Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ok, this unpure client error is now officially pissing me off.

Page: 1 of 1
 Aerys
05-08-2002, 1:10 AM
It seems like my server (dedicated or MP flavor) is kicking almost everyone who attempts to join as having an unpure client.

This started later this afternoon. Up to that point my MP dedicated server was running pretty well.

Frustration grows. Aggravation mounts.

Blah.
 MatrixCPA
05-08-2002, 1:32 AM
Is that showing up in the console as unpure client?
 Aerys
05-08-2002, 1:45 AM
Yes, server console is reporting "unpure client detected" and kicking them.

I have enabled downloads for overnight and at least one person downloaded the new .pk3 file...
 MatrixCPA
05-08-2002, 1:55 AM
Crazy stuff. I haven't run into that problem once yet and my server is packed. Of course, I'm running the linux ded server.
 Jasco Smlee
05-08-2002, 4:23 AM
Have you updated your server to v1.03 yet?
 MatrixCPA
05-08-2002, 4:52 AM
Absolutely. I updated, uploaded the new pk3 and fired it up. Inside of 10 minutes, the server was packed wall-to-wall. I saw a bunch of people join and get disconnected because they hadn't updated--which I could tell because they tried to download the new pk3 and couldnl't because I have downloads off. Been running ever since.
 Mr_Sharky
05-08-2002, 4:59 AM
Well I had a problem with people disconnecting so I replaced the assets pk3 files int he base dir. Since then it's worked great. I had deleted the arms only and headless kyle models so maybe that was it... :confused:
Page: 1 of 1