitedragon, I figured someone would make that comparison eventually.:D I chose a ring because I needed something that was small enough to hide on my person, and something that wouldn't sound too stupid. Heh, Go Necklace of the Sith ...no, how about Bracelet of the Sith ... umm, Cursed Boots of the Sith? See why I picked a ring :D
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 5:41 PM
awwww you died reb:( i feel bad now about calling you a blasted trator. ok my turn to write.......just a second
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 6:15 PM
whitedragon looked up into the sky he saw the gigantic explosion and knew what had happened to the trator reb starblazer. "be at peace nobel starblazer. i forgive you" . he heard the yelling as the maul clones were running toward the acadamy gates and something inside him awoke, a power of emotions not negitive but positive emotions, the love of his friends and what they stood for, he felt himself grow stronger with these emotions and the force was all around him giving him strength. the would fight, all the jedi. they wouldent let the emperor drive them away again. dragon activated his light saber and waited.

ok someone elses turn :D
 Darklighter
08-08-2002, 6:52 PM
I'm really sorry I haven't joined in much in this Episode...I've been really busy with stuff, and everybody is writing stuff at once it's kind of confusing me:(lol...I'm sure all the stories are brilliant. I will go back now and read everything I haven't, and if there is anything I can add to the chapter I will.

Thanks everyone for joining in and making this great:)

And whitedragon, we should keep going with this until we've had enough:Dlol...if there is more to write afterwards we will write it. Do not fret, the Academy Wars will stay alive:)
 Darklighter
08-08-2002, 8:21 PM
Here we go, my story...
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 8:43 PM
hey shadow angel dident die in the SSD did he:confused:
 Dath Maximus
08-08-2002, 9:19 PM
ok its been a while since i last posted so here goes

Lord Maximus stood at the entrance to the second jedi academy. Scanning the area with his eyes he noted every weakness. "you there." he commanded one of the clones, "take your company and storm the base. I want prisoners alive." Before him 600 clones began to enter the base. He had been lucky to get off the star destroyer before it had blown. He wouldnt fail this mission. Igniteing his lightsabers, Maximus proceded towards the entrance.
 Darklighter
08-08-2002, 9:26 PM
Darklighter strode out onto the balcony from his quarters. The firy red glow of the sun emanated from the mountains around the desert plane scape, the sea of sand lit with a gleaming glow of orange and yellow. The colours were getting darker, and the sun was descending beyond the horizan, the last sense of pulsing heat fading. The night would come soon.

He was troubled so much he could no longer sense hope. The Emperor had escaped once again, once again the Sith remained alive and well. He hadn't known Reb for long, they had never been close, but what Darklighter had felt before the explosion was unbelievable. A gleam of pure good had shone from Reb at that moment. He hadn't died for nothing after all, he now realised that. He had died for those he cared about so much. Despite everything in his past, in that last moment of his life, Reb was a Jedi.

Darklighter tried to make sense of it, of what he should do now. He could not see the wisdom in it all. He could not see what would happen.

But something happened then that he could not ignore. The voice came again in the back of his mind, echoing throughout his very soul. The voice he had once know.

"Do not give in..." the voice was gentle and soft, it soothed his heart but troubled his thoughts, "...do not give up. There is hope left Tidus..." then the voice paused, before saying those words that had haunted him. That had haunted him ever since that incident, 10 long years ago.

"I love you..." he shivered and shuddered at the thought. It was too painful. He thought he knew the truth now, and could help it no longer.

"She is alive!" he said anxiously, "I will find you Taliara. I promise." Without hesitation he actually did it. He strode out of his quarters and made his way down the spiral steps towards the hanger. He was confused, no thought made any sense or meaning anymore, but he was determined.

----------------

Obi-wan stood above the hanger, leaning far over the railing, staring into the distance. The falling firy parts that remained of the destroyed FleshRender had almost receded, save a few red glowing stary objects with glowing flame-lit tails that illuminated the dark night sky.

"Anything but beautiful" he chuckled to himself. As he laughed silently though he as deadly shocked at the site he saw beneath him. He felt it in the force. The pain, the anguish he had felt before. He knew who it was without even looking.

"Darklighter!" he said to himself, and proceeded to call down at him.

"Darklighter!!" he called again, but he payed no attention. Obi-wan leapt high from the balcony, landing on his two feet 50 metres away from him.

"What the blazes are you doing?" he called. Darklighter stopped, but did not turn around.

"I have to go" he replied forcefully, "I have to do this" his voice now became solemn.

"What are you talking about?" right then Obi-wan felt what Darklighter was feeling, and thinking, her voice inside him.

"Taliara?...it can't be" Darklighter turned around to face Obi-wan to reply.

"I have to find her...I miss her so much" his voice became whimpered and sad, his eyes staring innocently into Obi-wan's. Obi-wan began to walk up to him, shaking his head.

"You can't" he started, "you can't go chasing after lost dreams." Darklighter's eyes narrowed and he started to turn around and Obi-wan followed quickly.

"I have to go to her...she needs me" his eyes watered at the thought. He was completely delusional. Obi-wan ran up to him and grabbed his shoulder to swing him round hard and stared angrily into Darklighter's face as he shouted.

"She's dead!" he looked into Obi-wan's eyes, the tears streaming from his eyes. They rolled from his cheek to the ground, and the two men stared at one another. "Let it go Tidus...just let it go. I won't let you go again. You won't come back. Ever."

There was a long silence before Darklighter spoke once again.

"Why did it have to turn out like this?" he sobbed, "Why did she have to die?" he collapsed helplessly to his knees and wept sorrowfully. Obi-wan leant down and rested his hand on his shoulder.

"We all have our part to play. Some moreso than others. Taliara played her part. She is at peace. Let it go Tidus." He looked up now, tears streaming from his eyes across his face. All he did was bow his head, and Obi-wan sat by him. They must have sat for ten minutes, unmoving.

"We have a duty, Admiral Darklighter" he spoke proudly, "I can't do this without you, old friend." He looked up again, and they both smiled. Suddenly they both felt a disturbance. It was strong within them.

"Whitedragon!" Obi-wan shouted, and they both ran to the main front gate.

--------------------

The ten or so Maul clones walked up slowly towards Whitedragon. He ignited his saber and charged at the first to his left. He threw the shots below and above, and spun round to knock its head clean off, before swiping low to defeat another. he spun round and hurtled his saber through another clone's chest. He began fighting another, as he parried and dodge the attacks. However another clone had knocked him to the gound with his saber hilt, and as he was just about to strike White off guard, Darklighter lept to block it. He threw the clone back before leaping high into the air and plummeting the saber into its chest. Obi-wan now appeared and helped him to his feet.

"What are you doing here?" he joked to them.

