Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TimBob12's WIPs

Page: 1 of 2
 TimBob12
11-03-2010, 3:01 PM
Hi there,
Welcome to my WIP Thread:

Current Projects
Shadows Of The Empire
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202826)

Completed

Tatooine Job Office BOS:SR Patch - [COMPLETED]
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20306318/job_office_bos_zip)

Populate Function - [COMPLETED]
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207031)

K2 HK Reskin Pack - [COMPLETED]
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K2_HK_Reskin_Pack;118217)

The Tatooine Job Office - [COMPLETED]
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/34-tatooine-job-office/)
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Tatooine_Job_Office;118238) - Featured Added Content

Conditional Scripts Tutorial - [COMPLETED]
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2766577#post2766577)

If you want any more information or screenshots just ask and you shall recieve.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

TimBob12
 Blix
11-03-2010, 4:05 PM
Wow looking good! I always thought Tatooine could use some more quests, what with the main objective which ties directly into the Czerka quest - there wasn't really much to do there.
 TimBob12
11-03-2010, 4:11 PM
Ive had to put down some of the percentages as I was previously using datapads to manage conditional scripts although i have just worked out how to use globals for that job so am transfering all datapds to globals.
 TimBob12
11-05-2010, 6:38 PM
I have fully completed the first quest now and it uses globals instead of datapads and is like so much cleaner. (There were datapads flying around everywhere) I only have the dialog and scripts to sort out for the second quest but I have still got to do the entire third quest.
 TimBob12
11-07-2010, 7:04 AM
I have virtually finished the second quest now although before I start the final quest I want to know that there will actually be enough people interested. Currently I have one person who appears as if they want this mod to come out. If I don't get enough interest I may just move onto a different slightly bigger mod.
 Darth Elessar
11-07-2010, 9:02 AM
I have virtually finished the second quest now although before I start the final quest I want to know that there will actually be enough people interested. Currently I have one person who appears as if they want this mod to come out. If I don't get enough interest I may just move onto a different slightly bigger mod.

I think it sounds like a good mod. :) :)
 TimBob12
11-07-2010, 9:10 AM
Thanks, I am getting close to finishing now so I am gonna finish it. I will also want 3 beta testers soon. First three to say they want to beta test get the job. Once bugs have been fixed it will be released asap.
 Slstoev
11-07-2010, 1:33 PM
I'm interested in beta testing but I'll have to get to finish up Dantooine. I'll send a PM just to be sure.
 Rinku
11-07-2010, 1:46 PM
This looks very nice :D. I am really interested in this, keep up the good work!
 LDR
11-07-2010, 4:31 PM
I'm very interested in beta testing.
 TimBob12
11-07-2010, 4:32 PM
1 Place left in beta testing.
 Sith Holocron
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
It would be nice if you were somehow able to utilize the cut Tatooine modules in your mod somehow.
 TimBob12
11-09-2010, 2:06 AM
Do you know the warp codes for the cut modules?
 Random Nickos
11-09-2010, 5:44 AM
 TimBob12
11-09-2010, 3:38 PM
will you want me to use the modules they created or do you want me to haev a go myself. Thanks for the link by the way hadn't seen that before.

EDIT: Just realised all the lost modules were just room models so will hopefully be incorporating the tatooine level in this mod. May extend the number of quests to five and generally do a Tatooine Restoration Mod. (With Darth Insidious' Permission)

EDIT 2:Just played the tatooine restored module and think it is far too glitchy.
 LDR
11-09-2010, 4:53 PM
Then perhaps use the Tatooine Temple? Czerka says that... nvm. I'll send you a pm of my ideas.
 TimBob12
11-10-2010, 4:22 PM
I am proud to announce that LordDeathRay is now helping with this mod. He will be helping me to complete the 2 new larger quests. One of them will hopefully include the cut Tatooine Temple and possibly some other modules.
 Trench
11-11-2010, 1:58 AM
A nice idea, with some nice progress up front. Nice.

I'd recommend giving the Jawa and the Rodian unique names. "Czerka Jawa" and"Shady Czerka Rodian" just don't seem to flow with the game too well.
 TimBob12
11-11-2010, 2:08 AM
That's a good point. I named them that at the beginning of the mod just for ease. I will change them asap. :D
 Sith Holocron
11-11-2010, 5:25 AM
I am proud to announce that LordDeathRay is now helping with this mod. He will be helping me to complete the 2 new larger quests. One of them will hopefully include the cut Tatooine Temple and possibly some other modules.

Don't forget to ask Darth Insidious for permission before you start using the cut modules! Perhaps some kind modeller will help you help remove the glitches from the Tatooine lost modules.
 LDR
11-11-2010, 9:37 AM
TB, maybe you can send Quanon a PM. If he isn't too busy, he may be able to help with the glitched up lightmaps.
 TimBob12
11-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Sith Holocron : I quote from the readme

I make no claim over usage - you may create and upload your own versions of this mod
however and wherever you like - but it would be nice to receive a cred at the end of your
readme. ;)

LordDeathRay: Did you mean lightmaps, walkmeshes or both? (Cos I get areas I can't walk to which I am pretty sure is to do with poor walkemeshes)
 LDR
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I forget what they're called. I don't model, so I have a very poor understanding on what they are.
 TimBob12
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
OK will drop him a PM now.
 logan23
11-11-2010, 1:12 PM
I will caution before you start building into these lost modules to release the version you have if it completes your original vision and then go onto these which can be a version 2.
The reason I say this you could be entering into a section of modding that might be new and could lead to issues and learning curve that could end up bogging down the release of the mod when the version you have now meets the original design.

food for thought
 TimBob12
11-11-2010, 1:28 PM
I am on the road to completing the original three quests (which are fairly simple aas this is my first mod) and I will release that. As logan23 said it might take a while to complete this new module section.
 redrob41
11-11-2010, 1:31 PM
The quests are :

The Missing Supplies [100%]
The Missing Officer [97%]
The Missing Weapon [10%]

I will caution before you start building into these lost modules to release the version you have if it completes your original vision and then go onto these which can be a version 2.
That's a good idea. If you release the first three missions, it might help you get an idea of how many people are liking your work. It could also act as a bit of an audition for yourself; other modders might get more interested in helping out once they've seen what you can do. Besides, getting something done feels good, and the user feedback and critiques can help a lot to improve your next project.

