Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shinobi: The Rising Darkness

Page: 3 of 3
 DrPhil2501
03-31-2011, 12:51 AM
((are they departing for the mission right now?))

Naruto sat at his desk, organising a collection of folders - each one displaying a thumbnail profile photograph of the individual. So far, he had Karela, Takeda and Akagi assigned; in addition to Ryuu and Kaneda imported from the Masurao Academy. There was one more member he was expecting a reply from - a member from the Hyuga clan.

He could have made things easier and selected Takeda as the main Jonin. But Naruto was aware there was something not at ease with the man. Therefor sending a second Jonin would be conventional enough. Besides, they could gather more information if the two Jonin split the team up.

There was a knock on his door.

"Enter." he replied.

Dren, the member from the Hyuga clan he was expecting entered the office. Naruto crossed his fingers.

"Its good to see you Dren." Naruto read his file. "I have come to understand that you are close to becoming a Jonin. You must be aware that there is a prerequisite before undergoing the examinations."
 Chevron 7 locke
03-31-2011, 2:35 AM
((Not yet. I was going to have them all assemble in the Hokage's office and have a discussion with the Hokage before leaving. I was also wondering, do you think we could somehow include Tategami in the Rp?))

"I have come to understand that you are close to becoming a Jonin. You must be aware that there is a prerequisite before undergoing the examinations."

Dren crossed his arms and nodded. "I was told that there was some sort of requirement for this mission and I would like to know what it is. I was also told by the clan that you had people searching the archives for awhile but that they stopped searching a short while ago. It is my conclusion that you didn't manage to find anything worth finding in the acrchives."
 DrPhil2501
04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
((yeah :) I can put up his character sheet up soon. And sorry for the delay))

"I was told that there was some sort of requirement for this mission and I would like to know what it is. I was also told by the clan that you had people searching the archives for awhile but that they stopped searching a short while ago. It is my conclusion that you didn't manage to find anything worth finding in the acrchives."

"Or simply on halt. We need to gather more data." Naruto closed the folder, and rested his chin on his hands. "We have been given a report of the existance of an unknown force. Not clear as to whether it is a syndicate or organisation. We do not know what their motives are, or what they are after."

Naruto looked out the window, overlooking the village. Tents were dotted all over the training fields. "They have just recently attacked a Samurai Village, and as of now the surviving villagers are taking refuge here in Konoha. We are dispatching a recon team to the Village, to gather more information on the group we are dealing with."

He turned back to Dren. "There also another reason why I chose you for this assignment. I want you to keep an eye on the one named Takeda; he is a Jonin accompanying on the mission. Once the mission is complete, I expect a report on his behaviour patterns and performance. He cannot know I asked you to do this."

"The Hokage hasn't decided on who will be joining us but he did say he was working on a team. I know Akagi and some of his men may join us while the others remain at the village."

"Akagi?" Kaneda echoed with excitement. "He's here? How is he--" he stopped short, because he realised he already had the answer to his question. Afterall, he too would feel a little shaken if his village was attacked and liberated of its population.

Ryuu eyed Kaneda strangely. Kaneda exchanged glances. "What?"

"Did I not tell you breakfast was a very important meal of the day?" Ryuu noted, acknowledging the grumbling sounds of Kaneda's stomach. Kaneda looked sheepish.

"Heh... so you did." he turned to Karela. "Come on, you! I'm starving, and theres a lot to catch up on."
 Chevron 7 locke
04-04-2011, 10:06 PM
"There also another reason why I chose you for this assignment. I want you to keep an eye on the one named Takeda; he is a Jonin accompanying on the mission. Once the mission is complete, I expect a report on his behaviour patterns and performance. He cannot know I asked you to do this."

Dren nodded. "As you command Hokage." He was about to leave when he paused for a moment. "I understand that I will be working with the one known as Karela. The one who destroyed our home nearly a year ago."

He stared the Hokage straight in the eyes. "I lost someone very dear to me when she attacked the village. If she does turn against us once again I will not hesitate to take action against her."

"Come on, you! I'm starving, and theres a lot to catch up on."

