Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shinobi: The Rising Darkness

Page: 1 of 3
 Chevron 7 locke
12-02-2010, 9:28 PM
One year after the events of the Arashi incident...

It has been a year since the forces of the Arashi have been defeated but the legendary Ten-tails still lives. The group of adventurers that managed to defeat the Arashi and drive the ten-tails away have gone their seperate ways to pursue their own goals.

But a new threat is rising from the shadows. A threat that was thought destroyed during the last Great Shinobi War.

In a far off land this threat has manifested itself. A Samurai village is under heavy attack by unknown foes who seem to have amazing abilities. A desperate battle is now being waged to drive away the attackers.

A figure in samurai armor was thrown back into the wall of one of the many dwellings in the samurai village and slid to the ground in a heap before slowly getting back to it's feet.

What the heck are these things? Karela thought to herself as she got back on her feet and then looked down at the hole in her samurai armor. I can't even land a single punch on these guys and it doesn't look like the rest of Akagi's men are having better luck.

Karela made a series of handsigns and a solid wall of earth surrounded her attacker. Karela grinned and then the grin instantly faded when the wall of earth surrounding her opponet disappeared.

"Akagi!" She shouted out to the samurai who was fighting another of the mystery attackers a short distance away. "Tell your men that we need to get the villagers out of here. There are too many of them and too few of us."
 DrPhil2501
12-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Ryuu was watching from the cliff, overlooking the village and the battle that underwent. He was already too late - it had already begun.

He received a tip from the Academy about his home village being pursued by an unknown force. They thought it would be most appropriate if they sent Ryuu to investigate, seeing as he was born there and more familiarised with it. Hesitantly, he accepted.

He leaped from the cliff and soared through the air towards the village. With the flick of his thumbs, the hilts from both swords ejected from their protective sheaths. He gripped both his swords and landed on the soil below him. It was time to do what he did best. He performed the singular handseal.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" (Shadow Clone Jutsu). Multiple copies of Ryuu appeared before him and joined the defence against the unknown force.
 CommanderQ
12-03-2010, 11:40 PM
"Tell your men that we need to get the villagers out of here. There are too many of them and too few of us."

Akagi Shurijima walked quickly down the steps of his castle, named Senshi. He wielded a long naginata, a spear with a blade like tip at the top and a sharp point at the bottom.

"Agreed, Karela-san, I will send my men to gather the civilians and bring them across the the river to the eastern part of Mototada Prefecture....you will assist them."

He gazed out at his burning village, a silent anger pulsing in his head. He had returned to his homeland to lead them to greatness...not to doom them to an unknown foe.

"My retainers and I will launch an attack at the town square. Use it to your advantage and get everyone out. We'll be close behind."

One of his samurai, Shimada, brought out Akagi's warhorse, Hidetada, which he quickly mounted. Several other mounted samurai joined Akagi, all armed with naginata and heavily armored.

"We move now...you'll have but a few minutes, Karela."
 Chevron 7 locke
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
"Agreed, Karela-san, I will send my men to gather the civilians and bring them across the the river to the eastern part of Mototada Prefecture....you will assist them."

Karela nodded once and then turned toward the mass of villagers who were trying to leave the village. As she watched them Karela noticed something strange: The unknown ninja who were attacking the village were focusing mainly on the samurai.

Is it possible that they want to get rid of us first and then go after the villagers? I wonder why...

She turned toward the villagers and ran to the head of the mass of villagers and started instructing them on where to go. She was about to run to the back of the line and guard them when a shadowy figure jumped off the cliff and landed near her.

Hmph. It looks like we have company. she thought as she looked over at the figure who was now performing a series of handsigns and then a series of clones appeared who then went after the forces attacking the village.

Finally! It's about time help was sent out here.

"Hey Akagi!" She shouted out to the samurai before he left. "It looks like someone finally decided to help out!"
 DrPhil2501
12-06-2010, 5:51 AM
Ryuu was fending off the attackers within the town square. These people were clearly trained professionals, as they managed to keep a good offensive level with the samurai.

A massive opponent approached him, wielding Iron Gauntlets. Ryuu dodged his fist attacks, and repelled the gauntlets with both of his blades. He brought both of his blades together, so he could form a perfect verticle line. Two of his fingers were outstretched along the hilt.

"Fire Release: Dragon Katana" Both his swords were blazing with fire. He performed a spinning attack against the large opponent, which was expectadly blocked by his Iron Gauntlets. The giant continued to parry the fiery strikes. Ryuu kept him busy, until one of his shadow clones came up behind the giant and stabbed him through his abdomen with both fiery blades.

Amongst the chaos, one of Ryuu's Shadow Clones ran up to Karela. "I need a status report. I was sent here to investigate and assess the situation."
 Chevron 7 locke
12-06-2010, 4:29 PM
"I need a status report. I was sent here to investigate and assess the situation."

Karela had been watching the newcomer and had watched as he had managed to take out one of the larger enemy shinobi. She quickly ducked as a kunai knife flew over her head and lodged itself in a building behind her.

I am so glad that wasn't an exploding kunai.

She turned to the newcomer and stared at him for a moment before responding. "Unknown enemy forces showed up a few hours ago and began attacking the village. The enemy shinobi are very powerful, so far we've been unable to drive them away. They've inflicted considerable losses on the samurai while we've only inflicted light losses on them. I'm currently leading an evacuation of the villagers. As of right now the leader of the village took a few of the remaining samurai to try and buy me time to get the survivors out of here."