"Just thought you might need a hand" Obi-wan replied. They both smiled and began to fight off the remaining clones. The last one standing run and swiped towards Obi-wan.

"Watch out!" Whitedragon called, and Obi-wan ducked out of the way as Darklighter ran in and stabbed the clone heavily in the back. It dropped to the ground dead.

"Do you think there will be more?" White asked.

"I don't know. I don't know anything anymore, I have no answers" Obi-wan replied. Darklighter had not spoken a word, and he stared down at the clone without an expression on his face. Whitedragon and Obi-wan continued into the Academy, and after some time, darklighter slowly followed.
 whitedragon
08-08-2002, 9:28 PM
dragon felt full peace as the maul clones piled through the door. he used his newfound strength to kill one clone after another as they went through the doors. after along time he and the other jedi were pushing them back through the doors. all the jedi had learned mauls attack pattern so far but they only killed a small fraction of the million clones. but still they would not retreat. even if it cost them their lives they would not retreat.

ok someone take over now
 Darth Talliusc
08-08-2002, 10:15 PM
excellent stories, gotta love em, you're gonna be sorry you died reb, wont be much appearances from you for a while i think (or will there be?). anywho my story will follow this post directly so stay tuned within the hour.
 Dath Maximus
08-08-2002, 10:18 PM
and rember all ye posters im leading the clones into battle, but that doesnt mean you can kill me

good night!
 Kit fisto JK
08-08-2002, 10:59 PM
dath maximus is sitting down in the middle of a camp and has a heart attack:D so one less person to wory about:D
 Darth Talliusc
08-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Planet Thedonias:

Darth Talliusc sat alone in his cell, he had been brought food a few times by an unknown jedi apprentice. the man seemed nice enough but Talliusc knew that he wasnt liked here. He had no friends here, none anywhere for that matter. Obi-wan13 had told Talliusc of Reb's couragous death. Since then various battles had been fought around the grounds but none had yet penetrated the innermost defenses of this section of the academy. Talliusc stretched out with his feelings, there were many sith here, and jedi as well. The dark side was hard to see, but Talliusc had learned its tricks and not many sithlords could hide from him. Least of all these Darth Maul clones, they were fighters not spies. Talliusc nodded off to sleep but wasnt down long before he felt it, a gigantic tremor in the force. Dath Maximus was nearby, Talliusc knew that the jedi would be hardpressed to defeat such a warrior, and he wasnt alone. Talliusc reached instinctively for his lightsaber, but it wasnt there. "Blast" was all he could mutter, he wouldnt be able to be of any help whatsoever. but who did he want to help? these jedi were certainly not his friends, but were they his enemies? Dath Maximus had never been close to Talliusc but he didnt want to get caught in a saberbattle with the man either.
Talliusc paced his cell, he didnt know what to do! since he left his masters care he hadnt known what was right anymore. He longed for the drug of his masters orders, yet was repelled by the very thought at the same time.
it was less then fifteen minutes later that Obi-wan13 strode into the cellblock. "Talliusc, your brethren have stormed our compound, Rebs destruction of the fleshrender apparently didnt get them all."
"why are you telling me this?" asked Talliusc.
"because, We need as much help as we can get"
What? Talliuscs mind reeled, was this jedi actually asking HIS aid? this was most shocking indeed.
"i can tell that you didnt expect that" said obi-wan.
"you would trust me amidst my once allies?" asked Talliusc, still very shocked.
"i do not trust you if thats what you are asking, but Reb did, and that counts for something."
Talliusc didnt respond to that, how could he? he didnt even know what he wanted to do with himself now. the jedi needed as much help as they could get, but did Talliusc need to help them?
"what will become of me after the battle?" asked Talliusc.
"you assume we will win? if we do we will allow you to choose, provided you dont make your choice before the battle has ended"
"i will fight alongside you" said Talliusc, even as he spoke the words he felt a part of him die, and a new part being born. It was almost as if with those single words Talliuscs life had changed. "and when the smoke clears i will accept judgement from your academy, you have my word"
Ob-wan13 said nothing, but after a short moment he handed Talliusc his S shaped dualbladed saber. "interesting design, i should think it may be of use against these Maul clones"

10 minutes later, on the outskirts of the fortress:

"Here i must leave you, im afraid that i can conceal myself far better then you jedi can in the eyes of my old compatriots" said Talliusc, and it was true. very few sith could detect Talliusc when he didnt mean to be found. the jedi on the other hand were far less capable of hiding from some of his brethren. Sithlords like Dath Maximus had trained so intently on hunting jedi that they had an extra sense for the lgihtside of the force.
"very well, our faith goes with you" said Obi-wan13. "and Talliusc, may the force be with you"
After Talliusc left Whitedragon let loose his reasons for not letting the sithlord escape them. "he cannot be trusted, this is another of Divine Spirits dark plots i tell you"
"if it is then we shall know of it soon enough, i have made my decision now and you will respect it my old friend"
"very well, but i will keep watch on him when he returns"

Talliusc was glad to be free of the jedi, he knew that many of them would never like him. and that suited Talliusc just fine. Creeping along a garden range Talliusc spotted two maul clones heading his direction. they were probably just a reconnaissance group sent forth to check the academy for weaknesses, this was Dath Maximus' style. Dath was a great battle commander and would make very few mistakes if any, but Talliusc had worked with the man before and knew a few ways to exploit his old allies stratagems. Talliusc followed the clones for a short distance when a twig broke underneath his feet, "damn it all to hell" he thought furiously and tried to cover himself but the clones were faster and ignited their sabers before Talliusc could conceal himself. "always the hard way" thought Talliusc to himself as he too ignited his twin saber. The clones circled around Talliusc left and right,one would step forward and monitor Talliusc response and retreat again, they were trying to discern the best mode of attack to employ. Talliusc would not play their game. Bellowing a warchallenge Talliusc charged one of the maul clones and was rewarded with surprise in the dark siths eyes. Striking as often backwards as forwards Talliusc whirled like a tornado between the two warriors. spinning deftly and making every strike count Talliusc slowly moved the battle against one of the rockwalls of the academy. Leaping high over his adversary Talliusc springboarded off the wall and came down cutting in an overhead flip. he was perfectly upside down above the second maul when he cut off the clones head. coming down in a perfect defense stance Talliusc dared the other clone to attack. The second clone was more wary of Talliusc and measured his strikes precisely but slipped up when cutting for Talliuscs left shoulder, he had swung too far and Talliusc had dodged inside the swing. Bringing the other end of his saber up he ridded the second clone of his left arm and continued the flowing motion up and cut off the top of the siths head. breathing deeply Talliusc raadioed into the jedi monitoring station "two more in sector beta 7. they're down now and im continuing my patrol along the garden side wall"
 Yom
08-08-2002, 11:52 PM
As both camus and yom ride in to the hanger bay they notice that red lights are flashing and none of the ships have left except the ones that have gone to give air support. then Camus make a coment "well i see that Obi has desided to stay and fight."

