Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is this worthy...

Page: 1 of 1
 ZimmMaster
10-20-2010, 9:34 PM
This is a personal skin of mine that I have used and I enjoy using it. So I was wondering if this skin deserves a release:

Large Image *56k Warning*
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/ZimmMaster/Revan/jedirevanrobelrg-1.png)

What does everyone think? Comments, Feedback, Advice, and Constructive Criticism is welcomed.
 Viado Onasi
10-20-2010, 9:37 PM
Nice, I like the gold look!
 Jedi/Sith
10-20-2010, 9:50 PM
That looks really cool
 ZimmMaster
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I wanted to give Revan's Robes a more Jedi-like appearance.
 Xarwarz
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Why not u should release it looks kool man
 ZimmMaster
10-20-2010, 11:43 PM
If, I'm going to release it, I'm going to need help with a problem. The image above is a pre-rendered image altered to show what I want it to look like.

So I tried to make the texture and got this:
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/ZimmMaster/Revan/N_DarthRevan01.png)

This is what it looks like in-game *1080p Image Warning*
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/ZimmMaster/Revan/screenie.png)

As you can see it does not look right. Can someone tell me what is wrong?
 Viado Onasi
10-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Did you put it in the override?
 ZimmMaster
10-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Yes... It would not show up otherwise...

EDIT: I think the problem lies in the texture itself. Or, more specifically, my skills with texturing.
 Prime
10-21-2010, 9:23 AM
As you can see it does not look right. Can someone tell me what is wrong?I think I'm missing the obvious, but what exactly isn't looking right?
 Sithspecter
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
^I'm with Prime, it looks almost exactly like what you had in mind, what doesn't look right to you?
 Salzella
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
all i can see is that it's much more yellow in-game than in the texture.
 ZimmMaster
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
The mask is too dark. The flap on the belt is showing more brown instead of a pale orange and as Salzella said, the armor plating looks more yellow than gold. It needs more shine.
 Seikan
10-21-2010, 1:16 PM
You should make the armor parts lighter, I think that what happens is that the texture shows darker ingame.
 redrob41
10-21-2010, 1:38 PM
the in-game screenie looks like the chest plate and fore arm guards aren't as gold as you'd like, and the brown cloak looks too dark, am I right? My guess is that your gMax or 3DS Max graphic settings are different from the screen brightness of your in-game settings. I know that I have the same problem when I make screen shots using gMax (they're usually too light), or in-game (usually too dark). I don't know how to change the settings for Max, but there should be a brightness setting in-game.

As for the texture work itself, what program are you using? If it is Photoshop, I'd suggest using the "Match Color" feature. With it, you can select an area in one image, and match it to the color of an area in a different image.
 ZimmMaster
10-21-2010, 2:45 PM
the in-game screenie looks like the chest plate and fore arm guards aren't as gold as you'd like, and the brown cloak looks too dark, am I right?
Yes, you are right.

My guess is that your gMax or 3DS Max graphic settings are different from the screen brightness of your in-game settings. I know that I have the same problem when I make screen shots using gMax (they're usually too light), or in-game (usually too dark).
That happens to everyone? I thought it was something to do with my graphics card.

As for the texture work itself, what program are you using? If it is Photoshop, I'd suggest using the "Match Color" feature. With it, you can select an area in one image, and match it to the color of an area in a different image.

I'm using GIMP. But this "Match Color" feature sounds useful. Is there one in GIMP?
 Dak Drexl
10-21-2010, 3:21 PM
I'm using GIMP. But this "Match Color" feature sounds useful. Is there one in GIMP?

Try the eye dropper tool. I dunno what it's really called, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

And as for the skin, I think it's a nice subtle change that people would like. However, the little hooks or loops around the waist look awful. You should probably cover those up with the originals and then re-edit them, because they look all splotchy for some reason.
 Blix
10-21-2010, 3:53 PM
Nice, I like it :)
 ZimmMaster
10-21-2010, 4:12 PM
Try the eye dropper tool. I dunno what it's really called, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

And as for the skin, I think it's a nice subtle change that people would like. However, the little hooks or loops around the waist look awful. You should probably cover those up with the originals and then re-edit them, because they look all splotchy for some reason.

Yes I do know what you mean, and unfortunately that does not help. Also, I noticed the splotchy hooks already and I have fixed it.

EDIT: I think I've fixed the problems. Does everybody think it looks more like the original now?

*1080p Image Warning*
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/ZimmMaster/Revan/screenie2.png)
 Viado Onasi
10-21-2010, 7:20 PM
much better, nice work!!
 Jedi/Sith
10-21-2010, 7:31 PM
Yeah that looks a lot better then the other one. Hope you release it.
 redrob41
10-21-2010, 7:33 PM
I don't know anything about GIMP.

The "Match Color" is definitely more useful than the eyedropper. It compares two large groups of pixels (even two whole images), and calculates how to make one look like the colors of the other.

Here's a quick video (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/854726/photoshop_match_color_simple_and_amazing_results/)that) shows how it changes a blue image so that it becomes oranges & yellows. The net effect is that the plane looks like it was photographed under the same lighting conditions as the sunset.

EDIT: I think I've fixed the problems. Does everybody think it looks more like the original now?
it's looking better, and more like your original. I don't think that the metal looks very gold though, unless you consider it a purple gold (http://www.utilisegold.com/jewellery_technology/colours/special_colours/) alloy.
 ZimmMaster
10-21-2010, 8:35 PM
Yeah, that's one thing I can't seem to fix. The metal is actually a little too yellow. But if I make it more like the original image (the pale yellow) it loses the metallic shine. It still needs work though.
 ZimmMaster
10-24-2010, 4:43 PM
Done and submitted to KotOR Files.
 Slstoev
10-25-2010, 2:41 AM
Those this work with Sithspecter's fix for K1?
And can you make for TSL also using Hunter's Run's fix?
 Rtas Vadum
10-25-2010, 2:53 AM
Those this work with Sithspecter's fix for K1?
And can you make for TSL also using Hunter's Run's fix?

If its just an edited texture, it would work with any of the Revan models, the texture could be used in both games. If the model was edited, then that would take some work.
 ZimmMaster
10-25-2010, 9:48 AM
If its just an edited texture, it would work with any of the Revan models, the texture could be used in both games. If the model was edited, then that would take some work.

Plus, I can't model. So I probably cannot help.
Page: 1 of 1