She smiled grimly at him. "I appreciate you helping us but right now we're trying to get the villagers out of the village. If you really want to help you can help me guard the survivors as we get them out of here."
 Cyborg Ninja
12-06-2010, 5:48 PM
The cool air provided Takeda with comfort as he moved through the forest. Comfort was something of a luxury, as Takeda has learned again and again. It was nice to have that feeling, but once it was gone he wasn't saddened. He had adapted to being denied comfort, and learned to accept solitude.

This was his mind set since he last fought Gatoa and the arashi one year ago. He had become somewhat of a lone wolf, after becoming a jonin. Its not that he didn't trust the others in the village, he just felt he could get the job done himself. After all, why send a few shinobi when one can do perfectly well alone?

Perhaps in an attempt to break Takeda of this mindset, the Hokage had sent him on a mission to investigate a Samurai village. Not just any village, one that belonged to an old friend. Their sources had spotted some unknown force making its way toward the village. While the Hokage had prepared a team, Takeda insisted on going alone.

He had left a few days ago, only stopping when it was absolutely required. The forest was beginning to end and the village was now in plain sight. Takeda slowed his movement to a walk as he left the forest. He needed to find Akagi. However, as he drew closer he saw the nothing but chaos.

People were running from the likes of an enemy he had never seen before. He moved back into a sprint and tried to assist the people. He heard the crackling sound of fire and turned to find the source. A samurai was wielding two flaming swords and fighting a rather large opponent. He watched as the identical clone moved behind the large man and kill him; a shadow clone.

He looked over and saw another samurai in red and black armor. It looked like the samurai was trying to get the people out of the village. He wanted to find Akagi, but even as a lone wolf he still had a moral code he followed. These people needed help, and he would do as he could. He approached the samurai with the black and red armor from behind. He untied his robe to allow his vest to be exposed, but still kept the robe on. He would be ready to toss his extra garb, if need be.

"Samurai, I am Takeda Kuei of the Leaf Village. I can explain what I'm doing here later, but for now I believe your people come first. Tell me, what can I do to assist you?"
 DrPhil2501
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
"I appreciate you helping us but right now we're trying to get the villagers out of the village. If you really want to help you can help me guard the survivors as we get them out of here."

"Very well; we will evacuate the villagers." He stood up and awaited for the girl. Suddenly, an enemy shinobi came up from behind, and impaled Ryuu with a bladed weapon. Ryuu exploded in a puff of smoke.

The real one appeared behind the enemy and stabbed him with his enflamed katanas. He tossed aside the body, and pretended nothing happened.

"Are they gathered and sheltered from the attack, or are they scattered throughout the village?"
 Chevron 7 locke
12-09-2010, 4:25 PM
"Samurai, I am Takeda Kuei of the Leaf Village. I can explain what I'm doing here later, but for now I believe your people come first. Tell me, what can I do to assist you?"

Karela looked at Takeda with a mixture of suprise and joy. She knew that Takeda had some pretty powerful techniques and they could be useful against the enemy shinobi as they evacuated the village.

"Takeda!" She shouted as she grabbed him in a hug and lifted him off the ground. "It's me!"

Oh wait...The helmet makes my voice sound a bit off. He probably thinks I'm a bit nuts since he probably doesn't recognize me.

Karlea put Takeda down and then lifted the helmet off of her head and smiled at Takeda. Her face was badly bruised and the left side of her face had a long cut going down it due to being suprised by one of the enemy shinobi who's blade had managed to cut slightly through her armor.

""You have no idea how happy I am to see you Takeda." She said still smiling. "I need help evacuating the villagers. Right now Akagi is buying us time to get the villagers out of here and these enemy shinobi are really tough and so far we haven't been able to drive them away."

"Are they gathered and sheltered from the attack, or are they scattered throughout the village?"

Karela turned back toward the man whe had just killed one of the enemy shinobi and thought for a moment. "Nearly all of the villagers are here but there could be some of them left in the village."

She looked over the stranger and thought for a moment. "You look really tough. Right now I bet Akagi could use your help driving the enemy shinobi away. He and his men are buying us time in the town square."
 Cyborg Ninja
12-09-2010, 6:55 PM
Takeda was taken completely by surprise by the samurai's action. Takeda stared at the samurai as he was lifted into the air. Takeda saw that their situation was dire, but he didn't know it was this bad that the samurai would greet him in such a manner. He dusted himself off once the samurai finally let him go. When he looked back up he was no longer staring at a samurai...but Karela.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you Takeda." She said still smiling. "I need help evacuating the villagers. Right now Akagi is buying us time to get the villagers out of here and these enemy shinobi are really tough and so far we haven't been able to drive them away."

Takeda nodded and let Karela speak with the other samurai. He would have time to catch up with his friend later. Right now he had to focus on the task at hand. He pulled out a scroll from his robe and placed it on the ground. Preforming the necessary seals, he created a large pool of water. He needed to create ice for this technique, and his normal way wouldn't be quick enough.

He knelt down and froze the pool of water with his hands. He preformed and even more complicated series of hand seals on the frozen pool.

"Ice Release: Ice Dragon!"

The pool of ice slowly turned into a large ice dragon. The mighty ice dragon roared and looked over at Takeda. Takeda ordered the beast to attack the enemy shinobi. The beast let out a second roar and took off into the air.

"That dragon will assist Akagi, I'll go check for any more villagers," Takeda said before rushing off.
 CommanderQ
12-09-2010, 8:23 PM
Akagi had little time to see to the civilians, as he could see that the flames of the enemy, whatever they were, were quickly approaching the main square of his village. It pained him to see the life of the village so utterly devastated in this way. But right now, he had no time for grief. Only action.