"we need to find him and the others" he says as he looks at the door the gose to the acdemy "wait a giffy" then the dors blast open and 2 dozen Clone Trooper rush in shooting at camus and yom.

both men run for cover and get ready for the fire fight. Yom dashes behind some crates and Camus gets behind some stacked barrels. Yom Grabs 2 thremals and sets then for 5 sec. and throws them at the fule canister at the other end of the hanger the canisters erupt into flame engulfing the 9 trooper hideing behind them.

Then camus reaches for his reapeter and shoots off a storm of bolts at the remander of troopers. and them Yom dose the same finaly the troopers all are killed off. by this time Yom is out of ammo and is now working with his 2 blasters.

"ok lets find obi and get a game plan on how to take care of the local sith problem" Yom blurts out

Then both men run out the door leading in to the hallway and then they run in to a lil problem. Sith...2 of them. Camus light up his sabers and fights them as Yom runs off to find the other and gets in to a lil truble with a dozen or so Troopers patroling the halls looking for people to take prisoner. as yom hides in the sadows in a doorway he grabs for a thermal as they and then sets it for 5 sec. and then drops and runs down the hall to evoid the blast. as he continus to run he finds out that he was lukey to get all the troopers back there. then he turns in to the cortyard to see darklighter, White Dragon, and Obi Wan 13 fighting 9 Mual Clones but one is not fighting he is gust standing there wathing every move White makes Studing him then Yom slowly sneeks up with blaster and knife in hand. as he moves ever so slowly the Clone breaks his concertrtion and turns around to see Yom ther inchs away. Befor the clone could do any thing Yom shots the clone in the chest and then in the head. then he puts his knife away and puls his blaster back out.

then camus runs up to join in the fight. but all yom can do is stand there and watch and wait.

ok there can some one eals write now plez
 Kit fisto JK
08-09-2002, 12:11 AM
um ya just a simple question where the **** am I :mad:
 Yom
08-09-2002, 10:30 AM
*cough*bump*cough* man sorry i think i am cathing a could or somthing *cough*bump*cough*
 stormtroop
08-09-2002, 11:04 AM
when i finally get my net connection ill be posting my storys
 whitedragon
08-09-2002, 11:32 AM
great storys guys and welcome to our side Talliusc though i still will keep an eye on you :rolleyes:
 Camus
08-09-2002, 11:43 AM

:S Um... Im lost... :S
 Yom
08-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Camus

:S Um... Im lost... :S

how can u be i wrote a story and at the end i think ma obs u darkilghter and White are all together and plus i thought u were with your fam this weekend
 whitedragon
08-09-2002, 11:51 AM
ill post next so just hang on
 Camus
08-09-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Yom

how can u be i wrote a story and at the end i think ma obs u darkilghter and White are all together and plus i thought u were with your fam this weekend

Im talking about everyone else though... :S Im lost in the reast of it... :S
 whitedragon
08-09-2002, 12:09 PM
as dragon fought the maul clones he felt a presence in the acadamy. he knew this presence well. "shadow angel" dragon said silently then he yelled it "SHADOW ANGEL". he heard a laugh behind him and he turned around. there was the reason his family was dead, the reason he became a jedi, the reason he joined the acadamy and the reason he was in this war. dragon felt some of the positive energy leak out of him as he saw this mans face. shadow angel of corce had a reason to fight dragon too. dragon killed his father and dragon knew what it was like to louse a father, that was the only reason why dragon dident hate this man. dragon went into a fighting stance. he felt that shadow angel had grown stronger just like dragon had grown stronger. they stood faceing eachother, they were the exact oppisite but they still had one thing in common, they both had no family. with that thought in mind they both charged at eachother.
 Yom
08-09-2002, 12:13 PM
ok this s a bref overveiw for the lost ones out there *looks at camus*

Dath just lead 600 Mauls in to the academy >Darklighter and Obi are fighing clones with help by White and Camus and Yom is wathing close by with lil helf to offer Tyrion is off some were fighting and the others well Reb is dead and the other Sith masters have gotten to safty away for the SSD but could be on the planet Who knows for sure and we this is not going to be an easy fight
 Camus
08-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Yom
ok this s a bref overveiw for the lost ones out there *looks at camus*

Dath just lead 600 Mauls in to the academy >Darklighter and Obi are fighing clones with help by White and Camus and Yom is wathing close by with lil helf to offer Tyrion is off some were fighting and the others well Reb is dead and the other Sith masters have gotten to safty away for the SSD but could be on the planet Who knows for sure and we this is not going to be an easy fight

Thank you... :D
 Kit fisto JK
08-09-2002, 2:45 PM
um ya where the hell am I at this point:confused:
 Camus
08-09-2002, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Kit fisto JK
um ya where the hell am I at this point:confused:

I dont know... Your somewhere in the academy doing your own thing...
 Kit fisto JK
08-09-2002, 3:36 PM
um well okaly dokaly as long as im not dead:D
 Camus
08-09-2002, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Kit fisto JK
um well okaly dokaly as long as im not dead:D

Your not dead untell I say your dead... ~kit falls over dead~ Um okay... nvm... j/k :D No I dont think your character would die so easily... I think hes in a corner wetting his self in the academy though... j/k... :D Hes in the academy doing what ever you want...
 Kit fisto JK
08-09-2002, 4:06 PM
kit decides that all these clones are to easy so he starts killing thim with his mop:D
 Darth Talliusc
08-09-2002, 4:39 PM
if any of the lightjedi wanna include me in there stories then im somewhere around the academy hunting darth maul clones.

Slayne im very curious as to the next part of your saga, please post it soon.
 whitedragon
08-09-2002, 5:08 PM
well im fighting my nemisis so dont include me in the story unless you describing the fight scene.:D
 Dath Maximus
08-09-2002, 8:12 PM
anyone can use my character as long as i dont die or kill anyone, and make it good.

Ill post later on after some more posts are made
 Darth Slayne
08-10-2002, 9:56 AM
I will be writing another section presently. I will post it next time I'm online. I tend to write them while offline, so bear with me for a while fellas. :)
 obi
08-10-2002, 10:40 AM
I've already said that I will not be writing anymore in the academy wars.

I will be the "George Lucas" of the academy wars. He wrote his stuff for star wars, and sat back to let other writers write the EU. Well, that's what I'm doing. :)
 Darth Slayne
08-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Its a shame to hear (read) that, Obi Wan13. :( I just hope nobody nuffs your charater up too badly. I'll do my best not to. ;)
 Camus
08-10-2002, 10:54 AM
So your going to let everyone else take hold of this???
 obi
08-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Camus
So your going to let everyone else take hold of this???

