Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Drewton's Skins

Page: 2 of 3
 The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the comments!

memarik: You may have seen an earlier version of Sion did. The latest version I posted is much, much less green and more like the colour in TFU although still not perfect.
jedi7000nathan: I'd have to modelling for that, and have to animate all the cap movements as well. I'm not sure if I'd be able to add any vertices to the model either. Maybe in a later version if I learn to model someday.

I've taken a short break from TSLMIM to work on a few TFU skins. While I'm still going to do the multiple-costume Galen Marek pack, I'll be releasing the Training Gear first a "preview". I've switched the model to Jolee, but now I can't do the "bolt" on the left side of the grey plating and the varying details on both arms because of the UV mapping. Would a modder more experienced with UV mapping be able to edit it so that both sides can be done?

The Juno Eclipse skin is nearly finished. I'll be doing high collar, open jacket, and rebel versions. Here's what I have for now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/juno_gmax.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/junoeclipse01.jpg)

I'm hoping to be able to model an Imperial officer hat (simply editing the Sith officer hat) and to add more hair coming down with that. Here's what I plan for it to look like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/juno_plan.jpg)

I'll be doing PROXY and Kota as well. This might be what I use for PROXY:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/4/48/CzerkaDroid.jpg/250px-CzerkaDroid.jpg)

The both look amazing, but will this be strictly for TFU? Or is this for KOTOR/TSL? I think I'm having a bout of stupidity, because even though I read the first post, it still confuses me...
 Drewton
04-16-2009, 11:58 AM
They're for both KOTOR and TSL. They use the female Sith officer model, which is in both games.
 Triple-Eight
04-24-2009, 7:13 AM
wow your skins are awsome Drewton. can't wait.

when did you upload them? i hope soon. :)
 Ghost Down
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
That looks really nice Drewton! Keep it up!
 WraithPrince
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Thats more detailed then the Wii Juno ;(
 Demongo
04-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Awesome!:thmbup1:
Your Juno Eclipse skin is perfect:)
Can't wait to see Proxy!!
 ironheart
05-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow. Your skins are amazing.
 Drewton
06-03-2009, 3:18 PM
Thats more detailed then the Wii Juno ;(

LOL, yeah, the Wii version was pretty terrible...

I was only going to do a few minor fixes and alternate Sith eyes for the next update of my Darth Malak skin, but I've ended up doing up much more than planned. Changes from v2.0 so far: the body texture is three times the original size, the head texture is two times, the armor has been completely redone (still using the Batman armor), the bat logo is gone, the face and jaw covering have more detail, and alpha channels have been added where they're needed.. This is a very early WIP - I still need to redo arms and legs as well as some more on the head.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/malakv3_01.jpg)

A better view of the head in Gmax. This version was earlier than the above screenshot, in which I toned down the rough-looking-ness of the jaw covering. The face and the rest of the head are separated, the reason why I haven't yet reskinned the rest of the head.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/malakv3_02.jpg)

Heh, compared to this version, the old Malak didn't really look evil at all...

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/mridalmn/starwars/mMalak_500.jpg)
 Quanon
06-03-2009, 3:28 PM
:golfclap:

Very nice update, now finish this pack! :p
 Darth Payne
06-03-2009, 4:11 PM
That looks *VERY* good.
 fenix3279
06-03-2009, 5:32 PM
Malak looks awesome. He actually looks like the bad@$$ he's portrayed to be.
 Lord of Hunger
06-03-2009, 5:38 PM
Okay...you have now made Malak worthy of the title of Dark Lord of the Sith. I've been using a reskin by Darth Jaden that makes him look badass and Sithy, but this has far more detail. I can't wait to use it.
 Drewton
06-03-2009, 6:42 PM
Thanks people. :)

Quanon: I'm hoping to have TSLMIM (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "pack"?) done next month...but plans are fragile things. :P
fenix3279 and Lord of Hunger: That's exactly what I'm trying to do with this, glad you thought that. I always thought that Malak looked wimp-ish since the game was released back in '03. This version uses the idea of him being about brute force.

