Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt 1.0

Page: 2 of 2
 XenoGenesis
08-06-2009, 9:30 PM
Nice work, the increased file size alone tells how much effort would've been put into this mod. I have a few feedbacks, though;

1. When wearing the robe, the cutscene points to the waist of Revan, not the face/chest region as it should.
2. Like others pointed out, there seems to be an shader issue with the robe.
3. I'm guessing the cape is animated with bone weighting, but Malak's robe (and Revan's from the BINK videos) seems like it's flowing freely, especially apparent when they turn around or kneel on the floor. Any possible way to incorporate this method?
 Sithspecter
08-07-2009, 6:25 PM
1. When wearing the robe, the cutscene points to the waist of Revan, not the face/chest region as it should.
2. Like others pointed out, there seems to be an shader issue with the robe.
3. I'm guessing the cape is animated with bone weighting, but Malak's robe (and Revan's from the BINK videos) seems like it's flowing freely, especially apparent when they turn around or kneel on the floor. Any possible way to incorporate this method?

I'm working on #1, I'm not sure about #2, but I will look into it, and #3 isn't going to happen due to the nature of the animations. They can make the turning and such look like that because it's a video, in gameplay there is no 'turn' animation, so I cannot animate as such.
 Robespierre
08-08-2009, 12:39 AM
SS, wow, this is insanely awesome. I'm very interested in knowing exactly how you did this.
 XenoGenesis
08-11-2009, 4:05 PM
They can make the turning and such look like that because it's a video, in gameplay there is no 'turn' animation, so I cannot animate as such.

Not just the BINK videos - the scene where Malak tortures Bastila, he turns and the flowing cape follows after him; when he uses Force Lightning, the cape flows backwards. At the last fight with Revan at the Star Forge, Malak kneels down and the cape folds as he crouches.
 Sithspecter
08-11-2009, 4:41 PM
These animations are cutscenes in the game that use special animated models, meaning that the whole walk/force lightning/crouch animations are designed for those events, and those events only, and are impossible to animate in normal gameplay. If you'd like to re-animate the whole thing, be my guest.
 XenoGenesis
08-17-2009, 2:16 AM
I see, thanks for clearing things up. When I saw those Malak cutscenes I just assumed that his cape is some sort of jigglymesh (since NWN uses it).
 kuraiken
08-26-2009, 9:22 AM
Wow, that's brilliant. I'd never thought someone would go through so much trouble to bring us a fully animated Revanrobe.
Thanks for your hard work.

Now all that's needed is that little cutscene/dialogue fix, and I'm good to start once more (for the nth time) a full run through Kotor. :D
 darth_kira56
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
How come you have figured this out and no one else has
 NuklearKrisis
11-28-2009, 3:38 AM
I am really excited that I can play Revan! I installed the Revan Head mod and then tried to install the cape fix for Revan. I put all the files in my override folder N_DarthRevan.mdl, N_DarthRevan.mdx etc. The game is crashing because of the N_DarthRevan.mdx file in my overdrive folder. I know this because when I remove that file the game dosent crash anymore. I tried installing the brotherhood shadow mod but, it seems no matter what Revan mod I use the game crashes when I put the cape fix mod files into my overdrive folder. The stiff cape really ruins everything I just cant into it; especially knowing there is a fix for it.

Oh I should add that I have updated the game to the latest patch and when the game crashes I just get that windows dialog box that asks you if you want to send the report to Microsoft. The game start up but when I try to load a saved game thats when it crashes. I did a fresh install. Installed the Revan mod then plopped the cape fix files into the override folder. Is there a specific Revan mod I need to use?

Please help. Thanks!
 FaZzZa99
11-28-2009, 6:17 PM
I am really excited that I can play Revan! I installed the Revan Head mod and then tried to install the cape fix for Revan. I put all the files in my override folder N_DarthRevan.mdl, N_DarthRevan.mdx etc. The game is crashing because of the N_DarthRevan.mdx file in my overdrive folder. I know this because when I remove that file the game dosent crash anymore. I tried installing the brotherhood shadow mod but, it seems no matter what Revan mod I use the game crashes when I put the cape fix mod files into my overdrive folder. The stiff cape really ruins everything I just cant into it; especially knowing there is a fix for it.

Oh I should add that I have updated the game to the latest patch and when the game crashes I just get that windows dialog box that asks you if you want to send the report to Microsoft. The game start up but when I try to load a saved game thats when it crashes. I did a fresh install. Installed the Revan mod then plopped the cape fix files into the override folder. Is there a specific Revan mod I need to use?

Please help. Thanks!

The fix doesn't work with the BoS revan's robe model
 ZimmMaster
11-29-2009, 3:39 PM
NuklearKrisis, welcome to the forums. I thought I'd give you a friendly warning about double posting. It is not a wise idea to do so. You don't want the moderators getting on to you about this.

@FaZzZa99

The fix to get this mod working with the BOS:SR is listed earlier in the thread.
 FaZzZa99
11-30-2009, 3:12 AM
NuklearKrisis, welcome to the forums. I thought I'd give you a friendly warning about double posting. It is not a wise idea to do so. You don't want the moderators getting on to you about this.

@FaZzZa99

The fix to get this mod working with the BOS:SR is listed earlier in the thread.