Thats about the just of it.

I may have more surprises later though.......

:D
 Darth Slayne
08-11-2002, 9:52 AM
This ones a little longer than usual, so I'd like to take the time to say sorry to those of you who might not like to read long posts.

The soft light that illuminated the small prison cell seemed almost to flee from the dark presence that occupied the otherwise empty chamber. It was as though the purifying touch of light had shunned the deeply malevolent creature that sat upon the makeshift bench, his wrists firmly secured with a pair of binders. Yet it was merely a trick of the eye, an illusion that played only on the minds of those steeped in superstition.
It had been a full standard day since Darth Slayne had been imprisoned deep within the Jedi academy. His sensitivity to the force told him that even now Thedonias’ sun had well and truly sunk beneath the desert horizon. But without his wrist computer he could not be certain as to the precise time index. Not that such trivial things mattered to him as he absentmindedly stared at the dull metal walls of his cell.

Earlier that day, he had received a visit from the leader of the academy, Obi Wan13. The man had tried at length to question him as to the strengths and weaknesses of the Sith academy. Had tried to glean some knowledge as to what the Emperor was planning. But Slayne had remained steadfastly tight lipped, and had kept his thoughts on such matters well shrouded, even though he was not privy to the Emperor’s most secret plans. Yet this Obi Wan was a shrewd man, and had changed his line of questioning to a topic that Slayne could not possibly have predicted.

“Tell me, Apprentice Slayne.” Obi wan had asked quite suddenly. “Who was this woman called Niah?”

Slayne had instantly formed a barrier around these memories, but not quick enough to have blocked Obi Wan’s probing mind. The look that crossed the Jedi’s features was unmistakable. He was looking at a man who was irrevocably lost. So deeply torn with hate, so twisted by bitterness and sorrow that he was beyond any hope of salvation. He was looking at a man who had been so tainted with the dark side of the Force, that his red-yellow eyes had long ago lost their natural colour. Yet Obi Wan could not bring himself to believe anyone could be so devoid of hope. He had attempted to reason with Slayne. To at least put some small seed of hope within his heart, but he had failed. All he had received was an almost crippling wave of fury that held a terrible promise of death. Slayne had felt the pity in the man, and something else. Obi Wan had been shocked at how much blood he could sense on the hands of a man that could not be much older than twenty.

An explosion somewhere inside the academy forced Darth Slayne to return to the present. Curious, he closed his eyes and used his ability with the force to seek out the source of the sound. What he found brought a malicious smile to his lips. Quite a number of the Emperor’s Maul clones had survived the destruction of the FleshRender and were even now attacking the academy. He could not have hoped for a better chance to make good his escape. Slayne changed the focus of his will and soon the binders around his wrists fell clattering to the floor. Again he refocused his mind, only this time it was on an object far more complicated than a simple pair of binders. Not many Jedi attempted what he was concentrating on now. Perhaps it was because he had a deeper insight into some aspects of the force, or it may have been that most Jedi never really considered it something that they could do. But Slayne was of the old school of Jedi teachings, and he knew it could be done. He had done this countless times before. Through the force, his mind travelled along the edge of the energy barrier that prevented him from leaving his cell. He searched and probed until he found what he was looking for; the deactivation mechanism. Another Jedi would have just simply ripped the wall apart to destroy it, and would have promptly set of the alarm. Not Slayne, he was a little more cautious than that. With a quick jolt of the force, he succeeded in tricking the device into thinking an authorised person had entered the correct code. Slayne opened his eyes once more and stepped quietly out of his cell.

So far the coast was clear. He could sense no guards in the hallways, but he didn’t need the force to tell him that there would be at least four men on duty at the detention block’s check point. He would take care of them easily enough, what concerned him right now was finding Lord Talliusc. Briefly he scoured the area with his Sith abilities but found nothing. With a frown, Slayne probed deeper. Still nothing. Then he recalled the strange feelings that emanated from the Sith Master earlier that morning and his frown turned into a sneer.

“He wouldn’t dare!” Slayne hissed quietly to himself. They were the same feelings he had gotten from Darth Malice on the day he met him, nearly a year ago. They were the feelings of a man on the verge of treachery. The Emperor would not be pleased to find that yet another of his servants had betrayed him. And one so highly placed in the order at that!

Fury raged through him as he approached the checkpoint. For just a second the guards looked at him in shock, transfixed by the look of murder in the Sith Lord’s eyes. But that moment had cost them dearly. Slayne mustered every ounce of his dark power and threw the stunned men clean across the room before they could even reach for their blasters. One of the unfortunate men hit the metal wall headfirst and there was a sickening crunch of bone as his neck was instantly shattered, while another was knocked unconscious. The two remaining men struggled to regain their footing and managed to draw their weapons, but Slayne once again used his art to pull the blasters out of their hands. The furious Sith caught one in each hand, aimed and fired at both of the guards before they even knew what hit them. One more shot and the unconscious guard joined his companions in death.
Galled at having to resort to such clumsy weaponry, Slayne threw the blasters to the floor in disgust, and strode toward the control panel. Flicking a few switches, it didn’t take him long to find what he was looking for. His equipment was held in a storage locker within this very room. On an impulse, he decided to check the data banks list of recent prisoners. What he found confirmed his suspicions. Darth Talliusc had been released from prison on the condition that he help with the academies defence. No, the Emperor would not be pleased. Thoughts of killing this new traitor raged through his mind as he walked over to the locker and retrieved his gear. He had only just put his wrist computer back on when a door behind him opened with a slight hiss. Darth Slayne turned slowly to face the person that had just entered the room.

It was the young padawan who had been assigned the task of serving meals to the prisoners. There was a momentary look of surprise on the young mans face, but his Jedi training had at least taught him to react quickly. Dropping the trays of food, the boy reached for his lightsaber and activated the blue energy blade.

“Hold it right where you are!” The young man shouted even as he stepped toward the control panel. Slayne could sense that he was attempting to reach the alarm.
“Run along now little man,” Slayne sneered while making a show of reaching for his own sabers, “before you wind up getting hurt!”
But the boy was fiercely loyal to his academy and made a desperate lunge for the alarm. Slayne sprang into action, and the boy only managed to block one blade before the second one sliced him in two.
“Foolish boy.” The Sith Lord commented dryly as he deactivated his sabers.
Darth Slayne moved toward the door the boy had come through, and just before he did so, a familiar voice sounded from the still active monitoring system.
“Two more in sector beta seven. They’re down now and I’m continuing my patrol along the garden side wall.”
Again the Sith Lord smiled…

--------

Talliusc moved silently through the deceptively peaceful looking garden. Something in him had changed but he could not determine if it was for the best. He was unsure of the wisdom of his current actions. Yet carry out his promise to Obi Wan he did. He was a man of honour, even if most of the Jedi would never know that or care. The Jedi would win this particular battle, Malice had seen to that, and it was for his memory that he fought alongside his former enemies. But what would become of him when the battle was over? Surely the Jedi would not trust him enough to allow him to join their ranks, they would be foolish to let something like that happen. And even if he was spared, what would become of Darth Slayne?

