Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating a new/different module entry point

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I've been working on my Malachor Ending Mod...

Everything's going okay for now, BUT I need to know how to edit or assign entry points for modules.. or at least emulate it.

Here's what I want to do: On Malachor V, you generally spawn just outside the Hawk on the map... I'll bet most of you didn't know that you can actually walk on top of the Hawk. I want to make it so that whenever you enter the module from the Ebon Hawk, it'll spawn you at the lift hatch.

Anyone know how to do this? I suppose, I might just look at the tutorials, but eh..
 logan23
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I believe you just need to do is change the start XYZ location of that module.

Mod_entry_X
Mod_entry_Y
Mod_entry_Z

Its in the module.info file of that module.

To test this you can just use the cheat to warp to the module and see if it sends you to the same location as you start when you play the module in the game.

Logan
 Rtas Vadum
01-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I would assume it would be a script, as there is one named "K_901mal_enter.ncs". Don't know if it would just be changing the coordinates, or something else.
 VarsityPuppet
01-03-2010, 12:44 AM
It's definitely not the script... that controls spawn-in things... I tried adding a function to jump to a waypoint in there, but it didn't work for whatever reason.

I'll try the module.ifo one though.
 Nirran
01-03-2010, 1:24 AM
what your looking for is in k_sup_galaxymap.ncs(assuming your loading from the ebonhawk),stoffe re-created the file and its includes(because it will fail on decompile),you can find them here

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169825)

the relavent portion is

StartNewModule("201TEL", "WP_from_ebonhawk");

change 201TEL to the module your working with

change WP_from_ebonhawk to the waypoint you desire

Nirran
 newbiemodder
01-03-2010, 9:42 AM
logan23 is right. module.ifo file..just change the coordinates
 DarthStoney
01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Actually if you are going to use a module for leaving from inside of a crashed EbonHawk ,it may be best to add a new waypoint to the 901MAL.git file with a Tag of "From_012EBO" or whatever the name of the EH module you use. and add a trigger to the 901MAL.git file linking it to the waypoint on top of the EH.
Or add a script on exit of the EH module
StartNewModule("901MAL", "From_012EBO");
 VarsityPuppet
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Actually if you are going to use a module for leaving from inside of a crashed EbonHawk ,it may be best to add a new waypoint to the 901MAL.git file with a Tag of "From_012EBO" or whatever the name of the EH module you use. and add a trigger to the 901MAL.git file linking it to the waypoint on top of the EH.
Or add a script on exit of the EH module
StartNewModule("901MAL", "From_012EBO");

That's what I wanted to do... turns out I was using VERY wrong coordinates. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys!
Page: 1 of 1