Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shinobi: The Rising Darkness

Page: 2 of 3
 CommanderQ
01-19-2011, 1:03 PM
"Akagi! It's time we get going. If you could do you think you could have a few of your men cover us? I don't want anyone sneaking up on us."

Akagi nodded, but said nothing. A lot had happened in such a short period of time, and he couldn't afford to think too much about it. He still had the villagers to protect, and he wouldn't.....couldn't, let them down.

He looked to a nearby retainer warrior, "Form up on the road! We need to get a protective force around the villagers...no stragglers and no intruders get in. Keep them together."

Taking a deep breath, Akagi turned on his heel on the way to one of the convoy's flanks, when he suddenly saw Asuka.

A brief smile came to his face, "Asuka! What in heaven and earth are you doing this far in my lands!! It has been a long time indeed!"
 Chevron 7 locke
01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
"I apologize Karela for what happened earlier. I had not rested in a bit, and I was a bit drained from the clones and the dragon. Takai will not take over, I can assure you of this,"

"That is not what I'm concerned about Takeda."

Karela stared Takeda right in the eyes. "First of all Takeda...congratulations on your promotion to Jonin. You really earned it during the battle against Gatoa." Karela smiled briefly and then the smile turned to a frown.

"And now I'm going to bring up my main concern. Takeda...I'm sorry that you have to hear this from me but I was really suprised and disappointed by the way you spoke to Asuka. Asuka helped us against the Arashi and without her we might not have been able to beat them."

Karela shook her head.

"What has she done to deserve that kind of treatment?"
 Cyborg Ninja
01-21-2011, 2:50 PM
"What has she done to deserve that kind of treatment?"

She left me...you all did

Takeda simply crossed his arms, refusing to let his guard down. He wouldn't let his guard down, he wouldn't be soft.

"I meant no disrespect. Asuka is a talented fighter, and I would be honored to fight alongside her once more...to fight alongside all of you. If that was it, then I should go scout ahead," he said to Karela in the same emotionless tone.
 Chevron 7 locke
01-21-2011, 2:59 PM
"I meant no disrespect. Asuka is a talented fighter, and I would be honored to fight alongside her once more...to fight alongside all of you. If that was it, then I should go scout ahead,"

Karela continued staring at Takeda. "Takeda...what happened to you? You seemed...happier a year ago then you are now. I don't know what happened to you since I left the village but I think something changed inside you."

She looked over at Asuka and then back at Takeda.

"Takeda...you can tell me what happened. I swear I won't tell anyone else."
 Cyborg Ninja
01-22-2011, 6:51 PM
"Takeda...what happened to you? You seemed...happier a year ago then you are now. I don't know what happened to you since I left the village but I think something changed inside you."

Takeda let his arms drop as he stared at Karela. What had happened to him? That was an excellent question. Many things had happened to him since Karela and the others left the village.

Takeda had become a Jonin, and even taught some Genin. However the Genin all viewed Takeda as too tough on them, that he was constantly pushing them to their limits.The problem wasn't in his intentions, more how he went about it. Since the others left, Takeda has had a difficult time getting to know others. He fears he'll get connected to someone, only for them to leave him.

His missions were much different from when he was a Chunin. That wasn't a problem for Takeda. The problem was once again in his actions. He usually took missions to take down dangerous shinobi. He would not show emotion during any encounter, only the determination to complete the mission.

"Takeda...you can tell me what happened. I swear I won't tell anyone else."

Her words, they were reassuring...like she understood. His hands tightened into fists. He couldn't let his guard down, he wouldn't be abandoned again.

"Not again," Takeda said turning away.
 Chevron 7 locke
01-23-2011, 10:59 AM
((Alright, time for us to reach the mountains.))

"Not again,"

Karela shook her head in confusion. She couldn't figure out for the life of her what was wrong with Takeda. Although she was still curious and very worried about him, she couldn't spend anymore time on him. They were coming close to the mountains and once they arrived she would have to discuss what to do next with Akagi and his remaining samurai.

"Well Takeda...I have to get going. I need to discuss our next move with Akagi and his men. If you wish to join the meeting and offer your own ideas then your more then welcome to."

She turned to look at the villagers and then turned back to Takeda. "If you ever do want to discuss whatever it is that is bothering you then you can always talk to me."

Karela then walked away and moved to where Akagi was. "I don't think the enemy shinobi are following us anymore, if they really wanted to then they would have caught up to us by now. We're only a few minutes from the mountains and I want to have a meeting with you and your men about what our next move is once we arrive."
 DrPhil2501
02-15-2011, 6:57 AM
((this hasn't died yet, I hope :( has everyone been procrastinating/working normal lives, or have the just stopped playing :( ))
 Cyborg Ninja
02-16-2011, 1:12 AM
Takeda took off the second Karela looked away from him. Running would help clear his head. He said he would scout ahead and he intended to do just that. Karela wanted to get Akagi's people to the mountains, and he would make sure nothing was waiting for them there. He was enjoying the quiet as he moved from tree to tree. That was until he heard an all too familiar chuckle. He ignored his demonic brother and stopped once he reached the mountains.

