Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Break out

Page: 1 of 2
 Deac
12-04-2001, 3:37 PM
Here's the setup:
The party is trapped in the Imperial prison on Kopla 5, a barren, volcanic world. They start with no items except a prison uniform, and a ysalimiri field is in place to stop the use of force powers.
The party must escape.

Rules:
You don't need fancy RPG stats to play, just post:
Name:
Race:
Why they are in the prison(nothing too grand)
Two special skills. (Jedi Skills are inactive, so players who wish to be Jedis may use that as a skill, but cannot use it until the field is down)

No godmoding(Cheating)
No killing other players in one post. Try not to fight at all. We're all trying to break out.

I'll start off:

Deac Starkiller, Human
In for working as a "Rebel Terrorist" and doing the Empire a lot of damage.
Skills: Jedi(Inactive), Hand-to-hand combat

*Crouched against the prison wall, Deac curses his poor luck...*
 Rogue15
12-04-2001, 3:49 PM
Kioet Csuhen, Human

Former Imperial Commando (shadows of the empire kind), in for hijacking an All Terrain Armored Transport, and assault on its commander and drivers (used stun setting).

Skills: stealth and explosives

*Kioet quietly studies his new surroundings*
 Wraith 8
12-04-2001, 4:42 PM
Garik Loran.
Human.

Used to be an actor for the Empire but joined the rebel starfighters. was captured in a bar while under cover.

Skills:
Acting (as in Spoken laguages and body languages) ,Sniper.

*looks around in the group and spots some people who look familiar*

Well...... we got some celebrities here!
 Redwing
12-04-2001, 11:58 PM
AWESOME!!!! HEY DEAC!!!! *waves madly* ;) Welcome to my world.

Name: Termand Rwos
Race: Terran Gargoyle
In for: Aiding and abetting the actions of known criminal Deac Starkiller
Two special skills: Limited use of magic, extremely skilled with blade weapons

*Rwos begins to wake up, having been knocked unconscious* Uuuuugghhh....what happened? *looks at Deac* They got you too...damn. *feels for his sabers* Damn! They took all my stuff! *eyes widen* My teleporter! *jumps up, then staggers with a woozy look on his face* Ugh. I need that thing if I'm ever supposed to get home. *feels clothing* Well, they took all my explosizes, and my lightstaffs, and...*swears* they took the medallion I need to keep from turning to stone in daylight. This isn't good. *a look of delight appears as he feels his ponytail and removes the headband* Excellent...I still have my backup saber. *grins and unfolds the metal band to reveal a small crystal dangling from it, then fols it into a semi-cylindrical shape. A sort of bright white, sparkling mercury-like fluid flows upwards from the struts to form a sold saber handle* I love nanotechnology.
 Wraith 8
12-05-2001, 12:40 PM
But sir.... you cant use that with your force powers. when they brought me in i saw what looked like ysalamiri... and that means we got some famous jedi among us which the empire would love to stay with them for a while so im not sure it would help you a lot...... but we can use it to defend our self.... if i could only get a blaster..... im a crack shot.
 Deac
12-05-2001, 3:35 PM
*Starts whistling the theme to "The Great Escape"

[To Party] Well, it seems we all want out of this hellhole. The problem is that guards constantly patrol the walls, the huts are scanned each night, and there's a 50 feet wall beneath the surface. Oh, yeah, there's an imperial garrison and all. Suggestions? Rwos, that saber won't work in the huts or the yard. *Points to big cylinder in centre* That's an energy dampener.
 Rogue15
12-06-2001, 10:46 PM
*Kioet notices an imperial fleet trooper walking down the hall* "Hey, GUARDBOY! You dropped something!" *Fleet Trooper continues walking*
 Redwing
12-07-2001, 4:27 AM
*Rwos ignores Kioet* What now, then? I can't escape now, it's still daylight. It must be the energy dampner inside here that's keeping the solar enery from transforming me to stone.
 S1DC
12-07-2001, 4:09 PM
Krea T'mRek stares into one of the cell windows of the jail.

One of these men is who i search for... i can feel it.

Krea steps over the body of the guard he just killed and walks towards the jail.

this should prove... interesting.
 Rogue15
12-07-2001, 4:19 PM
*Kioet quickly gets on his feet and gazes into the stranger's mask*

'he acts familiar', kioet thinks to himself, 'like I've known him before. no...it couldn't be...could it?

