Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mass Effect Weapons

Page: 2 of 3
 Inyri
06-03-2010, 1:22 AM
What I'll do eventually when I have enough made is actually make them custom weapons. As I release them individually I'm just doing replacements.

Just an update. I'm only about half done with the texture, but I think it's okay enough to show. As always, feel free to crit. The white bits are areas where the paint has worn away. I'm planning on using an environment map there to make them shine which should look pretty cool if I do it right.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/widow-wip.jpg)
 Trench
06-03-2010, 1:28 AM
Epic work, even without the EnvironMap.

:golfclap:

iloveit!
 Xarwarz
06-03-2010, 1:40 AM
coming along well no matter which weapon you create it will be 10x better than the crappy ones your replacing
 LDR
06-03-2010, 6:15 AM
Wow! That looks really nice! But I'm just wondering, will you be able to make Shepard's N7 Onyx armor?
 GeorgNihilus
06-03-2010, 5:30 PM
While it may not be as functional or exactly what you're going for (replacement), it would be cool if it could be HK-47's personal sniper rifle or something.
Well making the .uti is always better IMO 'cause you can just rename it to replace whatever you wish (replacing the Sith Sniper Rifle or whatever), or keep the new weapon instead (like a personal sniper rifle for HK47 as suggested here) ... :)

oh and I like a lot those white areas with paint worn away, an unexpected very cool 'touch' indeed from your part ... :thmbup1:
 Inyri
06-03-2010, 7:17 PM
Wow! That looks really nice! But I'm just wondering, will you be able to make Shepard's N7 Onyx armor?Well, the title of the thread is Mass Effect Weapons. I have no plans for any armor mods at this time.
 LDR
06-03-2010, 7:35 PM
Oh. Well I tryed to make it, but it got mirrored and... Well I love the Widow. Can't wait to see the textures fully complete.
 Demongo
06-03-2010, 7:43 PM
Wow that's epic... Can't wait to blow someone's head off with that:p
 Darth Payne
06-03-2010, 7:45 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/widow-wip.jpg)

For some reason i keep thinking 'Republic' when ever i see that skin.
 Inyri
06-03-2010, 9:52 PM
Little update. Feel free to comment on the sizing of the Widow. Seemed fairly accurate to me (and I played through a whole game of ME2 with this weapon... <3).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/th_me-weps.jpg) (http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/?action=view&current=me-weps.flv)

Psst. It's a video.
 Xarwarz
06-04-2010, 2:11 AM
It looks on point to me no complaints
 Darth Payne
06-04-2010, 3:37 AM
Looking *VERY* good.
 Rinku
06-04-2010, 3:46 PM
Looks perfect!!!

Now I have a reason to have Zaalbar with me.
 Mandalore The Shadow
06-04-2010, 4:41 PM
All this looks great keep up the good work
 GeorgNihilus
06-04-2010, 5:53 PM
Little update. Feel free to comment on the sizing of the Widow. Seemed fairly accurate to me (and I played through a whole game of ME2 with this weapon... <3).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/th_me-weps.jpg) (http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/?action=view&current=me-weps.flv)

Psst. It's a video.
Looks great, but I couldn't see in the video its distance to the floor. I've seen a few weapons actually "inserted" into the ground when holding them in rest position ... :raise: and that might be a minor annoyance ...

sure it doesn't touch the ground? what about females who are normally shorter? :)
 Inyri
06-04-2010, 6:51 PM
Doesn't touch the ground with males (video is cropped). Haven't checked females yet.

Edit (6/6/10): I don't think I'm going to make any more ME models right now (unless someone has a burning desire for something I haven't made yet and can convince me I want to make it). What I need before I wrap this up is some input from you guys. First, do you want me to release the Widow on its own as a replacement the way I have it set up now? If not, what my plan is is to take these three weapons and put them in-game legitimately.

What I need is some input on where to place them and what stats to give them (for KotOR1 and TSL). If I don't get any input I'll have to figure it out myself, and at that point there'll be more of a chance that it'll conflict with your guys' favorite mods since I probably don't use them and am not familiar with them. So leave your two cents. Thanks.
 GeorgNihilus
06-06-2010, 6:26 PM
TSL:
* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.
* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:
* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.
* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right? :raise:

still have to see about pistols stats ... :) oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall :lol: ...
 LDR
06-06-2010, 7:22 PM
Inyri, I have a burning desire for you to make the M-76 Revenant. Pic-----> http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Revenant.jpg) You don't have to, but it would be cool to see this awesome weapon ingame.
 ZimmMaster
06-06-2010, 8:03 PM
Inyri, I have a burning desire for you to make the M-76 Revenant. Pic-----> http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Revenant.jpg) You don't have to, but it would be cool to see this awesome weapon ingame.

I second that.
 Seikan
06-07-2010, 4:42 AM
TSL:
* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.
* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:
* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.
* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right?

still have to see about pistols stats ... oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall ...