Ice is a powerful element Takeda. It is cold and deadly yet at the same time elegant and beautiful. You can use your abilities to be on the attack, like a deadly storm. Or you can defend others and yourself like a mountain.
His mother's words echoed in his head.

Takeda shook his head, lost in his past. He checked the area, and made sure there weren't any hidden attackers. After deeming the surrounding area safe he took off back towards the others. He stopped running once he reached the others. The first person he saw was Ryuu.

"The journey from here to the mountains is safe. We won't encounter any attackers," Takeda reported.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-17-2011, 6:01 PM
((Alright, CQ gave me permission to take over Akagi until he comes back.)

"The journey from here to the mountains is safe. We won't encounter any attackers,"

Karela overheard the conversation and walked over to Takeda. "Good job Takeda. Now that we know the road ahead is safe the villagers can rest for a bit and we can discuss our next move."

She turned to look at all of the villagers and then back to Akagi, Takeda and the mysterious man who had assisted them back at the village.

"Takeda, I would really appreciate it if you could volunteer some possible ideas about what to do." She then turned to look at the mysterious stranger who had helped them. "If you have any ideas about what to do I would love to hear them as well."

A few minutes later

Akagi's men were watching over the villagers and handing out rations to them while Karela and Akagi moved over to the side so the villagers couldn't overhear the meeting. She beckoned Takeda and the stranger over toward her and Akagi.

"Alright Akagi, I know you must be angry about what happened to your village...but I need to hear some ideas that don't involve us going back to the village. What do you think we should do?"

Akagi paused for a moment. "In all honesty, I don't know what to do. We never anticipated that our village would be attacked. I would like to hear the ideas of the others before I decide anything."
 Cyborg Ninja
02-17-2011, 7:19 PM
"In all honesty, I don't know what to do. We never anticipated that our village would be attacked. I would like to hear the ideas of the others before I decide anything."

Takeda nodded his head and began to do just that. His first thought was to bring the villagers to Leaf Village. However with Zarela back, that might not be a good idea.

You know thinking is difficult for you

Quiet you

I'm just trying to help Takeda

I don't buy it, and I don't need it

Takeda's eyes were beginning to blacken as Takai attempted to take control. Takeda shook his head violently and his eyes reverted back to their normal state.

"Perhaps we should bring the villagers to Yoroi and his village. I do not believe Zarela knows where that is," Takeda suggested.
 DrPhil2501
02-18-2011, 7:40 AM
"The journey from here to the mountains is safe. We won't encounter any attackers,"

Ryuu nodded, the wind blowing in his face. The villagers should be safe, hidden within the caverns of the mountain.

Karela approached Takeda, open to suggestions as to what to do next. She turned to Ryuu, with the same question. Takeda was the first to respond.

"Perhaps we should bring the villagers to Yoroi and his village. I do not believe Zarela knows where that is,"

"We must also not rush into action. We dont know who these people are. Otherwise, they would not have sent me on a recon mission. If we find out exactly who or what we are dealing with, we can build a strategy. We need somewhere with a vast archive to determine who it is."
 Chevron 7 locke
02-18-2011, 7:23 PM
"Perhaps we should bring the villagers to Yoroi and his village. I do not believe Zarela knows where that is,"

Karela shook her head. "For all we know, Yoroi's village may have already been attacked, it is also possible that Yoroi does not know of the attacks yet. As soon as I get back to the hidden leaf village I'll send a message to his village warning him about the attacks, but until then we need to take the villagers somewhere we know is safe."

"We must also not rush into action. We dont know who these people are. Otherwise, they would not have sent me on a recon mission. If we find out exactly who or what we are dealing with, we can build a strategy. We need somewhere with a vast archive to determine who it is."

Karela looked toward the villagers and sighed heavily. "We know a few things about our enemy. They seem to be coordinated, when they attacked the village they went right past the villagers and went directly for the samurai."

Karela shuddered slightly as she thought of Zarela.

"And it appears that they have the ability to bring people back from the dead. I know of only one type of jutsu that does that and from what I saw they weren't using it. This jutsu was something new."
 SkywalkerRules
02-20-2011, 2:20 PM
((Still in! Been hectic and busy... >< ))

Asuka stood there, ashamed and saddened. Now Takeda hated her. It was her fault. All her fault...

"No! I will not let negativity get to me. But I know what I must do." She turned to walk away, away from the others. She knew that everything changed. Even her friends and Takeda. They just didn't see that she had peace within her now.

"What happened? I mean I meditated and finally found peace within myself. But... why can't I just make things right?" She sighed and continued to walk.
 Cyborg Ninja
02-22-2011, 2:15 AM
Takeda looked up to see Asuka. It looked like she was walking away from the group. Takeda turned his head trying not to notice.

Letting her get away?

Takeda ignored him and listened to the others.

I can feel her sadness. I can feel her regret Takeda...must be our bond.

Takeda looked back up at where Asuka was walking. "Do you have an idea on what we should do Asuka?" Takeda asked her.

Takai smirked inside Takeda's soul. He had drained Karela a year ago. Perhaps there was still a little trace of that in her. There was only one way to find out.