Lord Talliusc had sensed the apprentices capture. But did it really matter to him what became of the man? After all, it was this same apprentice that had confirmed the location of the Jedi academy. And it was Slayne who had captured Lord Malice, and ultimately this had lead to the half Zabrak’s death. Would the only man he considered to be a friend still be alive had it not been for this cunning apprentice? Talliusc found himself wishing that he had acted sooner. But it was all too late now.

Suddenly he felt a disturbance in the force, a dark one at that. Someone was trying to locate him, he could feel it. Talliusc strengthened his veil of concealment. He would have none of that. Before he could determine who it was, Talliusc was interrupted as another Maul clone headed straight for him, and he ignited his double saber. Again Darth Talliusc would fight…

--------

Darth Slayne used the shadows to his advantage, as he watched the various skirmishes unfold before him. He had made it to the hangar so far without being detected. Here and there, the Jedi battled with Maul clones and clone troopers alike, but this was of no moment to Slayne. He too could sense that the battle would not fair too well for the Sith this time round. But he was determined not to leave this place empty handed. He made sure that he was well shrouded with the concealing effects of the dark side, as he stealthily made his way toward a control panel behind a stack of shipping crates. Once there, he jacked his wrist computer into the security access socket, and jabbed at a few buttons on the small unit. A few seconds later he was content to see that the handy little device had sliced through the security codes and was even now downloading the academies schematics and defensive layout. If he failed in his attempt to bring Darth Talliusc back to the Emperor, he would at least have this invaluable data to fall back on.

A small series of beeps from the wrist computer told him that the job was done, and he looked out from behind the crates to see if he could find a means of escape. Not too far away he spotted Lord Talliusc’s personal fighter craft. That at least told him that he was still within the academy complex. As an afterthought, Slayne decided to access his newly acquired data, seeking the area known as sector beta seven. Once memorised he again scanned the hangar, and was pleased to find his speeder bike within a short distance. Even from his current location, he could see that the bike was slightly damaged. Someone had detonated some nearby fuel tanks recently, and he could only assume that that was the explosion he had heard a short time ago. Never the less, the bike still looked serviceable.

Lord Slayne leapt from his concealment and ran for his speeder. He was forced to ignite one of his sabers as a sudden volley of blaster bolts lanced out toward him. Impossibly fast, the Sith Lord deflected the rapid shots that came from a man encased in what appeared to be mandalorian battle armour. But Slayne had no time to deal with this new threat, and he kicked his speeder to life the moment he mounted it. One blaster bolt hit the rear of the vehicle, causing it veer alarmingly as it took off with tremendous speed. Slayne was quick to correct the bikes attitude as he speed toward the hangar exit.
Yom let out a colourful oath as he watched his target disappear from view…

--------

The Maul clone slumped to the ground with an agonized groan as Talliusc pulled his oddly shaped double saber from the unfortunate creatures ribcage. Yet another one down. But as he reached toward his comlink he heard the unmistakable whine of a Sith speeder approaching fast. He spun just in time to see the vehicle come to an abrupt halt a few metres away. Even more alarming was the black robed figure that leapt from it and rolled across the ground as if to bowl him over.

Talliusc leapt back just as the dark figure smoothly rolled onto his feet. He didn’t even have time to take a breath before he was forced to deflect a furious barrage of angry red saber strikes. Then both he and his assailant took at step away from each other and paused to study one another. Darth Slayne! He might have known.

“You take an awful risk attacking a Sith Master.” Talliusc fumed. “An apprentice would be wise to know his place.”
“And a Master would be wise not to cross the Emperor.” Slayne replied. He had come to like Talliusc, and he did not want to have to harm him.

The two Sith Lords circled each other, watching and waiting for the slightest provocation. Master against an Apprentice. Then Talliusc whirled his saber overhead and the battle resumed. Saber energy arced in vicious circles, almost impossible for the eye to follow. Slayne dodged, spun, parried and counterattacked, his angry red sabers clashing with the oddly angled blades of his opponent. Talliusc was good, Slayne was forced to admit that. Any other Jedi would have sliced himself to pieces, but the Sith Master had perfected the art of wielding such a dangerous weapon. Once again the pair stepped back to regard on another.
“Master Kaan has trained you well.” Talliusc commented. But he knew that Slayne’s technique was not gained from his master. His attack routine was entirely unique. He had never seen this style before. This apprentice was good; perhaps a little too good. He would be wise to be cautious.

“I have no wish to destroy you Master Talliusc.” Slayne replied calmly. “But I will if I must. You can’t seriously believe these pathetic weaklings will take you in, do you?”
Again the battle resumed. And this time it was Slayne who took the offensive. Talliusc swung his saber to deflect attack after rapid attack. He could not believe how fast this apprentice was, and he soon began to realise that maybe Slayne had already mastered much more than he had previously been letting on. But he did not let that daunt him, instead, it intrigued him. The four saber blades struck repetitively with a violent crack, producing an almost constant hum, as blinding flash after blinding flash cast a strobe-like lighting effect on the surrounding vegetation. Then there was a pause in the furious melee as all four blades locked together, and the two combatants struggled mightily to overpower the other.

Talliusc proved the stronger of the two, as he forced Slayne to stumble backwards. The Sith Master was quick to take advantage of the moment and swung his saber at his opponent. Slayne was incredibly fast even while he was off balance, but he could not stop Talliusc’s blade before it bit deeply into his left leg.
Darth Slayne fell to the soft ground with an anguished cry of pain. He tried instantly to regain his footing, but the treacherous limb simply buckled beneath him, placing him roughly on his backside. Talliusc held his saber at the ready, not quite trusting this turn of events. Slayne had already proven how cunning he could be, and he would be a fool to believe that the apprentice was out of the match this easily.