Not much new here, but I was just taking some more screenshots to see what didn't look right in-game and decided to post this one with the Sith trooper reskin as well...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/Star_Wars_Legacy/Mods/malakv3_03.jpg)

I'll probably add the same shine as the jaw covering uses to the "collar" to match them up better. I'm also thinking about adding gloves. If I can get them done fast enough, I'll release both the new Malak and Revan reskins within a week.
 ironheart
06-03-2009, 9:46 PM
Wow. The sith soldier guy looks flat in comparison. That's some mad skinning skills man. Can't wait for these.
 The Spy
06-03-2009, 9:57 PM
May I make a suggestion?
I was thinking that you could make The Sith and Republic Troopers look more... commandoish? Like more detailed armor, add a few peices to it, like Radios or Blaster Power Packs or something.
 Daos300
06-04-2009, 1:49 AM
The new Malak skin looks sweet man. Is there any chance of it coming with a jawless version? I know it only shows up in once cut scene but I actually just got done playing through the whole game again and was using your last Darth Malak reskin when that scene came up his armor was still your version but his head was the default Bioware. Nothing real major just kind of a strange inconsistency.
 Darth Jaden
06-04-2009, 3:17 AM
Hey Drewton, this looks really good
 Darth Leo
06-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Whoaz, it's Darth Jaden! :bow:
I like your work, Drewton's too! Keep up the amazing job!
 Keeper_DP
06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Have you uploaded to someplace other skin than Nihilus? I really want that Sion and Malak.
 Quanon
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks people. :)

Quanon: I'm hoping to have TSLMIM (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "pack"?) done next month...but plans are fragile things. :P

Tell me about, I still got mods in the pipeline, but its hard to tell what life will throw at you... or teachers and parents :lol:

Though one little critique, yes unbelievable o_O
Do you still need to work on the sleeves on Malaks suit.

The red doesnt match the one of the torso that well IMO.
Both seem a bit to "off" of each other in style.

But I have no doubt you're on top of things :)

Great work.
 Doc Valentine
06-04-2009, 1:45 PM
These skins are very good. Especially that Malak skin, the difference is just astounding. I must say, yours is much better than the original. You do an incredible job with detail. I do agree with Quanon's critique however, the sleeves need a little work, but the detail on that torso is jaw-dropping O.O

-Doc
 Miltiades
06-04-2009, 5:53 PM
After seeing this Malak reskin, the original Malak does indeed not look that Sithy. :)
 Demongo
06-05-2009, 8:54 AM
Really nice reskin, and as Miltiades said:
After seeing this Malak reskin, the original Malak does indeed not look that Sithy. :)
:thmbup1:
 Lord of Hunger
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
KOTOR and TSL are definitely going HD thanks to Drewton. Seriously mate, your textures just jump out at me. It almost feels like a restoration project in that you are making Malak appear the way he should appear. I can't wait for TSLMIM, and KOTORMIM if you are still planning on doing the latter.
 Triple-Eight
08-14-2009, 4:33 PM
Gey Drewton when did you Upload you aswome Skins?
I can't wait for it :)
 TriggerGod
08-14-2009, 6:20 PM
Gey Drewton when did you Upload you aswome Skins?
I can't wait for it :)

He has uploaded a couple of his earlier in the year, before he started majorly working on this or the Massive Improvement Mod. his released skins. (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/Drewton;29877) Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for him to release the others.
 ojajebie
08-16-2009, 1:54 PM
Hey Drewton, could you reupload screenshots of Juno reskin, please? Or someone else?
Thank you in advance!
 Drewton
08-28-2009, 2:27 PM
Daos300: Yeah, it will come with a jawless version. I'm going to try making the "mouth" more freaky as well...

ojajebie: Whoops, looks I deleted them accidentally. I'll see if I can find them again on my computer; if not, I'll have a new version up soon anyway.

Sorry for lack of updates on any of my mods including TSLMIM lately. I have been working on a KOTOR fanfilm with completely new visuals, Revelation, and haven't gotten any work done on any mods. I've started doing some skins again though. I'm thinking that for my next TSLMIM update, I should see if anyone would like to make a YouTube video of a certain part of the game with skins that I'd send to them. The terrible fraps on the Peragus one gave people a bad impression.

Just please don't leave comments like "I don't think they're working on it anymore" - I've gotten quite a few of them on my ModDB page. I'm definitely late but I'm not planning on just stopping this whatsoever.

Here's something I just started working on - a Starkiller/Galen Marek head redo. Much better than my generic-looking first version from the first page. Mouth isn't right yet; this was the first time I tried it in-game.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9452/galenhead.jpg)

Also, I was wondering if anyone could help re-UV map the Jal Shey armor and the Sith officer uniform so that both sides of the textures (excluding the legs) could be textured separately. Credit would be given, of course.

