Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strategy Guide #2: The Red Room on Artus Mine (SPOILERS!!!)

Page: 1 of 1
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 7:18 PM
A note about the posts I will try to continue to make under the title "Strategy Guide"... I will try to provide clues at the top of the post, then outright answers at the bottom. So as you're reading it, you can stop when you think you've read enough and can figure the rest out for yourself....

So, that red room on the first artus mine level, where the carts come in, the room turns red and you die. A lot of people have trouble with this one, it is a bit obscure.

First hint: Don't try to approach the room directly, look for another way in.

Second hint: Make sure to look through the security cameras.

Third and final hint: Look around outside and see if you see/hear anything unusual.

Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.
 Wacky_Baccy
03-27-2002, 7:32 PM
Good idea, Mike - thanks for doing this for us :)

BTW - if you can close threads, does that mean that you could 'stickify' the Strategy Guides...?

Would be a useful thing, methinks :)
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
Good idea, Mike - thanks for doing this for us :)

BTW - if you can close threads, does that mean that you could 'stickify' the Strategy Guides...?

Would be a useful thing, methinks :)

hehe, good point, forgot I could do that!

:)
 Wacky_Baccy
03-27-2002, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
hehe, good point, forgot I could do that!

:)
LOL :D

Don't worry - Roger, our resident "News Droid", forgets it all the time :D ;)
 raven softie
03-27-2002, 7:51 PM
hey - but how does one end this level?
i disabled the mining process with coupla explosives - at least the killing red light disappeared - but the level doesn't end.
is it connected with the violet-colored tramway where wasn't any machines?
how will i get to next level?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:00 PM
Once you disable the red room, get on one of the carts and ride it. You should see someplace you can jump to while riding the cart.
 Blair_D
03-27-2002, 9:50 PM
How do you jump onto those cars?
 BobaFett72
03-27-2002, 10:22 PM
YOU'RE A GODSEND!!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :D :D :D

I thought I was going to go insane! Cya!

:fett:
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 10:50 PM
How do you jump onto those cars?

The easiest way is to probably stand on the thin ledge of the doorway that the cart will exit out of (so that you're facing it) and jump onto the front of it
 Fission
03-28-2002, 1:33 AM
Actually, by far the easiest way to get om the cargo-ship is to jump on top of one of the support-beams in the room, that way yiu'll be able to drop down onto it while it's sitting there.
 Mormegil
03-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Ah - I just stood outside the door, and sort of jumped sideways as the door opened, and landed on the cart.
 ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Hmmm very interesting, I actually beat this level using a different method, I followed the cart that was leaving the red room and stood in the door way, the door would never close but took off 4 health points each time it tried (I was standing in the way) and the next cart came in and I didn't get burned/sizzled/or whatever the purification process that goes on, anyways, after that I just jumped on the cart and I was able to jump into a little area that had green crystals, but I am glad to know there is another (correct) way to get by this obstacle, I was getting upset after spending 2 hours trying to figure it out.
 Miracleasd
03-28-2002, 2:43 PM
though there had to be a legit way. i ended up brute forcing my way thorugh using all the bacta i had.
 marklar
03-28-2002, 3:26 PM
OK. I'm on the cart. But what's next?
It carries me towards another room, but when the door opens there is a blue force filed or something, and I can't get trough it... The cart pushes me towards it and I die.

What's wrong? Please HELP! :)
 alleycat
03-28-2002, 3:36 PM
Okay i am down underneath that machine. If i spend too long i die. Anyway what am i suppose to do in such a short time?

Plant explosives??

Then how am i suppose to jump on the carts.

Jedi knight is a good game, but like dark forces 2 it can become confusing.
 ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 3:47 PM
"OK. I'm on the cart. But what's next?
It carries me towards another room, but when the door opens there is a blue force filed or something, and I can't get trough it... The cart pushes me towards it and I die.

What's wrong? Please HELP!"

ride the cart to the end of the first turn, the cart will turn right, on the left hand side are some lights and a place you can jump to, go in there....
 ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 3:49 PM
"Okay i am down underneath that machine. If i spend too long i die. Anyway what am i suppose to do in such a short time?

Plant explosives??

Then how am i suppose to jump on the carts.

Jedi knight is a good game, but like dark forces 2 it can become confusing."

the explosives disable the purificationn process, the carts continually keep going no matter what, then you can jump on a cart in the red room and you wont die because the purification/refining process doesn't heat you up anymore.
 Game CEO
03-28-2002, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Miracleasd
though there had to be a legit way. i ended up brute forcing my way thorugh using all the bacta i had.

HAHAHAHA!!

I didn't even turn off the 'red process' as suggested in this thread. I just waited for the car to come out of the room and jumped onto the front. Took me about 5 or 6 tries.

I did go down through that exhaust tube but I didnt know to plant a bomb. *shurg* LOL!
 alleycat
03-28-2002, 4:26 PM
Im under the room. Plant bombs, until the thing blows up. Then what? how do i go up back into red room? Also am i still supposed to get killed in that room when the flying dumpster comes? im just stuck no way back up. i think plse help!