Karela smiled and walked after Kaneda and then turned around to look at Takeda and Ryuu and motioned for them to follow her. "I'm sure that you two would be welcome to join us. The more the merrier I always say."

She took a quick look around. "Speaking of more...I wonder where Asuka and Akagi got to. Well...Akagi is most likely with his remaining samurai but I haven't seen Asuka in awhile."
 Cyborg Ninja
04-05-2011, 5:23 PM
"The Hokage hasn't decided on who will be joining us but he did say he was working on a team. I know Akagi and some of his men may join us while the others remain at the village."

Takeda let out a slight grunt, but said nothing more. He wanted to see who this "Jonin" was, and why he wasn't good enough. Did the Hokage think he was still too weak? Had he not proven that wrong this past year? Takeda shook his head and kept quiet as the others talked.

"I'm sure that you two would be welcome to join us. The more the merrier I always say."

"I'll pass for now. I think I'll speak with Akagi and his men...besides I'm certain the two of you have much to catch up on," Takeda said with a small smile hidden behind his mask.
 DrPhil2501
04-10-2011, 4:16 AM
"I'll pass for now. I think I'll speak with Akagi and his men...besides I'm certain the two of you have much to catch up on,"

Kaneda nodded. "Alright. Well, its good to see you Takeda." he said. "I'll catch up with you later..."

Ryuu decided to follow. "I might acompany." he added. "I hear Konoha has pretty decent ramen compared to other villages."

So they made it to their favourite ramen bar in the village. Kaneda snapped the attached-chop sticks with a flick of his hand and began digging into the bowl infront of him.

"I miss that taste. And aroma." he added. Ryuu stayed silent the whole time. Kaneda turned to Karela. "How have you been this past year? Sorry about not replying to those last few letters: you might understand what its like to be under preasure with examinations."
 Chevron 7 locke
04-11-2011, 12:58 AM
"How have you been this past year? Sorry about not replying to those last few letters: you might understand what its like to be under preasure with examinations."

Karela was just about to dig into her bowl of ramen before pausing for a bit.

"I've been pretty good this past year. I managed to pick up a few combat techniques from the samurai and I even got my own set of samurai armor from Akagi." She said with a smile remembering how proud she was when she had been given her armor.

"As for the letters...Its alright. I was actually about to apologize to you for not sending more of them then I did. I was so busy helping out Akagi's village I barely had time to write."

She smiled at Kaneda. "I...It's really good to see you again Kaneda. I've been looking forward to seeing you for quite awhile."
 DrPhil2501
04-11-2011, 11:23 PM
"I...It's really good to see you again Kaneda. I've been looking forward to seeing you for quite awhile."

"I'll say..." Kaneda added. "Seems like the both of us had lead pretty busy lives. I'm glad we can see each other in person, rather than having to rely on letters for communication."

There were alot of things on Kaneda's mind right now - things he didnt really want to discuss infront of Karela with Ryuu's presence. One thing running through his head was when he told Karela his feelings the previous year. The other thing was him coping with a part of Hokage Naruto's demon inside of him. He often wondered how Karela, a Jinchuuriki herself, coped with it all.

"I'm glad to see you too Karela." he smiled. "So... what did I miss out on? I hear Takeda's gone abit... funny lately..."
 Chevron 7 locke
04-12-2011, 10:09 PM
"So... what did I miss out on? I hear Takeda's gone abit... funny lately..."

Karela looked down at her ramen as her discussions with Takeda came to the top of her head. "Yeah...Ever since I met up with him hes been acting a bit...off."

She looked over at Kaneda. "I think that hes angry. I've had a few discussions with him and I don't like what I've heard from him. I think hes mad that you and I left the village at the end of the Arashi crisis. This is just a theory mind you."
 Cyborg Ninja
04-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Takeda watched the three walk for a few seconds before turning to go his own way. He wanted to check and see how the samurai were doing. The sooner they left the village, the better. He stopped when he found Akagi and the other samurai. He observed Akagi and his fellow samurai. Takeda was always impressed at how skilled they were at fighting. He approached his friend after a few minutes.

