Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

QDJ's WIP's

Page: 3 of 4
 Qui-Don Jorn
02-23-2012, 3:39 PM
It's *ridhugepic*.

TOR, I mean...

..and I am now declaring HotOR an officially *dead* project, and will be contacting certain individuals privately for a possible new, large scale lightsaber mod that would include ideas and systems from previous lightsaber mods to take it's place.

Lets face it. HotOR sucked and was probably one of the worst ideas I've ever had.

:thmbup1:
 Scorge
02-23-2012, 5:15 PM
OMG, that is just simply awesome, does it have the same ignite effect as the Lightsaber?
 Sithspecter
02-23-2012, 6:47 PM
Very innovative modding there. Those...lightsaber swords look great!
 Qui-Don Jorn
02-24-2012, 1:33 AM
OMG, that is just simply awesome, does it have the same ignite effect as the Lightsaber?

Sure does, Deadman was my partner in crime on those..

Very innovative modding there. Those...lightsaber swords look great!
Thanks...

btw, partner #1 contacted...
 Zhaboka
02-24-2012, 2:31 AM
HotOR was both fun and well-crafted, sir. Do not short yourself.

I'm loving the new training saber. Looks gorgeously harmless. :D
 Hassat Hunter
02-24-2012, 5:56 AM
So no HOTOR for TSLRCM 1.8?

But well, since another project takes it's place...
 Fallen Guardian
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
HotOR was great man! You have nothing to beat yourself up about.
 Qui-Don Jorn
02-24-2012, 4:19 PM
So no HOTOR for TSLRCM 1.8?

But well, since another project takes it's place...

Nope. something *better*..

HotOR was great man! You have nothing to beat yourself up about.
im not exactly beating myself up.. I just have a new resolve to do something greater.

EDIT: ok, well...maybe I am a little, but *not* for the reason you think I might be beating myself up for...
 90SK
02-25-2012, 1:49 AM
Its great you're committed to a new resolve! These training sabers are indeed very impressive, very innovative :D
 Qui-Don Jorn
02-25-2012, 9:51 AM
...very innovative :D

Not really, Im just lifting them out of TOR.
We have so many sources for ideas, it makes me very indecisive sometimes.
 Qui-Don Jorn
06-16-2012, 11:36 AM
 CptPriceless
06-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Awesome skins. Now bao can be more... tolerable..
 Fallen Guardian
06-16-2012, 1:58 PM
Good work QDJ.
 Qui-Don Jorn
06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Awesome skins. Now bao can be more... tolerable..

Its not Bao_Dur...it will be a new player selectable Zabrak once Im through with him..I hope.
 CptPriceless
06-26-2012, 8:13 PM
Its not Bao_Dur...it will be a new player selectable Zabrak once Im through with him..I hope.

Well twist my nipples, didn't realize the first time I looked that there were already 2 other party members. But whatever the case, it looks really nice. Reminds me a bit of that one zabrak from one of the Clone Wars TV Show trailer.

EDIT: Looked him up on wiki. "Savage Opress." And apparently he isn't fully a zabrak, but whatever. Still, the similarities are there ;P
 Qui-Don Jorn
06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Heheh..well, if you notice I have him in the pic with a green Elegant Focus saber and an armored robe...and a brown tattooed face. If I reskinned BD's head with completely different tattooed lines, he could be a Satele Shan's dead master...or somesuch.
 CptPriceless
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
He could be a Satele Shan's dead master...or somesuch.

Heh.. or that. ;]
 milestails
08-17-2012, 9:05 PM
Any chance you will release an updated version (one using less .utcs and more scripts) of your KotOR Saber Mod on Kfiles?

Or release SotOR?
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-19-2012, 8:42 AM
Any chance you will release an updated version (one using less .utcs and more scripts) of your KotOR Saber Mod on Kfiles?

Or release SotOR?

Two days ago I sar a rig dat id haul dat tanker....you wanna git outta 'ere?, you talk to me.
 Zhaboka
08-19-2012, 3:05 PM
Michael-Donn Caine over here.
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-19-2012, 5:29 PM
Michael-Donn Caine over here.

Actually it's 1982 and I'm Mel-Donn Gorn
 Zhaboka
08-19-2012, 6:26 PM
Got it.
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-20-2012, 7:47 AM
...by the way, yes. I'm going to release SotOR as is. As soon as I make a few screenies for it.
Won't be from ingame, but from Gmax snaps.
 Qui-Don Jorn
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Heh...check it out.

