Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anakin can't seem to get his ethics under control.....

Page: 1 of 1
 JoesGuy
01-30-2009, 1:59 PM
Okay, well I'm sure a lot of people know this, but as I'm certain there are many here that know far more of the subtleties of this game, I felt like asking.

Has anyone noticed on the first Tatooine level that you can indeed kill every non-essential being in the area and Anakin won't label you a murderer? I still have a save on my Playstation from way back when I even managed to kill off Anakin's mother and still he allowed me to talk to him.

Now, I know much about this game. Stopping the endless flow of destroyer droids in level one, fighting Qui-Gon after Darth Maul's death (thanks for finding that Master Qui-Gon) defeating the endless number of droids that come out of the landing ship in the swamps, getting six juri juices and so on. But this one eludes me to this day. I hope someone here knows the conditions that allow Qui-Gon to go on a killing spree and still remain on the path of the light. ;P
 Redwing
04-03-2009, 12:11 AM
(Somehow missed this thread.)

Huh.

I honestly don't know this one. Call me a softie, but I never tried to continue with the game after mercilessly slaughtering everything on Tatooine. I always reloaded. (Doesn't mean I didn't do it at all, though... I mean why would they put those turrets there if they didn't plan for them to be used?!)
 JoesGuy
04-03-2009, 1:01 PM
Lol well this is all possible, within certain conditions. I've found a possible catalyst which involves returning to the Queen's ship and camping out with Panaka for a few minutes. Sometimes it works sometimes not. I'll find out that answer one day I'm sure.
 CurtFish
05-29-2009, 2:06 AM
I actually remembered this... yeah you kill everyone except for padame and anakin, the only way this works is if you kill everyone before you talk to padame. If someone was left alive the rumor of a murder is spread. (she tells you about it) If done correctly she won't say anything about it
 JoesGuy
05-30-2009, 7:17 AM
Is this the PC or PSX version? I don't play the PSX version much anymore, but when I tried this on the PC version it didn't quite work.
 Tatterdemalion7
06-15-2009, 5:33 PM
I found that you can kill one non-essential person and still be able to immediately continue through the level as usual (eg: not having to wait by the ship for a while). In fact, if you are not in sight of a guard or jawa, the entire town will act as if nothing happened.

If you're speed-running this level, the prime target is Barbo.
 JoesGuy
06-15-2009, 6:27 PM
While that is true, I am referring to the fact that you can indeed kill everyone in Mos Espa, save for essential characters and Anakin's mother. I have a save file with this on the PSX version. Perhaps I'll upload a video.
Page: 1 of 1