He spurred his horse on faster, his bodygaurds doing the same, becoming a wall of horse and armor. The Samurai raised his Naginata and chose a target in the square, what he assumed to be an enemy Shinobi.

"Strike swiftly! Strike to kill! CHARGE!"

Akagi swung the naginata at the Shinobi, who disappeared into a blast of smoke that sent small objects ripping through everyone's armor.

Hidetada reared, and Akagi nearly fell, holding on for dear life.

Refocusing, Akagi saw the Shinobi again, running away only a few meters off. He hoisted the naginata again, this time throughing it at the Shinobi. The sharp ended blade pierced its target sending the Shinobi to the ground. Akagi quickly retrieved the naginata with a smile, when something caught his eye.

An ice dragon in the sky.

"Takeda."

His smile grew, and the Samurai swung the Naginata at another Shinobi, sending bloody entrails across the square. He then dismounted, joining his bodygaurd in the center of the square.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-11-2010, 2:51 PM
"That dragon will assist Akagi, I'll go check for any more villagers,"

Karela nodded once and was about to resume the evacuation when a badly injured samurai limped out of the forest from the direction they were supposed to be going. Karela ran up to him and saw that he was bleeding from multiple wounds.

"What happened to you?" She asked quietly. She didn't want to alert the villagers that there might be a problem.

The injured samurai collapsed to the ground. "A-Ambush ahead. The Mototada Prefecture has been taken by the enemy, it's almost as if they were expecting us." The samurai then shuddered once and was still.

Karela growled once and then turned toward the villagers who looked scared. They must have heard some of the conversation.

Karela made a series of handsigns and a small group of shadow clones appeared in front of her. She instructed four of the clones to continue guarding the villagers with her and then dispatched the last remaining one to inform Akagi of the fall of the Mototada Prefecture.

The shadow clone nodded and then took off toward the village square where it saw Akagi and his men fighting off a large number of enemy shinobi. "Akagi." The clone said quietly as it ran up in front of him. "The Mototada Prefecture has fallen to the enemy, somehow they knew that was where we were going to be evacuating the villagers. We may have a spy among us. We need to go somewhere we know is safe.""
 CommanderQ
12-15-2010, 1:11 AM
"The Mototada Prefecture has fallen to the enemy, somehow they knew that was where we were going to be evacuating the villagers. We may have a spy among us. We need to go somewhere we know is safe."

The news caught Akagi off-gaurd, yet the unexpected should always be expected.

The Samurai twirled his naginata on its hilt, bringing it down to point in the direction of north.

"We will have to move towards the mountains. It won't protect my people for long, but it'll allow us time to regroup...."

He looked at the enemy Shinobi who were themselves regrouping across a nearby bridge.

"Bring the villagers around the border and then into the mountains...we will join you in a moment....we must finish this foe..."

Akagi wielded his naginata to the front, rallying his samurai retainers to form a line, beginning their advance.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-15-2010, 2:25 AM
Takeda entered into the last home. He searched but found no one in the home. He left the home and motioned the few villagers he found to follow him as he began to make his way back to Karela and the other villagers.

An enemy shinobi jumped down from one of the rooftops at Takeda. The shinobi stuck a hook shaped blade into Takeda's chest. Takeda turned to ice and shattered into pieces; an ice clone. The real Takeda threw a shuriken at the shinobi.

The shinobi dodged the attack and threw the hook blade at Takeda to reveal a chain. The blade barely missed Takeda, cutting him slightly as he jumped back. The shinobi twirled the hook blade and tossed it at Takeda again. This time Takeda side stepped and grabbed the chain. Takeda froze the weapon, forcing the shinobi to drop it.

The shinobi charged Takeda, which he was ready for. As the shinobi jumped into the air, Takeda shot his ice ball. The ice ball made contact the with shinobi, who shattered into pieces upon hitting the ground. Takeda motioned the few villagers once more to follow him.

"I was able to find a few villagers," he said to Karela as he returned.

---------

The Ice dragon took out a few enemy shinobi, just by landing on them. The dragon looked over at Akagi, and moved with the samurai. Once Akagi attacked, it would as well.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-15-2010, 6:20 PM
"Bring the villagers around the border and then into the mountains...we will join you in a moment....we must finish this foe..."

The shadow clone nodded and dissapeared in a puff of smoke just as a barrage of kunai knives cut through the space where it had been just a moment ago.

"I was able to find a few villagers,"

Karela nodded at him and then looked over the large group of villagers. She jumped up onto a tree branch so she would be able to be heard over the muttering of the villagers.

"Attention everyone!" She shouted as the villagers looked up at her as she put her helmet back on. "There has been a change of plans. As of now, we are going to be heading into the mountains where we will meet up with the remaining samurai. From there we will plan on what to do next."

"Don't bet on it." A cheerful female voice said from above her. Karela slowly looked up and saw one of the attacking shinobi who was wearing a mask.

That voice...There's no way that can be who I think it is. Takeda...or should I say Takai killed her over a year ago.

"Takeda..." She said quietly as she stared up at the masked enemy shinobi. "Take the villagers, get them up the mountains and wait for the remaining samurai to meet you there. I need to take care of this. Alone."

The masked shinobi waved cheerfully at Takeda and Karela and then took off into the trees. Karela quickly jumped after her with a handful of Kunai knives in her hand.
 DrPhil2501
12-19-2010, 6:47 AM
"You look really tough. Right now I bet Akagi could use your help driving the enemy shinobi away. He and his men are buying us time in the town square."

Ryuu nodded. After Karela created her shadow clones, and ordered one of them to find "Akagi", Ryuu followed.

