Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strategy Guide #2: The Red Room on Artus Mine (SPOILERS!!!)

Page: 2 of 2
 teutonicknight
06-23-2002, 6:32 AM
Um.. ok.

If I ever figure out how...:confused:

-teutonicknight :saberb:
 teutonicknight
06-25-2002, 6:56 AM
ill send u a screen if you tell me how, deal?

You don't have to, I figured it out on my own.:)
 legameboy
06-26-2002, 6:39 AM
that's good, but just tell me how to put screens
:confused:
 teutonicknight
06-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Um... you can press PrtScn/SysRq (it's next to F12 and ScrLk), then exit JK 2, then paste into a picture program like MS Paint. Also, you can can take a screen shot without the hud by opening up the console and typing in "levelshot" (no quotes).:cool:

-teutonicknight :saberb:

:atat:
 Darth_Joha
06-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm noticing that there are a LOT of posts here showing that many people aren't bothering to actually check these boards, or even this thread, before posting a question. There's no reason why the exact same 3 answers (taking the pipe to destroy the machinery below, using bacta in the red room, jumping on the cart from fixtures outside) should be repeated over and over.

If you're stuck, please read the existing posts first. If you have an answer, please read them as well.

Sorry to be critical, but it's a pet peeve.. :-)

DJ
 tafferdogg
07-27-2002, 2:57 PM
Thanks for the clues...I needed all of them :(
 jd91651
08-17-2002, 2:41 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
:mad: d'oh!
uhh, spoiler below:D
i hopped on the outgoing door and waited outside til the red was done, then hopped on the cart on the outside... i had to re-load a lot of times... well, i guess this seems easier... grrrr

That's funny I did it this way too (2 out of the 4 times I went through the game)
What a PAIN in the NECK.
Way easier finding and going through the pipe to the room underneath.
 Rebornґs Bane
08-29-2002, 1:16 PM
Well, I feel better! I thought I was the only one who lost hours on that particular puzzle!

Donґt suffer, at least itґs the only hard puzzle of the entire game
 Qtronkan
11-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Greetings.
Im on mission 2. At the carts. I think everybody had a problem getting on from here. I have managed to destroy the 4 reactors but its still running, and I canґt come up.
If anyone is reading this. Please help me.
I really want to meet Luke and get my lightsabre. :p

Thank you
 Cygnusx3
01-24-2003, 9:46 PM
Interesting how this all works. I had little trouble with the red room having discovered the "pipe" (though I hadn't identified it as such) early on by acident. I never figured out how to disable the center radiation pillar but still managed to escape with half my health points by scurrying back into the tube around the bend until the radiation stopped. I had noticed the escape route from the tram earlier and was looking for it so that wasn't a problem. Brilliant, just brilliant. Now I am at the tram car where the oddessy essentially started and can't for the life of me figure out how to get it moving! Since NO ONE has talked about that, I figure it must be the easiest thing in the world - but it ain't for me!javascript:smilie(':confused:')
 Cygnusx3
01-24-2003, 9:54 PM
Never mind. I feel so foolish.
 muscat
02-13-2003, 3:35 PM
I need some help. I am done with the red room, and im through the crystal gaits. I have also been in the huge hangar, and all cells have opened. The next object is to free the miners, but i don't how i am getting down to them, I have search all over the place, where i can get, but i can still not find a way down to the mines. Please help me!!!:jawa :x-wing: :usa: :saberr: :lsduel:
 muscat
02-14-2003, 7:22 AM
It's okay now, i have found the way
 jedimaster
02-27-2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Sirusdv
i can get on it and ride the tram tili getto the place were they dump stuff into lava but theres a shield there that i cannot pass and it screws everything up!

The thing is there is this ledge after the cart turns you jump on that ledge.
 Kurgan
03-28-2003, 11:06 AM
To the guy asking how to take screenshots above, here's an easier way:

Bring down the console (hold shift, press tilde key, that's the one to the left of "1") then type:

bind f12 screenshot

Then just tap "F12" every time you want to take a screenshot (you can use any key in place of f12).

They appear as jpeg files in your base/screenshots/ directory.
 Darth Zanatos
04-08-2003, 4:37 PM
HaHa! The first time I got here I was stuck. So I went and started the game over, got back there with full bacta's and endured the pain. By the way, this refers to the room with radiation.

Oh! By the way, I'm new. What are points and credits?(I know I should look somewhere else, but since i'm here...)
 WarHamr
05-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! I bought the game this morning, and I hadnt had many problems considering this is the first star wars game I had played, but when I did finally find myself wandering around with nothing to do, I went to ASK JEEVES found this site and it got me through it in about an hour. I am in the crystal tunnels now, and with your help I am progressing, I am addicted allready.

Thanks Again,

WarHamsta
 RaVen0us
10-10-2003, 6:22 PM
I have been doing that the whole time, and I haven't been able to get on the pipe, I always fall in the green stuff.
 outrageousmagic
07-28-2004, 5:09 PM
I have gotton past the "red room" and am now searching for the base commander, If anyone could help me out I'd be grateful.

Thanks
 Leonardo92
10-10-2004, 5:19 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
A note about the posts I will try to continue to make under the title "Strategy Guide"... I will try to provide clues at the top of the post, then outright answers at the bottom. So as you're reading it, you can stop when you think you've read enough and can figure the rest out for yourself....

So, that red room on the first artus mine level, where the carts come in, the room turns red and you die. A lot of people have trouble with this one, it is a bit obscure.

First hint: Don't try to approach the room directly, look for another way in.

Second hint: Make sure to look through the security cameras.

Third and final hint: Look around outside and see if you see/hear anything unusual.

Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.
 Leonardo92
10-10-2004, 5:29 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
:mad: d'oh!
uhh, spoiler below:D
.All I did was go to lucasarts.com and get all the featured cheat codes. One lets you fly and go through walls. I guess I can give it to you, but you have to copy it exactly. First you have to press shift and ~ to bring down the command screen. Then type HELPUSOBI 1. After that type NOCLIP. These are for the PC, but they have other codes at lucasarts.com. :-}
i hopped on the outgoing door and waited outside til the red was done, then hopped on the cart on the outside... i had to re-load a lot of times... well, i guess this seems easier... grrrr
Page: 2 of 2