Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Models I am waiting for

Page: 1 of 1
 x-naga
03-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Bobba Fett - You gotta make this!
Darth maul - This too with the double saber

These have been made for Q3A is it possible to use them? by importing the models in to the dir?
 Jimos
03-27-2002, 1:54 AM
Hehe...with you on Boba Fett but i would like to see a Darth Vader instead of Maul
 UniKorn
03-27-2002, 4:10 AM
You can convert them from q3 to jk2, you just need to change some of the animations or even add some animations.
 JediDante
03-28-2002, 5:56 AM
You can convert them from q3 to jk2, you just need to change some of the animations or even add some animations.

Hey man! Thats what I want to do! If someone could point me the right way and tell me how to start! I will start converting models.
 UniKorn
03-28-2002, 10:16 AM
I think you'll just have to wait a little longer until the gdk comes out :-)
 stevegek
03-28-2002, 10:58 AM
When is the editor coming?

By the way:
Boba Fett :fett:
Darth Vader:vadar:
C3P0 c3;)
R2D2 :bdroid1:
Princess Leia
Emperor :bdroid1:
Royal guard :guard:
snow trooper :snow:
battle droid :bdroid2:
Speeder trooper :speeder:

CU!
 Tigris
03-28-2002, 9:50 PM
After just testing JK2 I have only one thing to say: Good Luck!

Forget the conversion, there are just too many new animations.
Sorry to spoil it but it's simply impossible :(
 UniKorn
03-29-2002, 4:03 AM
Ever heard of skeletal animation?
 Havikar
03-30-2002, 2:13 AM
dude , i know a one but probally vary few have actually heard of her , but I realy realy realy want a Tenel Ka model, and her rancor tooth light saber with the grey blade. *drools*
 ]-UnderTOW-[
03-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by UniKorn

No, you can't convert model files straight from quake 3 to JK2 model format. JK2 uses skeletal animation, q3a uses vertex animation. You'd have to get the model into a 3d modeller and apply a skeleton.
 Woad
03-31-2002, 8:15 PM
EU Models are what I can't wait for!

Like the guys from Rogue and Wraith Squadrons, the Solo kids, and the famous Jedi apprentices from the Jedi Academy.
 Prophet
03-31-2002, 8:34 PM
Mr Purple Lightsaber himself, Mace Windu :)
 sabowan
03-31-2002, 9:45 PM
I'm certainly not an editing expert, but couldn't most human characters just be accomplished by using a different skin instead of a whole new model. Anyway, something that should be pretty easy is to make different Luke skins (ex: X-Wing Pilot Luke, Bespin Luke, Hoth Luke, etc.) instead of everyone having to use Jedi Luke. That would be cool. Hmmm...what else? Obviously, Vader, Emperor, Han, Leia, a Chewbacca model, etc. etc. SOOOO many skins, so little time. :)
 Mormon0Spino
03-31-2002, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking about making a George Lucas model, BUT my experience with 3-D modeling is exclusively Hash Animation Master, not games. I could make a low-res model, with a skin, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea in how to convert the *.mdl model file, *.act action file, or *.BMP to the necessary game file type. I'm not getting the game til' Monday or Tuesday, so anything involving poly-counts, texture qualities, etc. is currently foreign to me. If someone gave me the specs on how many polys a character normally has, I'd be more than happy to build one. Heck I'd even try to make a Boba or Jango model.:bored:
Page: 1 of 1