And it wouldn't be possible to remove the hood and a few other things from the Jolee Bindo model, would it?
 TriggerGod
08-28-2009, 2:36 PM
I'm thinking that for my next TSLMIM update, I should see if anyone would like to make a YouTube video of a certain part of the game with skins that I'd send to them. The terrible fraps on the Peragus one gave people a bad impression.
If you'd like, I'll take the video. I've got spare time, and I can get some good FPS in TSL, even while taking the video. Just check out the videos in my sig. As long as its not a big action scene like the battle on ebon hawk, I should be able to record it with good FPS.

Here's something I just started working on - a Starkiller/Galen Marek head redo. Much better than my generic-looking first version from the first page. Mouth isn't right yet; this was the first time I tried it in-game.

My only issue with it is the problems that the heads in the games have as well: symmetry. I can try to re-uv map the head you are using to be full-face instead of half-face, so that it doesn't look like your head has symmetrical giant lines of dirt.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could help re-UV map the Jal Shey armor and the Sith officer uniform so that both sides of the textures (excluding the legs) could be textured separately. Credit would be given, of course.

And it wouldn't be possible to remove the hood and a few other things from the Jolee Bindo model, would it?
Sure, I can do these too.
 Drewton
08-28-2009, 2:45 PM
If you'd like, I'll take the video. I've got spare time, and I can get some good FPS in TSL, even while taking the video. Just check out the videos in my sig. As long as its not a big action scene like the battle on ebon hawk, I should be able to record it with good FPS.

My only issue with it is the problems that the heads in the games have as well: symmetry. I can try to re-uv map the head you are using to be full-face instead of half-face, so that it doesn't look like your head has symmetrical giant lines of dirt.

Sure, I can do these too.

Thanks VERY much Trigger, for all of your offers! :)

The YouTube videos looked like great quality, and in HD. I wasn't planning for any long battle scenes. I decided to cut down most of the fighting in my Peragus video because not only was it that interesting, the FPS also got even worse. I'll get back to you on this soon.

The huge lines at the sides are a mistake, left over from an image I was using. They will not be in the final version.

You'd be able to edit Jolee's model as well? That would be awesome if so, and I don't think I'd need the Sith officer re-UV-mapped then.

Thanks again very much.

EDIT: Also, just wondering: with HK-47 now being able to weild lightsabers thanks to Khrizby's excellent mod, would anyone be interested in an HK-47 Grievous skin? It obviously wouldn't be perfect but I might be able to make it look good enough.
 Lord of Hunger
08-28-2009, 4:41 PM
A Grievous reskin would be pretty awesome, but IMO I think you should finish either your awesome Darth Malak reskin and/or your epic TSLMIM...preferably the latter.

I'd also be willing to record videos for you alongside Trig. As people know, my vids have been pretty HD, but also choppy. Windows XP, Fraps, and a 1920x1080 HD screen with the maximum sets in TSL and KOTOR tend to do that. However, if you take out Windows XP and put in Windows 7 the frame rate is, what would be a good word...epic? :D

Anyway, PM if you would like to accept my offer. Oh, and the Starkiller reskin is pretty cool so far.
 Sith Holocron
08-28-2009, 6:33 PM
Daos300: Yeah, it will come with a jawless version. I'm going to try making the "mouth" more freaky as well...

Any chance you'll be adjusting Malak's sleeves like the previous posters suggested? The unadjusted sleeves with conjunction with your excellent reskinned torso just seems . . . off. No insult to your skinning intended.

Does anyone besides me think that Starkiller looks like the late Freddie Mercury (from Queen) with this mouth?
 lavosslayer
08-28-2009, 8:40 PM
EDIT: Also, just wondering: with HK-47 now being able to weild lightsabers thanks to Khrizby's excellent mod, would anyone be interested in an HK-47 Grievous skin? It obviously wouldn't be perfect but I might be able to make it look good enough.

Actually if possible, an Anakin skin with robotic arm using the HK model would be sweet! Grevious would be cool too however getting the other two arms with no functionality might seem a bit gimmicky...
 Marius Fett
08-28-2009, 9:03 PM
Does anyone besides me think that Starkiller looks like the late Freddie Mercury (from Queen) with this mouth?

I can sort of see what you mean. It kinda looks like Freddie in his last years when he didn't have the moustache. Not a huge resemblance, bet I can see why you'd say it.
 Demongo
08-28-2009, 9:16 PM

I hope you will try it at least. It would be awesome!:D Also, Starkiller's head is nice the mouth is a bit wierd thoough.
 Mandalore The Shadow
08-28-2009, 9:28 PM
Nice work I LOVE your Malak skin keep it up
 Drewton
12-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey all.