If he was to acquire the information during his supposedly labeled "recon mission", he needed to help the samurai and learn the motives behind the assault - despite his relations with his previous acquaintances.

Soon, the clone found its way to the one titled "Akagi" - a young samurai wearing the ceremonial armor and wielding the blade. The clone informed him of the news and speculation.

Ryuu saw the enemy in front. Akagi rallied his troops, and formed a line. Ryuu hid himself away, to observe the battle from the rooftops and strike at the appropriate of moments. He twirled his blades around, almost appearing like seals.

"Fire Release: Dragon Rush" a layer of protective flames surrounded him.
 SkywalkerRules
12-20-2010, 10:09 PM
A cloaked figure meditated on the grass in the middle of the forest. It has been a long time since the Shinobi War. The cloaked figure had experienced anger and depression, causing her to almost lose herself to darkness. But now, she has finally found peace. With much meditation and alone time, the young girl's angered and depressive feelings were gone.

The figure, known as none other than Asuka, stood up and smiled. "I am truly grateful to have calm myself throughout these past months. My journey begins..." She began to walk through the forest, still having her brown cloak on.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-21-2010, 1:59 PM
"Don't bet on it."

Takeda looked to the same spot Karela did and saw a masked shinobi. He played the voice inside his head a few times. Takai nearly killed her during the last fight and then she blew herself up. How could she still be alive?

It was during Takeda's analysis of who the voice belonged to that Takai stirred. He had been a good boy for a whole year, silently watching Takeda. Takeda's eyes changed to Takai's for second and he winked back up at her. Almost as if to say, I whooped you once and I'll do it again.

"Take the villagers, get them up the mountains and wait for the remaining samurai to meet you there. I need to take care of this. Alone."

Takeda looked over at Karela and nodded his head. He had been a lone wolf this past year, so he understood Karela's intentions. He watched Karela take off and turned his attention to the villagers. He quickly created three ice clones to help him escort the villagers.

"Stay close," was all he said as he began to lead them to the mountains.

We can't let Karela have all the fun...besides Karela is special. We can't have her throwing herself into danger either.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-21-2010, 2:28 PM
Karela jumped from branch to branch and threw a handful of Kunai knives at Zarela as she jumped from branch to branch.

Zarela turned around and continued jumping from branch to branch without even looking.

"If I were you I'd check on your friend." Zarela said cheerfully as she caught each of the kunai in one hand and threw them back at Karela with incredible speed. Karela was unprepared for the attack and the Kunai cut across her shoulder making her wince in pain.

"Come on now Karela...You can do better then that!" Zarela said cheerfully as she made a series of handsigns and a stream of fire erupted from her mouth which Karela was barely able to dodge.

She's so much faster and stronger then when she fought Takai...I can barely keep up with her.

Karla barely managed to dodge another kunai before making a series of handsigns and five shadow clones appeared. They were barely able to move before Zarela made another series of handsigns and six fireballs shot out from her hands and destroyed the clones and the sixth one hit Karela and slammed her into a tree trunk. Karela slowly fell out of the tree and hit the ground with a thud.

She looked up to see Zarela jumping off the branch that she was on and then stand over her. "Don't worry Karela, this is going to hurt you more then it's going to hurt me!" Zarela said laughing as she made another series of handsigns.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-21-2010, 3:02 PM
"Don't worry Karela, this is going to hurt you more then it's going to hurt me!"

"My my, I was just about to say the same thing to you."

A Takai possessed Takeda leapt down from one of the tree branches. His black eyes with this demonic yellow irises stared blankly at Zarela. Takai removed Takeda's hat and robe and dropped them to the ground. He pulled off Takeda's mask to reveal a large grin.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise. The Arashi's pet dog is alive, and it looks like she's gotten better at fighting. Why don't we see what you can do now, because I'd just love to kill you again."
 SkywalkerRules
12-21-2010, 3:25 PM
All of a sudden, Asuka heard voices. She went towards the source of the voice and hid behind a tree. When she peeked, she couldn't believe her eyes. It was Takeda and Zarela! Looking on from beneath her hood, Asuka remembered the days she worked with them. And how they defeated Gotoa and the Ten-Tail beast.

She sighed and hid behind the tree. "I would love to see them again... but with me finally finding peace, I can't just jump out there. What if I have that same experience again... of being depressed?" She shook her head sadly and began to walk away.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-21-2010, 3:59 PM
"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise. The Arashi's pet dog is alive, and it looks like she's gotten better at fighting. Why don't we see what you can do now, because I'd just love to kill you again."

Zarela slowly turned around and a huge grin appeared on her face as she looked over Takai and then she winked at him.

"Well...look who's here." She said cheerfully "It's the crazy one. To be fair, you didn't kill me last time. I killed myself. But I was hoping that I'd be able to fight you after the last time we fought. I think it's time that I show you how much stronger I've become."

Before Takai could do anything, Zarela was behind him and she kicked him up in the air before making a series of handsigns.

Fire Release: Flame stream jutsu. A massive stream of flames shot out of her mouth and engulfed Takai in a cloud of flames.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-21-2010, 4:29 PM
Takai suddenly found himself hit into the air by Zarela. He was surprised at how much faster she had actually gotten. He looked down at her and noticed she was preforming some type of jutsu. Suddenly a large stream of fire flew at him. Takai let out a large laugh as the fire made contact.

Takai landed on a tree, with his arms covering his face. He jumped back down to Zarela and clapped.

"Not bad, but I certainly hope you can do better than that. Let's see what you can really do," Takai said going into a defensive stance.
 CommanderQ
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Akagi stamped his foot hard on the ground, assuming a sturdy front stance, naginata outstretched towards the enemy shinobi.

