Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK2 Logparse 1.0.5 is out

Page: 1 of 1
 Wintrmte
04-20-2002, 3:58 PM
v.1.0.5
Fixes:

o Whoops. Left out the MOD_THERMAL mapping, so it was reporting a blank line in the weapon stats.

Additions:
o The script will now sort by Skill, Deaths, and Suicides. Look in the logparse.conf file for the filenames (if you want to
change them).

o Added documentation for Windows users on how to use this script. (Note: This may need some work, so if you do something
differently, please email me so I can include it in the documentation)

As always, to get the latest version of this script (or see examples of the output) goto:

http://jk2.gamersimpact.com)

Thanks,
Sam
 Wintrmte
04-21-2002, 12:47 AM
*BUMP*
 SuperCharlie
04-21-2002, 4:56 AM
Daaang man.. you GO with your killer parser.. keep up the good work man.. that looks killer..

SC
 David Icke
04-21-2002, 9:15 AM
what is the skill column a measure of? I cant see a pattern to it compared to how good they are, ive got people with 65% ration with 500 skill, and people 95% ration with a -10 skill
 WD_Rage
04-21-2002, 2:31 PM
Does this parser have to be on the machine the server is running on, or can it be run remotely? From what I've seen of the config file, it can only run on the machine. Am I wrong?
 David Icke
04-22-2002, 8:00 AM
It can be run where ever there is a jedi log to parse. if you copy the log to a remote server, you can run the log parser on the remote server.
 SuperCharlie
04-22-2002, 6:15 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like ya gotta have a PERL enabled machine to run this.. most win boxes wont do this and only some web servers will...

SC
 Sysgod
04-22-2002, 6:35 PM
As for Windows as long as it's NT or 2000, ActivePerl works great...
 Wintrmte
04-23-2002, 1:06 AM
Originally posted by SuperCharlie
Correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like ya gotta have a PERL enabled machine to run this.. most win boxes wont do this and only some web servers will...

SC

Actually, any windows box can install Active Perl (www.activestate.com). :)
 HellfireSK
04-23-2002, 11:15 AM
"Correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like ya gotta have a PERL enabled machine to run this.. most win boxes wont do this and only some web servers will..."

Actually "most" IIS boxes have ActivePerl running, it's just one of those things. The latest iterations of AP are about as good as Perl gets outside of the *nix world.

I may be mistaken but I believe the win32 Apache port also has perl functionality and/or the ability to interface with AP as well.

-h
 Wintrmte
04-24-2002, 12:52 PM
* bump *
 David Icke
04-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Idea for a new feature,,,,

a count of how many times a player visits your server.!

just an idea

great script

thanks
 jk2eservers
04-25-2002, 3:42 PM
Any ideas if there will a release in PHP, for us Linux Server Admins

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I cant get to your website, do you have a mirror?
 Shotgun Si
04-25-2002, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by jk2eservers

Ditto! Can someone email me a copy?! I need it asap. Thanks!

jason@shueh.net
 Wintrmte
04-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Any ideas if there will a release in PHP, for us Linux Server Admins

Thanks in advance.

Funny you mention that.. I am working on a PHP version that reads the players.dat file that is generated by the script. It would take wayyyy too long to have PHP go through a logfile and calculate the stats (especially if you are coming through a proxy server that has a short timeout window).

So, the way the next version will work, is it will include a switch to not have it generate HTML, but only generate the players.dat file.

At this point the companion PHP scripts will need to read that players.dat file, and can calculate the stats. Should work pretty well when it's done. Stay tuned.

As for accessing the website, try again. I had a CPU fan go out in the server, and thus the chip was sizzling at 156(F).. lol. Needless to say, it locked up. It's back up, you should be able to get the file.
 Wintrmte
04-28-2002, 2:12 PM
* BUMP* ... I've submitted this twice now to the files administrators here at jediknightii.net .. Still hasn't been added. :(
 jk2eservers
04-29-2002, 3:26 PM
Can, this log parser be used on Linux.
 Wintrmte
04-30-2002, 12:11 AM
Can, this log parser be used on Linux.

Absolutely. It was developed on a Linux system. :)
 Wintrmte
04-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Here is the fix in 1.0.5.1:

o Changed the Name colorizer some more. Thanks to Xanthus for emailing me about converting that values
to their Ascii -> Octal values. The Names should now look as they were intended, even when characters
other than 0-9 were used.
Page: 1 of 1