Hey, you! Let us out of here, will ya?
 S1DC
12-07-2001, 4:28 PM
yes. its him. Its kioet.

Krea: Take this

Krea hands Kioet a lightsaber.

Krea: When you hear the intruder alarm, activate this. the Dampener will be down. Use it to fend off the guards you encounter.

Krea begins to walk away, then stops:

Krea: Make sure that winged inmate does not get out with you. I have no time to deal with him.
 Rogue15
12-07-2001, 4:34 PM
*Kioet, takes the lightsaber without saying a word. And gives Krea a quick salute.*

then whispers "Thank you, sir." and stands to the left side of the cell door, waiting for the alarm to go off.
 Deac
12-07-2001, 5:33 PM
*After several days of no hope and only plans the party has are still in the planning stage, Deac becomes restless. One night, he leaps out of his bunk in the party's hut and stomps to the locked door*

[To Party] That's it! I'm getting out of this hellhole even if I die to do it!

*Begins to punch door. Dents begin to appear near the locking mechanism*
 S1DC
12-07-2001, 5:46 PM
Krea T'mRek pulls out a foot long daggar and approches the first guard. He quietly slits the guards throat and move on to the main enterance. 2 turrets on either side of the door, and 4 guards. two standing in front, and two pacing back and forth past each other 10 feet in front of the others. Krea removes two throwing knifes, and, with dealy presicion, nails thme both simulatneously on the motion sensor. The two guards closest to the turrets look up and begin to cry out to the pacing guards- but they both hit the ground before they can utter a single word from thier mouth. Each is impaled between the eyes with a 5 point throwing star. The 2 guards pacing turn toward the falling bodies just as they hit the ground, then they too are falling: Each with the same style 5 point star in lodged under the back edge of thier helments, right into the spinal cord.

that took too long... thinks Krea. He looks at his holowatch- 5 seconds have passed. could have done it in three.

Krea begins walking toward the door. behind it is the first checkpoint of the jail. After that, the Energy Dampener controls.
 Wraith 8
12-07-2001, 7:20 PM
*Garik Loran looks arround at all the comotion*

Is there annything that can do...... i have acting skills..... so ... please let me help out here..... i owe it to my squadron.
 S1DC
12-07-2001, 11:40 PM
Krea walks past the smoldering wreckage of the checkpoint he just passed. the laser turrets inside fired at him- and hit each other. maybe i should run slower to make things fair... not even using force, and i still get by. Shows how the imperials have slacked off.

Krea walks into the control room. no one is here. He reaches over and disables the Dampner Feild. But the wrong alarm sounds!

They switched the controls. Interesting. Aparently the room they kept ysalimiri in was a torture room.

Krea smiled as he felt the force flow through his body once again... the ysalimiri field buzzed to a complete stop. Krea smashed the control panel.

Rioet will be better off now. He is stonger in the force than in his saber skills.
Krea becomes translucent as he walks forward
and Rwos is still helpless. Force blindness must be... annoying.

As Krea walks out of the room, a peice of sheet metal falls from the ceiling: and hits the cell release button for cell #157 b. Rwos cell.
 Rogue15
12-07-2001, 11:57 PM
*Kioet feels the force flowing through him, and quickly activates his red lightsaber and cuts down the door to his cell, and steps out, then deactivates the saber*

Excellent. *Kioet bends down and takes the helmet off the imperial fleet trooper's head, and puts it on. Then takes the dead fleet trooper's chestplate, puts it on. Then searches the trooper, and finds a keycard* Perfect. This should be my ticket out of here.
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 3:38 AM
*Rwos looks up as alarms beep loudly* Wha...what's going on? *the cell door opens, and Rwos dives eagerly to freedom.

But as he got through the door, he realized something was wrong. The energy dampner field ahead of him was no longer glowing, and the evening sun was shining bright in the sky above him. Instinctively he clutched at his chest where his medallion usually rested, but in the same instant already knew that it was gone. Rwos turned and began to run, but knows he is already too late, and he made have just made his final mistake.

Deac Starkiller steps through his newly opened door only to see a stone statue frozen in motion in front of him.*
 S1DC
12-08-2001, 10:51 AM
With the dampner feild down and ysalimiri dead, Krea is at full power. he walks through the halls of the jail, and watches the inmates as he passes them. They can not see him, however, unless they have force sight.

Suddenly one man speaks up: Hey! You! let me out! help! please!