Deosn't work, i even made a thread on it
 ZimmMaster
11-30-2009, 7:32 AM
What do you mean it does not work. It works for me.
 NuklearKrisis
12-01-2009, 6:48 AM
Faulting application swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, faulting module swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00053a1b.

This is what I believe; NONE of these mods work for TSL..only KOTOR I. I have 13 services running on my old rig; that runs KOTOR II in full perfect. I re-installed TSL and installed the mod (Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge) fresh...CRASH. What magical system do you have that allows these mods to work!!!

OH I SEE, I am not a bad ass C++ coder with an IQ of 4000 so I cannot play these mods otherwise...ok gonna do something else...forget it!

And if you got these mods to work with TSL..what C++ algorithm that is O(n^3) that I need to write to make them work!
 Rtas Vadum
12-01-2009, 7:13 AM
Faulting application swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, faulting module swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00053a1b.

This is what I believe; NONE of these mods work for TSL..only KOTOR I. I have 13 services running on my old rig; that runs KOTOR II in full perfect. I re-installed TSL and installed the mod (Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge) fresh...CRASH. What magical system do you have that allows these mods to work!!!

OH I SEE, I am not a bad ass C++ coder with an IQ of 4000 so I cannot play these mods otherwise...ok gonna do something else...forget it!

And if you got these mods to work with TSL..what C++ algorithm that is O(n^3) that I need to write to make them work!

Well, for the Cape and Belt fix, it would only work with K1, firstly because the model formats in both games are slightly different, and second, because TSL as animations that K1 didn't, and thus they couldn't be added to the K1 model.

Though with BOS:SR, it is made only for K1, and would only work if installed with it. Mostly, if a mod is posted here, it usually is only for one game, unless it is a new lightsaber, blaster or melee weapon model that the author made for both games.
 Zerimar Nyliram
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
It would be nice for a mod like this to be made for TSL, though, for when you fight Revan on Korriban. Or for people who like to give themselves Revan's armor (which I don't do because, well, your character in TSL isn't Revan and therefore it makes sense to he wearing his armor).

That is, if you ever get around to it. No pressure! I'm perfectly satisfied with this mod.
 The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
12-27-2009, 5:25 PM
Amazing work! :thmbup1:

When I get my own copy of KoTOR, I'm definitely using this mod.
 Robespierre
12-28-2009, 7:24 AM

Okay, two thing:

1) Don't be a dick in threads. People will be infinitely less likely to answer you if you're sarcastic and cynical like you're doing now.

2) If you read the threads properly, you'd know that both of them are ONLY for K1 and will NOT install in TSL. A TSL version of Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt could be made if someone wanted to, but its very labour intensive, so people aren't lining up at the gates to do it.
 disbeliever
12-28-2009, 2:52 PM
lol reading fail

Revnant
10-28-2011, 8:28 PM
For some reason this doesnt work for me. I have the texture improvement pack and the mask star forge robes. I did what was said about editing it but still the mod wont work. I tried reinstalling the mod and also emptying the override and just put the cape mod in it alone and still wont work. I am at a loss and kinda disappointed because I was looking forward to this mod for a long time now.
 Rtas Vadum
10-28-2011, 8:58 PM
For some reason this doesnt work for me. I have the texture improvement pack and the mask star forge robes. I did what was said about editing it but still the mod wont work. I tried reinstalling the mod and also emptying the override and just put the cape mod in it alone and still wont work. I am at a loss and kinda disappointed because I was looking forward to this mod for a long time now.

This mod only adds animations to the masked Revan model(N_DarthRevan.mdl/mdx). If any other mod you use would make changes to that model, then you won't want to use it. If it changes the texture file(it looks for 'pmbj01'), any could be used as long as it matches the texture name it looks for.

Also, you need to use the included disguise item to see the animations in-game.
 Revnant
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM
So what should I do because I had the override completely empty except for that mod alone? Is the disguise seperate?
 Rtas Vadum
10-28-2011, 10:35 PM
So what should I do because I had the override completely empty except for that mod alone? Is the disguise seperate?

You should find a uti file named 'g_a_mstrrobe08' in the mod, that has to be added to the override. You'll have to use the console to obtain it, since it isn't placed anywhere in the game. You'll want to avoid wearing it during your meeting with Malak on the Leviathan, since the cutscene following it won't appear correctly.
 Revnant
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
hm I used the console to get it and have the uti file in it but still nothing.
 jonathan7
10-29-2011, 2:01 AM
Try installing this version; its my reskin with SithSpectre's model... http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Robes_Revisioned;115747)
 VarsityPuppet
10-29-2011, 2:16 PM
OR take the files from SithSpecter's flowing cape mod and rename them

s_female01.mdl
s_femaile01.mdx

works for Male Revans at least :/
 Dark_Ansem
12-25-2011, 1:40 PM
can anyone confirm this works with TSL?
 Darth Dan 012
12-30-2011, 10:08 PM

I'm pretty sure this mod adds the good Revan's robes to KotOR 2:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K2_Malak_and_Revan_robe_pack;118081)

Also this one - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Flowing_Robe_TSL;116563)
 Canderis
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
No, it does not work, sorry.

I'm pretty sure this mod adds the good Revan's robes to KotOR 2:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K2_Malak_and_Revan_robe_pack;118081)

Also this one - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Flowing_Robe_TSL;116563)
The first link isn't animated robes.
Page: 2 of 2