Karela... A cry Takeda couldn't hear. An attempt to communicate with Karela's mind.
 DrPhil2501
02-22-2011, 7:48 AM
"And it appears that they have the ability to bring people back from the dead. I know of only one type of jutsu that does that and from what I saw they weren't using it. This jutsu was something new."

"I dont know of any group that fits with that description." Ryuu added. "Nor one that uses that particular category of forbidden justu as their signature."

He walked to the edge of the cliff, and gave a small rock a little kick down below. "Can match similarities with familiar organisations and syndicates, but... or perhaps they have advanced and developed new battle stradegies. Too difficult to decypher."

"Arashi are probably out of the question. Not many remnants left around the world to sustain themselves. Their prime motive was harvesting, to make themselves stronger."

He turned back to Karela. "Once we get these people to safety, you will probably need to consult with other villages. Konoha might have a large enough archive to determine who they are. Or perhaps even the Jōmae Village (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/J%C5%8Dmae_Village), but there it may be difficult to negotiate with them."
 Chevron 7 locke
02-22-2011, 4:20 PM
Karela...

Inside Karela's mind, two large red eyes slowly opened and looked around for where the voice was coming from. I'm sorry...my host is a bit busy right now. Whatever you want to tell her you can tell me. A slightly angry voice replied. Karela's sealed beast hated it when people attempted to communicate with her the way takai was. It always woke her up.

"Arashi are probably out of the question. Not many remnants left around the world to sustain themselves. Their prime motive was harvesting, to make themselves stronger."

Karela nodded in agreement. From what she had heard when Gatoa had been killed most of the Arashi had vanished into the criminal underworld.

"Once we get these people to safety, you will probably need to consult with other villages. Konoha might have a large enough archive to determine who they are. Or perhaps even the Jōmae Village , but there it may be difficult to negotiate with them."

Karela, who was busy talking with Akagi and the others couldn't hear the banter going on between her tailed beast and Takai thanks to the bijuu's actions.

"I was actually thinking that we could head to the hidden leaf village and see if they can give them shelter. The hidden leaf is one of the larger villages and it may have enough room. As for this other village...I've never heard of it before."
 SkywalkerRules
02-23-2011, 6:30 AM
"Do you have an idea on what we should do Asuka?" Takeda asked her.

Asuka glanced back, looking at Takeda. She came back, only to have an upset expression on her face. "You know what, Takeda? Before I answer your question, I have something really important to tell you. I know you still don't want to talk to me after the Shinobi incident, but that's fine. I have no reason to feel guilty. You know why? Because I sent a letter to you, saying that I was going to visit the monks to help me find inner peace with myself and that I would come back to the village. But you never wrote back. I was upset and stayed in that temple until I was free from my split personality side. I thought something terrible happened to you that day! I still love you, even if you hate me.

And that previous question you asked about what we should do? We should have all our family and friends back together. That's what we should do!" And with that, she stormed off, and sat by a river, looking down with tears streaming down.
 DrPhil2501
02-23-2011, 7:58 AM
"I was actually thinking that we could head to the hidden leaf village and see if they can give them shelter. The hidden leaf is one of the larger villages and it may have enough room. As for this other village...I've never heard of it before."

"Jōmae is a village located within the Land of Keys. The shinobi residing there are experts in espionage and reconaissance. Arguably, they have the biggest information network in all of the Shinobi World."

"Of course, their services are not cheap. Their Information is a currency to them; it is their weapon. Their defence. And they would rather die then expose their secrets. Well, secrets regarding the safety for their entire village understandably."

Ryuu paced closer to Karela. "If this threat is outside their boundaries, then negotiation may be possible. But like I said: it wont be cheap. They will want something in exchange."
 Chevron 7 locke
02-23-2011, 10:16 PM
"Of course, their services are not cheap. Their Information is a currency to them; it is their weapon. Their defence. And they would rather die then expose their secrets. Well, secrets regarding the safety for their entire village understandably."

Karela nodded. Any true shinobi would rather die than betray their home village. But this village to her sounded like a last resort option. In her opinion it would be better to try and search through the hidden leaf's archives first.

"If this threat is outside their boundaries, then negotiation may be possible. But like I said: it wont be cheap. They will want something in exchange."

"I think that before we do anything else we need to get the samurai and the villagers to the hidden leaf village and consult the Konoha archives before we do anything."
 DrPhil2501
02-27-2011, 6:28 PM
"I think that before we do anything else we need to get the samurai and the villagers to the hidden leaf village and consult the Konoha archives before we do anything."

"Very well." Ryuu nodded. "Do you require any further assistance? I need to report back to the head of my Order, and give him an update. We may have to intevene, if this has become a serious matter."

Afterall, Ryuu's primary objective was reconaisance. Intervening in a battle wasnt exactly part of the plan, but it wasnt like he could stand around doing nothing while watching people get slaughtered. The code he followed was flexible enough to allow him to do so, within proper reason.

He needed to report back. The newest pupil, Kaneda, might be interested in what Ryuu had to say; what with encountering one of his old friends. And besides, he also originated from Konoha as well.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-27-2011, 7:20 PM
"Do you require any further assistance? I need to report back to the head of my Order, and give him an update. We may have to intevene, if this has become a serious matter."