Krea turns to him. A birght flash bursts forth in the room, a dark blue lightstaff burns into existance, and sipns with in-human speed through the steel cell door, and through the torso of the man in the cell. Just as the blade leaves his body, two more blades activate on the saber. The 4 blades, which are set in an x shape, begin spinning so fast thier energy patters flow together and form a shield, which then flys down the hallway at the speed of sound. As it moves, it destroys 13 guards, each left in a smoldering heap. The lightcross stops ded in its path, lebitates, then shoot back in the other direction. krea flips backwards, catches the saber in his left hand, deactivates it, and becomes visible. Only Krea's custom built saber could do that... and only his had no controls at all on it. It was controled purly but his will.

[note from the RPer: I stuck that thing about how the saber works so none of you people who have not read my previous RPs won't try and steal it.]

Then Krea sees it, at the end of the hall. Rwos. made of stone. Krea walks forward and begins steping over the guards ashes toward it, when rioet suddenly steps out of a cell with another inmate...
 Rogue15
12-08-2001, 11:58 AM
Hey, Loran, you might do good to put on some guard armor, and start acting.

*Kioet activates his red lightsaber, walks down the hall, halts as he passes Rwos' cell, notices a statue, and force pushes it against the back of the room, and continues moving down the hall, towards the screams, with Garik Loran walking by his left side*
 S1DC
12-08-2001, 12:10 PM
Krea looks at Rioet, then to the stranger.

Who is this. I thought i told you to hurry and leave.
 Rogue15
12-08-2001, 12:16 PM
Well, we don't want the rest to get out, if we go and kill more guards, the prisoners we left back there are going to get out. And come after us, not that it matters, but it'll be less honorable for them to get killed by a green guard than by a saber fight. We'll use Loran as an actor, so we can slip past some of the security, without alerting more guards to our area, and get to your ship. *hands Krea the keycard* Here, this might come in handy.
 S1DC
12-08-2001, 12:22 PM
Krea takes the card and looks at it. He looks up at Rioet. The acrd burst to flames in his hand. I have my own ways of getting through barriers. Krea begins to walk toward the exit.
The Darkness of night falls onto the scene... Rwos stirs.
 Deac
12-08-2001, 12:50 PM
*After a day of chaos, Deac emerges to find Rwos returning to flesh*

Rwos! Thank the force! Here's your amulet. I have my sabers!
*Ingites sabers*

Deac will be free!!!

[To Krea] Who the hell are you?! What do you want?! And why are you trying to kill Rwos, huh?!
 Rogue15
12-08-2001, 1:08 PM
[to deac: read the 'duel of the duals' and you'll understand]
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 1:29 PM
OOS: Er...Rogue15...Termand Rwos has nothing to do with Dan-Re Seyah. :p

*back in story*

As the sun sets, the shadows gather once again around the stone gargoyle standing motionless in the middle of the room. As the sun sets behind the horizon, cracks begin to form on the statue's surface. With a loud roar, Rwos bursts free of his stone skin to see Deac coming up towards him. "Rwos! Thank the force! Here's your amulet. I have my sabers!" says Deac. Rwos looks down at himself, shocked to be in one piece. "I'm...alive?" *Deac hands him a pack with his confisticated items in it, from which Rwos takes his various sabers*

Deac yells towards the man at the end of the room "Who the hell are you?! What do you want?! And why are you trying to kill Rwos, huh?!"

Rwos stares at the stranger, trying to figure out if he'd seen him before.
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 1:43 PM
The cloaked stranger looks up, and Rwos sees his face, covered by a black mask with a blue line cutting through it at eye line. Rwos looks somewhat startled as he recognizes the mask; it is the one worn by an ancient, legendary dark master of the force. Rwos had heard his legend told many times through his travels in this dimension. Always the old folk had spoken of him with fear in their mouths.
 Rogue15
12-08-2001, 1:43 PM
*Kioet disguises himself with the force to look like one of the guards, then activates a full alert security alarm*

That should slow them down, sir. Garik, you better be as good an actor as they say you are, cause you're doing the talking. In about two minutes, every guard on board will be down here.
 S1DC
12-08-2001, 1:46 PM
Krea smile under his mask.

So this is the Dimensional alien i sensed.

Outsider.
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 1:49 PM
Outsider eh? What does that make you? And what do you want with me? *his eyes begin to glow*
 S1DC
12-08-2001, 2:07 PM
I have no time to fight you now. our time will come, when you are ready. Jedi Masters have fallen at my feet. A force-blind earth creature is no match. For now, i will spare you. I have not yet carved your monolith.

