Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Joruus C'baoth

Page: 5 of 5
 keo718
10-03-2002, 8:38 PM
Hey Darth, did you ever consider Darth Bane after your current project? Micah Giiett, Plo-koon's master and Ki-Adi-Mundi's predecessor in the Jedi Council is also a nice selection. I don't know all that much about the EU, but these to characters would be nice to have. I think Bane may have a cameo in EP III from what I've read....
 t3rr0r
10-03-2002, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by keo718
Hey Darth, did you ever consider Darth Bane after your current project? Micah Giiett, Plo-koon's master and Ki-Adi-Mundi's predecessor in the Jedi Council is also a nice selection. I don't know all that much about the EU, but these to characters would be nice to have. I think Bane may have a cameo in EP III from what I've read....
how the hell would they fit in an over 1000 year old sith into episode 3... i don't see it happening.
 keo718
10-03-2002, 8:51 PM
how the hell would they fit in an over 1000 year old sith into episode 3... i don't see it happening.

Well, I'll just say that it was on one of the scripts I've seen.
 Darth Vigrid
10-03-2002, 10:10 PM

That's really funny that you mentioned that keo. Bane was actually one of the first characters I was going to do, until I realized I needed more practice modeling before I tackled him. Joruus was a simpler model to make, so I started him and things have gone pretty well. I've learned alot about modeling from this project. I've been stopping by the polycount message boards recently, and the work there is amazing. Hopefully, I'll be able to produce that kind of quality one day. So, Bane is a possibility for the future, but I still haven't made a definitive decision as to what I will do next.
 keo718
10-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Micah Giiett is a more simple one. Only thing is I couldn't really find good pics for him. Just one or two from a distance.

About your current model, my only crtique is that maybe you should blend in the shading more on the abdominal section.
 Darth Vigrid
10-03-2002, 10:28 PM
About your current model, my only crtique is that maybe you should blend in the shading more on the abodminal section.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm working on for the final skin.
 Zedar
10-04-2002, 8:33 AM
Well, I'll just say that it was on one of the scripts I've seen.
I've seen the script too.
Bane is a nice idea for a model:)
 adillon
10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
darth bane would be cool ... we need more bada$$ (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/darthbane1b.jpg) characters in-game.

and you just gotta love micah giiett's hair ...

rear 1 (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/micahcortosisore.jpg)
rear 2 (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/micahfights.jpg)
front (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/micahsurrounded.jpg)

just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents on another project, DV. i'm finishing up the sounds for joruus, been busy with work though so it's taking longer than i'd like. if/when the time comes you need help on another project, you know who to turn to. *hint* *hint*

:D
 Darth Vigrid
10-05-2002, 1:42 PM
So many characters, so little time. I like doing the EU characters since they allow a certain amount of artistic license.

adillon, no rush on the sounds, and don't worry, you'll be the first one I contact to help with my next model.
 SupremePain
10-05-2002, 2:40 PM
o yeah that model is sweet man. but who is that guy? lol i have no idea who it is u are making a model of. so who is it?:D
 frendon
10-05-2002, 2:46 PM
haha is the clone of the jedi master Jorus C' Baoth it was introduced in Timothy Zahn's novels "Heir To The Empire" "Dark Force Rising" and "The Last Command" same novels where Mara Jade and Grand Admiral Thrawn were introduced.
 frendon
10-05-2002, 3:31 PM
hey Darth Vigrid i just want to say the model looks great as it is now but i would greatly appreciate it if you would also make a version of him with his hair like in these pics, i know you took the cover of the novel as a reference, but in the comic version of the last command his hair looks great, take a look the pointy hair makes him look like a real badass

http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frendon/joruus.JPG)
http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frendon/joruus2.JPG)
 keo718
10-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Darth, this guy looks kind of serious too....

Tyvokka, Wookie Jedi Master

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/tyvokka1b.jpg)

-copy and paste-

However, this model would require a great amount of detail.

Actually I was mistaken Micah Giiett was not Plo Koons master, it was this guy. Rather Plo Koon and Micah went on several missions together.
 Darth Vigrid
10-07-2002, 12:55 AM
frendon, those are some cool pics, never seen them before, Maybe I will make an update in the future after the first one is complete.

Wow, a wookie is tough enough, but a jedi wookie is unstoppable, cool character.
 keo718
10-07-2002, 5:38 PM
Yes, cool character indeed. Its also cool that he's Plo Koons master.
 frendon
10-08-2002, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vigrid
frendon, those are some cool pics, never seen them before, Maybe I will make an update in the future after the first one is complete.