Karela thought for a moment and then put her samurai helmet back on as she motioned Akagi and the other samurai to come towards her, she then turned back towards the mysterious man.

"I think right now you should report back to the head of your order. It wouldn't be good if the enemy were to attack you without warning."

Karela smiled at him from under her helmet. "If you do need to contact the hidden leaf and what remains of the samurai then we will be discussing this attack in the Hidden leaf village. I will let the hokage know that you helped Akagi's village and thus can be trusted."

Karela then raised her voice. "Attention all villagers! As of now we are leaving for the hidden leaf village. It is a two day walk away from here and we will be at risk of attack! If you see anything suspicious on the way out then let us know immediatly!"

Akagi then turned to his samurai. "The Samurai will take up defensive positions around the villagers now! Do not leave anyone behind. Ready...Move!"

The samurai took up defensive positions around the villagers who slowly began to move. Karela jumped to the front of the group and continually scanned the area.

Two days later

Karela continued scanning the horizan even as the village came into view. She looked back at the villagers, some of them were limping and others looked like they hadn't eaten in awhile. They had been forced to leave the village without any supplies or water. Some of the children were now being carried by samurai since they were unable to walk anymore. As the village came into view Karela smiled and raised her voice again.

"Villagers! Welcome to the hidden leaf village! As soon as we enter you need to wait outside the hokage's office while Akagi and I will be discussing what to do with you. I will however make sure that you are provided with food and water while we meet."

Karela's words were greeted with cheers as she walked up to the gates of the village. Two leaf village shinobi stood in front of her. Karela was puzzled for a moment and then remembered that she was still wearing the samurai helmet. She took it off and smiled at the two leaf village ninja. "Karela of the hidden leaf village reporting in. I have survivors of a village that was attacked. Requesting permission to enter."

The two shinobi looked at each other and then nodded. "Permission granted."

Karela smiled and ran into the village with the villagers and samurai right behind her. She smiled brightly and then motioned for Takeda to come closer to her. "Takeda, I would appreciate it if you would join Akagi and I in meeting with the Hokage." She then turned to Asuka. "Asuka, it would be great if you could bring the villagers food and water while we speak with the hokage."

She looked up and sighed happily.

She was finally home.
 Cyborg Ninja
02-28-2011, 6:19 PM
I'm sorry...my host is a bit busy right now. Whatever you want to tell her you can tell me.

Takai smiled widely upon hearing a voice...and not just any voice. Takai flash backed to a year ago. He had gotten Karela angry, so angry she turned into a demon that caused so much destruction it made him laugh...just like everything else. He recalled her using her power to fight that arashi guy as well.

The best part was that this demonic power had a voice of its own. If he wanted to communicate with Karela he'd have to do so directly, but now he could talk to this mysterious being inside of her and learn more about her. For now though he'd stick with speaking to Karela...and he'd do that when the time was right.

Takeda stood in awe at what was just said to him. A letter? He never recalled getting a letter, but that didn't matter. The letter would explain her randomly disappearing one day...but this didn't change anything. Why didn't she say goodbye to him directly? Why did everyone have to leave him?

Two days later

"Takeda, I would appreciate it if you would join Akagi and I in meeting with the Hokage."

"I will, I have to give the Hokage my report any way," he said.
 DrPhil2501
03-02-2011, 7:19 AM
Two Days Later...

Masurao Kenjustu Academy - Land of Forests

Ryuu stood before the Warden - the head and the 3rd Generation Leader of the Masurao Kenjustu Academy. Her office was decorated with ceremonial weapons and armor. Pictures of her family stood on her desk, along with messes of paper and documents. She was a middle-aged woman, the colour of her hair matching her Yukata robe. Her most defining feature - a scar running across one of her eyes.

"And thats the full story." Ryuu finished. "Please forgive me. I had to intevene - innocent lives were at stake."

"You did well, Ryuu." Warden Kusanagi commended. "You provided us with the information we needed. Afterall, we (you especially) were very curious to what was occuring from your home of origin."

"Karela will be looking through Konoha's archives to find clues as to who these people are and their goals."

"And you say she's from Konoha? One of our recent pupil's friends perhaps?"

"I have already notified him; I thought it best that he needed to know. He was abit suprised to hear about Karela. Afterall, its been a year. He's writing her a letter to her now as we speak."

'No doubt. He is an excellent student. If we further investigate, it might be worth considering Kaneda Yamagato to assign it to him?"

"I'll consider it..." Ryuu said.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-02-2011, 8:28 PM
((PK, would you like to take over Naruto for the meeting?"

"I will, I have to give the Hokage my report any way,"

"Good." Karela said as she walked over to the entrance of the Hokage's tower and got up to the top of the tower as fast as she could with Akagi right behind her. Before she could open the door to the Hokage's office however Akagi put his hand on her shoulder. Karela turned around with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Whats the deal Akagi? The sooner we get in there, the sooner we can come up with some sort of plan."

Akagi shook his head. He was still wearing his helmet so she couldn't see his expression. "I know that the leader of your village is an honorable man...but do you think he would even consider sending a force to my village so that we can take it back?"

Karela shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. I think that before he considers doing anything he would need all the information we have. Plus we still have Zarela to worry about, Right now she's so strong I think even the hokage would have a tough time taking her on."