"It is good to fight by your side again Akagi," Takeda said.
 DrPhil2501
04-14-2011, 3:29 AM
"I think that hes angry. I've had a few discussions with him and I don't like what I've heard from him. I think hes mad that you and I left the village at the end of the Arashi crisis. This is just a theory mind you."

Kaneda stared into his ramen bowl, suddenly losing his appetite. He instead played with the ramen noodles floating in the solution. It was because of some sudden guilt that he had abandoned his team mates.

"I thought he would have been happy for us." Kaneda replied. "I mean, we all have our own lives to lead. He became a jonin, you went with the samurai, I pursued my own goals." Kaneda defended.

"And anyway, what about Asuka?" Kaneda smirked. "Before I left, those guys couldnt keep their hands off each other. I'm sure he would have been a little preoccupied... or did something happen between them?"
 Chevron 7 locke
04-14-2011, 11:28 PM
"It is good to fight by your side again Akagi,"

Akagi turned to Takeda and raised his eyebrow in suprise. He hadn't heard Takeda approach him.

"It's an honor to fight with you again Takeda. I'm sorry that we were to busy to say this earlier but...the villagers, my men and I are glad that you decided to help us fight the mysterious enemy that attacked our village. And if you are willing, we would be honored if you decide to help us when the time comes to take back our village."

"I mean, we all have our own lives to lead. He became a jonin, you went with the samurai, I pursued my own goals."

"Some people have a hard time accepting that." Karela said in agreement. "But sometimes I wonder....what would have happened if we had all stayed together in the hidden leaf?"

"Before I left, those guys couldnt keep their hands off each other. I'm sure he would have been a little preoccupied... or did something happen between them?"

Karela looked down at her ramen and frowned. "From what I can tell Takeda is angry at her as well. And Asuka is somewhere in the village but I haven't seen her for awhile. We actually encountered her when we were fighting to save Akagi's village and she came back with us."
 SkywalkerRules
04-17-2011, 8:23 PM
Asuka was meditating by a tree with legs crossed. As she meditated, she started to think about Takeda. All that they've been through and all the adventures they had. Deep down, he knew that she still loved her. And that she loved him. He probably didn't want to admit it.

"Why don't you just end your life...?" a demon said to her, that was in a black mist form. "He will never love you like he did before. Why waste your time? Time and life doesn't matter anymore..."

Asuka glared with her eyes closed still. "Go back to the shadows of the abyss, demon. I will hear nothing that you have to say to me. I found my peace. I will find a way to be with Takeda again. Even if he doesn't love me anymore..."

"You poor, misguided child. Takeda has given up on you. Face the facts. You know this to be true. Until we meet again..."

The demon laughed, and faded away. Asuka opened her eyes, sitting still with tears streaming down her blinded, angry eyes. "He still loves me. I know it..."
 DrPhil2501
04-18-2011, 9:05 AM
"Some people have a hard time accepting that." Karela said in agreement. "But sometimes I wonder....what would have happened if we had all stayed together in the hidden leaf?"

Kaneda couldn't help but feel the same; if simply staying in Konoha would make any difference at all.

"If we had not gone our seperate ways, where do you think the Samurai would be had you not stayed with them?" Kaneda added. "Had you and Ryuu sensai not be there, their numbers would have trully shrunk."

"Its part of a growing experience, as well." Ryuu added to the conversation. "Of course you and Kaneda had to depart ways. It gives you a chance to for new challenges and experiences. Dont blame yourself for what others may think. In the end, its what you do that really matters."

"For example; I left the Samurai, because I felt I was not one of them. So I decided to try out something new. And here I am today, eating Ramen with my student and his friends."

Kaneda finished the last of his Ramen bowl.

"I have to go see my family... and prepare for what awaits me." Kaneda said dreadfully. "Most likely the loud bangs of party poppers, streamers and raining confetti all over me."
 Cyborg Ninja
04-19-2011, 1:09 AM
"It's an honor to fight with you again Takeda. I'm sorry that we were to busy to say this earlier but...the villagers, my men and I are glad that you decided to help us fight the mysterious enemy that attacked our village. And if you are willing, we would be honored if you decide to help us when the time comes to take back our village."