No new updates right now, I'd just like to apologize not just for the delay in The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod, but for being gone for such an inexcusable amount of time without saying anything. It's been...what, a year now? That's really terrible.

I am not going to make any promises about anything since most of mine have failed in the past - I'd just like to say that I haven't been saying anything because I have been working on a slightly different project which I don't want to reveal until it's like 85-95% done. I've learned it's a bad decision to announce something right when I start working on it. Still, this mod is not dead, exactly to say without anything. I'll just say that I think (or hope) that you'll be even more impressed with what I have something coming up, which is an even bigger project. I'm trying to get the KotOR series up to the standards of Mass Effect 2.

TSLMIM is not dead and has never been dead, I am just taking a while working inbetween schoolwork and a few other projects.

In the meantime, before the end of the year, I hope to get a few skins up and some smaller character packs - including Commander Shepard and Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect.

Again, I don't want to make any promises, but watch this space in early 2011. If anyone could help with some minor UV mapping on existing models, that would be great.
 Slstoev
12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Drewton you're back! I can't believe it.

Though this is some exciting news.
 Drewton
12-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes, and hopefully back for good.

If not, ban me and all my mods from Lucasforums and Filefront, LOL. :P
 Darth Elessar
12-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow; Those look like very amazing reskins. :)
 Sith Holocron
12-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Drewton, could you at least release the Malak skin for TSL?
 Drewton
12-14-2010, 12:50 AM
SH, you mean the Jedi one?

I never got that one finished but it is on my to-do list, so I'll try to get that one up before the end of the year too.
 Sith Holocron
12-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Yes, the Jedi Malak. ;)
 luc500
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm trying to get the KotOR series up to the standards of Mass Effect 2.

What area of the KOTOR games are pushing towards ME2 standards? The graphics? If so, good luck!
 Drewton
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Alright, saying sorry just doesn't cut it to anyone hoping for The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod - so some good news and bad news.

I haven't been working on the mod for about a year. I've been working on a film project, and even another mod which I'm not going to announce yet, but not TSLMIM. However, I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

All of these will be in one huge upload on KOTOR Files.
 Ogriv83
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear about TSLMIM but good luck with the movie.

However I am very excited about the big upload to KOTOR files.

Thank You
 Sith Holocron
09-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

Thanks for releasing what you have finished. So many have worked long on projects just to let them slip away. At least we'll get to use these things and your hard work will not have been for nothing.

Good luck on your film project, BTW!
 Drewton
09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, all the skins will be free to use for anything. Mods, fanfilms. I might try doing a few touch-ups to some skins, now that most are two years old and I have Adobe Photoshop CS5. Many of these are going to be very much WIPs; for example, I only did a few parts of Mandalore's armor. I'll just say a target release for October 1, hopefully with some YouTube videos in between.

Thanks, on the film project. It's a Star Wars stopmotion-ish fanfilm shot in 1080p, I've almost got the first 10 min done. Film is what I really want to go into.
 redrob41
09-21-2011, 3:18 PM
Thanks for releasing what you have finished. So many have worked long on projects just to let them slip away. At least we'll get to use these things and your hard work will not have been for nothing.

I agree. Sometimes it's better to see some of a modder's work, rather than none.

Yeah, all the skins will be free to use for anything. Mods, fanfilms.

That's real generous of you. Thanks on behalf of many in the community :)

I might try doing a few touch-ups to some skins, now that most are two years old and I have Adobe Photoshop CS5.

If you ever feel the need to flex those new CS5 muscles, you can always release a TSLMIM part 2 anytime you like ;)
 VarsityPuppet
09-21-2011, 5:14 PM
Alright, saying sorry just doesn't cut it to anyone hoping for The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod - so some good news and bad news.

I haven't been working on the mod for about a year. I've been working on a film project, and even another mod which I'm not going to announce yet, but not TSLMIM. However, I have decided to upload much of what I have done like a few people have been asking me. This includes skins for Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion (TFU style), Revan, Atton, much of Peragus, a little bit of Onderon, Trayus Core, Telos plateau (including the skybox), some FX, and more.

You might want to try a different outlet considering KOTORFiles has been down for awhile...

or well not down, but no new files seem to ever show on the network. If possible, a filehosting website would be better - or you could always try out the DeadlyStream forums.

Either way, still cool to think about finally testing out that Sion skins ... yummy!
Page: 2 of 3