Akagi nodded and Karela opened the door to see the Hokage with his face down on the door and heard a snoring sound. Karela rolled her eyes, somethings never seemed to change.
 DrPhil2501
03-03-2011, 7:38 AM
((sure, no problem :) ))

The Hokage woke up with a sudden disturbance. After his vision returned from its blurry state, he saw too all too familiar figures right before his desk. He had to pat the side of his head, to make sure he was not seeing things.

"Either the hangover from the previous night is causing me to see things, or I'm seeing someone I havent caught up with in such a long time.

He shook his head to make him snap out of it. "Karela-chan... its been... going on a year now I think!" Naruto scratched his head. Then his suprised face turned into a deep smile. He stood up to hug her. "Its good to see you! Konoha has not been the same without you!"

Naruto then stared at the armored man whom stood next to Karela. It took him a while for him to recognise that it was Akagi, the Samurai from the far lands. "Akagi-san? What a reunion. I'd come over to hug you, but... I know how Samurai are when it comes to personal space." he laughed.

He crossed his arms. "What brings you two here?"
 Chevron 7 locke
03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
"What brings you two here?"

Karela smiled at the hokage and patted Akagi on the back before her smile was replaced by a sad expression. "I really wish I could have came back with better news but I'm afraid thats not the case."

She looked over at the samurai and then back at the Hokage. "Akagi's village was destroyed by unknown forces. These shinobi we fought at his village...they were really powerful. We managed to save most of the villagers but Akagi lost a lot of men trying to drive them back. As of now...Akagi's villagers have no home and I was hoping that they could stay here."

"And we have another problem...these shinobi that we fought...they managed to somehow bring Zarela back from the dead. I fought her and couldn't even land a punch on her. She's gotten much stronger somehow."
 Cyborg Ninja
03-03-2011, 2:13 PM
Takeda listened to the exchange between Karela and Akagi. He heard Takai snort and mutter something about Zarela upon Karela mentioning her. He followed the two into the Hokage's office.

"And we have another problem...these shinobi that we fought...they managed to somehow bring Zarela back from the dead. I fought her and couldn't even land a punch on her. She's gotten much stronger somehow."

"These shinobi are quite strong. They're much more difficult to combat, but can still be beaten. I shall find out where these shinobi got their abilities, and how they brought Zarela back if you will allow me," Takeda said.
 SkywalkerRules
03-04-2011, 8:42 PM
The young girl helped the villagers, seeing if they needed anything. She felt bad that she left the Leaf village, but she had to calm that hurtful spirit. Was it worth it?

Two days later...

Asuka played a flute while sitting on a tree branch. She figured if Karela or the others needed her, she'd be sitting on the branch playing her flute. This was one of the methods the monks told her about: playing a flute to calm herself.
 DrPhil2501
03-07-2011, 7:26 AM
"Akagi's village was destroyed by unknown forces. These shinobi we fought at his village...they were really powerful. We managed to save most of the villagers but Akagi lost a lot of men trying to drive them back. As of now...Akagi's villagers have no home and I was hoping that they could stay here."

"Destroyed you said?" Naruto echoed. "Though they lack major practices for basic ninjustu, they are a tough enemy to face. To hear they have been swiped is indeed a disturbing thought."

The Hokage crossed his arms. "We will provide a safe haven for the Villagers. But I'm afraid they are going to have to set up camp in the training fields; we dont have enough buildings here in Konoha to sustain and shelter an extra population.'

"These shinobi are quite strong. They're much more difficult to combat, but can still be beaten. I shall find out where these shinobi got their abilities, and how they brought Zarela back if you will allow me,"

"If these people are as dangerous as you make them sound, then by all means. Normally, we would send some of our own in the archives for research and investigation. But because you have had first hand experience with the enemy, I'll grant you full access to the archives. This acception is strictly limited to your investigation only."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-07-2011, 8:04 PM
"If these people are as dangerous as you make them sound, then by all means. Normally, we would send some of our own in the archives for research and investigation. But because you have had first hand experience with the enemy, I'll grant you full access to the archives. This acception is strictly limited to your investigation only."

Karela nodded and then looked over at the hokage. "In the unlikely event that we don't find information on this new enemy in the archives I would like to make a request: I would like to take a small force back to Akagi's village just in case some of the enemy are still there."

She looked over at Takeda. "I was talking with a few of the remaining samurai before we arrived here. They told me that if we were to return to Akagi's village they would like to have Takeda with them. They said he has proven himself as a formidable warrior and he has earned their respect."
 DrPhil2501
03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
""In the unlikely event that we don't find information on this new enemy in the archives I would like to make a request: I would like to take a small force back to Akagi's village just in case some of the enemy are still there."

"Since the Samurai are now under our refuge, this inevitably will become one of Konoha's affairs." Naruto stated. "I will organise a Team for you, under the condition that a Jounin be selected for leading the epionage, of couse."

He pulled from his filing cabinet a pile of documents, detailing profiles. "Takeda may accompany you as well, seeing as he is took a good role in the defences. Its logical of course to send you, because all of you have witnessed it first hand."

