Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Natalie Portman

Page: 1 of 1
 Rex_450
05-17-2002, 8:48 PM
Anyone see her dress on lettermen???
 Zaarin
05-17-2002, 10:28 PM
No, but it sounds like I would want too.
 Zaarin
05-17-2002, 10:34 PM
 Stealth_Shot
05-17-2002, 10:42 PM
in need of picture
 Nebelwerfer_
05-17-2002, 10:54 PM
mmmmmmmmmm :)
 kaptaintrips
05-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Me saw!!! Me likey!!! And she said she's "Avalible"!
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 11:44 PM
There are screencaps and a video @ http://www.natalienews.net) . Sure the dress looks amazing, but it would look even better crumpled up on my bedroom floor.
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 11:50 PM
She also said somewher that she doesn`t like star wars.......
 Verbatim
05-18-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Cracken
There are screencaps and a video @ http://www.natalienews.net) . Sure the dress looks amazing, but it would look even better crumpled up on my bedroom floor.

Great Mogalie Mogalie!
 Wheelchairboy
05-18-2002, 12:53 AM
what makes me mad is that weirdo juggler got to sit right next to her and do his thing and she was loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that isn't a nerd's dream :)
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:11 AM
Yeah, she said she was never a fan of Star Wars growing up in a recent interview... also said she really doesn't even like Sci-Fi or the Star Wars series itself, prefers um... I believe she said "character-based drama" or some chick shiznit like that.
 MadCowRunner
05-18-2002, 4:35 AM
"Who whould it be the one you love..."

Easy... Natalie Portman :D

I wonder... if I went to Harvard, if she'd even give me a chance. Same age, same grade, I love good theatre... I'd twist myself into a death pretzel if she wanted me to...
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:37 AM
She's got looks, but I find her personality irritating. Even in the movie, she seems a bit stuck up.

And frankly, she needs some acting lessons. Can't do a love scene to save her life.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Episode II, I just think they probably would have been better off casting an unknown that could act better. :p
 MadCowRunner
05-18-2002, 4:42 AM
Heck, I'd be fine with it if she never acts again, I'd still love to get to know her. In every interview I've ever seen/read/heard, she just seems like a real cool person. A bit shy here, a hint of timidity there, but intelligence abound. That, and no-one ever talks about her "dark side;" I've never heard of her saying/doing anything mean to anyone... she just seems like a real nice girl.

That, and I think I've had a crush on her since "Mars Attacks."
 RichDiesal
05-18-2002, 4:53 AM
Bah, a woman just needs to be intelligent enough to bake me a pie. ;)
 MadCowRunner
05-18-2002, 4:59 AM
lol, yeah, I can go for a pie around now too.
 Darth Iroel
05-18-2002, 1:42 PM
for me intelligence and common interests are as important as looks in a woman....
 VIO
05-19-2002, 1:20 AM
shes hot
notice in the movie how she is wearing that tight white thing that pulls her well you know down flat but in a dramatic fight scne the white thing is ripped and they can regan there normal shape back AH the brillent suddletes of film making
 Frumpus
05-19-2002, 5:01 AM
mmmmm, .. .. . floor pie.
 Mr Tim
05-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Actually - she's quite a good actress. Have you seen 'The Professional' (or Leon, which was the French name).

It was her first movie role and she was great. She's certainly a good actress, just doesn't get the chance to shine in Star Wars movies. But then again, nobody comes across as a particularly good actor in any of the SW films, including the original ones.

Alec Guinness in particualr hated Star Wars and the corny lines he has to deliver. Apparently he used to reduce kids to tears when they came up to him to ask him about SW, since he was so disparaging of the whole thing.
 Parallex Jedi
05-19-2002, 7:30 PM
Hey, I saw her first, she's mine. Hehe....I couldn't help but drool at some parts in the movie.
 Cracken
05-20-2002, 3:09 PM
Thank you, Mr. Tim. Finally, someone who's seen "Leon" can vouch for her acting ability. However, I do agree that some of the lines in AOTC could be helped greatly by a decent scriptwriter. George Lucas, though he's a great imaginator, is to dialogue writing what Woody Allen is to planned parenthood. Why was ESB so good? George Lucas didn't write the script.
 Swoosh
05-20-2002, 4:38 PM
I can't think of any actors that have said they loved doing star wars. It seems like many do it to get a jump-start on their careers. Let's face it, the lines in the movies don't provide for good acting opportunities. Natalie is kinda a different actor though...she continues to go to school when she could be a successful actress right now and she doesn't want to go to Hollywood...she seems pretty cool to me

Swoosh
 Socabapu
05-21-2002, 5:45 AM
Ok. I've seen the pictures. She's hot, and some other dude's going to marry her one day. It's 2am and I'm ogling pictures of a girl I'll never have. My life's a toilet. I want my girlfriend back. Maybe if I send her those Letterman pictures and ask her to be my Padme, she'll want me back? :manny: Maybe I'll just go eat butter.
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 6:51 AM
Sounds like a plan. :p

And still, it's generally not a good idea to cast actresses that HATE the movie they need to act in... I just got a very "I'm doing this because I have a contract" feel from her...

She is a good actress in drama, but for some reason, she just didn't seem to do well here...

And what do you mean no one is provided "good acting opportunities"? I think Harrison Ford played one of the best roles of his career in Ep4-6. :p
 Cracken
05-21-2002, 3:03 PM
Harrison Ford was so good in ANH and ESB because George Lucas actually wrote the role for him (He's said so in an interview). However, when ROTJ came around, he just didn't have it anymore....his performance in ROTJ was kind of lacking, like he was just waiting for the next Indy Jones movie.
 Justus
05-21-2002, 3:08 PM
She's a Gemini though.. you have to be careful with gemini.... :)
 GUNNER
05-22-2002, 3:16 AM
I liked the black leather suit best myself. :D
 Craz
05-22-2002, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

I've got the whole ten minutes sitting on Kazaa waiting for you right now. :-)
 DannyJAllTheWay
05-22-2002, 6:23 PM
Boy, do you know what I'd like to do with Natalie? Why, I'd like to duel her in JK2. Sabers only with basic force powers of course.
 Schmatz
05-23-2002, 1:18 AM
Honestly, us who like Star Wars would LOVE to be in the movie... but we end up liking Star Wars so much because... well... some of us aren't social in the real world, and would never make it in Hollywood. Only the pretty people make it into Hollywood, and most of them were Soap Opera fans, or some other gay stuff. Yes, Star Wars MOVIES have their corny lines, and some bad scenes... but you have to look at the Star Wars UNIVERSE. EVerything else, and the movies included, are amazing... and only the movies have cliche stuff, the rest is original. So, if actors/actresses hated doing Star Wars, its because they figured they were "too good" for it, because it's such an unrealistic "fake" movie, when in essence it's the only reason we live heh. They have too much money to make to worry about having passions and hobbies.
 Schmatz
05-23-2002, 1:21 AM
And the dress was VERY nice ;)
 COJ
05-23-2002, 2:19 AM
did u see her in a bikini in one of her latest movie, man in big screen she was hot!

I cant beleive though ppl wanna marry and all, shes hot I agree, bt like, if u only knew her, maybe shes a slut!! or maybe she just reads book all the time and never wants sex...think
 RichDiesal
05-23-2002, 5:51 AM
I have met VERY few girls that don't love sex. The bookworm sort are usually the craziest in bed, oddly enough. :D

Remember, those girls are the ones that don't get any very often, so when they do, they want to have lots of fun. ;)
Page: 1 of 1