“I know you seek only to bring me back to the Emperor, Slayne.” Talliusc stated, while catching his breath. “But I made a promise to the leader of this academy. I don’t expect you to understand. But I will return to my master, that much I promise. And I will accept the repercussions of my actions.”
“You have no place here.” Slayne said between gritted teeth. “You belong with us. You are Sith! Don’t give in to the lies of these weak fools, it will only bring you to ruin.”
“You mean the kind of ruin you brought down on Lord Malice?” Talliusc seethed. The loss of his friend was still fresh in his heart.
“No. I tried to warn him of his error almost a year ago, much as I now warn you. But he would not harden his heart against such weak desires, and he paid for it with his worthless life! Do not make the same mistake, master Talliusc!” Yes, Slayne had grown in the past year to like Talliusc, and he feared that this worthy ally would go to waste. He had to try to save him before it was too late.
“You must go Slayne.” Talliusc ordered. He did not feel the desire to kill the wounded Sith Lord before him. “Tell our master that I will return when I have finished here.”
With out waiting for a response, Talliusc turned and left the academy garden…

--------

Darth Slayne brought his speeder bike to a halt within the cargo bay of the Stygian Wraith. As the bay door closed, he limped toward the ****pit and ran a few pre-flight checks. Repairs had come along nicely and the hyperdrive was back on line. But any major repairs would have to wait until he got back to the Sith academy. Angrily he looked out at the dark desert horizon. He had failed to convince Talliusc to return with him. Slayne did not like to fail. But at least he had the Jedi strongholds detailed schematics safely uploaded into his ships computer system. He had a feeling that the Emperor would be pleased to gain such vital information.

Before long the ghostly outline of the Stygian Wraith screamed through the cold of space on a mission of utmost importance. Its scrambling system was working over time as if afraid to divulge the secret she held within. And then suddenly she picked up an incredible amount of speed an instant before she made the jump into hyperspace…
 Darth Talliusc
08-12-2002, 1:48 AM
WOW, darth slayne that story was simply amazing, had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.... until i got too into reading it and fell of...

well i guess im just saying that im back from my trip, and eager to write another installment in this beautiful war (probably couldve phrased that better). i wish obi-wan13 would write again but i suppose we'll just have to kill him off now (j/k obi). look for my next story tomorrow.
 Kit fisto JK
08-12-2002, 2:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth Slayne
This ones a little longer than usual, so I'd like to take the time to say sorry to those of you who might not like to read long posts.

The soft light that illuminated the small prison cell seemed almost to flee from the dark presence that occupied the otherwise empty chamber. It was as though the purifying touch of light had shunned the deeply malevolent creature that sat upon the makeshift bench, his wrists firmly secured with a pair of binders. Yet it was merely a trick of the eye, an illusion that played only on the minds of those steeped in superstition.
It had been a full standard day since Darth Slayne had been imprisoned deep within the Jedi academy. His sensitivity to the force told him that even now Thedonias’ sun had well and truly sunk beneath the desert horizon. But without his wrist computer he could not be certain as to the precise time index. Not that such trivial things mattered to him as he absentmindedly stared at the dull metal walls of his cell.

Earlier that day, he had received a visit from the leader of the academy, Obi Wan13. The man had tried at length to question him as to the strengths and weaknesses of the Sith academy. Had tried to glean some knowledge as to what the Emperor was planning. But Slayne had remained steadfastly tight lipped, and had kept his thoughts on such matters well shrouded, even though he was not privy to the Emperor’s most secret plans. Yet this Obi Wan was a shrewd man, and had changed his line of questioning to a topic that Slayne could not possibly have predicted.

“Tell me, Apprentice Slayne.” Obi wan had asked quite suddenly. “Who was this woman called Niah?”

Slayne had instantly formed a barrier around these memories, but not quick enough to have blocked Obi Wan’s probing mind. The look that crossed the Jedi’s features was unmistakable. He was looking at a man who was irrevocably lost. So deeply torn with hate, so twisted by bitterness and sorrow that he was beyond any hope of salvation. He was looking at a man who had been so tainted with the dark side of the Force, that his red-yellow eyes had long ago lost their natural colour. Yet Obi Wan could not bring himself to believe anyone could be so devoid of hope. He had attempted to reason with Slayne. To at least put some small seed of hope within his heart, but he had failed. All he had received was an almost crippling wave of fury that held a terrible promise of death. Slayne had felt the pity in the man, and something else. Obi Wan had been shocked at how much blood he could sense on the hands of a man that could not be much older than twenty.

An explosion somewhere inside the academy forced Darth Slayne to return to the present. Curious, he closed his eyes and used his ability with the force to seek out the source of the sound. What he found brought a malicious smile to his lips. Quite a number of the Emperor’s Maul clones had survived the destruction of the FleshRender and were even now attacking the academy. He could not have hoped for a better chance to make good his escape. Slayne changed the focus of his will and soon the binders around his wrists fell clattering to the floor. Again he refocused his mind, only this time it was on an object far more complicated than a simple pair of binders. Not many Jedi attempted what he was concentrating on now. Perhaps it was because he had a deeper insight into some aspects of the force, or it may have been that most Jedi never really considered it something that they could do. But Slayne was of the old school of Jedi teachings, and he knew it could be done. He had done this countless times before. Through the force, his mind travelled along the edge of the energy barrier that prevented him from leaving his cell. He searched and probed until he found what he was looking for; the deactivation mechanism. Another Jedi would have just simply ripped the wall apart to destroy it, and would have promptly set of the alarm. Not Slayne, he was a little more cautious than that. With a quick jolt of the force, he succeeded in tricking the device into thinking an authorised person had entered the correct code. Slayne opened his eyes once more and stepped quietly out of his cell.

So far the coast was clear. He could sense no guards in the hallways, but he didn’t need the force to tell him that there would be at least four men on duty at the detention block’s check point. He would take care of them easily enough, what concerned him right now was finding Lord Talliusc. Briefly he scoured the area with his Sith abilities but found nothing. With a frown, Slayne probed deeper. Still nothing. Then he recalled the strange feelings that emanated from the Sith Master earlier that morning and his frown turned into a sneer.

“He wouldn’t dare!” Slayne hissed quietly to himself. They were the same feelings he had gotten from Darth Malice on the day he met him, nearly a year ago. They were the feelings of a man on the verge of treachery. The Emperor would not be pleased to find that yet another of his servants had betrayed him. And one so highly placed in the order at that!

Fury raged through him as he approached the checkpoint. For just a second the guards looked at him in shock, transfixed by the look of murder in the Sith Lord’s eyes. But that moment had cost them dearly. Slayne mustered every ounce of his dark power and threw the stunned men clean across the room before they could even reach for their blasters. One of the unfortunate men hit the metal wall headfirst and there was a sickening crunch of bone as his neck was instantly shattered, while another was knocked unconscious. The two remaining men struggled to regain their footing and managed to draw their weapons, but Slayne once again used his art to pull the blasters out of their hands. The furious Sith caught one in each hand, aimed and fired at both of the guards before they even knew what hit them. One more shot and the unconscious guard joined his companions in death.
Galled at having to resort to such clumsy weaponry, Slayne threw the blasters to the floor in disgust, and strode toward the control panel. Flicking a few switches, it didn’t take him long to find what he was looking for. His equipment was held in a storage locker within this very room. On an impulse, he decided to check the data banks list of recent prisoners. What he found confirmed his suspicions. Darth Talliusc had been released from prison on the condition that he help with the academies defence. No, the Emperor would not be pleased. Thoughts of killing this new traitor raged through his mind as he walked over to the locker and retrieved his gear. He had only just put his wrist computer back on when a door behind him opened with a slight hiss. Darth Slayne turned slowly to face the person that had just entered the room.