OK thanks, i have the thrawn trilogy in comics and Joruus looks really cool in there, i see you are looking for more characters to model so i scanned other pics for you they are also from the last command's comic, the character's name is Mazzic is a smuggler/mercenary and looks really cool, i have a lot of reference pics if you decide to make him :)

http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frendon/mazzic.JPG)
http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frendon/mazzic2.JPG)
 frendon
10-14-2002, 8:35 AM
BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!
 frendon
10-15-2002, 10:17 PM
any updates??? :(
 Lightning
10-16-2002, 10:52 AM
looks good so far:)
 Darth Vigrid
10-16-2002, 2:50 PM
Sorry frendon, but It's right about midterm time an I'm not having much time to work on the model. After this weekend, I'll probably be able to get some more work done on it.
 frendon
10-16-2002, 3:44 PM
and what about mazzic? did u checked the pics? what do u think?
 Darth Vigrid
10-17-2002, 5:11 AM
He's an interesting character, I'll put him on the list of possibilites for my next model.
 frendon
10-17-2002, 8:52 AM
He's an interesting character, I'll put him on the list of possibilites for my next model.
ok thanks :D that's good enough for me.
 Padawan_7
11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Any progress Darth Vigrid? It's been a while since you've posted anything. C'baoth was looking good.
 Darth Vigrid
11-17-2002, 1:29 AM
Sorry for the complete lack of updates, there really hasn't been anything to say. School has been really overwhelming as of late, and I probably wont be able to put the finishing touches on the model until the Christmas break.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-25-2002, 8:28 PM
*sigh* that stinks.... what u gotta finish....
 boinga1
11-25-2002, 10:49 PM
Amazing model. Honestly, iit would seem to be very close to perfect...what DOES need to be done?
 Rebel_Spy
11-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey Darth, like to read that you are fine and kickin' I didn't see you here in the forums in a while, How is Joruus coming? Hope you find some time and do some work on him, but we are all busy as same, so don't rush and take your time.

Also, I like to thank you for all the help that you give me before. I just started my own WIP, hope you like it, its also an expanded universe character.

Laaaaaate!
 DarkLord_44
12-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Yay it is Christmas break :)
 Hellfire Jedi
12-23-2002, 12:38 PM
YAY! Lets see this done man!!!

Hellfire

p.s. Good luck!
 MasterKoon237
12-23-2002, 2:41 PM
hopefully proggress on this model is going well........So, that being said,.....Farewell and may the force be with you! lol!
 Darth Vigrid
01-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Ok, Ok so here's the current situation for anyone who's still interested. The model has been basically done for awhile with just a few glitches, but I'm willing to overlook them for now. This was the first model I've ever created and I really knew nothing about the basics of the efficient use of polys (this pretty simple model is over 3000), but I've been hanging out over at polycount.com and have been learning alot. And the glitches I've been stressing over stem from a bad use of polys. I'm willing to release this beta version as soon as I can get everything together, but I first need to contact adillon to see If he's still interested in making the sounds. Well that's pretty much everything. Sorry again about the insanely long wait.
 Classic Luke
01-16-2003, 1:12 AM
Wow, sounds great darth. I saw some shots of the model awhile back and....
Impressive....most impressive....
If your willing to send me a beta version I would gladly take it!
(even without the sounds included, :) )
bertleroy2000@yahoo.com

Thank-you much for the effort friend, and KEEP UP the Good work!
 frendon
01-16-2003, 1:47 AM
hey those are great news!!! u know i have being following this model from the beginning i'm so happy that it will finally be released!!
 adillon
01-16-2003, 9:23 AM
but I first need to contact adillon to see If he's still interested in making the sounds
you know it DV ... i'm still ready, willing, and able to do them.
 MasterKoon237
01-16-2003, 9:44 AM
so this is soon to be realeased i take it? That's awesome! But take your time.
 Darth Vigrid
01-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, that's great news adillon, just contact me or post here when you have them completed. No rush though.
 dekerd
01-17-2003, 2:58 AM
Hey, that's some good work there Darth Vigrid! Looks very true to the extended universe books. The Thrawn Trilogy was one of my favorites.

However, those MP3 clips on your site for his voice; they sound cool, but they seem a little too low. I know they are a rough cut I'm sure it's not easy creating the voice, but maybe try something a little more raspy and worn. Sort of like Anakin's voice in Return of the Jedi (mask off) but more deranged.

Well, regardless, you're still doing a great job! Can't wait to play it!
 adillon
01-17-2003, 9:17 AM
i know it's been posted a while back, but i'm such a nice guy, i'll reiterate a few things regarding joruus' voice.
although he was old, he seemed to be in pretty good physical shape, so his voice will be 'healthy' sounding (is that makes sense)
sometimes when he spoke, his voice had no emotion whatsoever, as though he were just stating a fact ... at other times he was full of rage ... his taunts/sounds will reflect both emotional states
when joruus WAS in a fit of rage, he somehow managed to project his voice in a booming, echoing manner ... the appropriate taunts/sounds will reflect this
DV, i'm thinking of cutting down on the 12 total taunts we had originally come up with ... the more i thought about it, the more i realized that some of them don't 'feel' like appropriate taunts. at the same time, i was thinking of using a couple of them for his near death and death sounds. stay tuned ...
 Darth Vigrid
01-21-2003, 2:35 AM
Well it sounds like you've got everything under control adillon. Do what you want with the sounds, I'm sure they'll do the character justice.
 adillon
01-21-2003, 8:43 AM
DV, expect some NEW sounds this weekend (or monday at the latest). i hope i can do the character justice. ;)
 Darth Vigrid
01-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Sounds good, looking foward to what you come up with.
Page: 5 of 5