Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strategy Guide #2: The Red Room on Artus Mine (SPOILERS!!!)

Page: 1 of 2
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 7:18 PM
A note about the posts I will try to continue to make under the title "Strategy Guide"... I will try to provide clues at the top of the post, then outright answers at the bottom. So as you're reading it, you can stop when you think you've read enough and can figure the rest out for yourself....

So, that red room on the first artus mine level, where the carts come in, the room turns red and you die. A lot of people have trouble with this one, it is a bit obscure.

First hint: Don't try to approach the room directly, look for another way in.

Second hint: Make sure to look through the security cameras.

Third and final hint: Look around outside and see if you see/hear anything unusual.

Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.
 acdcfanbill
04-02-2002, 7:30 PM
:mad: d'oh!
uhh, spoiler below:D
i hopped on the outgoing door and waited outside til the red was done, then hopped on the cart on the outside... i had to re-load a lot of times... well, i guess this seems easier... grrrr
 GuardianOfRlyeh
04-03-2002, 8:58 AM
oh yes, this "entrance" into the room is difficult to find....I felt off there and found it by accident *g*

But it is a really cool puzzle, in my opinion :)
 ninruiner
04-03-2002, 2:00 PM
I tried that but i could not figure out how to get out of that room.

I ended up waiting at the door to the red room and when a cart entered waited until the room was done turning red. Then using the few seconds that are left, i hop onto the ledge outside the door the cart exits on being careful not to get smushed by the closing door. When a new car exits, i can jump onto it.

I am interested on how to exit the room below the red room.
 Larothian
04-03-2002, 5:13 PM
What I did was to wait for the red light to go off, run in room and hop up on door that opens where the cart exits room. This prevents the door from closing by standing in the way. The next cart comes in and you are safe while the red light goes on. Wait for the cart to come through and hop on.
 Sirusdv
04-06-2002, 6:37 PM
i can get on it and ride the tram tili getto the place were they dump stuff into lava but theres a shield there that i cannot pass and it screws everything up!
 brimagick
04-07-2002, 1:07 PM
As an alternate means of entry to the Red Room on Artus Prime one can wait at the main door while the "process" inside performs (where the red light flashes and death is inevitable for all inside).

As soon as that ends, run into the room and jump ONTO the opening where the mining car is leaving (easier to do in 3rd person mode). Stand on the ledge outside, let the doors close (with you outside on the ledge) and wait for the next mining car to enter.

When that car is leaving, stand in the middle of the ledge, and jump. You should with enough patience be able to jump directly onto the mining car.

BSM
 Emon
04-08-2002, 1:28 AM
What your SUPPOSED to do is:

1. Wait for the pipe that extends to let out the steam from the red room, the jump onto it, then when it retracts jump onto the ledge below it.

2. Go in through the pipe, and when you reach the small room underneath the red room, blast all the conduits with your blaster to avoid getting fried. Then jump on that little elevator thing to get out.

3. When a cart comes in, walk up on one of those diagonal supports and hop on it.
 Octavius
04-08-2002, 3:55 AM
To get out from below the red room, you don't actually "get out" so to speak. The little platform that lifts, and lowers in the process or turning the room red, once you stop the process, wait. The platform will lower far enough for you to stand on it. Once on it, it will lift you right into the room.... The rest you know, get on cart, through doors, blah blah blah.
 pleasedie
04-08-2002, 7:28 AM
jumping puzzles were already tiresome at the time of Duke Nukem 1. What were the design goals you were trying to meet by including things THAT "obscure?" I wasted 3 hours on that...

Otherwise, good game.
 [KUS]Betrunken
04-08-2002, 11:43 AM
SPOILER BELOW
`
`
`
`
``

`
`
`
`
`
`
``
`
`
`
`
`
`

`
`To exit the room below the red room, after you disable the "red" part of the machine.... the grid and hen the actual machine, u can stand on the center sircle and ride it up into the room when it goes up.

