Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TimBob12's WIPs

Page: 2 of 2
 .:Lord Revan:.
01-12-2011, 6:06 PM
Nice idea looking forward to it. :thumbsup:
 TimBob12
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.
I have fixed most of the bugs but have now decided that the one of the dialogues is incredibly primitive as i did it right at the begiinng so will redo that. won't take too long though.
 TimBob12
01-18-2011, 3:39 PM
GOOD NEWS!!
I expect a release this weekend. I have completed almost everything now. I have some new custom items and am just sorting out readmes TSLPatcher and commenting my scripts.

All the source scripts will be available and all will be commented so other modders looking for practical uses of script functions can look at my mod.

Thanks

TB12
 Lord of Hunger
01-18-2011, 5:33 PM
Congrats! I've been quietly following this mod and have been looking forward to its release (more content is always awesome).

Good work and hope you keep going in the KOTOR modding scene. :)
 TimBob12
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks, I think I'll be sticking round for abit.
 harIII
01-21-2011, 3:40 PM
Wow, congratulations Tim, I know this has been going on for some time now and it's always exciting to see new plots added to the games.
 TimBob12
01-21-2011, 4:02 PM
Thanks, and its nice to see you back as well. Everything is completed now apart fromt the TSL Patcher. Bob Ta'aar is doing that and I have sent him a PM. So release is imminent.
 Totenkopf
01-21-2011, 5:23 PM
Very timely, TB12, as I'm looking for new mods at the moment to update my collection.
 TimBob12
01-24-2011, 5:20 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS.

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED.

I shall upload to Kotor Files tomorrow when i am more awake. Iwill create an emporium thread as soon as it has been approved.

Once again thanks to everyone who has helped me especially my beta testers and Bob Ta'aar for the TSL Patcher entries.

Thanks Again

TimBob12
 Bob Ta'aar
01-24-2011, 5:27 PM
Sweet! Might I suggest to upload it at Deadlystream (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/) as well?
The guys who made TSLRCM have a very healthy and ever-growing mod community there who surely will enjoy your mod.
I can also do it for you, if want me to and don't like to register there.
 TimBob12
01-25-2011, 3:21 AM
Thanks. Ill do that

Ive not seen thaat site before
 TimBob12
01-25-2011, 1:22 PM
Tatooine Job Office is now available on Deadly Stream. - Kotor Files is pending approval.

Taris Upper City Emporium Link - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206577)

Deadly Stream - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/34-tatooine-job-office/)

(also updated first post)
 TimBob12
01-27-2011, 4:35 PM
Updated first post with details of my current project:

Conditional Scripts Tutorial
 TimBob12
03-08-2011, 3:54 PM
Updated first post with latest info on projects including new links.
 TimBob12
04-03-2011, 4:06 PM
Updated first post with information about my

Populate Script Function

which populates areas with as many NPCs as you want from one script function.
 TimBob12
04-06-2011, 1:09 PM
Right here is a question for you modders.

I would like to create some new scripting functions that would aid modders in creating stuff. Like my populate function and the idea behind that.

So i wanna know what do you guys wanna see in the way of new functions?
 newbiemodder
04-06-2011, 1:49 PM
I wish there was an application like the whereami armband that could tell me what the actual 'room model name' is in addition to your actual x.y,z location, module name, nearest placeable etc.

The only way I know of is kind of guess work to determine what room model I'm acually in. This would make things easier in terms of reskinning modules, when you may not want to reskin the whole module but just a certain room or area. I usually get my xyz coords, check the lyt file for something close, then open that room model in gmax...time consuming and a pain in the a$$.

Not sure if possible, but that would be #1.
 TimBob12
04-06-2011, 1:51 PM
Not sure if this is possible through script. I shall investigate though.
 LDR
04-06-2011, 3:10 PM
I also wish that the whereami cheat could show the X & Y Orientations as well as the X, Y, and Z Positions. It gets tiresome to write the full Positions and Orientations with the whereami armband.
 TimBob12
04-06-2011, 4:04 PM
I don't think I quite follow you.
 newbiemodder
04-06-2011, 4:34 PM
Or maybe make some work around scripting a trigger. It's my understanding that triggers can only be done via the .git file. Maybe there is a way to spawn an invisible placeable or something and when the pc gets into a certain range/proximity - , it acts like a trigger and fires whatever script, dialog needed.

The modder could get his desired coords via the whereami armband, enter it into the script to create his "trigger area". Thereby making the trigger area as big or little as needed.

May prove helpful...
 Dak Drexl
04-06-2011, 4:50 PM
I also wish that the whereami cheat could show the X & Y Orientations as well as the X, Y, and Z Positions. It gets tiresome to write the full Positions and Orientations with the whereami armband.

There are people who have already done this. The orientation really isn't all that hard to figure out anyway, it's just degrees on a circle.
 TimBob12
04-07-2011, 2:33 AM
Or maybe make some work around scripting a trigger. It's my understanding that triggers can only be done via the .git file. Maybe there is a way to spawn an invisible placeable or something and when the pc gets into a certain range/proximity - , it acts like a trigger and fires whatever script, dialog needed.

The modder could get his desired coords via the whereami armband, enter it into the script to create his "trigger area". Thereby making the trigger area as big or little as needed.

May prove helpful...

This is interesting and could prove very helpful. I like this idea and think it might work. I shall investigate.
 Slstoev
04-07-2011, 2:36 PM
Can you make a Character Creation tool like in Dragon Age but you can edit it right ingame?
 TimBob12
04-07-2011, 5:59 PM
I think that this is impossible as i cannot edit files through script.
 Liverandbacon
04-07-2011, 6:14 PM
Edit: My post has been made redundant, as I hadn't refreshed the page between reading and replying, and didn't see TimBob's post.

Can you make a Character Creation tool like in Dragon Age but you can edit it right ingame?

I think I can answer that for TimBob with a pretty decisive no.

The engine just doesn't support it. The in-game models are pretty rigidly defined. To get a single completely new (differently shaped, not recovered content, or a recolor) head takes quite a bit of work in a 3d modeling program, which I suppose is the closest thing to a 'character creator' there is.
 TimBob12
05-12-2011, 1:54 PM
Attention all BOS:SR users... you may now use the Tatooine Job Ofiice in conjunction with BOS:SR with the use of this patch

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20306318/job_office_bos_zip)

It just fixes a few clashes and all installtion instructions are in the readme.

Also updated first post...

Thanks

TB12
 νυrτ
02-28-2013, 2:05 AM
When installing Tatooine Job Office i get these errors (i have BoSSR installed previously)

• Warning: A file named k_ptat17af_enter.ncs already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named k_ptat18ac_enter.ncs already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named n_grodian_comm1.lip already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named n_grodian_comm2.lip already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named n_grodian_quel.lip already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

maybe it's not a problem? Another thing that, most likely, is a problem though, when installing the patch for BoSRR (from the readme):

"Then you need to navigate to your Kotor 1 Overide folder and find the file

k_ptat_17af_enter.ncs

and rename it to

k_ptat_17af_enter_bos.ncs"

There is no file called k_ptat_17af_enter.ncs in my override folder so this step isnt possible.

Any help or suggestions would be great, seems like a good mod :)
Page: 2 of 2