"YOIIIIIIII!!!!!!"

His fellow Samurai shouted an affirmative.

Akagi made brief eye contact with the ice dragon above them, and then put his focus to the front.

"BANZAIIIII!!!!!"

He sprinted forward across the bridge, swinging his naginata at the first shinobi. The ninja dodged it, but Akagi twirled the naginata the other direction, killing the second shinobi in an instant. The Samurai all collided with their enemies, and blood began to form in pools around the bridge and town square.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-23-2010, 4:10 PM
"Not bad, but I certainly hope you can do better than that. Let's see what you can really do,"

Zarela started laughing and then suddenly looked down as a Kunai knife erupted from her stomach. She turned and around and smiled at Karela. "Nice try little girl, but that won't work."

The kunai wound began to heal itself even as Zarela grabbed Karela and threw her into the forest with a good amount of force. Karela shouted out in pain and anger as she slammed into a person who had his or her back turned to her, sending them both down to the ground.

"She's so much stronger then the last time Takai fought her, I'm not even sure if Takai can even beat her." She muttered as she got back up to her feet and then looked down at the hooded figure. The hood fell away from her face and beneath her mask Karela gasped.

"Asuka? What are you doing here?"

Zarela laughed and looked over at Takai and studied him for a moment. "I think I'm going to enjoy making you suffer. After all, I remember what you did to me the last time we fought."

Zarela got behind Takai before he could even blink and grabbed him by the head and slammed his body into a large tree and then kicked him up into the air again and she then made another series of handsigns.

Fire Release: Grand fireball jutsu!

A massive fireball erupted from Zarela's mouth and engulfed Takai as he hit the ground. Zarela then made another series of handsigns. Earth style: Earth Coffin jutsu.

A large amount of rocks and earth formed around Takai and surrounded him. Zarela smiled and grabbed an exploding kunai knife. "Now...Let's see you get out of that." She smirked.
 SkywalkerRules
12-23-2010, 5:36 PM
When someone bumped into her hard and they both fell on the ground, Asuka just groaned. "Man..." She got up when the other person got up. All of a sudden, her hood fell from her head. "Uh-oh..."

"Asuka? What are you doing here?"

"Shoot..." wasd the last word Asuka thought. She turned around and smiled sheepishly. "Hi. Um... do I know you?" she asked, the mask hiding the other person's face.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-23-2010, 8:23 PM
Takai watched as Karela threw a kunai knife at Zarela. Takai was surprised by this, after all he was in no way her friend...or did she think Zarela was the bigger threat? Takai was somewhat insulted by the thought of that.He watched as the wound was healed just as quickly as it was on Zarela.

Instantaneous Healing?...Isn't that lovely

Takai suddenly found himself being smacked around by Zarela. He was about to spring up and attack when he was surrounded by earth.

"Now...Let's see you get out of that."

The earth tomb that Takai was now encased in began to shake violently.

"WHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!"

A large black snake broke through the tomb and attacked Zarela head on. The snake slammed Zarela into a tree and then flung her up into the air. Takai jumped out of the dirt and dusted himself off.

"Its been such a long time since I've had this much fun. You've been such a good sport during all this. I think I'll actually use some of my abilities on you."

Takai made a few hand seals and smirked at Zarela.

"Nightmare Release: Nightmare Summoning Jutsu!" This was an improved technique of Yoroi's. As oppose to just summoning something the opponent fear, Takai could go much further.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-23-2010, 11:08 PM
"Hi. Um... do I know you?"

Karela shook her head slightly. She always forgot to take off the samurai mask before talking to people. She pulled the mask off and smiled at Asuka.

"Nice to see you again Asuka."

Karela turned her head back toward the site of the battle as she heard a loud familiar laugh echo through the forest.

"Alright. I'm going to give you the short version of the story. Akagi's village is under attack by unknown forces. It looks like Takeda has been taken over by Takai again and that crazy Arashi lady who kidnapped you a year ago is somehow back from the dead and fighting Takai."

Karela put her helmet back on and then turned toward the site of the battle. "Right now we're trying to evacuate all of the villagers to the mountains. If you could take over that and get them out of here I would really appreciate it."

Zarela grunted in slight pain as Takai snake attack hit her and sent her flying backwards up into the air. She watched as Takai made a series of handsigns and then began making her own handsigns.

"Nightmare Release: Nightmare Summoning Jutsu!"

"Fire Release: Flame Dragon jutsu!" Zarela shouted just as she finished her handsigns a second after Takai did. A dragon made of flames appeared in the air in front of Zarela and then immediatly engulfed Takai in a wall of flame.
 DrPhil2501
12-24-2010, 4:04 AM
"BANZAIIIIII!!!!!" Ryuu heard Akagi announce, as him and his army ran across the bridge to fight off the enemy. With his Dragon Rush technique still active, Ryuu dived from the rooftop and soared across to the bridge where the battle took place.

The flaming blur impregnated the hoard of enemy shinobi, rushing from one opponent to the next. He managed to take out some of the enemy, not before his Dragon Rush technique was about to die out. He used the remaining seconds to leap back with the defending Samurai.

Ryuu fought along side the Samurai, fending off the enemy.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-24-2010, 5:35 PM
Takai laughed as a wall of flames appeared in front of him. She had used the flames to protect herself, as well as attack him. Using one of Takeda's own techniques he put out a small area of the flame and jumped out. He looked to Zarela and grinned.

"Ah that's right...I didn't use jutsu on you last time. You don't have any idea what the technique I used does, do you?"

A small black orb was floating in the air, slowly morphing into something.