Naruto placed his hands together. "Give me time to assemble you a team."
 Cyborg Ninja
03-10-2011, 3:06 AM
"I will organise a Team for you, under the condition that a Jounin be selected for leading the epionage, of couse."

Takeda nodded his head slowly. Sure he had preferred to do things on his own, but a team might not be so bad. The samurai respected him, and he was honored by this.

"Takeda may accompany you as well, seeing as he is took a good role in the defences. Its logical of course to send you, because all of you have witnessed it first hand."

Takeda raised an eyebrow at this. Had the Hokage mixed up his words? No, he clearly said that Takeda could accompany the group as well...as in, in addition to the selected Jonin. Karela had been given praise upon being absent for a year, and the Hokage's respect.

"Why send a team for this? I could easily return to the village, and get to the bottom of this. A team would only slow me down," Takeda said, allowing his emotionless lone wolf attitude to resurface.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-10-2011, 4:40 PM
"Why send a team for this? I could easily return to the village, and get to the bottom of this. A team would only slow me down,"

Karela slowly turned toward Taked and raised an eyebrow. He didn't seem to realize how dangerous this new enemy could be.

"In case you forgot Takeda, these enemy shinobi seem to have tricks and jutsu that we've never seen before. If they managed to bring Zarela back from the dead then they may have brought more of them back. And we have no idea how many would be back at Akagi's village."

She shook her head. "No...I think it would be better if we went there as a team just in case."
 DrPhil2501
03-14-2011, 6:35 AM
Naruto was not at all pleased to hear Takeda's particular choice of words. Words that were all too familiar.

"In case you forgot Takeda, these enemy shinobi seem to have tricks and jutsu that we've never seen before. If they managed to bring Zarela back from the dead then they may have brought more of them back. And we have no idea how many would be back at Akagi's village."

"That is essentially the concept of Team Work, you of all people should understand Takeda. With allies by your side, you gather the strength you need. Working alone will have you facing difficult situations where you are forced to get out of your own way."

Naruto crossed his fingers and eyed Takeda. "Here's an example: I'm a bad guy. I hold you at knife point. I tell Karela to kill an innocent child, or you will die."

"A close friend of mine once chose this path. He became one of the most notorious, dangerous people of the Shinobi World, and I was forced to kill him. Dont make the same mistake as he did."
 Cyborg Ninja
03-15-2011, 1:30 AM
Takeda crossed his arms and listened to both Karela and Naruto. He nodded his head a few times.

"Yes yes, of course. Karela's right...she's always right. Me? All I am is a defense...no a distraction! I could never compete with the mighty Karela, or the smart Kaneda, or the kind Asuka, or the experienced Tategami! I'm just Takeda. The one who everyone abandoned!... the one that never left!"

Takeda turned around and walked to the door, stopping right in front of it.

"I guess I don't have that either," he said a bit softer before he walked out the door.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-15-2011, 9:38 PM
"Yes yes, of course. Karela's right...she's always right. Me? All I am is a defense...no a distraction! I could never compete with the mighty Karela, or the smart Kaneda, or the kind Asuka, or the experienced Tategami! I'm just Takeda. The one who everyone abandoned!... the one that never left!"

Karela's mouth was wide open due to the shock she was feeling. Takeda was being very disrespectful towards the Hokage...the strongest ninja in the village. But Takeda had been acting different since she had met him in the samurai village during the attack.

What happened to him? This isn't the same Takeda that I used to know. As of now he needs to be watched.

She turned to the Hokage and closed her mouth. "I-I'm sorry about that...I really don't know what got into him."
 DrPhil2501
03-18-2011, 4:11 AM
Naruto was not at all suprised with Takeda leaving the office; confused and frustrated. Though he could see the look of shock in Karela's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry about that...I really don't know what got into him."

"Dont blame yourself." Naruto added. "Its obvious he is going through a tough time. Probably ever since that battle from last year. We lost many people."

He held onto his hands and placed them on the table calmingly. "You're his friend, Karela. Its up to you to support him. Maybe he needs some time, in which case I'll be more than happy to give him time off from the mission."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-19-2011, 12:36 PM
"You're his friend, Karela. Its up to you to support him. Maybe he needs some time, in which case I'll be more than happy to give him time off from the mission."

"I don't think he would like being called off the mission...but I think I know why hes upset now that I think of it. Back when we were evacuating the village he seemed to be upset because everyone went their seperate ways after the Arashi incident."

She looked past the window and watched a few of the children playing on the lawn outside the hokage's office.

"I've always wondered what would have happened if we had stayed after defeating the Arashi...Would we be better off or worse?"

I wish Kaneda or Tategami were here, they might be able to talk some sense into Takeda.

"If I may ask Hokage, do you know where Tategami is? I haven't seen him since we got back and I'd like to see him again."
 DrPhil2501
03-20-2011, 10:36 AM
"If I may ask Hokage, do you know where Tategami is? I haven't seen him since we got back and I'd like to see him again."

"Tategami is currently within the Land of Tea conducting a mission. Though I just received word yesterday that he'll be returning ASAP to brief me on his overall mission status and results."

