Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Setting up a dismember server

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterData
05-09-2002, 3:09 AM
What do I need in my server.cfg to best enable dismemberment on my dedicated server?

In the dismemberment (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51350) thread, I read to use g_dismember 200. That's what I use, but is that correct? What's the range of numbers used on g_dismember? Most Q3 type commands just use a 0 or 1 (off or on), but is this one a range between 0 and, say, 200?

Also, is it necessary to load the maps using "devmap <mapname>"?

Third question, do cheats have to be enabled?

I'm running my server with cheats enabled, using devmap to load the map, and with g_dismember set to 200. Dismemberment occurs (and the server doesn't get errors like it did when using dismemberment pre-1.03...hallelujah!), but dismemberment doesn't occur often--I want it to be as often as in single player, when you use the "saberRealistic 1" command.

And why would dismemberment need to require cheat mode, specially loading a map, and having dismemberment enabled on the server? Isn't it just a graphical effect? I mean, why didn't Raven allow each client to determine whether they see dismemberment or not, as some games do with blood and gore settings?
 Mr_Sharky
05-09-2002, 4:31 AM
WEll I have it set to 100 and everytime someone dies a limb gets cut off...

What have you got cg_dismember set to? try setting it to 3 and see if that helps...

[edit] Cheats do not need to be enabled for dismember and I suggest you disable them asap... :o
 JediGhost[SITH]
05-09-2002, 8:39 AM
I put "g_dismember 999" just incase the number means more slices.

ANd then the clients have to put "cg_dismember 1".

Also I think it's just me, but the amount of time the saber will hit decreases when you turn on dismember. I was playing on my own server (0 ping), with dismember enabled.

At first I noticed it during a duel, so I asked 1 of my friends to put the saber away and stand still for a minute.

I strafed around in with Yellow stance swiping horizontally.

3 times in a row the saber literally (Literally) went right through his stomach. No damage was dealt any of the 3 times.

Eventually, though, I did get lucky and it finally hit him.

I disabled Dismember and I could actually hit people again.

I don't know what caused it.... But it WAS happening.
 MasterData
05-10-2002, 3:03 AM
Thanks, Mr_Sharky and JediGhost. I will do some more experimenting...especially to see if I can recreate the non-damaging saber glitch. Was that with the current version of the server executable?
 MatrixCPA
05-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Check here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52425) for the "official" answer.
Page: 1 of 1