Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which Restoration mod(s) are the most uptodate and comprehensive?

Page: 1 of 1
 qpruwoei
07-24-2011, 11:47 PM
So I just got my Amazon copy... YAY! After all these years I can play again!

I've been following good directions on the Windows 7 installing thread, almost done and will patch to latest version. I want to know which restoration mods are uptodate and comprehensive.

I searched the threads and found many, including TSLRP, TSLCR, Un-Restored Content, Planet Restoration thing, and that's only what I've found so far. Needless to say I'm a bit overwhelmed lol.

So does anyone know which one I should install? Also are there any unofficial patches and *necessary* files I need to install before I start getting mods?

Thank you kindly... I'M SO EXCITED YAY KOTOR2
 Canderis
07-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Tslrcm.
 The Doctor
07-25-2011, 12:27 AM
My vote goes to the TSLRCM as well.
 CptPriceless
07-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah, after looking through tons of restoration mods TSLRCM was probably the most complete. I mean, despite the fact that it was missing a whole droid planet, it did bring back the majority of cut content. Also, it didn't die... for a change.
 VarsityPuppet
07-25-2011, 2:39 AM
M4-78 is kind of unrestorable without adding in a ton of content, which is not the goal of TSLRCM.

Hell, it was a stretch to include the HK factory with TSLRCM, with how many holes I had to fill.

But yeah, TSLRCM is the way to go.
 darthtyren
07-25-2011, 7:29 AM
My vote is being pushed to TSLRCM as well.
 Sith Holocron
07-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I searched the threads and found many, including TSLRP, TSLCR, Un-Restored Content, Planet Restoration thing, and that's only what I've found so far. Needless to say I'm a bit overwhelmed lol. So does anyone know which one I should install?

Well . . . TSLRP has ceased development and it's only release to the public was a leaked beta that wasn't ready for public consumption. It wasn't meant for that purpose and it probably does it's creators a disservice to see the mod it's current state for what it should have been. What that final state would have been is now only speculation as TSLRP has ceased development and their forums have been shut down.

TSLCR was only meant to add restored content that the TSLRP didn't finish - an unofficial add-on mod if you will. Since the TSLRP wasn't finished, it negates the need for the TSLCR. The mod is currently listed at MODDB as having it's development ceased. This probably just as well due to the controversy about Pikmin. (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Darth_Balor_Came_Back_and_Tried_to_Fool_Us_as_Pikm) in;41612)

Unrestored Content was an old mod by Zbyl2 - one of the authors of the TSLRCM. Long story short, all of the items that you can find in that mod, you can find in the TSLRCM.

By the Planet Restoration mod, I'm assuming you mean M4-78. The original M4-78 doesn't really work with any other larger restoration mods. (It's original aims were to work with "vanilla" (otherwise known as unmodded) TSL or the TSLRP when it would come out. There is a newer version of M4-78 coming out eventually called the M4-78 Enhancement Project - the name indicating that not all of what is in that mod can be deemed as only restoration. However, M4-78 EP is being designed to be compatible with TSLRCM.

I'm sure you can find the TSLRCM thread here so you can hear all the wonderful things folks have to say about that mod. I just thought you might want to see that the other choices you were mentioning weren't as current as you may have thought.

Also are there any unofficial patches and *necessary* files I need to install before I start getting mods?

I wouldn't recommend any unofficial patched to TSL. I would recommend the Music Update Patch (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Music_Update_Patch;52024) and the Movies Update Patch (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Movies_Update_Patch_Part_1;52016). (A note: there are 6 parts to the Movies Update Patch.)

As for additional patches to the TSLRCM, that would depend on which version you downloaded. I'd suggest goin to their forums for more questions on that. Have fun playing with KotOR2!
 CrisG
07-25-2011, 3:04 PM
TSLRestored Content Mod 1.7 is the best of the best. There are a few other add on restorations you can put in, but TSLRCM is by far the best major restoration mod set I have seen for any game, and greatly improves the game. There are restorations for KoTOR 1 as well, if you want to play both.
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-07-2011, 1:48 AM
TSLRCM 1.7
Page: 1 of 1