"I've never used this technique on an undead person before. Now then, let's see what you fear!" Takai shouted before laughing again.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-25-2010, 4:31 PM
((Alright, as soon as the battle between Takeda and Zarela is over we'll be evacuating the village and head for the mountains where we will wait for Akagi.)

"I've never used this technique on an undead person before. Now then, let's see what you fear!"

Zarela's smile faded slightly as the orb continued changing shape until it took on the form of a tall man wearing the robes of the Akatsuki. Zarela's smile returned instantly.

"Thats it?" she asked in a mocking tone of voice. "Don't you understand? I fear nothing anymore. And there is no way you'll be able to ever defeat me. The only reason that technique worked was because in life I feared a few of the members of the Akatsuki, but now that I'm dead I have nothing to fear."

One of the enemy shinobi dropped out of the trees next to Zarela. "The remaining samurai have been driven back to the main square of the village. It is only a matter of time before we are able to wipe them all out."

"Excellent work." Zarela said before turning back to Takai as the enemy ninja jumped up into the trees. "Now...I believe I was in the middle of killing you."

Zarela jumped backward and made a series of handsigns. "Fire Release: Grand fireball jutsu!"

A massive fireball erupted from Zarela's mouth and engulfed Takai just as Zarela pulled two large shurikens and threw them at Takai who was still engulfed in the flames.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
"Now...I believe I was in the middle of killing you."

Both shurikens made contact with Takai at the same time he was hit with the giant fireball. When the smoke cleared, Takai had been sliced in half. The two halves made a poof noise.

Takai appeared above Zarela and kicked her into a tree. Before she could recover he was in front of her again. He grabbed her by the throat with his right hand and held out his left one.

"I'll show you true fear then...Dark Release: Inhaling Maw!"

A black diamond appeared on Takai's hand as he began to drain Zarela, just as he did to an Arashi allied Karela, and just as he did to Yoroi.
 Chevron 7 locke
12-27-2010, 12:31 AM
"I'll show you true fear then...Dark Release: Inhaling Maw!"

Zarela watched calmly as Takai grabbed her by the throat and began to drain her. "This isn't going to work you know. Because I have one thing that you don't have."

"Lightning Release: Lightning destruction!"

A massive streak of blue lighting slammed into Takai and sent him flying away from her. Another masked shinobi dropped to the ground next to Zarela and pulled her to her feet. Zarela looked down at Takai and smiled.

"I have allies."

"Are you alright?" The second masked shinobi asked as Karela ran to the battle site. Zarela smiled at her as she threw a handful of kunai knives that Zarela easily dodged.

That voice...it's so familiar.

Zarela smiled at both Karela and Takai before vanishing into the tree as she headed for where the remaining samurai were located. The second masked shinobi stared at both Karela and Takai for a moment before vanishing as well.

Karela looked Takai over for a moment before dropping her hand toward her kunai pouch.

"Takeda...I really hope you can hear me right now. I don't want to have to hurt you but if you don't wrestle back control from Takai I might have to."
 SkywalkerRules
12-28-2010, 9:19 AM
Before Asuka could reply, Karela was gone. She sighed. "I would love to help. But... I'm afraid that I might go back to my old self." Suddenly, the young girl saw Zarela and her goons. She was the one that kidnapped her and tortured her. Making her split personality claw out like a beast.

"Hey! Stop! Uh... why can't we all just sit down and talk about this? We don't have to fight!" Asuka shouted at Zarela, wondering if she heard her or not.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-28-2010, 3:07 PM
Takai's grin turned into a large smile as Zarela did not resist the the technique. Even as he was attacked by another masked shinobi and sent flying to the ground, he still had a smile. It would have been nice if could have drained her a little longer, but he would take what he could get for now.

"Takeda...I really hope you can hear me right now. I don't want to have to hurt you but if you don't wrestle back control from Takai I might have to."

Takai stood up and dusted himself off, before looking at Karela.

"Heh, is that any way to treat someone who saved you? Well that former arashi mentor of yours certainly has gotten better...but she's still just a minion."

Takai could feel Takeda regaining consciousness, and soon he would take control of his body back. Takai would have to make these next few seconds count.

"Though with all her new tricks, she's still suffers from her same flaws. You remember my Inhaling Maw technique, don't you Karela? She clearly has no clue what its capable of. If you want to save these villagers and find out more about these attackers, then you'll need my help. My technique doesn't just give me the ability to manipulate other's abilities, but their memories as well. We'll be able to find out how she came back from the dead..."

The blackness in Takeda's eyes were beginning to fade to white.

"You know I'm right Karela...think about it"

Takeda shook his head and looked around. Those ice clones must have taken more out of him then he thought, plus the ice dragon he created earlier. He put his mask, robe, and hat back on.

"Its been a year since he last attempted to control me, I wonder why he chose now."
 Chevron 7 locke
12-29-2010, 5:15 PM
Karela heard Asuka shout out to Zarela but she was already gone. Karela turned to look at Asuka and smiled sadly.

"It's good to see you again Asuka."

She then turned to look at Takeda who was apparently once again in control of his body.

"Its been a year since he last attempted to control me, I wonder why he chose now."

"It's probably because he wanted to get revenge on Zarela. Remember the last time they fought over a year ago he didn't get the chance to kill her, she blew herself up."

Karela turned and looked up in the trees that Zarela and the other masked shinobi had fled into. "I don't know how she came back...but I'm going to admit that I'm worried. I stabbed her in the stomach with a kunai and the knife wound healed instantly. And she didn't seem worried when Takai showed up either."

