Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

July '09: Navigational Error

Page: 1 of 1
 vanir
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Coming up with a topic may prove more challenging than writing for one. Let me see...

A lot of the adventure of Star Wars happens off stage so to speak, behind the curtains of the overall theatre. Han Solo is driven by the bounty on his head in ESB. Anakin is driven by his role as "the Chosen One." Palpatine was the sum of years of dedicated research into the occult and his driving ambition.
Simple things can drive a party of adventurers in the Star Wars galaxy, a fuel requirement, a navigational error, a premise around which a story unfolds.

I'm going to pick a good, simple one. Navigational error. All else is free, so long as the central theme, or the plot, or basic premise revolves around a major navigational error for any given cause. And naturally it doesn't have to be in a starship but I should prefer the SW galaxy setting in any reasonable capacity.

This doesn't look like Kansas...
 Bee Hoon
06-27-2009, 5:06 AM
The deadline is 2 weeks from today, which means the 11th of July :)
 Writer
06-27-2009, 1:59 PM
Awesome! I love it!
 vanir
06-27-2009, 4:06 PM
:D an oldie in RPG but a goodie.

Am I allowed to enter my own competition title?
 CommanderQ
06-27-2009, 4:19 PM
Hmmm...I think I have an idea for this one. Perhaps I'll compete.....just need to take the initiative:D
 Mandalore The Shadow
06-27-2009, 4:32 PM
well what if the misnavigation happens later in the story? but it is a major turning point in the story? does that fit in the catagory?
 vanir
06-27-2009, 4:56 PM
Sounds like a plot theme Mandalore ;)
 Writer
06-28-2009, 3:42 PM
:D an oldie in RPG but a goodie.

Am I allowed to enter my own competition title?

Far as I know, it's allowed; you just don't get to win your own ;)
 vanir
06-29-2009, 2:47 AM
That's okay, someone's got me looking over a new hypothesis for a variant c. correlating NASA/JPL observations of unaccounted acceleration of the interplanetary probes atm, so I'm thinking to wait for next month's topic anyways..

I'm looking over this stuff thinking it may cancel a hundred years of oops factor in singularities, it's pretty ground breaking. Like Relativity it's very simple math too, which smacks of accurate intuition and it doesn't challenge any current precepts, only completes some.
I think the impossibility of matter achieving c. may have to be re-evaluated. We may be hyperdriving around the galaxy yet..
 Mandalore The Shadow
06-29-2009, 9:58 AM
another question regarding what is allowed: Does it have to be the navigator can it be the ship's faule due to ex. broken engines or can they go off course blindle because they are being chased?
 Salzella
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
brilliant theme :D
 Bee Hoon
07-03-2009, 8:26 AM
Writer is right:) You can enter, but you can't win your own theme ;)
 Writer
07-04-2009, 8:39 PM
I know, I know, I'm a genius :p
 Darth_Yuthura
07-09-2009, 9:02 AM
I've got a set of three chapters to a fiction that I haven't published that fits this category, but it is not a self-contained story. Could I submit the content that happens after the navigational error through to the ending and skip the ? The first of the three chapters is not at all related to the contest requirements and would greatly extend the length of the submission. I would simply put in what the situation was, the characters, and whatever else the readers need to know in a short prologue.
 Salzella
07-13-2009, 9:15 AM
it's the 13th :(
 Writer
07-13-2009, 1:10 PM
Aye, so it is. A full two days after the deadline. Bee, where are you?
 Bee Hoon
07-15-2009, 7:47 AM
D_Y, yep, that's fine :) Sorry guys! Fics are going up now! *is guilty*
 Writer
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
*pats Bee's head* No need for guilty feelings, I promise :)
Page: 1 of 1