Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to place new NPC's

Page: 1 of 1
 Darthchicken
07-20-2010, 5:16 PM
**Im sorry if this question is answered on another thread, I just can't find it**

I am relatively new to modding Kotor but i have created a merchant that i need for a mod I'm making. I'm trying to make it so he is placed near the Hyperdrive inside the Ebon Hawk. Unfortunately i have no idea how to make this happen without replacing anything :swear:

Any help would be appreciated!! :hugs:
 Yatsookey
07-20-2010, 5:28 PM
Try maris fetts tutorial for module building, it has a section in it for placing new NPC's, id give you a "live" tutorial but im not the best at npc placement myself.

Here's marius' tutorial

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185199)
 Canaan Sadow
07-20-2010, 5:29 PM
void main()
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "creature_templateresref", Location(Vector(0.00,0.00,0.00), 0.0));
}

You'll have to do a Where Am I cheat to get the x,y,z coordinates, which go in the spots labelled 0.00 (in alphabetical order so x goes in the first 0.00, y goes in the second and z goes in the third).

:edit:
And you can attach that script to dialogue to spawn the NPC or you could put the NPC there through the module file (though I'm not sure how to do the latter).
Page: 1 of 1