The first new saber hilt I've done in a very long time. Meh, not what I wanted, but it never is...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=677&pictureid=9273)

So, what color should Kreia's Peragus cutscene saber be?

Traditional green? Red? Yellow?...I vote purple cause the saber just looks bada** with purple.
 Fallen Guardian
09-13-2012, 6:27 PM
I'd vote yellow, just purely to see what Kreia would like with a yellow saber. I haven't ever put one on her. But I'll honestly cast my real vote for purple.
 LDR
09-13-2012, 6:32 PM
Viridian.

Since she's a Consular, and a "Gray Jedi".
 Zhaboka
09-13-2012, 6:39 PM
I agree with LDR. So hard. I always give Kreia a viridian or green lightsaber. My PC is always either purple or viridian. My shoe size is 12. Yeah.
 Qui-Don Jorn
09-13-2012, 6:54 PM
Alright cool..2 for viridian and 2 for purple. Viridian would be cool.
 Canderis
09-13-2012, 8:11 PM
I like purple, or silver. Why nt release it as options? Let us decide on install?
 Darth DeadMan
09-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Viridian will be great. Green is too traditional. Purple is good, but not for Kreia.
 Zhaboka
09-14-2012, 1:55 AM
Purple is badass. Like Mace Windu. Leave the purple to Zez Kai-Ell. Or however it's spelled.
 Qui-Don Jorn
09-14-2012, 5:15 AM
Ok.Viridian it is...

Why nt release it as options? Let us decide on install?

This won't be Kreia's main saber and it is only used by her on Peragus/Harbinger. It gets lost after Sion chops her hand off.
 SimonKTemplar
10-31-2012, 2:06 PM
Ok.Viridian it is...

This won't be Kreia's main saber and it is only used by her on Peragus/Harbinger. It gets lost after Sion chops her hand off.

Sounds nice... but if I may, I'd like to put my input in there... So here I am with my canon poppycock again :p ...and I read that Kreia normally used a self-made double-bladed lightsaber (weird that CSWE should write this, see here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kreia#cite_ref-CSWE:_Kreia_9-0)). And I dunno how the heck she would use that given she has no left hand to control it, but a more realistic scenario would look something like this (at least in my eyes, it would make sense):

- Kreia appears unarmed on Peragus, however only visibly.
- When Sion appears, she brandishes a hidden double-bladed saber (suppose she hid it in her robes)
- Sion defeats her, slashing her saber in half or destroying one end of the hilt, also slicing her hand off
- End result: Kreia's saber from Telos onward is a green, single-bladed saber which is singed on one end, like Maul had his sliced in half, hence using one half.

Just my thoughts tho, maybe you'll get inspired :D
 Qui-Don Jorn
11-01-2012, 3:30 AM
..could care less about canon.

Do the words "This...is...SPARTA!!!" ring any bells? :D

Edit: So what does happen with Kreia between her exile (her beat down by Sion and Nihilus) and chasing down the Exile?
 SimonKTemplar
11-01-2012, 1:29 PM
..could care less about canon.

Do the words "This...is...SPARTA!!!" ring any bells? :D

Edit: So what does happen with Kreia between her exile (her beat down by Sion and Nihilus) and chasing down the Exile?

Didn't quite get the Sparta bit, care to elaboate? :)

There isn't a whole lot of time elapsed between her being exiled and stripped of the force and eventually finding Meetra Surik on the Harbinger... why do you ask?
 Dak Drexl
11-01-2012, 2:08 PM
There isn't a whole lot of time elapsed between her being exiled and stripped of the force and eventually finding Meetra Surik on the Harbinger...

Who?
 SimonKTemplar
11-01-2012, 2:13 PM
Who?

Kreia. Although I'm as of yet uncertain how she came by the Ebon Hawk...
 Dak Drexl
11-01-2012, 2:22 PM
Kreia.

No, no...

Meetra Surik

^
:D
 SimonKTemplar
11-01-2012, 3:32 PM
The Exile's name was established as Meetra Surik... somewhere in the expanded universe. I believe it was a novel or graphic novel...
 Qui-Don Jorn
11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
*snicker*

...*sigh*
 Qui-Don Jorn
11-03-2012, 4:13 AM
There isn't a whole lot of time elapsed between her being exiled and stripped of the force and eventually finding Meetra Surik on the Harbinger... why do you ask?