It was the young padawan who had been assigned the task of serving meals to the prisoners. There was a momentary look of surprise on the young mans face, but his Jedi training had at least taught him to react quickly. Dropping the trays of food, the boy reached for his lightsaber and activated the blue energy blade.

“Hold it right where you are!” The young man shouted even as he stepped toward the control panel. Slayne could sense that he was attempting to reach the alarm.
“Run along now little man,” Slayne sneered while making a show of reaching for his own sabers, “before you wind up getting hurt!”
But the boy was fiercely loyal to his academy and made a desperate lunge for the alarm. Slayne sprang into action, and the boy only managed to block one blade before the second one sliced him in two.
“Foolish boy.” The Sith Lord commented dryly as he deactivated his sabers.
Darth Slayne moved toward the door the boy had come through, and just before he did so, a familiar voice sounded from the still active monitoring system.
“Two more in sector beta seven. They’re down now and I’m continuing my patrol along the garden side wall.”
Again the Sith Lord smiled…

--------

Talliusc moved silently through the deceptively peaceful looking garden. Something in him had changed but he could not determine if it was for the best. He was unsure of the wisdom of his current actions. Yet carry out his promise to Obi Wan he did. He was a man of honour, even if most of the Jedi would never know that or care. The Jedi would win this particular battle, Malice had seen to that, and it was for his memory that he fought alongside his former enemies. But what would become of him when the battle was over? Surely the Jedi would not trust him enough to allow him to join their ranks, they would be foolish to let something like that happen. And even if he was spared, what would become of Darth Slayne?

Lord Talliusc had sensed the apprentices capture. But did it really matter to him what became of the man? After all, it was this same apprentice that had confirmed the location of the Jedi academy. And it was Slayne who had captured Lord Malice, and ultimately this had lead to the half Zabrak’s death. Would the only man he considered to be a friend still be alive had it not been for this cunning apprentice? Talliusc found himself wishing that he had acted sooner. But it was all too late now.

Suddenly he felt a disturbance in the force, a dark one at that. Someone was trying to locate him, he could feel it. Talliusc strengthened his veil of concealment. He would have none of that. Before he could determine who it was, Talliusc was interrupted as another Maul clone headed straight for him, and he ignited his double saber. Again Darth Talliusc would fight…

--------

Darth Slayne used the shadows to his advantage, as he watched the various skirmishes unfold before him. He had made it to the hangar so far without being detected. Here and there, the Jedi battled with Maul clones and clone troopers alike, but this was of no moment to Slayne. He too could sense that the battle would not fair too well for the Sith this time round. But he was determined not to leave this place empty handed. He made sure that he was well shrouded with the concealing effects of the dark side, as he stealthily made his way toward a control panel behind a stack of shipping crates. Once there, he jacked his wrist computer into the security access socket, and jabbed at a few buttons on the small unit. A few seconds later he was content to see that the handy little device had sliced through the security codes and was even now downloading the academies schematics and defensive layout. If he failed in his attempt to bring Darth Talliusc back to the Emperor, he would at least have this invaluable data to fall back on.

A small series of beeps from the wrist computer told him that the job was done, and he looked out from behind the crates to see if he could find a means of escape. Not too far away he spotted Lord Talliusc’s personal fighter craft. That at least told him that he was still within the academy complex. As an afterthought, Slayne decided to access his newly acquired data, seeking the area known as sector beta seven. Once memorised he again scanned the hangar, and was pleased to find his speeder bike within a short distance. Even from his current location, he could see that the bike was slightly damaged. Someone had detonated some nearby fuel tanks recently, and he could only assume that that was the explosion he had heard a short time ago. Never the less, the bike still looked serviceable.

Lord Slayne leapt from his concealment and ran for his speeder. He was forced to ignite one of his sabers as a sudden volley of blaster bolts lanced out toward him. Impossibly fast, the Sith Lord deflected the rapid shots that came from a man encased in what appeared to be mandalorian battle armour. But Slayne had no time to deal with this new threat, and he kicked his speeder to life the moment he mounted it. One blaster bolt hit the rear of the vehicle, causing it veer alarmingly as it took off with tremendous speed. Slayne was quick to correct the bikes attitude as he speed toward the hangar exit.
Yom let out a colourful oath as he watched his target disappear from view…

--------

The Maul clone slumped to the ground with an agonized groan as Talliusc pulled his oddly shaped double saber from the unfortunate creatures ribcage. Yet another one down. But as he reached toward his comlink he heard the unmistakable whine of a Sith speeder approaching fast. He spun just in time to see the vehicle come to an abrupt halt a few metres away. Even more alarming was the black robed figure that leapt from it and rolled across the ground as if to bowl him over.

Talliusc leapt back just as the dark figure smoothly rolled onto his feet. He didn’t even have time to take a breath before he was forced to deflect a furious barrage of angry red saber strikes. Then both he and his assailant took at step away from each other and paused to study one another. Darth Slayne! He might have known.

“You take an awful risk attacking a Sith Master.” Talliusc fumed. “An apprentice would be wise to know his place.”
“And a Master would be wise not to cross the Emperor.” Slayne replied. He had come to like Talliusc, and he did not want to have to harm him.

The two Sith Lords circled each other, watching and waiting for the slightest provocation. Master against an Apprentice. Then Talliusc whirled his saber overhead and the battle resumed. Saber energy arced in vicious circles, almost impossible for the eye to follow. Slayne dodged, spun, parried and counterattacked, his angry red sabers clashing with the oddly angled blades of his opponent. Talliusc was good, Slayne was forced to admit that. Any other Jedi would have sliced himself to pieces, but the Sith Master had perfected the art of wielding such a dangerous weapon. Once again the pair stepped back to regard on another.
“Master Kaan has trained you well.” Talliusc commented. But he knew that Slayne’s technique was not gained from his master. His attack routine was entirely unique. He had never seen this style before. This apprentice was good; perhaps a little too good. He would be wise to be cautious.