Krea Throws Rwos and his freind against the wall in the rear of the cell, and then closes the door. The door heats up around the edges, and is sealed shut.
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 2:15 PM
*Rwos leaps up unfazed, but Deac is knocked unconscious.* What the---Okay, NOW you're dead! *Rwos leaps at the door and tears it off, the newly melded seams still weak, and reaches to his belt and ignites his saber*
 Rogue15
12-08-2001, 2:21 PM
*Kioet turns off the alarm*

There, now they'll think the situation is under control, an Imperial Officer will be down shortly to find out what went wrong.
 Wraith 8
12-08-2001, 7:26 PM
*Garik hears footsteps in the hallway*

Kioet!! give me that blaster. Im a crack shot at this and get down. let me handle this.

*he looks around a cornet and sees one stormie with full gear running towards them and on imperial officer 3 meters in front of him.
Garik stays behind the corner and waits untill the officer comes around. With one smooth grip he grabs the officer by the neck and turns in counter clock wise. the imperial officer falls to the ground just around the corner and is dead. the Stormie didnt see a thing in thathelmet.*

*Garik sets the blaster at stunn. the stormtrooper runs around the corner only able to see right infront of him and not to the sides. he runs past the dead officer and Garik standing against the wall. he sees Kioet. aims.*

BLAST!!!

*A shot was fired. but not from the stormie. he is laying on the ground. and doesnt move at all. he is stunned.*

OK Kioet.. ill get myself in to the imperial officer outfit and you drag that body to the cell ok??
And then we both get the hell out of here!
 Redwing
12-08-2001, 7:38 PM
OOS: Stormies don't see through their "eyeholes", they have holographic displays inside their helmets. But we'll let that slide this time. :D
 Wraith 8
12-08-2001, 8:44 PM
oh... well i gues i did not read that before..... but hey... sorry.
 S1DC
12-09-2001, 10:13 AM
Krea Stops and picks up one of the helmets from a dead storm trooper. He rips the face open and twists the display so he can see it. He smiles under his mask (which he is finding, happens alot on these "vacation missions" he assigns himself) as he sees 4 AT-STs and 2 AT-PTs heading toward the jail. The AT-PT has a full compliment of Dark Troopers.

Krea tosses the helmet aside and becomes translucent. Krea runs out the door, leaving a cloud of dust and debris behind him as bodies fly out of his way and the 7 inch think metal doors all go concave as he passes them.
 Redwing
12-09-2001, 3:28 PM
Rwos simply stares as a "ghost" of his opponent runs out the jail doors. He begins to follow him, but remembers Deac.
 S1DC
12-10-2001, 7:14 AM
If i had 2 cent for every time someone didn;t post in these RPs when hey were supposed to...

R15! POST! POST NOW!
 Deac
12-10-2001, 2:10 PM
You have no idea who you're messing with, punk! This is no mere synthetic jedi you see, but the fabeled Starkiller! From times and places you cannot possibly imagine!
*The sabers float in the air, then unify to become one large golden sword. Deac's eyes glow, and behind him stand the spirts of thousands of beings of races from all of existance. All have glowing eyes. The spirits form into Deac, but he is not the one standing there. It is the avatar. The ancient legends from the forgotten time are true*

STARKILLER: DIE, EVIL!
 S1DC
12-10-2001, 3:47 PM
Krea turns toward the now glowing starkiller.

Krea: Do not be foolish. I am from a time and place far more powerful than this or any other realm. The "ancient legends" you talk of were mere prophocies in my time. Only a slect few being have the will to combat me. amongset them are Kioet, Dan Re, and Tesh'mek deTah. Just you choose the pinacle of your might, i choose the pinacle of my Darkness. and my darkness holds more than just might, it holds speed, aglity, knowledge, and sheer POWER. I've no time for you. You have not yet been MARKED. The scrolls prophecy the ultamate battle between good and evil. but now is not that time, starkiller. Therefore, i cannot die. I can only die of my own impudence, not the threat of others. The souls of those you have defeated are part of you, but they are no match for the souls of an entire dimension. I have lived far more than you... and destroyed far more.

Krea thrusts a burst of pure darkness out of himself, and the entire area become pitch black. A sudden burst of dark force smashes the walls and they crumble to peices. The surge of energy is so immense, the planet shifts and begins to rumbles. Starkiller stumbles backwards, surprised by the power.

