Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who ordered the clone in AOTC

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 5:33 AM
:clone: :clone: :jango: :clone: :clone:
What SW character Do You think order the clone Army
 Obi-Doo
07-08-2002, 6:21 AM
The cloners got the order from one who called himself Sifa Dyas, but Obi-Wan had a feeling that the order came after Sifas death.
I guess that some dark guy ordered them for evil work.

Have u noticed how much clonetroopers look like stormtroopers?Only the mask is different.

http://al.jediknightii.net/dcm/strips/104.gif)

http://al.jediknightii.net/dcm/strips/86.gif)
 Darklighter
07-08-2002, 6:23 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Doo

Have u noticed how much clonetroopers look like stormtroopers?Only the mask is different.

http://al.jediknightii.net/dcm/strips/104.gif)

http://al.jediknightii.net/dcm/strips/86.gif)

That is because after Palpatine takes control of the army, they gradually change into the storrmtroopers under the command of the emperor (palpatine).
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-08-2002, 6:26 AM
It's Dooku under the orders of Palpetine.
 obi
07-08-2002, 6:31 AM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

What he said.
 XERXES
07-08-2002, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

What he said.

what he quoted...however i think sifodias IS dooku, who is under palpys orders...
 Darth_Rommel
07-08-2002, 7:51 AM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

Yeah, I mean he's akready:

-Count Dooku
- Darth Tyrannus

... Who says he can't be Sifo Dyas also? :D
 MysticSpade
07-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Ok 1st off Obi-Wan pronounced his name "Seifer Diaz" the dialect that the Kaminoans used it sounds like Sifo Diaz. But he's Count Dooku. Just to say some little nOOb said that Darth Maul was Seifer Diaz this is not true, and contrary to what some may think they heard is true Darth Maul doesn't come back in Ep3 he was cut in half at the end of Ep1. Anyways back on topic it was Count Dooku who placed the order when he was a Jedi.
 Dath Maximus
07-08-2002, 10:58 AM
ok who voted for qui gon??

anyone?
i know you did

and i think it was sidious
 Throno-Denkai
07-08-2002, 11:06 AM
I dont know but some noobs believe that Qui-gon had his finger on these evil plans. I personally think that he was an honest jedi!
 Shadow Angel
07-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Well, for one thing, IMO, Darth Sidious and Chancellor Palpatine should be one choice (it's pretty obvious they're the same person.)

Second, Qui-Gon Jinn? Uh, no.

It's either Darth Tyranus (Dooku) under the orders of Sidious, or Sidious himself. I believe that the word "Sifo-Dyas" when said by the Kaminoan, was mispronounced for "Sidious." Maybe that word just doesn't work on the Kaminoan tongue. In the original script, the name was "Sido-Dyas," even closer to "Sidious." I think Obi-Wan siumply mistook the name for a Jedi who coincidentally has the same name.

It makes sense if it was Sidious because as Supreme Chancellor, you can't have an Empire without an army. It would take forever, or not get enough votes, to create an army from drafts or volunteers, so why not create obedient clones that will take Palpatine's every order?

Having a hard time deciding between "Darth Sidious" and "Chancellor Palpatine." I'll take Sidious because the name sounds better, I suppose.

And finally, Master "Sifo-Dyas" probably has absolutely no connection with the clones at all.
 Throno-Denkai
07-08-2002, 11:24 AM
What if sifo-dyas is Sidious and he was one of the oldest jedis!!!
 Darth_Rommel
07-08-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel
[B]It's either Darth Tyranus (Dooku) under the orders of Sidious, or Sidious himself. I believe that the word "Sifo-Dyas" when said by the Kaminoan, was mispronounced for "Sidious." Maybe that word just doesn't work on the Kaminoan tongue. In the original script, the name was "Sido-Dyas," even closer to "Sidious." I think Obi-Wan siumply mistook the name for a Jedi who coincidentally has the same name.
B]

Oooh... that's a possibility! Cool, Shadow Angel! :D
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 12:28 PM
I believe it was Qui-Gon because of the way Dooku said not a exact quote iwhich i dont remember but it was something like i knew qui-gon better than you.
And everyone remember Dooku had no idea about the clones and Qui-Gon died ten years ago why not Qui-Gon he did always dissobay the concil sifo dias is nothing like sidous and sidious and papeltine are same person i didnt think of it before if ther senate was controlled by sidous and papeltine controlled the senate ssame person
:sithm: :dsaber: :lightning
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Didn't someone say Siafa Diaz(or whatever?) was the same name of a jedi that died long ago? Why couldn't SD be Sidious, but SD just faked his death when he fell to the dark side so the jedi wouldn't bother him.