That's fine to me, and if any one want to change the weapon's stats theirselves it's not so hard ^^
 darth-me
06-07-2010, 5:51 PM
I have to third the request for the Revenant, but if you don't want to make any more, that's up to you, not us. Obviously.
 Darth Payne
06-07-2010, 5:52 PM
Hmm, the 'Revenant' strikes me as a possibly Mandalorian weapon.
 .:Lord Revan:.
06-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Psst. It's a video.

Love everthing but the stand it sort of sticks out :)
 Yellow_Pinkie
06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Lock and Load. These are awesome.
 Shaggoth
06-08-2010, 3:06 PM
is the pistols released already? i'd like to have every kotor weapon replaced with me models, or at least, as much as i can :)
 Inyri
06-08-2010, 8:10 PM
Has not been released yet, no. I'll release them at the same time as the full pack.
 Shaggoth
06-09-2010, 3:03 PM
yeah, but will you continue or not? i'm a bit confused, sorry
 Inyri
06-09-2010, 8:56 PM
I'll probably make the Revenant, but not tonight. It's game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 8)
 lxlg
06-09-2010, 9:11 PM
Your ME weapons look great I've been using the Avenger model you made and it's great. Personally I think it's better to make the items unique instead of replacements. For adding them into the game I would suggest scripting.
 Shaggoth
06-10-2010, 6:07 PM
nooooooooooo!! default kotor models are so ugly :( replacing them with those of awesome design, would be perfect!
 LDR
06-10-2010, 7:23 PM
I'll probably make the Revenant... :drop2: Really? You will? You don't have to... but what do I care? :confused: Go for it!
 Kainzorus Prime
06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
I'll probably make the Revenant, but not tonight. It's game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 8)

With sounds? Cause Rev ain't gonna be the same without its heavy clinging firing sound.
 Inyri
06-11-2010, 1:49 AM
Will have to leave that up to the individual, as there's no real legitimate way to go about including the sounds.
 Darth Payne
06-11-2010, 2:45 AM
Aren't there free sound samples available online?

I know i've seen them somewhere.
 Inyri
06-11-2010, 6:59 PM
There wouldn't be free ripped Mass Effect sounds...
 Darth Payne
06-11-2010, 7:02 PM
True, but do the sounds have to be 100% the same?

I've used guns whose sounds are pretty damned close to the Revanants, in my opinion that is.
 lxlg
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Maybe I've just played ME2 too much but the Revenant doesn't seem like a good fit for a KotOR game to me. Unless there was a way to make it always have a rapid fire animation regardless of the skill or attack being used.

But for putting the weapons in the game with TSL at least you could just use Itemcreate.2da (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144381&highlight=itemcreate.2da) it's the easiest way I've seen to add a new item to the game.
 LDR
06-14-2010, 4:17 PM
Unless there was a way to make it always have a rapid fire animation regardless of the skill or attack being used.
For it to have rapid fire, maybe Inyri should replace the Light Repeating Blaster.
 Inyri
06-19-2010, 4:17 PM
Here's what I have so far on the Revenant:

Ref:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100207194524/masseffect/images/5/59/Revenant.jpg)

Render:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/revenant-render.jpg)

If anyone can provide screenshots from other angles that would be very helpful. I don't currently have a character who can use this gun.
 Kyr'am Galaar
06-19-2010, 4:22 PM
You would like a screen in-game? If so, I can help!
 Inyri
06-19-2010, 4:23 PM
Any from top/bottom/other angles would help in making it as accurate as possible.
 Kyr'am Galaar
06-19-2010, 4:29 PM
Wait. Nevermind...
 Inyri
06-19-2010, 4:30 PM
Haha I meant in ME2, not KotOR. :p
 Kainzorus Prime
06-19-2010, 5:38 PM
I'll provide the needed screens tomorrow.
 GeorgNihilus
06-19-2010, 5:48 PM
You know ... I'm kind of lost lately with this WIP ... how many weapons are we talking about now? 4? :raise:

this Revenant looks awesome too ... can't wait to try all this stuff or better said, to replace all those ugly vanilla models with this!!!

keep up the awesome work :golfclap:
 Inyri
06-19-2010, 5:52 PM
Yeah, we're at 4 right now: the M-8 rifle, the hand cannon, the Widow, and the Revenant. I don't anticipate there being more than this (at least right now) because the rest of the designs don't excite me enough to want to spend the limited time I have available working on them.
 Salzella
06-19-2010, 7:34 PM
4 is more than enough! They're so, so good. I'm a recent convert to the religion of ME but these are enough to push me further ;)
 Rinku
06-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah 4 weapons is way more than enough. Due to the quality of the weapons I would have said just one was enough, so thank you for making four :D.
 Shaggoth
06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
i say replace all of them, if you can of course :) but for now i'd be happy to try that what is ready :)
 Xarwarz
06-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Loving the Revenant model yea i agree you should replace them all but hey go at your own pace thats what i do, some days i'm motivated sometimes i won't be for days its on and off
Page: 2 of 3