Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Fashion 2

Page: 2 of 2
 jonathan7
01-30-2009, 9:42 PM
Shabang! Sorry I've been away, my blog explains all...

Here's a small update...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=2805)
 fenix3279
01-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow, that looks really good. I like how the outermost robes appear to be wrapping around the flap in the center. Nice job.
 jonathan7
02-01-2009, 4:30 PM
Update;
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=2809)

Based on this Darth Sidious robe in RotS;

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots05dlxpalpatineloose-m.jpg)

Small question anyone know what dimension robe/clothing icons should be? And how the should be saved e.g. do they need to be saved as 24/ppi??
 Darth Payne
02-01-2009, 4:43 PM
Nice one J7.

Any chance of Anakins Clone Wars robe (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/70/Anakin_dbcw2.jpg)appearing) in this mod?
 HK-42
02-01-2009, 5:52 PM
Looks great J7! Only thing do you think the symbols should be gold?
 jonathan7
02-01-2009, 6:18 PM
Nice one J7.

Any chance of Anakins Clone Wars robe (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/70/Anakin_dbcw2.jpg)appearing) in this mod?

I'll certainly look into it.

Looks great J7! Only thing do you think the symbols should be gold?

Well, I took the symbols directly from a screenshot from my RotS Dvd, so I think I'll stick with Red I'm affraid.

Well, something else, the collar on my Anakin Robe always bugged me, never was happy with it, but just got to the point where I'd release it and correct later... It has now been corrected ;)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2810)
 Darth Avlectus
02-01-2009, 6:58 PM
GREAT! Mira's especially. I like the second pic better since that version has borders at the edges. The pattern as is either darker or a brown or reddish brown, sorta like rust...
Otherwise solid patterns at the borders with color as-is.

Malak-esque armor:
I would
1) Change the color of the chain-mail waist cape pattern and color--plaid just *doesn't* do well with the rest. Darken it at the very least.
2) Pattern of the boot plates, change around a bit. I.E. Make toe and top foot plate connect into one and elongate the heel plate to take up some more of the black space.
Maybe also make the shin plating taller and include some on the calves.

My shiny 2 cents.
 TriggerGod
02-01-2009, 7:49 PM
I'm liking what you did to correct the collar on the Anakin robe. ;)

Small question anyone know what dimension robe/clothing icons should be? And how the should be saved e.g. do they need to be saved as 24/ppi??

either 64x64 or 128x128 (I used the 128 for the saber icons I just made, I'm sure that if 128 is too big, the game will automatically resize it). And I think, to be safe, save it as 24 bit.
 jonathan7
02-02-2009, 5:13 PM
Thank for your input guys, gonna have another play with Mira's robe soon.

Anyways, here is a small update/fix...

Vash, new robe on the left, old on the right...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2813)

Nomi Sunriders "new" robe....

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2814)
 Druganator
02-02-2009, 6:07 PM
the coloring of the new one is good but i think the layers around the collar looked good in the older one.
 jonathan7
02-02-2009, 6:28 PM
Another slight touch up...

Mira Experiment, kind of along Space Alex's suggestion....

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2816)
 Canderis
02-02-2009, 6:30 PM
Looks cool. You might wana do a little editing on the neck as it looks like you can see through it into the actual neck.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-02-2009, 7:24 PM
Hmmm...for the new Mira robe...I think the neck looks great but i agree with Canderis. it looks like you can see through it. It looks great otherwise
 jonathan7
02-03-2009, 8:42 PM
Update, well it's nearing release, I'm onto the *fun* of icon making :|

However here's Atton's new robe... It's meant to portray the bleakness of his character, while emanating a bit of hope (the white at the centre of the black)...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2827)
 HK-42
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
^I like that pattern.

By the way is the original Mira Robe based on the Jedi robe or barris offee(or something like that) in the mod? I think it was a great robe just not Mira like. It would be a great addition
 jonathan7
02-04-2009, 3:51 AM
^I like that pattern.

By the way is the original Mira Robe based on the Jedi robe or barris offee(or something like that) in the mod? I think it was a great robe just not Mira like. It would be a great addition

Due to it's popularity the original blue Barris Offee robe will be included, here is the finalised set for FF2 - and a PM, I recently sent to my top secret partner in crime!

Original V1;

1 = Original K1 Robe - a_robe_02
2 = Jolee Robe - a_robe_27
3 = Original Black k1 Robe - a_robe_03
4 = Obi-Wan TPM - a_robe_08 (edited, brand new texture)
6 = Anakin RotS - a_robe_09 (fixed collar)
7 = Obi Wan AotC - a_robe_04
8 = Original K1 inspired by 90SK - a_robe_21 (new texture!)
9 = Mace TPM - a_robe_10 (fixed collar)
10 = Obi-Wan ANH - a_robe_19

New;

50 = Mace RotS – Nemo’s Robe (a_robe_50)
51 = Luke RotJ - Crado’s Robe - a_robe_29
52 = Darth Maul – Nath Cowling - a_robe_22
53 = Darth Sidious RotS – Aleema Keto’s Robe - a_robe_24
54 = Baris Offee – Quatra’s Robe (a_robe_54)
55 = Brown Leather Robe – Sylvars Robe (a_robe_55)
56 = Gold Librarian – Thon’s Robe - a_robe_28
57 = Malak’s Jedi Robe – Malak’s Robe (a_robe_57)
58 = Nomi Sunrider – Nomi’s Robe - a_robe_30
59 = Qui-Gon Jinn – Arca Jeth - a_robe_23
60 = White Librarian – Odan-Urr’s Robes (a_robe_60)
70 = Handmaidens Robe - (a_robe_x01)
71 = Mira’s Robe – (a_robe_71)
72 = Atton’s Robe –(a_robe_72)
73 = Disciple’s Robe (a_robe_73)
 SpaceAlex
02-04-2009, 2:44 PM
However here's Atton's new robe... It's meant to portray the bleakness of his character, while emanating a bit of hope (the white at the centre of the black)...