She turned her head toward the village as she heard the sounds of combat again. "I'm going to go and get Akagi, I want you and Asuka to take the villagers up to the mountains so we can regroup."

Karela turned toward the village and began running toward the samurai village.
 Cyborg Ninja
12-31-2010, 5:31 PM
Takeda looked over at Asuka and quickly turned his head. He hadn't forgotten how she had just abandoned the village...how she abandoned him.

"Let's go, try to keep up," was all Takeda said before he took off.

Karela would need some more convincing, that was obvious. Takai would have to make his move when Takeda was weak again. He needed Karela's earth jutsu to hold Zarela long enough for him to drain her. He would make his move though, and it would be soon.
 Chevron 7 locke
01-02-2011, 7:02 PM
Even before Karela managed to reach the village she could sense that something was wrong. The sound of samurai war-crys were getting fainter and more and more enemy shinobi were heading for the village. After a few minutes of running and jumping from branch to branch she arrived at what remained of the village.

"Akagi!" She shouted as she looked down at the samurai lord who was fighting with what remained of his forces. There weren't that many samurai left. "We need to get out of here now!"

She jumped down next to him and quickly grabbed his hand. "I promise you that we'll come back someday, but right now we need to leave. Your people need you now."
 CommanderQ
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
"Akagi!"

He turned around quickly, seeing Karela running toward him.

The Samurai gave a quick nod, turning back to the battle to slash his naginata at one of the enemy Shinobi. His attention returned to her when she grabbed his hand.

"I promise you that we'll come back someday, but right now we need to leave. Your people need you now."

He couldn't just leave the village...he had worked so hard to create a stable land for his Father's people to survive upon. It felt wrong to simply abandon the village that belonged both to the people as much as it belonged to himself. But he knew Karela was right, today couldn't be that day when the village could be restabilized...they needed to survive first.

Akagi looked at her, "So....so be it. We will retreat..."

He hoped the stricken tone in his voice failed to show. He needed to lead his people, not panic.

"Samurai!!! Retreat to the villagers!! Guard the road!! We must make sure they make it!"

He and the other Samurai rushed back across the bridge, racing to save the refugees.
 DrPhil2501
01-05-2011, 4:59 AM
Ryuu just finished pulling his blade out from an enemy shinobi. He was interupted of course when Karela came out of nowhere and ordered a retreat. Akagi responded, and called his troops back.

Ryuu dodged an uncoming attack, and leaped atop of a nearby rooftop. He swung his blade through the air to clean it from the staining blood, and out it back in its sheath. He followed Akagi and the rest of the Samurai Warriors across the bridge and towards the mountains where the villagers hid themselves.
 Chevron 7 locke
01-06-2011, 6:43 PM
"Samurai!!! Retreat to the villagers!! Guard the road!! We must make sure they make it!"

Karela let out a sigh of relief. It was good that Akagi was ordering a retreat to the mountains. Right now Akagi's people needed him and she was going to guess that Akagi needed his people now more then ever in this troubling time.

"Good call Akagi!" She shouted. "I'm going to cover out tracks so they can't follow us."

She pulled two handfuls of smoke bombs out from her equipment pouch and then threw them on the ground where they detonated, creating a large cloud of smoke that surrounded the enemy shinobi.

And just in case.

Karela made a series of handsigns and a group of eight shadow clones appeared in puffs of smoke all around her. The clones quickly took off, each one going in a seperate direction. She ran after the samurai and quickly caught up with them.

"Alright. I dropped a couple of smoke bombs back there and created a few shadow clones. That should buy us a few minutes. We should get the villagers and then get going."

Karela continued traveling with the samurai for a short distance before seeing Takeda who was guarding the villagers. She beckoned him over to her.

"Takeda, are the villagers all set to go? Akagi and I managed to buy a bit of time but we should really go now, before the enemy finds out where we are. Right now there are too many of them for us to fight."

Karela then turned to the mysterious man who had aided the samurai during the attack. "I have no idea who you are but I just want to thank you for helping Akagi and his men. If you hadn't shown up when you did we might not have made it out of the village alive."
 DrPhil2501
01-10-2011, 6:10 AM
"I have no idea who you are but I just want to thank you for helping Akagi and his men. If you hadn't shown up when you did we might not have made it out of the village alive."

Ryuu glanced back. "I was sent here to investigate, because I knew the village well... this was once my home."

He looked back at the village, being slowly swarmed with the enemy shinobi. Then back at Karela. "Then I sought another life. But regardless of our differences, they are still my people. I am glad to offer you my assistance."

"But you know more than I do already. We intercepted mysterious behaviour in the region, therfor sending me to investigate. Do you have any clue as to who they are and what they are after?"
 Chevron 7 locke
01-11-2011, 6:01 PM
"But you know more than I do already. We intercepted mysterious behaviour in the region, therfor sending me to investigate. Do you have any clue as to who they are and what they are after?"

Karela shook her head sadly. Behind them a bright flash of light and the sound of a massive explosion filled the air.

"It looks like all they wanted to do was destroy the village and anyone in it. The attack started earlier in the day, one minute I was talking with Akagi and the next moment we were under heavy attack from all sides. And there was something else that was bothering me: During the battle I fought against a woman who I knew was dead. She blew herself up nearly a year ago and yet there she was. I have no idea how she could have managed to come back from the dead."

Karela turned around and saw smoke coming from where the village had once been and sighed heavily. "As of now Akagi and I are going to be leading the villagers to the mountains where we can regroup and think about what to do next."

She sighed again. "It's times like these I wish Kaneda was here. He would know what to do."
 DrPhil2501
01-12-2011, 2:34 AM
"It's times like these I wish Kaneda was here. He would know what to do."