Takeda bowed to Akagi. Even though he was his friend too, Takeda did not feel as if the samurai had abandoned him. He always knew Akagi would return to his village, and was honored at how much he helped the Leaf village.

"It would be an honor to assist you in that Akagi," Takeda said.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-19-2011, 8:39 PM
"I have to go see my family... and prepare for what awaits me. Most likely the loud bangs of party poppers, streamers and raining confetti all over me."

Karela had to laugh at that. "You say that like its a bad thing Kaneda. And I'm sure your family really missed you while you were gone." Karela said as she finished her own bowl of ramen and stood up. "I'm going to go and talk to the Hokage before I head home. I plan on finding out whats going on now that the samurai are here in the village."

"It would be an honor to assist you in that Akagi,"

Akagi smiled. "When the time comes for us to fight to take back our home we will let you know. But in the meantime...a few of my men would like to train with you if it is alright with you."
 SkywalkerRules
04-19-2011, 8:46 PM
Asuka stood up and walked away from her spot. As she walked, she spotted Takeda and Akagi. She desperately wanted Kaneda to know that she never really abandoned him. However it was going to turn out, she'd still keep trying.

The young girl breathed calmly with eyes closed. "I can do this. I can do this..." She opened her eyes and walked towards them. She then stood a few feet from Takeda and Akagi.

"Hey, guys," Asuka said, smiling sheepishly, "How are you guys doing?"
 Cyborg Ninja
04-20-2011, 2:24 AM
"When the time comes for us to fight to take back our home we will let you know. But in the meantime...a few of my men would like to train with you if it is alright with you."

Takeda thought about this for a moment. They probably had some time, seeing that Kaneda would probably want to visit his family. A training session seemed like the perfect thing to do while he waited.

"That is perfectly fine with me Akagi," Takeda said.

"Hey, guys," Asuka said, smiling sheepishly, "How are you guys doing?"

Takeda's body stiffened up at the sound of Asuka's voice. The last time she had spoken to him, she had stated she sent him a letter...one he never received. He wanted to believe her, and part of him did. It was just he had been under the impression she had abandoned him like the others did. He didn't know what to think anymore.

"For the moment alright," Takeda replied switching to the cold emotionless tone. He mentally scolded himself and let out a sigh. "A few of Akagi's men were going to train with me, you are more than welcome to join us," he added in, his tone much softer than before.
 DrPhil2501
04-22-2011, 6:53 AM
"You say that like its a bad thing Kaneda. And I'm sure your family really missed you while you were gone."

"You know me; I hate suprises." Kaneda added simply. "But, yeah I still missed them."

"I'm going to go and talk to the Hokage before I head home. I plan on finding out whats going on now that the samurai are here in the village."

Kaneda nodded. He stood up and gave Karela a hug goodbye. "I'll see you later then. Oh yeah, before I forget: I received word that Tategami-sensei has just came back from his mission. He'll give you an even BIGGER hug than mine... and thats not necassarily in a good way."

He turned and walked back to his home, where his parents were waiting for his arrival.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-22-2011, 5:21 PM
"That is perfectly fine with me Akagi,"

Akagi smiled under his helmet and slapped Takeda on the back lightly. "That is excellent news Takeda. I'm sure that my men and my villagers will greatly appreciate the help...but now...Shijra would like to spar with you."

A samurai wearing black armor stepped forward and nodded respectfully at Takeda. "I am told that you are a great fighter. I saw you fight at the village and now I would like to spar with you."

"Hey, guys,"

Akagi looked over at the newcomer and it took him a few seconds to recognize her. "Asuka..." He said with a smile. "It is good to see you again."

"A few of Akagi's men were going to train with me, you are more than welcome to join us,"

"Yes..." Akagi said with a smile. "It has been quite a while. Like Takeda said you are welcome to spar with us."

"I'll see you later then. Oh yeah, before I forget: I received word that Tategami-sensei has just came back from his mission. He'll give you an even BIGGER hug than mine... and thats not necassarily in a good way."