He pulled from his filing cabinet a document marked with logo of the Masurao Kenjustu Academy. "And speaking of Kaneda... Since his import to the Kenjustu Academy, I have been mailed his progress reports. He appears to be doing quite well; save for History Lessons (was not my strongest subject either)." Naruto smiled sheepishly. "Though they have just started giving him assignments for practical assesment."

Soaring through the clouds, a dove approached the proximity that was Konoha. It flew towards the housed perch where all the other messenger birds flew resided.

It flew passed the buildings, zoomed through the open window of the housed birds and sat on one of the open perches. A scroll with a message tied to its scaley leg, with name and address printed on the base of it. A message intended for Karela was written as follows:

Karela

Sorry I have not written in a while: I've been conducting assignments and practical assesments, and its hard work. Believe me.

I have received word of your return to Konoha. I have been informed of some recent developments: its good to hear you and Takeda have caught up. And Asuka as well. I figured I may as well join the club: they asked if I would like to join your mission as one of my first serious assignments, and I said yes. By the time you get this, I oughta arrive within the next day. Looking forward to seeing you, there is alot to catch up on.

Yours faithfully

Kaneda xox
 Chevron 7 locke
03-20-2011, 4:07 PM
"Tategami is currently within the Land of Tea conducting a mission. Though I just received word yesterday that he'll be returning ASAP to brief me on his overall mission status and results."

Karela sighed in relief. When she hadn't seen the Jonin she had assumed the worst. It was good to know that Tategami was alright.

"Though they have just started giving him assignments for practical assesment."

"Thanks you for informing me on Kaneda's progress Hokage. I think that I'll send him a letter informing him of the current situation."

Karela waved at the Hokage before turning around and leaving the room seeing Takeda in the hall she stopped for a moment. She stared coldly at him. "For the record Takeda, I didn't expect you to act that way in front of the Hokage. And I always thought that you were one of the most gifted among us."

She then turned and walked out of the building heading for where the birds were located. After a short walk she arrived at the building and looked over the birds when she saw one with a message attached to it's leg. A message for her.

She smiled brightly as she looked over the letter and raised her hand up into the air and let out a cheer.

Kaneda is finally coming back!
 Cyborg Ninja
03-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Takeda continued walking down the hall, until he heard a noise outside. He looked out a window, but only saw some children playing. He sighed a little as he continued to watch them play. He rarely got to play when he was that age. It was always training and helping others, it was practically all he knew.

Things were happening too quickly for him. He was still dealing with be left by everyone he knew, and now they were coming back. Speaking to him like they had never left...but it had been a whole year. Why hadn't he left the village as well? Why did he choose to stay?

"For the record Takeda, I didn't expect you to act that way in front of the Hokage. And I always thought that you were one of the most gifted among us."

He turned around once he heard Karela. They way she stared at him...he had seen that look before. He clenched his fists as she walked away.

"Don't patronize me," he said, mostly to himself.

He turned and left the building as well. He jumped up on the nearest roof and proceeded to jump to the next one. He kept moving until he reached the trees, still refusing to stop. He moved from tree to tree, until he found a nice spot in the forest. He jumped down and tossed his hat and robes away.

He did what he usually did when he had time...he trained. He was much more aggressive in this training session however. He was going through a lot currently, and needed to hit these trees to calm down. If that didn't work...than he'd do what he proposed earlier. He'd go back to Akagi's village and stick with his plan.
 SkywalkerRules
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
((Hey, guys, whazzup? Quick question: Where are we at now? :S ))
 DrPhil2501
03-25-2011, 4:54 AM
((its only been a like... half a page since you posted lol. The characters and the Samurai have returned to the Konoha, Karela got a letter from Kaneda and Takeda is going through some tantrums. Oh, and Chev? If its okay, I might to do a time skip exclusively in my post to the next day. That way incase people need to catch up in the present or finish something... or we could just play along with it haha))

The Next Day

He could feel the rushing wind breezing on his face as he leaped from tree-to-tree within the forest. Luckily he carried light - only his small backpack, ceremonial katana and basic ninja equipment were with him.

"Kaneda-kun" Ryuu called from behind. "There's honestly no need to rush - we are not that far now."

He couldn't help it. Kaneda had looked forward to returning back to his home village, catching up with familiars. Takeda, Asuka, Yoroi, Akagi... Tategami as well. And Karela. Its been a while since he saw those faces. There was a lot to catch up on.

Ryuu and Kaneda finally made it to the edge of the forest. The great gates of Konoha stood infront of them. Kaneda took a deep breath. Ryuu walked beside him.

"Nervous?" Ryuu enquired.

"Very!" was all Kaneda could bring up.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-25-2011, 4:37 PM
((I think we should just play along. I'm sure everyone could make it to the gates of Konoha.))

Karela watched from the top of gate as Kaneda and his friend approached the village. She had to admit, she had been looking forward to today and hadn't gotten any sleep. She had wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. She knew the others were on their way but she had wanted to arrive early.

She continued watching as they got closer and closer until she finally jumped down and managed to land directly behind him. "Hey Kaneda!" She shouted as she ran at him, fully intending to tackle him to the ground.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-25-2011, 5:19 PM
Takeda simply leaned back on the gate, once he saw the others. He had cooled down enough to still continue with the mission, even though he was still very displeased. This would be the first mission that he was part of team since he became a jonin. He had left his hat and robes behind, and decided to stick with his usual attire.