“I have no wish to destroy you Master Talliusc.” Slayne replied calmly. “But I will if I must. You can’t seriously believe these pathetic weaklings will take you in, do you?”
Again the battle resumed. And this time it was Slayne who took the offensive. Talliusc swung his saber to deflect attack after rapid attack. He could not believe how fast this apprentice was, and he soon began to realise that maybe Slayne had already mastered much more than he had previously been letting on. But he did not let that daunt him, instead, it intrigued him. The four saber blades struck repetitively with a violent crack, producing an almost constant hum, as blinding flash after blinding flash cast a strobe-like lighting effect on the surrounding vegetation. Then there was a pause in the furious melee as all four blades locked together, and the two combatants struggled mightily to overpower the other.

Talliusc proved the stronger of the two, as he forced Slayne to stumble backwards. The Sith Master was quick to take advantage of the moment and swung his saber at his opponent. Slayne was incredibly fast even while he was off balance, but he could not stop Talliusc’s blade before it bit deeply into his left leg.
Darth Slayne fell to the soft ground with an anguished cry of pain. He tried instantly to regain his footing, but the treacherous limb simply buckled beneath him, placing him roughly on his backside. Talliusc held his saber at the ready, not quite trusting this turn of events. Slayne had already proven how cunning he could be, and he would be a fool to believe that the apprentice was out of the match this easily.

“I know you seek only to bring me back to the Emperor, Slayne.” Talliusc stated, while catching his breath. “But I made a promise to the leader of this academy. I don’t expect you to understand. But I will return to my master, that much I promise. And I will accept the repercussions of my actions.”
“You have no place here.” Slayne said between gritted teeth. “You belong with us. You are Sith! Don’t give in to the lies of these weak fools, it will only bring you to ruin.”
“You mean the kind of ruin you brought down on Lord Malice?” Talliusc seethed. The loss of his friend was still fresh in his heart.
“No. I tried to warn him of his error almost a year ago, much as I now warn you. But he would not harden his heart against such weak desires, and he paid for it with his worthless life! Do not make the same mistake, master Talliusc!” Yes, Slayne had grown in the past year to like Talliusc, and he feared that this worthy ally would go to waste. He had to try to save him before it was too late.
“You must go Slayne.” Talliusc ordered. He did not feel the desire to kill the wounded Sith Lord before him. “Tell our master that I will return when I have finished here.”
With out waiting for a response, Talliusc turned and left the academy garden…

--------

Darth Slayne brought his speeder bike to a halt within the cargo bay of the Stygian Wraith. As the bay door closed, he limped toward the ****pit and ran a few pre-flight checks. Repairs had come along nicely and the hyperdrive was back on line. But any major repairs would have to wait until he got back to the Sith academy. Angrily he looked out at the dark desert horizon. He had failed to convince Talliusc to return with him. Slayne did not like to fail. But at least he had the Jedi strongholds detailed schematics safely uploaded into his ships computer system. He had a feeling that the Emperor would be pleased to gain such vital information.

Before long the ghostly outline of the Stygian Wraith screamed through the cold of space on a mission of utmost importance. Its scrambling system was working over time as if afraid to divulge the secret she held within. And then suddenly she picked up an incredible amount of speed an instant before she made the jump into hyperspace…

alls I have to say is HOLY SH!T :scare5:

IM probably not going to be reading it
 Darth Slayne
08-12-2002, 8:40 AM
Yeah. *Blush* I talk too much....trust me the original draft was a hell of a lot longer. ;)
 Darklighter
08-12-2002, 9:24 AM
Well, its not a bad thing:)You can really really well, and its cool you have a lot to write about. I have had writer's block for a while now...I need to think of something:(lol
 Darth Slayne
08-12-2002, 9:43 AM
You'll be fine Darky. :D Writers block is a hard barrier to pass. I should know! I've had a bad dose of it for the past year while trying to write a full on novel. Just cant seem to find the words. :(
 Darth Talliusc
08-12-2002, 11:19 AM
Darth Talliusc sat alone on the roof of one of the jedi academy's many stone towers. This one in particular was Talliuscs favourite. it was deceptively tall and had quite a good view of the surrounding area. Talliusc could see no maul clones but he knew they were out there, waiting. Much had happened in the past day or so, too much for Talliusc to understand completely. He had had a run in with Darth Slayne in the garden nearby, and in truth Talliusc had never seen an apprentice fight so well. Talliusc thought that he would be able to get rid of Slayne without even fighting the younger man, but the apprentice had been enraged. Amidst the fighting Slayne brought some points to Talliuscs mind that he could not deny, he never would be accepted here. Obi-wan13 had allowed him to fight the maul clones but what after? if there even WAS an after for this academy. Talliusc had been surprised to find that Slayne actually cared for Talliusc, he had thought only Reb did. Upon returning from that battle Talliusc had told noone of Slaynes escape. Slayne would not be on the planet long enough to be caught anyways. Most jedi stayed away from Talliusc, but he heard what they said of him and thought of him. Talliusc never really had expected the jedi to like him or trust him, but he had hoped that they would learn not to hate him. No, hate was too strong a word for these jedi, they restrained everything in the hopes that they would bring others happiness.

7 hours later Talliusc had decided what he must do.

While the jedi ddint feel comfortable around him, he was allowed into most areas of the academy. Talliusc marched into obi-wan13s office, soon after two guards had lightsabers drawn and pointed at Talliuscs neck. Obi-wan13 looked up from his deepset chair and ordered his guards to stand down. The office was nowhere near as luxurious as some Talliusc had seen in the empire, but suited the jedi master. Guiding Talliusc to a chair at the lounging area Obi-wan13 congratulated Talliusc on the victory over the clones. "you've done quite well Talliusc, but some here dont like you and im afraid they never will. after the fighting stops i will ask you to leave the planet. you will be allowed to go peacefully and i hope that you will" said the jedi master.
"i agree that i do not belong here, but i think it is YOU who should leave the planet first" replied Talliusc.
"perhaps you had best explain that, Thedonias is the jedi's stand."
"yes, and now i believe that all the technical readouts for this academy have reached the dark emperor. this academy like the last one, will fall."
"the jedi cannot, and will not run forever Talliusc. we will triumph or we will die, right here." and with that, the discussion was over. Talliusc had his answer.
Within an hour Talliusc had left the academy and was bound for the unknown regions of the outer galaxy. "i tried to honour you Reb, but i dont know what to do" said Talliusc to the cold lifelessness of hyperspace. Perhaps he could find answers at his destination.

expect more of that in the next day or so. once again great story slayne. hope that we can work ours together more often.
 Darth Slayne
08-13-2002, 4:16 PM
That would be cool Talliusc. :thmbup1: I didn't quite know what to do with your character. I was going to bring him back to the Academy, but then I thought I might ruin any plans you had for your character.

BTW, I'd like to see Divine write a story here soon. When he can find the time that is. It just seems a little sad that his character has only been in the background as of late.
Page: 5 of 5