He could then train his aprentices, place large orders of clones, and become a leading senator in peace.
 obi
07-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
Dooku had no idea about the clones

*cough*BS*cough*

Dooku did know about the clones.
(all following quotes, made by Dooku)
"Good news, master. The war has begun."

Dooku stood beside Jango, the guy they used to clone, at the arena.

"There are no Bounty hunters here, the Geonosians don't trust them."

"How could the jedi come up with an army so quickly? Oh, now I remember! I went to Kamino under the name of Sifo-Dias just so I could pretend to be a jedi so I can get my master, Chancellor palpatine some clones! Of ocurse, I am not going to act like I knew about the clones, cause then you would know that I am just pretending to care for our cause so we can start a war and my master can come to supreme power."
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Also why are they two slots for Chanceller Papelitine and Lord Sidiuos?
 MysticSpade
07-08-2002, 12:57 PM

*cough*BS*cough*

Dooku did know about the clones.
(all following quotes, made by Dooku)
"Good news, master. The war has begun."

Dooku stood beside Jango, the guy they used to clone, at the arena.

"There are no Bounty hunters here, the Geonosians don't trust them."

"How could the jedi come up with an army so quickly? Oh, now I remember! I went to Kamino under the name of Sifo-Dias just so I could pretend to be a jedi so I can get my master, Chancellor palpatine some clones! Of ocurse, I am not going to act like I knew about the clones, cause then you would know that I am just pretending to care for our cause so we can start a war and my master can come to supreme power."

The boy is right so this saying comes to mind HAHA.
I told ya so in my post.
 obi
07-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by SeraphimII
Also why are they two slots for Chanceller Papelitine and Lord Sidiuos?

Good question. I don't see why people can't get the fact that Palpatine IS Sidious.
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 1:19 PM
Ps Anakin is Vader
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 1:20 PM
Sifo was on the concil and jedis knew of him if Dooku was on the concul how could they be the same person and i posted paplitine and sidous separate to use all of the opotions the clones weren't ordered by dooku why would he let them fight against himself smart fella create a massaive army and let it destroy your other army dooku is nt dias and dooku became darth tyrains like anakin to darth vader
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 1:25 PM
Not defending the dooku theory or anything but he fought aganted the clones with his droid army so he could test the clones, show the entire republic how strong their new army was (Kill the sepritists movement), and the clone army (might have) distroyed the Trade federation and anyone who knew of Sidious besides Dooku.
 obi
07-08-2002, 1:34 PM
Sifo was on the concil and jedis knew of him if Dooku was on the concul how could they be the same person and i posted paplitine and sidous separate to use all of the opotions the clones weren't ordered by dooku why would he let them fight against himself smart fella create a massaive army and let it destroy your other army dooku is nt dias and dooku became darth tyrains like anakin to darth vader

I say again:

Dooku is not Sifo Dias. He did, however, go to Kamino under that name, to earn their trust. And the clone army was Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious's idea. And seeing how Dooku is Sidious's apprentice of evil and all, Dooku hired Jango to make clones of himself.

:jango: "I was hired by a man called Tyrannus."

edit- USE PERIODS AND COMMAS AND WHATNOT!

Reading your post almost gave me a headache......
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 2:09 PM
I still say that Qui-Gon Jinn order them. Sifo Diyas is not in the star wars databank? Which got me thinking ( a very rare event ) Did he exist at all maybe that was a sith or Qui-Gons allias to infulltrate the concill once at is done he could fake his death. or it was Qui-Gons revenge against the concill for never letting him join (yes it sounded as cheesy writing it as it is reading it)
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 2:43 PM
Boba Fett ordered the clones! :fett:
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 2:52 PM
he was a clone
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 2:57 PM
Ha! Thats what he wants you to think!
 Redwing
07-08-2002, 7:01 PM
This all started on the Episode II forums when Natty's boyfriend demonstrated his apparent enormous cluelessness. The idea is based on the "fact" that Sifo-Dyas was Qui-Gon's council name. :rolleyes:

Sidious called Dooku "Tyrannus" at the very end of the movie. "Tyrannus" recruited Jango.
 Obi-Doo
07-08-2002, 8:09 PM
As far as Obi-Wan knew, Sifo Dias died 10 years ago. So it migth have been Qui-Gon Jinn who was Sifo Dias. But we all know that

QUI-GON JINN DIED BEFORE THE CLONES WERE ORDERED!!!

And here is another shocking fact:

PALPANTINE IS NOT DARTH SIDIOUS!!!!!

