Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who ordered the clone in AOTC

Page: 2 of 2
 techsurfer
07-10-2002, 1:36 AM
Let me just say that the official star wars site has a forum post on this about 50 pages long. I read a fair chunk of it and a lot of it sounds like rubbish - theories about it being qui-gonn, maul, sidious' clone...

The most plausible theory from all the evidence is that Dooku, possibly Sidious (but that's unlikely because he never does anything himself and just commands everything), posed as Syfo Dias, after the real Jedi Master's death, to the Kaminoans - who don't know much of the Jedi order and are very trusting. After ordering the clones Dooku wipes all records of Kamino from the Jedi Library to cover his tracks. Later he quits the Jedi Order.
 Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 2:49 AM
I dont know why some people actually thinks its Qui-Gon.
I have said this before and I say it again, he DIED before the clones were ordered.
 Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 3:10 AM
I know that there is much that indicates that Palpy is Sidious, but I dont think that the dark side gives people the ability to shrink or grow when they want.
 Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 7:28 AM
And remember:
 ibballin
07-10-2002, 1:39 PM
the one that ordered the clones was darth maul aka Sifo Dyas. that was his name before he became a sith. and also Sifo Dyas isnt in the star wars database because the same person that tampered with the database in the movie tampered with the database of website! ;)
 MysticSpade
07-10-2002, 1:45 PM
Ok it's pissin me off ppl sayin maul put the order in. Maul was raised a Sith read the book it's call SHADOW HUNTER. And Maul died the same time Qui-gon did <which was 10 yrs B4 Ep2> the order was placed 8 yrs B4 Ep2. Get the story straight b4 you go on what you hear.
 Shadow Angel
07-10-2002, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
Ok it's pissin me off ppl sayin maul put the order in. Maul was raised a Sith read the book it's call SHADOW HUNTER. And Maul died the same time Qui-gon did <which was 10 yrs B4 Ep2> the order was placed 8 yrs B4 Ep2. Get the story straight b4 you go on what you hear.

Yeah, I can't believe anyone would say Darth Maul, or even worse, Qui-Gon Jinn (it's funny to speculate on Jinn, though, I'll have to admit.) As for Sidious never doing things himself, I can remember him controlling the Trade Federation in TPM from the comfort of his own holoprojector, wherever that is. I still think the Kaminoan mis-pronounced Sidious, and Obi-Wan confused it with a guy who coincidentally has the same name (of Sifo-Dyas.) And remember that the original name was "Sido-Dyas," which is just too close to home.

Even though Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter is EU, which most people here discredit, it's common sense that Darth Maul would have been a Sith from the beginning. Well, okay, there's nothing in the films to confirm/deny that, but it makes more sense. Maul's character isn't the type to make a return or reference in another film, anyway.
 Kururin
07-10-2002, 10:55 PM
Chanchelor Palpatine
 Darth Exar Kun
07-11-2002, 1:45 AM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
Ok it's pissin me off ppl sayin maul put the order in. Maul was raised a Sith read the book it's call SHADOW HUNTER. And Maul died the same time Qui-gon did <which was 10 yrs B4 Ep2> the order was placed 8 yrs B4 Ep2. Get the story straight b4 you go on what you hear. the order came 10 years b4 aotc they died around that time allthough the maul theory is bull
 Darth Groovy
07-11-2002, 3:03 AM
::sighs:: I ordered the clone army by mistake. I thought I was ordering a large deep dish pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and the girl on the phone mistook mushrooms for clones. Sorry guys!
 Darth Exar Kun
07-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
::sighs:: I ordered the clone army by mistake. I thought I was ordering a large deep dish pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and the girl on the phone mistook mushrooms for clones. Sorry guys! that explains why they gave me a pizza with extra mushroooms when i cleary stated medium thin crust with pinapple and extra clones
 obi
07-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Well hey, I'm just the delivery guy!

The stupid woman gave me the wrong address and I ended up on Geonosis. Then ,Dooku had the nerve to put me in some stupid electro-shock therapy thing!

I WAS JUST THE FRACKIN DELIVERY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Darth Exar Kun
07-11-2002, 11:29 AM
So 10 years ago we both ordered pizza's from Taun We pizza Kamina Piza Place and the dumb chick kept the pizza for ten years and then this obiwan13 shows and give the deadly clone pizza to an old guy with very bad people skills i knew you souldn't have stepped in old Man Dooku's flower garden and gives you illegal shock theory how dare him
Page: 2 of 2