You dont ride the car all the way to the blue shield, look along the way for somewhere else to get off the cart, that the cart gives u the ability to reach that u previsouly could not.
 Radian
04-08-2002, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Sirusdv
i can get on it and ride the tram tili getto the place were they dump stuff into lava but theres a shield there that i cannot pass and it screws everything up!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET PASSED IT.:confused:
 GrandMoffSmokin
04-08-2002, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by ninruiner

I am interested on how to exit the room below the red room.

Once you destroyed everything you can destroy in that room, it's safe for you to stand around and, ooh, let's say, ride an elevator-like object. ;)
 |sYn|G.O.D.
04-08-2002, 5:34 PM
I honestly would have never figured that out. Maybe in like a week or two, maybe more. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. I can play again.
 CaptainNemo
04-08-2002, 5:52 PM
As for people who got past the red room and are happily riding a mine cart until you get shoved off by a shield, Get off at the entrance that is right around the corner. You'll know you are in the right place if you are in dark tunnels with green crystals.
 LessThanJake
04-08-2002, 8:54 PM
Stupid me did it the ol' "no pain no gain" method. With JUST ENOUGH bacta pacs, I hopped on, waited for the heat, healed accordingly and left with 20 health...
 Goumindong
04-08-2002, 11:46 PM
but did you have enough bacta for the long tube that you have to hop/jump down and use up all of your bacta, or is there some other way down?
 MasTa__WarRior
04-09-2002, 12:14 AM
when =/ i wana use my force :mad:
 Makkoan
04-09-2002, 8:44 PM
An easier way to get on the mine cart is to jump up onto the frame thingy above you, then just drop down.
 ibobb7
04-09-2002, 10:17 PM
In the red room, i ran in and got locked in. So I dropped onto the cart and the heat came on, but I kept using bacta, then it turned off adn I escaped with only 1 HP and no shields!! I think I'm the only one to survive the red room while it was turned on.
 magician
04-09-2002, 11:19 PM
:mad: hey, im at the same puzzel, and im about to do what u said sticky, but what are the batteries for ne way??
 GrandMoffSmokin
04-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Those are for your light amplification googles. The one you find in the very first level (in the crate in the room with the 'goink' droid and the elevator that takes you to a very dark room). You require the googles when you step off the cart into a dark mineshaft, slightly lid by the green crystals.

Remember that you (should) have two googles. One that has a blue light and one that has an orange light. With the orange one you can still shoot, with the blue one you can zoom in and out (when pressing the fire button or alternate fire). Use the orange one in the mineshaft.
 GUNNER
04-11-2002, 12:18 AM
How in the hell am I supposed to get on the cart? I'm standing in the room up on the highest part of the ledge and when the cart starts to leave I jump but I can never seem to make it.. I either get squashed or pushed out the door.

I am going crazy.:D
 majick
04-11-2002, 1:18 AM
How in the hell am I supposed to get on the cart?
Climb up the light fixtures that overhang the cart. Then you can just hop down whenever a cart shows up beneath you.
 GUNNER
04-11-2002, 3:51 AM
Sweet, thanks for the tip. And welcome to the forums.:D
 Huw
04-11-2002, 4:54 PM
I've managed to get on the Cart, but I don't understand what you mean by shooting everything, the using the escalator thing??

I'm currently getting as far as the blue force field and then try shooting everything I've got a nd just get the dame carts staking up behind me.

How do I get the force field down ? Or is there another way in, the other door heading in that direction on the main floor area is locked. I've been at it for hours.... PLease help someone..

I look forward to any assistance.

May the force be with you :)

Huw Davies
 GUNNER
04-11-2002, 9:59 PM
I just got past this today.. :D You have got inside the red room and are on top of the cart?

If yes then ride the cart out the door and when it gets to the corner and turns and you are still in the cavern part look to the left. There will be an opening with green crytals and some lights.