For a version 2, you could either change the original three quests to use the new modules, or leave them as-is and make completely new quests to use the new ones.
 TimBob12
11-14-2010, 12:53 PM
The third quest is coming along nicely. It is going to be a bit harder than the other 2 so will take a bit longer. But the first version will be ready for a beta test soon
 Bad213Boy
11-14-2010, 6:28 PM
Can't wait to check it out
 Liverandbacon
11-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm actually quite interested in this. Quest mods are some of my favorites, as they add more of what I like about the game. The smaller scale is actually appealing to me, as that means there will likely less conflicts with other mods than there would be on a huge one, and a bunch of smaller quest mods can add up to a ton of new content.
 TimBob12
11-16-2010, 2:36 PM
Hopefully should have the beta out in the next two weeks (1 place still left).

Thanks for all the comments they are really encouraging. :D
 TimBob12
11-20-2010, 1:23 PM
UPDATE:

This mod isn't dead. I am currently finalising the last quest.

Its just I have been very busy with GCSE modules but they are finished now so full steam ahead. :D
 .:Sam:.
11-22-2010, 6:53 PM
I like the sound of this, TimBob12. In my opinion the best way to make a name for yourself in the Knights of the Old Republic community is to not start of too ambitiously; which is exactly what you're doing! I believe you'll give the community a nice addition to their collection of modifications by releasing these missions and therefore I'd like to say well done and keep up the good work! I look forward to trying these missions out. :)
 Jedi/Sith
11-22-2010, 7:11 PM
This sounds interesting and I would like to say keep up the good work
 TimBob12
12-02-2010, 4:53 PM
Hello People,
Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been very busy with school work but tonight I have made a major breakthrough. I finally worked out the error that was bogging down my last .utp file. SO thanks for all the comments and I have updated the percentages. So beta testing soon, then the final release :woop: :D
 Bob Ta'aar
12-04-2010, 6:09 AM
So beta testing soon, ...
where can I sign up :D?
 TimBob12
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Bob Ta'aar you have just filled the postition of 3rd and final beta tester. Congratulations.

I am currently finalising all the global variables so I can work on the last parts of the scripts that determine the dialogue for the last quest. All going well :D!!!
 bendarby24
12-08-2010, 1:19 PM
is there going to be a tls patcher because if not it will be not compatible with my over mods :/
 harIII
12-08-2010, 1:39 PM
This is very impressive imo. You're learning fast for just spending a month on it. Hope to see this thing come out because likewise I always felt Tatooine to be a bit blank.
 Bob Ta'aar
12-08-2010, 3:38 PM
Bob Ta'aar you have just filled the postition of 3rd and final beta tester. Congratulations.
Sweeeet! Thanks, just tell me when and where to get the files :thmbup1:!

is there going to be a tls patcher because if not it will be not compatible with my over mods :/
I might be able to lend a hand with that, if it's not done anyways. Worked around with it quiet a bit lately.
 TimBob12
12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Just wanted to post a quick update.

I have finished most of the mod now but just have the last couple of globals and journal entries to link together in the jawa's dialogue.

I will most probably add this yes.

Thanks

TB12
 TimBob12
12-10-2010, 5:47 PM
Beta Testers, fire up your engiens. You can now download the beta version of The Tatooine Job Office. I will send you each a PM with what parts need to be checked and what I need you to look for. I don't think you should need anything more than a week. So get Testing!!!
 bendarby24
12-20-2010, 11:05 AM
have you finished the belter testing yet so i can downloud ;)
 LDR
12-20-2010, 3:20 PM
Um, we're still working at it. I was the first to send back the beta testing results, and I gave him a few ideas to 'spice up' the quests. He's incorporating them as we speak, I think.
 TimBob12
12-20-2010, 3:25 PM
I am but I have been put back a bit by Christmas.

P.S. Does anyone know how to make custom weapons upgradeable. I just can't do it
 Slstoev
12-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Here's is a tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143789&highlight=custom+weapon) though I think there was another specifically for your dillemma but I can't find it now.
 TimBob12
12-21-2010, 4:05 AM
Thanks, there are now 2 custom weapns you can buy from the black market. An ancient double blade and an nancent vibriblade.

All I will say is that when upgraded with a certain crystal the double bladed saber has a very interesting / lethal property.
 TimBob12
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Right, I have now emerged from my christmas holiday cave and I have managed to persuade myself to get off my backside and do something useful. Basically I want to finish this mod before my coursework starts in a few weeks. (I won't be on much)

Now I am just playing through the whole thing fixing all the bugs sent to me by the beta testers (Thanks for that there was loads you found that I wouldn't have found). Makign sure scripts run correctly and the making TSL patcher installer for it.

All in all I don't think I have too much to do.

So Watch This Space. I will update reguarly.

Thanks for all your support.

TB12
 Doctor-Hal
01-12-2011, 5:36 PM
Hey this looks awesome! Tatooine always did seem a little dull, it'll be nice to have something more to do there.
 JediExile
01-12-2011, 5:41 PM
Can't wait to try this out. :) I agree--Tatooine needed some extra quests to spice it up!
Page: 1 of 2