Though he wouldn't show it, he was somewhat eager to be part of the team again. Karela had talked much of Zarela and her increase in strength. She had even given Takai trouble as well. Karela didn't know that he too had become stronger since they had met, and when he fought Zarela he would prove that. For now he needed to focus on the journey ahead. He moved from the gate and nodded his head to Kaneda. He crossed his arms and waited for the others to arrive.
 DrPhil2501
03-26-2011, 1:53 AM
"Hey Kaneda!'

His eyes widened as he heard that familiar voice. Just as he was about to turn around, someone had tackled him onto to the ground. Luckily he had his arm to guard his head going face first into the ground.

A role of sweat rolled down his head. "Good to see you haven't changed, Karela..." he muffled.

Ryuu smiled amusingly down at Karela and Kaneda. "I've noticed he always either hesitates or holds back when it comes to sparring with girls..."

Kaneda struggled to move his head to eye Ryuu. A glaring, yet visually amusing face stared back at the Kenjustu Master. "They didn't need to know that, Ryuu-sensai!"

Ryuu beamed. He focussed his attention on Karela. "We've met before; back at the village. Its good to see you again."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-26-2011, 2:12 AM
"Good to see you haven't changed, Karela..."

Karela smiled sweetly and then rolled off of Kaneda before helping him to his feet. "It's always nice to see you Kaneda. Did you miss me?" She asked sweetly.

"I've noticed he always either hesitates or holds back when it comes to sparring with girls..."

Karela looked over at Kaneda and tried to hide her smile. It had been a long time since she had seen Kaneda and it was time to make up for lost time. Still...she had to mess with him somehow.

"We've met before; back at the village. Its good to see you again."

Karela turned toward Ryuu and smiled. "Its good to see you again as well. Some of the samurai were talking about how you helped them in the battle, in fact...I think a few of them wanted to see if they could spar against you if you came along with Kaneda.
 Cyborg Ninja
03-26-2011, 1:20 PM
"I've noticed he always either hesitates or holds back when it comes to sparring with girls..."

"He should remember it is not wise to hold back against Karela, even in a sparring match," Takeda chimed in, sounding surprisingly amused.

This came as somewhat of a shock to Takeda. Just yesterday he was angry and distant, and now here he was speaking his mind...just like he used to. He was always quiet, but when he was with these guys he was more open.

"Its good to see you again as well. Some of the samurai were talking about how you helped them in the battle, in fact...I think a few of them wanted to see if they could spar against you if you came along with Kaneda.

Takeda walked over to Karela, pulling a map out of his bag.

"I figured you might say something like that, which is why I took the liberty of remembering my journey last night. I've labeled spots that made good rest points for the night, and a path I deemed the most efficient for our group," Takeda said as he showed it to her.
 DrPhil2501
03-28-2011, 3:59 AM
"Its good to see you again as well. Some of the samurai were talking about how you helped them in the battle, in fact...I think a few of them wanted to see if they could spar against you if you came along with Kaneda."

"Another time, perhaps..." Ryuu replied. He wondered whether the Samurai of his village had forgotten who he was before he abandoned them. He also wondered whether there was any meaning behind the words "sparring", as if payback or retribution for being a missing-sam.

Takeda presented a map of the way to village. Ryuu nodded. "Well organised. Hopefully we wont encounter any enemy forces along this route."

"Who else will be on the team?" Kaneda scratched his head. "The briefing said an accompanying Jonin will be with us on the mission, in addition to other members."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-28-2011, 7:57 PM
"I figured you might say something like that, which is why I took the liberty of remembering my journey last night. I've labeled spots that made good rest points for the night, and a path I deemed the most efficient for our group."

Karela raised her eyebrows as she saw the map. It was quite detailed. She looked over at Takeda and grinned at him. "Good work Takeda. This will most likely come in handy."

She looked over at Kaneda.

"The briefing said an accompanying Jonin will be with us on the mission, in addition to other members."

"The Hokage hasn't decided on who will be joining us but he did say he was working on a team. I know Akagi and some of his men may join us while the others remain at the village."

Hyuga Compound

"- and in addition the Hokage has asked that one of our more experienced family members join a team that is going to be sent out on a dangerous mission. Apparently a samurai village was attacked a few days ago and was completley destroyed. I recomend that we send Dren. He has just returned to the village and he does have quite a bit of experience."

Hyuga Neji, the current leader of the Hyuga clan nodded in agreement. "I will notify Dren that he is being considered for this mission. This meeting is now over.

the other Hyuga clan members nodded and rose to their feet. Neji didn't even turn around before speaking. "It's alright Dren. You may enter."

A tall man with dark hair who was wearing a traditional Konoha jacket walked into the room. "I thank you for nominating me for this mission."

"Don't thank me yet Dren. You will be working with the woman who destroyed our home nearly a year ago. Karela. I want you to remember this...she was not herself when she attacked us. You must remember this."

Dren's fists were clenched even as he calmly nodded. "Very well." He said quietly as he walked out of the room and headed for the Hokage's office which was on the other side of town.
Page: 2 of 3