Jump off the cart onto the ledge and then go exploring.
 TyranT@Umbrella
04-12-2002, 9:55 AM
SPOILER ALARM!!!
When the door to the redroom opends go into it and make sure you have 3 Bactadrinks and about 60 Health and 30 Shields. When the red light begins wait until your health is below 25. Now use the Bactadrinks every 2 seconds. So you will survive the deadly redlight! But I tried it a several times but i was only able to survive with 1 Health! This was my method! Because i didnґt know about the better, easier ways! c3=)
 SolidSnake
04-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Hm... i unload my thermal detonators on the 4 conduits on the wall... then get redded to death... what am i missing?
 GUNNER
04-14-2002, 2:38 AM
You also need to take out the center pilar as well as the 4 pipes on the walls.
 thrEEpaGe
04-15-2002, 10:56 AM
hahaha

i went through that room with much less impunity =)))

what i did was run into the room and then climbed onto the angled bars above the cart thingy.....i then climbed on top of the floating thing and waited for myself to get melted.....lol i used bacta and hten just rode it on out of there.....

i did notice the pipe, but i didnt try shutting down the process hte first time i played it (padawan) on master i discovered that i had to =)
 MMP
04-16-2002, 3:06 AM
I also "toughed it out". I spent forever trying to find a way down into the room below, but I gave up on the pipe because I'd try to walk along it and I would fall off when it retracted. So I climbed on top of a cart and bacta'd myself and managed to get away with 20 health (regular Jedi Knight difficulty). I then played through the rest of the level :)
 Gummy
04-16-2002, 3:13 AM
Lol, I never thought to heal my self :p
That is really smart.
 Iceickle
04-16-2002, 6:57 AM
Hmmmm its really weird seeing ppl come up with all these other strategies that are next to impossible, when the real path is easy...for all you ppl still stuck (how..?) heres how i did it

SPOILER BELOW

ok that should be enough space :D

Ok, you are in the red room, go through the 2 doors to get into another room, and then there is another door to lead you outside. you can see the carts going into the room, and when does, stand between the two little prongs with lights on them, and you will see a tube coming out as the red lights go on in the original room. hop down onto the tube, and make your way backwards and onto the ledge. once the pipe goes back in again, hop inside the tube, and make your way along to the room beneath the red room.
Watch out here, becuase if the red lights are on, you can be killed below aswell. place some charges around the central pillar thingo, or just shoot all the pipes in there, and this will disable the red lights of death. the platform still moves, and you can now use this to get into the red room, for all the people who didnt know how to get back up.
Now just go up onto the lighting fixtures in the red room, and wait for a cart. jump down onto one, and cruise around the corner, and JUMP OFF into the green area on your left. i have no idea how people missed this, and thought you had to get through the blue force field!!! anyway, there you go :D happy sabering !
 Mandalorian
04-17-2002, 2:29 PM
I got past the red room the right way :P but cannot get past the last tunnel the cart goes to.

I have goten physically past the blue barrier and am watching the cart cart go into another tunnel and the place is shaking apart (big thumps and shakes). I cannot follow the cart since I can't quite jump into the tunnel and can find no other way into it.

I have done all of the above to find a way thru. Been in the green crystal mines, thrown all switches I can find, shot about everything, and have goone back into areas already done.

Ideas?
 MasterJoel
04-18-2002, 9:27 AM
You've exhausted this part of the level.

There should be a door that will take you back to the main floor. You know the one where you started this part. Now, go back up the elevator you used before. Turn right and go into the control room. There should be three doors to this room. One is the door you come through. The next is the way out onto the catwalk. The last is where you want to go. If you found this room earlier, Kyle says something about wondering where the Tram car is.
 ChiefJustice
04-25-2002, 7:49 AM
I AM SO STUCK AT DIS POINT. I GOT A REAL DODGEY VIDEO CARD WHICH DOESN'T DISPLAY THE POSTS SO I DONT KNOWN WHERE TO STAND AND WHERE THE PIPE RETRACTS. PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE TO POST A SCREENSHOT OF WHERE TO STAND, AND WHERE THE PIPE RETRACTS:(.