Im not much of a gamer
 ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 4:29 PM
edited
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by alleycat
Im under the room. Plant bombs, until the thing blows up. Then what? how do i go up back into red room? Also am i still supposed to get killed in that room when the flying dumpster comes? im just stuck no way back up. i think plse help!

Im not much of a gamer

There is a small lift in there that takes you back up into the red room.
 marklar
03-28-2002, 6:53 PM
"<i>ride the cart to the end of the first turn, the cart will turn right, on the left hand side are some lights and a place you can jump to, go in there....</i>"

Thanks! :rolleyes:
 Fission
03-28-2002, 6:59 PM
marklar, you really can't miss the place. :D
 Shrike09
03-28-2002, 10:34 PM
The mine cart that is on the electrical track... how do you get it to move? it just sits there.

:swear:
 Hell Raiser
03-28-2002, 10:58 PM
I spent a good half hour tryin to figure out what to do.

Your hints have helped premature hair loss! :D

Thankies!
 huesmann
03-29-2002, 12:30 AM
This part was really basic, once I figured out how to get in that tunnel. No explosives needed--just shoot the four red pillars on the outside, then when the electric field goes out shoot the center red thing (the one that gets raised). Then the next time a cart comes, stand on it and get lifted up. Getting on a cart is easy; just jump on the frame in that room and drop down onto the next cart that comes along. No loss of health, no fus, no muss.
 Tasuki
03-29-2002, 12:52 AM
heres a run down on my experience in this level. 20 minutes searching for a way out discover damn ledge. Figure out need to ride cart. Red thing kills me try again. Go outside of door to jump fall off about 7 times get on bout 4 but get knocked off by stupid cart. give up run around a bit find pipe go in there die. Go back in die. GIve up come here. THis happened in about and hour to 2 times. I was so damn close too.
 BJP3E
03-29-2002, 2:50 AM
Call m stupid if you like but I dont have a clue still

what 2 posts I know whats making noise yet thre is no way in it

can somone give more detailed explanation
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-29-2002, 2:59 AM
Originally posted by Shrike09
The mine cart that is on the electrical track... how do you get it to move? it just sits there.

:swear:

You're in a different area altogether- you sound like you're at the end of the map... just jump in the cart, face down the tunnel and use the panel on the cart.
 bunnymud
03-29-2002, 5:56 AM
ok........point me in a general direction after I open the prison doors

I am as lost as a goose in a parade of bulls
 na der Exar Kun
03-29-2002, 11:01 AM
an general information about me: Iґm a german, so my english is not very good, but I hope you will understand it

now the way:
when you are in the station, where you locked off these doors you had to go down the stairs to 2 doors. the left door goes to the highest level of the prison, the other ones (on the right side in a room. go in and shoot down the stromtroopers. then a prisoner talk to you. there is a big door, go through. now you are in a TIE-hangar. fight. there are some doors, locked and unlocked. go in some unlocked door and take a look around, then go again in the hangar and look up to the wall. you will see lifts which take you to upper floors. then go in unlocked doors and look out for a good way up.
i hope this will help you a bit.
 t3rr0r
03-29-2002, 4:10 PM
what am i supposed to be doing in the caves full of bugs?
 Lord Slart
03-29-2002, 6:35 PM
Go through the tunnels till you see a crawl space out. There are some troopers in there. i got through this but got stuck after. went thru doors cleared left side and went thru right up stairs but the door is locked. Found way back to hanger but am stumped now where do I find Commanding Officer with Key to exit? Please help!!! Going mad running round and round. Cool game though.
 Boomer_941
03-30-2002, 12:37 AM
Ok i'm stuck now, i'min the mine after meeting up with the prisoners and go though the vents i get to the big vent, but when ever i try to jump from one little pointy thing to another i loose health and i'm dead by the time i get to the bottom :( there are 3 otehr vents at teh top but there indestructable
 don.henley
03-30-2002, 12:03 PM
hast ne pm bekommen!
 CGameProgrammer
03-30-2002, 1:17 PM
Why does this game have such obscure puzzles? I wish they were a little more logical and clear. I definitely would have *never* found that pipe if it wasn't for this guide. And it doesn't really make sense why it extends...

It's a good thing you do this, ChengKahn - especially the hint/answer idea you're trying out... for the previous puzzles, the hints were enough, but for this one, I needed the actual blatant answer.
 Angelous
03-30-2002, 1:52 PM
I am at the part in Artus mine where they told me to go persuade the head officer to open the hangar door. Im in the room with all tie fighters but I am stuck once gain! What do i do?
 hipcheck
03-30-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm having one stupid problem on this level...

how do you turn off the automated guns on the monorail track? once I get in there and blow the little space rats away, I get my booty blown off by those guns =(

thanks!
 hipcheck
03-31-2002, 4:00 AM
ah, you can blast those turrets to hell.

now I'm onto saving the prisoners from that row of snipers. tough work!
 bloke
03-31-2002, 10:17 AM
Ok, im at the ledge by the big doors that let the trams out, past the imperial guards and the crate, but the sloping ledge (on the left as you face the doors) is too low to jump from and i cannot reach the tram. What to do?

Thanks

MArtin
Page: 1 of 1