Karela returned the hug and smiled. "I'll be sure to be on the lookout for Tategami. But you do know that he'll most likely go after you first." She said with a smile as she turned and headed for the Hokage's building.
 Cyborg Ninja
04-25-2011, 12:25 AM
"I am told that you are a great fighter. I saw you fight at the village and now I would like to spar with you."

Takeda returned the nod and got into a defensive stance. Akagi was a very skilled fighter, and if this Shijra was from the same village he knew this samurai would be just as good.

"Would you prefer unarmed combat, or with weapons for this sparring match?" Takeda asked.
 SkywalkerRules
04-25-2011, 4:13 PM
"For the moment alright," Takeda replied switching to the cold emotionless tone. He mentally scolded himself and let out a sigh. "A few of Akagi's men were going to train with me, you are more than welcome to join us," he added in, his tone much softer than before.

Asuka looked at Takeda sadly and looked down. Then she had an idea. "If I say yes, maybe this'll be a chance to win his heart back..." She looked back up and quietly replied with a smile, "Yes. Yes, I'd like that very much."

"Asuka..." He said with a smile. "It is good to see you again."

"Akagi!" She hugged him with a smile. "Good to see you again." After that, she smiled at the two and the samurai.
 DrPhil2501
04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Naruto smiled, as he looked at the list of team members assigned. Organising Ninjas to various missions and organising scheduals was a complicated business; he was glad to be finally rid of the task. For the week, at least.

He stared at the names on the list.

JONIN
Daisuke TATEGAMI
Takeda KUEI

CHUNIN
Dren HYUGA
Karela [insert surname] ((Your character doesnt seem to have a surname, Chev haha))
Asuka KYO

IMPORTED
Kaneda YAMAGATO
Ryuu ISHIKAWA
Akagi SHURIJIMA

The classic eight-man squad, in Naruto's thoughts. Reminded him of the good old days when he was a genin. Then fast forwarding to the present, a year ago - when most of these named individuals were knuckle-headed allies. A year has passed, things will no doubtly be different.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-27-2011, 7:19 PM
"Would you prefer unarmed combat, or with weapons for this sparring match?"

"I would prefer that we use swords and only swords. And if you will allow it I would prefer that you do not use any jutsu. I wish to see how good you are with a sword and nothing else."

Shijra walked forward and pulled a large sword off his back and held it in front of him.

"We may proceed when you are ready."

"Good to see you again."

Akagi smiled as Asuka hugged him and he patted her on the back. "It is good to see you as well Asuka." He said as he looked over the samurai who were watching Takeda. "If you wish to spar with someone feel free to ask."

Karela jumped from branch to branch as she headed for the hokage's building. She quickly and quetly landed on one of the tree branches outside the building. She could see the Hokage was working on a list, most likely a list of the ninja who would be sent on the mission.

Karela quietly snuck in the open window as quietly as she could and looked over the list before tapping the Hokage on his shoulder.

"So hokage...I see that you made up a list for the mission. Any idea as to when we're going to be heading back to Akagi's village?"
 Cyborg Ninja
04-29-2011, 3:43 PM
"Yes. Yes, I'd like that very much."

Takeda nodded his head in approval. He was glad to see Asuka still had a will to fight. He turned his attention back to his samurai opponent who issued a swords only challenge. While he didn't have an actual sword, he could easily make one. Takeda was certain using his jutsu for the sole purpose of creating a sword would not bother the samurai as he still planned on sticking to the sword's only challenge.

"We may proceed when you are ready."

Takeda closed his eyes and concentrated on a sword. He began creating the handle then worked on creating the blade. Within a matter of seconds he had finished creating his ice sword. The sword itself was of average height, no where near as large as his opponent's. He took a defensive stance and opened his eyes.

"I'm ready," Takeda said.
 DrPhil2501
05-01-2011, 8:32 AM
The Hokage had reviewed the list once more, to ensure of no time colision with other priorities. All of a sudden he felt a tap to the shoulder. The shock scared the heck out of him as he yelped.

"So hokage...I see that you made up a list for the mission. Any idea as to when we're going to be heading back to Akagi's village?"

"Next time, please use the door." Naruto said sternly. "The preparations have been complete. Tategami has returned, but its mandatory for every shinobi to take long break inbetween missions. So two days from now, you'll be sent back to Akagi's village."