SORRY ABOUT DIS, BUT I BEEN TRYIN FOR HOURS, AND MY VID CARD IS REAL DODGEY. IF U HELP ME OUT, UR A LEGEND:)
 Demolisher
04-28-2002, 7:39 PM
Well I'm playing the game for the 2nd time and am at this point, and guess what! The lift went up so fast that I couldn't destroy the center red hot thing! :mad: Raven, between this game constantly freezing and with how ridiculously hard this game is, I am starting to hate you! I am so glad Ritual is doing Elite Force 2, I hope they do a JK2 mission pack or something
 WGerrard
05-27-2002, 4:05 PM
:)

Cheers guys, I was stuck on this for ages.
 astroman
05-31-2002, 4:29 AM
Thank you!!
I spent the entire evening mucking around and getting fried a million times. Was not a pleasant experience.
 Chrisivx
06-04-2002, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Goumindong
but did you have enough bacta for the long tube that you have to hop/jump down and use up all of your bacta, or is there some other way down?

if that's after you rescued the prisoners, there shoud be a switch somewhere to turn on the fan. Fall slowly.
 Buncy The Frog
06-06-2002, 9:22 PM
No offense, but that part was pretty easy!
Spoiler below.... but it's been repeated like 50 times above

The way I did it, an easy way too, was to wait untill red went away, ran thru room, and jumped on closing door. It hurts, yes, but bacta tanks are nice, very nice. The red wont hurt you, and you can simply hop on without the door opening suddenly and you not timing it correctly. Oh, you dont need the gogles for the cave, alothough they are usefull:cool:
 batoonga
06-08-2002, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
:mad: d'oh!
uhh, spoiler below:D
i hopped on the outgoing door and waited outside til the red was done, then hopped on the cart on the outside... i had to re-load a lot of times... well, i guess this seems easier... grrrr
i actaully did the right thing but i cannot get on the carts, how do u do that??????????????
:confused: :confused:
 Chrisivx
06-08-2002, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian

I have goten physically past the blue barrier and am watching the cart cart go into another tunnel and the place is shaking apart (big thumps and shakes). I cannot follow the cart since I can't quite jump into the tunnel and can find no other way into it.

Seems like you've found a bug if you got through the force field as that's not possible. When the mine is shaking up you are near the end of the level, and you've missed a huge chunk, so something's gone wrong.
In the crystal mines u find a machine with 2 dead people lying beside it. Activate it to get out.
hope that helped,
Chris:)
 Chrisivx
06-08-2002, 2:32 PM
climb up one of the steep pole things on the other side of the room from the door (there are two of them) and when a cart comes in you can drop onto it from there.
 DellisTantor
06-09-2002, 1:34 AM
This was alot easier. Thank you.:atat:
 Killer_KF
06-09-2002, 2:00 AM
Hey,

I survived inside of it. You can use bacta canisters. Get full shield and health and get ur bacta canisters ready. The red turned on and I just used my bacta canisters. I survived with like 10 health. I didnt even know you could turn the red off. I just survived the whole thing.
 GoneFishing
06-16-2002, 10:19 AM
;) i got under the red room but i couldnt find out what to do next, so instead i went on and did it the way ,acdcfanbill, did. i knew it had to be wrong because i seem a little cheap. anyway after reading this i think ill go back and solve the puzzle.
 teutonicknight
06-22-2002, 6:49 AM
Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.

Umm... what catwalk? Could some one provide a screen shot of the cat walk and two posts? Thanks.

-teutonicknight:saberb:

:duel: :lsduel:
 legameboy
06-22-2002, 8:51 AM
ill send u a screen if you tell me how, deal?
:cool:
Page: 1 of 2