Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Have a look at my map

Page: 1 of 1
 Wired
04-26-2002, 5:46 PM
I've been working on a map and was hoping that you all could spare some time to check it out and maybe come with a few suggestions. Anyway here's the link to the images:

Pictures (http://www.angelfire.com/games4/wired0/jk2.html)

It's intended to be a small FFA or/and a Duel Map. I really wanted a Duel map where you had some space to move around on, so the idea for this map came to mind.
Well actually it's an old idea, I wanted to make a map like this for Duke Nukem but since the editor was crap that idea never came to be.
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 5:50 PM
picture 4 rOxs:)
 adillon
04-26-2002, 5:56 PM
definitely like the ruined temple thing you got going on. and like the previous post said, the 4th image is SUPER, especially with the silhouette of the broken arch against the amazing sky.

i definitely think it'll be awesome as a FFA map, but seems a little too big for duels, although i feel the same way with the jedi duel map (the outdoor one) that came with the game. that being said, i'm sure people will find a favorite spot on your map to fight it out - probably right on top.

keep up the good work.:guard:
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 7:04 PM
Ceiling recesses are cool! I would add some places to hide (maybe camoflauge them with a hologram like the end of the single player mission).

My favorite map is the red duel map (carbon chamber) because of all of the ceiling hoses that you can hide in. Make it seem more like the last duel in ROTJ.
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 7:05 PM
I would also add in some statues (available somewhere) in the underground area for people to hide behind. Too much hacking and slashing gets boring! Gotta add strategy! (I apologize for my heretical outburst on the above line)
 Wired
04-27-2002, 5:08 PM
I've been building on my map a little and, after a whopping 1 hour and 42 minutes install, I took some new pics.

New, updated, pictures (http://www.angelfire.com/games4/wired0/jk2.html)
 Waspie
04-27-2002, 9:20 PM
Looking great, but I'm hoping you'll fix the far walls.

As they are now, big ugly square walls look utterly horrible when a texture's repeated on them far too much.
 Wired
04-28-2002, 5:26 AM
Well, obviously I'll fix the walls :p .
But I'm leving that until the very last moment, since I think that will be a bitch to do... if I wan't it to look good. And besides I haven't decided on how I should do it... mountains? a bigass wall?, maybe just some nice (tall) hills with walls on them...?
 ripmage
04-28-2002, 12:33 PM
maybe its just me but its kinda dark
 Wired
04-28-2002, 12:37 PM
To begin with the pics are darker than the level itself, and secondly it's supposed to be a bit... shady inside... But that may change however.
 PurplWulf
04-28-2002, 1:43 PM
wired: email me or icq me for some ideas for fixing the walls

also, when the map is complete, if you do a fullvis (extra) it does a much better job of blending the shadows and lighting so it's a more gradual progression, and will also help to lighten up some of the darker areas just a bit.

HTH

the purple one
 Darkhold X
04-28-2002, 6:12 PM
looks more of a ffa, than a duel map. There are already tons of duel ones being made.(since they are usualy simple;) )You seem to have quite a bit of area inside to move around also, so ffa would probably be a better choice. Although it probably wouldnt be the greatest for a lot of people, unless maybe of you were to make a large chanmer underneath everything sort of like the have on the yavin place. If you did something like that with maybe a more interesting, and larger area than yavei has it would probably be great.:)
 sinistervw
04-28-2002, 6:38 PM
Great work...I got nothing to complain about! Perfect Medium FFA!
Page: 1 of 1