Naruto gave Karela one of those "I trust you" looks.

"Between you, myself and another; Takeda's progress will be monitored and assessed. I trust you to not inform him about this?"
 Chevron 7 locke
05-01-2011, 2:50 PM
((As soon as everyone posts and I finish up the sparring match we're going to to a two day skip to the morning when everyone leaves the village.))

"I'm ready,"

Shijra slowly circled Takeda, looking for the best area to launch his initial strike. He paused for a moment and then ran at Takeda and brought his sword down in a series of quick yet powerful strikes. He was holding the sword so that when Takeda would hit back he would be able to quickly pull his sword back so he could defend himself better.

"The preparations have been complete. Tategami has returned, but its mandatory for every shinobi to take long break inbetween missions. So two days from now, you'll be sent back to Akagi's village."

Karela sighed. She would have enjoyed going now but the Hokage had said otherwise. And she knew that he did trust her not to take off to the village early.

"Very well. I'll make sure that everyone is ready to leave on the morning two days from now."

"Between you, myself and another; Takeda's progress will be monitored and assessed. I trust you to not inform him about this?"

"Of course Hokage." Karela said quietly. "I have seen his recent behavior towards others recently and I am concerned. He's really acting...odd."
 Cyborg Ninja
05-03-2011, 2:32 AM
Takeda backed up and began blocking the incoming attacks. Shijra was indeed a very powerful samurai. At this rate the samurai would back Takeda into a corner and that would be the end of the match. Thinking on his feet he jumped over the samurai as soon as he brought his sword down. Takeda quickly turned and swung his ice sword.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-05-2011, 6:36 PM
The moment that Takeda managed to jump over him Shijra instantly began to rethink his strategy. From what he had seen so far he knew that he could not underestimate Takeda, not with his ability to form ice weapons and his combat experience.

Alright...watch out for his ability to create ice weapons and don't let him get behind you and you should be fine...He thought as he turned around and blocked the strike with his own sword.

Shijra slammed his sword into Takeda's ice sword and watched with satisfaction as a dent appeared in the ice sword, the satisfaction abruptly vanished when he saw a crack appear on his own sword. He narrowed his eyes from under his helmet and launched a barrage of sword strikes against Takeda.
 Cyborg Ninja
05-08-2011, 2:31 AM
Takeda barely had time to react as Shijra slammed his sword against his. Takeda felt his sword receive a dent, but he held his ground. The samurai's sword had also taken a bit of damage. Unlike Takeda, the samurai's sword could not be so easily fixed, so Takeda would not add more ice to his sword. He was back on defense as Shijra began swinging his sword again. The final hit knocked Takeda back into a wall. He got to his feet and decided to be more offensive. If Takeda could close the distance enough, his massive sword wouldn't be able to get Takeda. Takeda attacked Shijra with a combination of quick and slow attacks, making sure to mix up the two.
 DrPhil2501
05-08-2011, 7:52 AM
"Of course Hokage." Karela said quietly. "I have seen his recent behavior towards others recently and I am concerned. He's really acting...odd."

"Then you will understand that it is for his own good." the Hokage added. "Perhaps even the village as well. Of course, it may be nothing at all."

One of the Hokage's assistants entered the door, holding a stack of documents.

"I apoligise, Hokaga-sama. But we have some forms we need you to sign immediatly."

The Hokage sighed. "And here I thought I was ridded of it for the day."

"Well, if you got them over and done with in the first place, you'd have more time enjoying your luxuries." The assistant sternly pointed out. The Hokage resigned.

"Very well, put them on my desk and I'll sort them out. Pardon me, Karela. I've got work to do."
 Chevron 7 locke
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
"Very well, put them on my desk and I'll sort them out. Pardon me, Karela. I've got work to do."

Karela saluted smartly and then smiled. "Of course Hokage. I'll hopefully see you in a few days. Good luck with the paperwork." Karela smirked when she saw the amount of paperwork he had to deal with. She then quickly jumped out the window and landed on one of the tree branches. As soon as she made her way down to the ground she turned and began walking towards her own little apartment.