If you look at starwars.com, you can see that PALPANTINE IS
1.73 METERS HIGH while SIDIOUS IS 1.78 METERS!!!!!
 Qui-GONE Jinn
07-08-2002, 11:21 PM
How can that be...
 Tyrion
07-08-2002, 11:31 PM
As far as Obi-Wan knew, Sifo Dias died 10 years ago. So it migth have been Qui-Gon Jinn who was Sifo Dias. But we all know that

QUI-GON JINN DIED BEFORE THE CLONES WERE ORDERED!!!

Maybe they add in the height of the clothes and equipment.And,do you really think Palpatine was so lucky as to have a position open for counselour,while in a war? too many coincidences.
 Darth Exar Kun
07-08-2002, 11:43 PM
[B

1.73 METERS HIGH while SIDIOUS IS 1.78 METERS!!!!! [/B]

I'm :wstupid: Sidous was with Maul when Papletine was still at Corcesont becoming Chanceller
 Tyrion
07-08-2002, 11:45 PM

I'm :wstupid: Sidous was with Maul when Papletine was still at Corcesont becoming Chanceller

Hell no.He was a senator of Naboo when Maul was around.The becoming chanceller part was 10 years after Maul's death,right in AOTC timeline.
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 11:46 PM

Damnit that means that old people in black cloaks is coming back instyle. We see Sidious in a black cloak in e1, 2, 3? and then in ep4, 5, 6 we see a clearly named Emporer Palpatine in a black cloak electricuting Luke.

Maybe Sidious trains Palpatine so he can become eperor and beat the crap outa some jedis, but Palpatine kills Sidious, with the help of Anakin, and RULES THE UNIVERSE, for like 25 years...

Or Sidious is a creepy one and likes to wear platforms or high heels :eek:
 SeraphimII
07-08-2002, 11:53 PM

Also when sidious was with maul did it show where they were? Why couldn't they've been on Corisant, and the other times he appeared he was a hologram on a comunique, which could have been sent from anywhere.

And Palpatine became chanceller before Natale Portman (Drool) left Corisant in ep1.
 obi
07-09-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by SeraphimII

Also when sidious was with maul did it show where they were? Why couldn't they've been on Corisant, and the other times he appeared he was a hologram on a comunique, which could have been sent from anywhere.

And Palpatine became chanceller before Natale Portman (Drool) left Corisant in ep1.

No, he didn't become chancellor before Padme left Coruscant. He was just elected.

"If I am elected, your majesty, blag blah......"

ANyways,

SIDOIUS IS PALPATINE! THERE IS NO "WHAT IF'S!" ACCEPT THAT FACT!

Palpatine may be 1.73 meters high, and sidious 1.78, But people grow taller over time. (it was like what, 20 years from EPIII to ANH?)

There is no cloning envolved, there is no decoy, nothing like that.

ANd yes, Maul was with Sidious(Palpatine) on Coruscant. If you thought they where somewhere else, your a stupid moron. You can clearly see the speeders in the air, and the buildings, that can be found no where else.
 Darth Exar Kun
07-09-2002, 1:13 AM
Sidous is a wrtinkley old terd and doesn't sound like Palpatine who became chanceller in episode 1. is Sidous is really old now in 50 years he would be like dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Papletine is the aprentice in ep 1. Yoda said blabalablablablabla with was destroyed the master or the aprentice blablabla
 Shadow Angel
07-09-2002, 3:22 AM
That's right, Palpatine announced his victory in the election for Supreme Chancellor when he landed on Naboo in TPM. According to HolonetNews.com (which is canon, because it's by Lucasfilm), I think, it says that Palpatine has been using the Separatist movement to stay in office longer than the term allows. He's been in for 10 years. (Sort of like how President Roosevelt served 4 terms because of World War II.)

I don't know about the height thing, maybe they're counting the point of his hood.

And come on, in TPM, when Mace Windu says "who was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" the camera switches to a close-up of Palpatine. It's that simple.

And Palpatine's life is sustained by the Force (just that the Dark Side makes him uglier/ruins his body.) If Yoda weren't a Jedi, you think he would live to be 900 years old?
 obi
07-09-2002, 3:57 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Angel
That's right, Palpatine announced his victory in the election for Supreme Chancellor when he landed on Naboo in TPM. According to HolonetNews.com (which is canon, because it's by Lucasfilm), I think, it says that Palpatine has been using the Separatist movement to stay in office longer than the term allows. He's been in for 10 years. (Sort of like how President Roosevelt served 4 terms because of World War II.)

I don't know about the height thing, maybe they're counting the point of his hood.

And come on, in TPM, when Mace Windu says "who was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" the camera switches to a close-up of Palpatine. It's that simple.

And Palpatine's life is sustained by the Force (just that the Dark Side makes him uglier/ruins his body.) If Yoda weren't a Jedi, you think he would live to be 900 years old?