This is why...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=791&pictureid=9347)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=791&pictureid=9348)
 SimonKTemplar
11-03-2012, 9:51 AM
Still not getting your point. You gave me a screenshot where Sion says Kreia is looking for broken Jedi. So what? What relevance does it have with her lightsaber?
 Marius Fett
11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm guessing he was referring to the red blade? Hinting that Kreia still had her Sith Lightsaber in her posession?
 SimonKTemplar
11-03-2012, 10:14 AM
If that truly is the case, then I would say... highly unlikely. But I'm not going to try and shove canon down anyone's throat about it. All I'm saying is that I've read the source material, and implies she used a green double bladed lightsaber (at some point) during her exile. Whether or not it was broken in half or not is purely ambiguous as stated by myself, but it would make more sense than the story given by CSWE,which said she used a self-made double bladed green saber during her travels -- for how long, it is unknown -- and that I found that this sourcing makes no sense as there was no way she could control a saberstaff with only one hand. That's my disagreement with the canon source, not to say that I'm always kissing up to the damn thing.
 CptPriceless
11-03-2012, 3:51 PM
Regardless of what the actual canon is, as long as she isn't stupidly pulling out that useless vibrosword, I'm fine.
 SimonKTemplar
11-04-2012, 1:03 AM
Regardless of what the actual canon is, as long as she isn't stupidly pulling out that useless vibrosword, I'm fine.

True. How bioware supposed she hid that thing under her robe completely escapes me.
 Qui-Don Jorn
11-04-2012, 1:50 AM
I'm guessing he was referring to the red blade? Hinting that Kreia still had her Sith Lightsaber in her posession?

Give that man a cigar!
...and another -25 points goes to SimonKTemplar!

Yeah I decided to keep it red, then when she builds her actual personal saber you can pick the color.

If that truly is the case, then I would say... highly unlikely

Um,..why?

and that I found that this sourcing makes no sense as there was no way she could control a saberstaff with only one hand.

..wouldn't it make sense that she carried this supposed double bladed saber before finding the Exile and getting her hand chopped of by Sion? I don't know, I'm just guessing.
 SimonKTemplar
11-04-2012, 2:29 AM
Pah, like so many modders you hear but you do not listen. You assume by default i knew what the flipping heck you were talking about by giving me that one screenshot. I took the discussion in one direction, and instead of giving me a straight answer, you give me innuendos about a red saber, which had nothing to do with the context of what I was talking about. Then when I give you my explanation you misrepresent my quotes. Let me get myself straight one last time, so there won't be another misunderstanding (and this time, try to take my whole explanation into context).

Kreia was beaten down by Sion and assumed self-exile. I find it unlikely that if she was trying to get herself to pass as a Jedi she would use the same flipping red saber if she was disarmed on Malachor from that saber. CSWE says she uses a double-bladed green saber during her time masquerading as a Jedi. For how long, it is not specified. It would only be logical if I suggested that she HID that saber under her robes by the time of Peragus, inclining that she carried it during her exile. Then, she encounters Sion and gets her hand chopped off. Green double-blade either goes bye-bye or gets sliced in half (which is my creative input -- NOTHING MORE). And at last, it was my disagreement with the logic of the canonical source, stating that she could not have used the Double-Blade during the entirety of her travels because, logically, she could not control a saberstaff with only one hand.

Finally, what I was implying is my input in correlation with canon. I am not some bigot out there trying to make you do your mods the way I think they should be done, I'm merely suggesting a more logical arrangement, only because I assumed there would be players wondering "hm, where did she get that red saber then", and in my assumption that some players actually read some of the sourcing and assumed she'd use a different lightsaber from her sith lightsaber, presumably to get herself to better pass as a Jedi. I was only suggesting and nothing more, and in the event I wasn't making myself clear enough of my intentons, I explained.

Hope this helped. :)
 Sith Holocron
11-04-2012, 2:30 AM
Enough with the canon-talk, please. It's so passй. ;)

How about some more pretty in-game pictures instead?
 Qui-Don Jorn
11-04-2012, 5:54 AM
Page: 3 of 4