Krea stands, breathing heavier than before.

The darkness will not yet allow me to destroy this place. I have tasks to fullfill first. Do not get in my way.

Krea disapears. He is headed for the AT squad.
 Rogue15
12-10-2001, 8:24 PM
*After he drags the dead body to the cell and heads back, Kioet notices his ally, Krea, facing Deac*

What the hell, Krea? You're wasting our time. Let's just get out of here.
 Redwing
12-11-2001, 2:06 AM
Deac and Rwos are temporarily separated by the crumbling walls. Deac, caught up in his power, simply vaporizes the pieces of metal, and Rwos claws his way through the rubble, the few cuts he sustains rapidly healing. He looks around for Krea, but he is already gone. Rwos tries to concentrate. He reaches out with his mind, trying to access the power of the ancient magic of his own dimension through the barrier dividing them. He centers his thoughts around his newly returned medallion, the one artifact of foreign magic in this dimension. Unable to break through, he swears in frustration. Realizing his mistake, he forces himself to become calm. He transcends his pent-up anger, frustration, and supreme impatience...and suddenly, a rift is opened. A rift through two universes minisculey small. The power inside seeks out its own; Termand Rwos. Magical energy flows through him, so rich he can almost taste it. Rwos wastes no time in channeling it in the proper directions. Clear as day, he sees Krea running toward an unsuspecting squad of troopers and their walkers.

Rwos opens his eyes. "He's heading for the walker barracks."
 Wraith 8
12-11-2001, 2:23 PM
Come on people get dressed for you cenior promm. We have a way to get passed the guards on the lower level and get into the hangerbay so we can get the hell out of here. Do we have enough costumes for you kiddies? im gonna walk on now to explain what is going on here so if you will all change, ill be back in a while... oh and tell me if we need another suit. just let my comlink beep once and ill know. Wish me luck

*Garik walks to the first watchpost*
 S1DC
12-12-2001, 7:26 AM
The AT-ST pilot never knew what hit him.

One moment he was standing at the 3rd point in his patrol route, scanning the area. then a blip on the radar. then-

FLASH!

The driver looks towards his right and sees his co-pilot- decapitated.

Pilot: What the...

A small slit is in the hull in front of them.

then-

FLASH!

The driver slumps to the ground, and his top left side falls off, from just under his arm, up through the right side of his neck.

Then, the screeching noise of imperial sheet metal and iron rips across the night air, as the entire AT-ST is ground down into a scrap of debris about the size of what was once the cockpit.

He is here

Krea concentrates more of his power, and send the ball of shrapnel soaring into the side of a distant AT-AT, and watches as men begin to jump from the open gash in its side when-

GherrrBOOM!

The entire AT-AT exlpodes into a ball of flame.

he is here

Just as Krea is about o head towards the nest patrol, an AT-PT come around a corner. Just as he is about to slice its legs off, it rocks, and then topples over. Krea turns 180 degrees and sees Rwos and Starkiller.

Krea: He is here.
 Deac
12-13-2001, 12:31 PM
STARKILLER: You forget, I am also of your sort. I too, can only be destroyed at the final fight.
We both know our mortal hosts can die here. Deac is willing, as were the others. Are you?

*The Avatar's fist closes, when it re-opens it holds a tiny star. The Avatar hurls it at Krea, who is knocked back and stunned by the power of the Starkiller*

STARKILLER: Show your mortal host, maybe they should duel... for our duelling now is obviously pointless, we cannot be killed in this form. Neither of us.
 S1DC
12-13-2001, 3:35 PM
Krea: I've no time to let my Mortal duel. We have things to accomplish, and this is not one of them.

Krea crosses his arms over his chest, a flash, and then he is gone.

Off the planet. Aparently he has left...
 Redwing
12-14-2001, 9:31 PM
Rwos: What the---

*his teleporter begins to crackle*

Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all!
 Deac
12-16-2001, 3:24 PM
*In a flash, the Avatar vanishes and Deac is left standing there, shaking in a rage*

C'mon you mortal coward! I know you're out there! This ain't over!

[To Rwos] Now let's get out of here.
 Redwing
12-16-2001, 4:18 PM
[Rwos:] Uhhh...I'd really like too...

*Deac turns to look at Rwos. He is enveloped in a blue, shining light, with energy flashes chasing each other across his body, originating from the rectangular device attached to his belt.*
Page: 1 of 2