Ryuu ears raised up when he heard her speak "Kaneda". He knew that name. One of the new students who enrolled in the Kenjustu Academy located within the Land of Forests. Quick learner. Also a very laid-back sort of person, depending on what aspect people see it as. Ryuu viewed it as a weakness.

"I know that name... though there are many who are given such a name throughout the world. I wonder if out of all those, the one you mention is the one I am aquainted with."

He glanced at Karela. "Originated from Konoha, I think... excellent student. Not to mention lazy. He who your talking about?"
 Chevron 7 locke
01-12-2011, 6:06 PM
"Originated from Konoha, I think... excellent student. Not to mention lazy. He who your talking about?"

Karela smiled slightly at the man's description of Kaneda. It was nearly dead on.

"That would be the Kaneda I fought with. It's been nearly a year since I've seen him and the others. In fact the last time I saw him was right after we defeated the Arashi. We all went out on our own after that battle...I always thought we should have stuck together, just in case someone came after us for revenge."

She winced slightly as she felt three of her shadow clones vanish. "I think we should get moving unless we want the enemy to catch up with us."

She turned to Akagi. "Akagi! It's time we get going. If you could do you think you could have a few of your men cover us? I don't want anyone sneaking up on us."

She then moved up to the front of the group of villagers and motioned for the man who knew Kaneda to join her. "It's time that we get moving." She told the villagers. "We are going to head up into the mountains and from there we are going to come up with a new plan."
 SkywalkerRules
01-13-2011, 4:18 PM
Asuka stood there, listening to their conversation. She then looked over at Takeda. She felt ashamed for leaving him behind. If only she could talk to him and explain herself. But even if she did... would he listen? This is one of the main reasons she didn't want to come back.

"Um, guys? I... I don't think you need me. I mean... I finally found inner peace. And... I don't want to be a burden to you all. I mean... there are some people who might not want me back," Asuka said, looking at Takeda sadly. "I mean... if you guys want me to, I can help anyway I can." The young girl looked down quietly.
 Cyborg Ninja
01-14-2011, 1:49 AM
Takeda simply nodded his head at Karela's question. He stood motionless as Karela spoke with the man who helped the samurai as well. He couldn't help but eavesdrop as they spoke of Kaneda. Like the others, Kaneda too had left the Leaf Village. For a year he had basically been alone.

"That would be the Kaneda I fought with. It's been nearly a year since I've seen him and the others. In fact the last time I saw him was right after we defeated the Arashi. We all went out on our own after that battle...I always thought we should have stuck together, just in case someone came after us for revenge."

For a brief instance the inner Takeda broke free of the hardened outer shell he had developed in the past year. Everyone had left him. Akagi went back to his village, with Karela joining him. Kaneda had went off to some academy. Asuka flat out abandoned the village. He wasn't sure what happened to Tategami. Even Specter had finished a few days after the others did.

He had finally achieved his goal of becoming a Jonin...but had no one to share it with. He lowered his head for a few seconds.

We should have stuck together...

Fortunately for Takeda his mask covered the frown he had on his face. The frown quickly disappeared. He crossed his arms and continued to listen. He looked over at Asuka who seemed saddened she had left the village.

"Your abilities could be quite useful."

His tone was almost lacking in human emotion. He turned to look at Karela.

"I should scout ahead, and make sure we do not run into any ambushes."
 DrPhil2501
01-14-2011, 4:05 AM
"It's time that we get moving."

Ryuu nodded. He then looked over at Takeda. Even with his mask on, he knew that look in his eyes. Given from the way he looked at Asuka, like she abandoned him. But Ryuu could somehow also sense she was not the only one. Loneliness - an inflicting, distractive wound that would take time to heal

Ryuu could relate, but now was not the proper time to acquaint himself with everyone: they needed retreat the villagers to the mountains where they could seek refuge.

"I should scout ahead, and make sure we do not run into any ambushes."

Ryuu walked towards the one named Asuka, who was just standing there feeling guilty. He looked above her, the collar of his Haori covering his mouth and only his steel colored eyes were visible. "We need to get moving."

He turned around and continued onward to the Mountains.
 Chevron 7 locke
01-18-2011, 11:34 PM
"I mean... if you guys want me to, I can help anyway I can."

Karela turned toward Asuka and pulled the samurai helmet off of her head. Her face was bloody and had cuts on it from where the enemy had managed to get through the armor.

"I'm not going to lie Asuka, we could really use your help. Right now we need someone to keep the villagers and their children calm while we evacuate to the mountains."

"Your abilities could be quite useful."

Karela slowly turned away from Asuka and look at Takeda. His voice...it seemed to lack any emotion. She didn't know what his problem was with Asuka but she could tell that he had a problem with her from the way he spoke to her.

"Takeda...may I speak to you away from everyone else for a moment? I need to discuss something with you."

"We need to get moving."

Karela didn't turn away from Takeda. "We'll catch up in just a minute. I just need to discuss something with Takeda."
 Cyborg Ninja
01-19-2011, 1:08 AM
"Takeda...may I speak to you away from everyone else for a moment? I need to discuss something with you."

Takeda looked over at Karela and nodded his head slowly. He would much prefer to scout ahead, and make sure the enemy wasn't waiting. Perhaps she wanted to talk about what happened earlier. These were her people...and Takai was chaotic. Takeda walked over to Karela and waited until the others had moved ahead.

"I apologize Karela for what happened earlier. I had not rested in a bit, and I was a bit drained from the clones and the dragon. Takai will not take over, I can assure you of this," Takeda said.
Page: 1 of 3