Shijra was having trouble holding his own against Takeda's constant attacks, he could never seem to tell where the swords strikes were going to come from until the last moment.

He managed to deflect one of the stronger strikes and was about to try and bring his own sword down on Takeda's ice swords when the swords was knocked from his own hand and sent flying into the air. This was no small feat since his sword was quite heavy.

Shijra jumped back and held his hands up. "I yield." He said as he held out his hand to show that the match was over. Akagi walked over and smiled. "I must say Takeda...I am impressed. Shijra is one of the strongest samurai under my command and sometimes even I have trouble sparring with him."
 Cyborg Ninja
05-11-2011, 1:17 AM
Takeda had brought his sword down, but the samurai was able to knock Takeda back this time. Takeda saw the samurai getting ready to swing his own sword down on him. Takeda changed his grip on his ice sword and swung up with great force. He managed to knock Shijra's sword right out of his hands.

"I must say Takeda...I am impressed. Shijra is one of the strongest samurai under my command and sometimes even I have trouble sparring with him."

"Thank you Akagi...I've had a lot of time to get better over this past year," Takeda said.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-11-2011, 3:50 PM
((Alright, it is now time for a two days timeskip. We're all meeting at the village gates.))

"Thank you Akagi...I've had a lot of time to get better over this past year,"

Akagi smiled again. "I see that your skills have improved and we have not forgotten how you fought for us at the village. We have a gift for you."

Akagi turned back towards the crowd of samurai and motioned one of them forward. "This sword belonged to a friend of mine...who is no longer with us. But I am sure he wouldn't mind if his sword went to an honorable warrior."

The samurai handed to the large sword to Akagi who held it out for Takeda to take.

"Take it...I am sure that it will help you a great deal in battles yet to be fought."

Two Days Later

Karela sighed as she contined leaning against the gates of the village. She had been waiting for the others for nearly ten minutes. She was about to call it quits and head back to her apartment when she spotted a familiar figure in samurai armor walking towards the gates. "Hey Akagi!" She shouted out, "Over here!"

The samurai looked over at her and changed directions even as he looked around for the others. "I take it the others haven't arrived yet?" He asked as he walked up to her.

"No...I hope they show up soon though. I'm eager to start this mission. Hey...wait a minute. Where are the rest of your samurai?"

"They are going to be staying behind. I need them to watch over the survivors from the village. I also thought we might be a bit...noticable if we had a squad of my men following us."

"Good point." Karela said as she continued watching for the others.
 DrPhil2501
05-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Kaneda walked with his sensei towards the village gates. Kaneda was constantly yawning, Ryuu looked down at his pupil.

"If you went to bed early, you wouldnt be in this state."

Kaneda replied with another, yet particulary louder yawn. Kaneda held his jaw painfully.
"Ahrr, no. Extended Jaw too far..." he waited for the pain to fade away. "Dont you just hate it when that happens?"

The two arrived at the village gates, Karela and Akagi were already waiting for them. Ryuu was the first to speak. "Sorry we're late. It was hard enough gettiing this one out of bed without his parents waking him prior."

Kaneda gave another yawn. "I see not everyone has turned up yet..."
 Cyborg Ninja
05-15-2011, 1:45 PM
Takeda was making his way towards the main gate. He was still proud of himself for his victory two days ago. He now had the sword his was given on his back. He saw Karela, Akagi, Ryuu, and Kaneda all by the gate.

"My apologies, I lost track of time during my training" Takeda said.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-16-2011, 3:31 PM
"Sorry we're late. It was hard enough gettiing this one out of bed without his parents waking him prior."

Karela had to stop herself from laughing. It seemed that Kaneda had picked up a few habits from his sensai. Still...she had done the same thing quite a few times so she really couldn't blame him. Akagi looked over at Kaneda and had to smile. "You didn't sleep well did you Kaneda?"

"I see not everyone has turned up yet..."

Karela was about to respond when Takeda showed up with a large sword strapped to his back. Karela raised her eyes in suprise. That was a samurai sword that she had seen a few times during her time in the samurai village. "Hey Akagi...isn't that one of your swords?" She asked.