Thank you. Exar, Sidious is Palpatine. Why wouldn't he be? If "Everything is going as planned," How would that let Sidious on the throne instead of Palpatine? Would Sidious kill his identical twin? I think not.

Sidious=Palpatine. end of story.
 WolfmanNCSU
07-09-2002, 4:11 AM

Sidious=Palpatine. end of story.

Beat me too it. :D Where ever you look to find SW info, you see the emperor named emperor palpatine, which has a pic of the same guy who zaps luke with lightning at the end of RotJ (Sideous). Makes perfect sense to me. Plus this is how the story goes, its always been this way.
 Darth Exar Kun
07-09-2002, 4:49 AM
Sidous and Palpatine could be using the clone technogly for themselve/themself. Like the dark Empire comicbook the answer lies in the EU Palpatine cloned himself and sent a clone Sifo Dias to Kamino and ordered the clones..
 Clem
07-09-2002, 4:53 AM
starwars.com is not the be all and end all

MAYBE ITS WRONG (shock horror) its wrong about maul and kuns sabres (says theyre sith sabres ... when only those 2 use em)

and the person that said sifo dias is missing from it ...... lots of people are esp. from the EU
 MysticSpade
07-09-2002, 5:34 AM
ok Wolfman is right a height differential means nothing, in ROTJ he is referred to as "Emporer Palpatine". And in TPM when it is asked "well who have we defeated, the master, or the apprentice", Darth Maul was the apprentice, Palpatine/Sidious is the master. Yoda stated there is always two a master and an apprentice so that means he took Dooku after TPM which makes perfect sense in the fact that Dooku did place the order for the clone army. Also in TPM you never actually see where Sidious and Maul are in the movie, so he could of sent the message from Coruscant. And someone had stated that they sounded different <Sidious/Palpatine> this is a poor example but for instance Bruce Wayne/Batman. When he was portraying Bruce Wayne he had a mellow toned voice, and when he was portraying Batman he lowered his voice and was more articulate <as is Palpatine/Sidious has been doing>.

So there you have it. Don't believe it if you don't want to, but it is the TRUTH.
 Throno-Denkai
07-09-2002, 7:36 AM
I believe it was Qui-Gon because of the way Dooku said not a exact quote iwhich i dont remember but it was something like i knew qui-gon better than you.
And everyone remember Dooku had no idea about the clones and Qui-Gon died ten years ago why not Qui-Gon he did always dissobay the concil sifo dias is nothing like sidous and sidious and papeltine are same person i didnt think of it before if ther senate was controlled by sidous and papeltine controlled the senate ssame person
:sithm: :dsaber: :lightning

Whatch what you are saying. Qui-gon was one of the most honest jedis in the council. If he did it, than he would join to the dark side when he did this crap. Also he knew about the clones, if he didnt, why that he said "Good news, war has begun." You better go see the movie 3 more times, than maybe you can understand why did Dooku said that he knew Qui-gon better, if you watch 2 more times after that, maybe you can understand about clone army!!!
 Marvelous*
07-09-2002, 10:03 AM
Sidous is a wrtinkley old terd and doesn't sound like Palpatine who became chanceller in episode 1. is Sidous is really old now in 50 years he would be like dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Papletine is the aprentice in ep 1. Yoda said blabalablablablabla with was destroyed the master or the aprentice blablabla

Yoda was referring to Darth maul, as he was the apprentice of Darth sidious, who is palpatine, easy. i mean, he even looks like him.
I mean, his clone army looks like stormtroopers,
them ships at the end of ep2 were BLATENTLY early looking star destroyers.

duh!!
 Zindell
07-09-2002, 8:36 PM
It was sidious pretending to be Sifo Dias.

I'd wager money on that. I'm so sure.
 WolfmanNCSU
07-09-2002, 9:09 PM
Plus Dooku said that the dark lord of the sith already sits upon the head of the senate. Hmmm, does Palatine sit upon the head of the senate. Interesting.... :emperor:
 JrKASperov
07-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Allright, enough of this foolishness, Palpatine IS Sidious, and there are several reasons:
1.GL confirmed it(it's on theForce.net somewheres)
2.Palpatine becomes the Dark Lord later, so he should be Sidious
3.Dooku states the senate being ruled by the Dark Lord of the Sith, being Palpatine
4.it's the same actor

And on-topic: Sifo-Dyas looked a LOT like Sidious to me:rolleyes:
 obi
07-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by JrKASperov

And on-topic: Sifo-Dyas looked a LOT like Sidious to me:rolleyes:

where, prey tell, did you get a pic of Sifo Dias?
 JrKASperov
07-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Hmm, I was talking about the names and the sounding of the names...

Xcuse me for the trouble...:p
Page: 1 of 2