"It belonged to a friend of mine who is no longer with us...Takeda earned it during a sparring match with one of my men."

"Really?" Karela said as she looked over the sword. "Well...congratulations Takeda." She said with a smile.

She looked up as a dark shape jumped down from the gates and landed behind them. The figure walked out of the shadows and nodded at them. "I am Dren of the Hyuga clan. I have been assigned to your squad in case we see combat.

Karela couldn't help but notice that when Dren looked over her his eyes seemed to narrow.

"Wait a minute...Where's Tategami?" She asked. "I thought that he was going to be on our squad."
 DrPhil2501
05-18-2011, 4:09 AM
"I thought that he was going to be on our squad."

There was a sudden tap on Karela's shoulder. Kaneda watched amusingly.

"Sorry, I didnt want to spoil the suprise."

A very tall and muscular figure stood behind Karela. His hair was tied back into a pony tail and thick moustache covering his upper lip. As soon as Karela turned around, the muscular man wrapped his crushing-oversized arms around Karela. "It has been a far too long time, Karela-chan."

"I did warn you before." Kaneda pointed out. "He could crush an entire mountain with those arms of his." he laughed.

Kaneda took note of Karela's reaction, and frowned at his old sensei. "Umm... could you please let go of her, Tategami-sensai? You might kill her, or something."
 SkywalkerRules
05-19-2011, 1:18 PM
Asuka watched everyone, smiling. She was glad that everyone was together again. But since that last time everyone seperated, things didn't feel the same anymore. She looked down, saddened and trying to hold back the tears. Then she looked back up at everyone again, smiling.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-19-2011, 9:06 PM
"Sorry, I didnt want to spoil the suprise."

Karela looked over at Kaneda and was about to ask him what he meant when she suddenly turned around as she sensed someone behind her. She looked up and saw Tategami but before she could say anything he caught her in a crushing hug.

"It has been a far too long time, Karela-chan."

"Its nice to see you again Tategami-sensai." Karela managed to gasp back as he continued to hug her.

"Umm... could you please let go of her, Tategami-sensai? You might kill her, or something."

Karela nodded her head at Kaneda as she tried to muster the strength to speak.
 Cyborg Ninja
05-20-2011, 1:29 AM
Without knowing it, Takeda was thinking the exact same thing Asuka was. The group was back together...minus Dai, but it did feel different. Takeda nodded his head at the Huyga clan member Dren. Now that Tategami had arrived, it seemed everyone was finally accounted for. Ready to leave, Takeda pulled out his map and walked over to Tategami.

"It is good to see you once more Tategami sen...Tategami," Takeda said as he was a Jonin as well now. "I think its best we go now that everyone's here. I've gone ahead and planned a route for the group, as well as labeled resting points," he said showing Tategami the map.
 DrPhil2501
05-25-2011, 9:43 AM
Tategami restrained himself and let go of Karela. He beamed, and ruffled her hair. "I sincerely apoligise." he added. "I tend to get a little too embracing when I have not seen a dear friend for to me seems a lifetime."

Kaneda sighed. "His vocabulary skills havent lightened up I see..." he mumbled. He stared at Tategami and smiled. "Its good to see you, sensei."

"It is good to see you once more Tategami sen...Tategami." a familiar voice spoke, coming from the masked man he had worked with before. One of his pupils, Takeda. Tategami was amazed at his transformation from chunin to Jonin.

"I think its best we go now that everyone's here. I've gone ahead and planned a route for the group, as well as labeled resting points...

Tategami examined the map. He pointed to some of locations labbeled on the route. "Well labbeled, Takeda-kun. But there is a slight problem with the selected route."

Tategami pointed a finger along a road to the north east. "In this time of the year, the Devil Hornets swarm this area to gather resources to prepare for winter. We're going to have to take this alternate pathway that avoids the swarm."

He followed his finger along the first resting point. "This area I would highly recomend we avoid.... unless some of you can withstand migrated Manchurian Wild Boars during their mating season."

Tategami crossed his arms. "The rest of the route is satisfactory. Just as long as we avoid those areas for no complications."
Page: 3 of 3