Not bad, not bad - definitely fits him nicely. The horrible low res textures in the background take away some of its greatness, though. :D If you don't mind me asking, in which module was this SS taken?
 jonathan7
02-04-2009, 3:02 PM
Not bad, not bad - definitely fits him nicely. The horrible low res textures in the background take away some of its greatness, though. :D If you don't mind me asking, in which module was this SS taken?

It's the Ebon Hawk below Atton, from the Prologue; the problem with the Hawk's textures is they are stretched so much. Went there for icon making purposes - some of us are horribly low tech, (well I swapped the skyboxes to all black and the lined up my dude to take screenshots).
 jonathan7
09-10-2009, 7:21 PM
Well exciting news, after over a year of development and with the help of both Maruis Fett and Ender Wiggin, Force Fashion 2 is only now days away from release; its currently being tested by a select few who can let me know of any bugs/improvements.

Before I go onto what the Mod does, here is a general screeny of the new playable Robes (this comes with a 56K warning, you will also need to be signed on to see the screenie);

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=3034)

As well as adding a number of Robes to the game; Mira, Mical and Atton all have their own unique Jedi Robes. The Jedi Councils Robes have been updated.

There are a few new weapons to be found around the game, all the Robes have been added in game (so no need for cheats). The NPC's default clothing now comes with their own unique bonuses and their own icons, the NPC's also have their own custom weapons, which you get when they join the party.
 mur'phon
09-10-2009, 8:32 PM
Looks excelent!
Have I done my part now?
 VarsityPuppet
09-10-2009, 8:44 PM
Wow, a year in the making? This is going to be quite the mod j7!
 jonathan7
09-10-2009, 9:32 PM
Looks excelent!
Have I done my part now?

Lol, Murph, you are awesome! :)

I've settled with this as the Jedi Council's unique robes...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=4589)

Here is a preview of most of the icons;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=4588)
 purifier
09-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Great textured robes J7. Maaan, I can't believe I've been missing this thread.

Anyway, I especialy like the Mira experiment robe. It's very appealing.
 Darth Darkus
09-11-2009, 7:09 AM
last Mira robe looks excellent! I would spare out the neck part though... I liked the first Malak robe better than the second version (it doesn't have to be exactly Malak for me but I don't what you were going for) the last Qui-Gon is way better than the first ones... I liked them too but the lines of the inner robes were much too sharp imo
 Marius Fett
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Here's the rest of the icons, for those interested:

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/MariusFett/j7_icons_3.jpg)

Yeah, the party members personal clothing items all say 'lightsaber' in that screeny, but that's when I was testing they all looked ok I was too lazy to actually go through editing all the item files there and then, so I replaced the lightsaber icons. :p

The icons are one of the things I did for the mod, if you haven't worked that out, btw. :p
 Quanon
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Icon madness :p

Though the work put into these has made it really ace.
This mod will be a "must have" from the minute it gets released.

Nice job, lads!
 jonathan7
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Icon madness :p

Though the work put into these has made it really ace.

I had done icons... But they were average, Maruis' are kick ass!

This mod will be a "must have" from the minute it gets released.

Nice job, lads!

Thanks Q! :)
 Queen of Night
09-11-2009, 1:36 PM
I like Mira´s Robe. (smile)
 Mono_Giganto
09-11-2009, 2:06 PM
Another slight touch up...

Mira Experiment, kind of along Space Alex's suggestion....

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2816)

This looks good, but I've got two suggestions for you:
The below-the-belt part of the tunic is a noticeably different shade of green than the rest of the outfit. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but on the side views that you posted of the first version, the difference in shades really brought out the area where the below-the-belt section abruptly ends (because as you now there is no back half). This is, of course, a limitation of the model, but you might want to bring the shades closer together so as to not "shine a light" on this particular shortcoming.

The leather tabard looks good, but I think it could use a bit more work. I can tell you used the clone brush to push the leather texture along that area, and while the idea is good, it's left some triangular-shaped areas that noticeably repeat two to four times; four to eight if you count the fact that it's also mirrored. I'd suggest going over it with the clone brush a few more times, and maybe smudge it lightly in places as well. If you get rid of the mirror effect, I think it will go a long way.

Hope this helps. :)
 jonathan7
09-11-2009, 7:37 PM
last Mira robe looks excellent! I would spare out the neck part though...

This is one of those classic problems where different people think different things, people seem to be quite divided over Mira's robe.

I liked the first Malak robe better than the second version (it doesn't have to be exactly Malak for me but I don't what you were going for)

They are seperate Robes, one is Malak's armour and the other is Malak's Jedi Robe - though there are better mods out there for the armour so thats now defunct.

the last Qui-Gon is way better than the first ones... I liked them too but the lines of the inner robes were much too sharp imo

Thanks for the input :)

This looks good, but I've got two suggestions for you:
The below-the-belt part of the tunic is a noticeably different shade of green than the rest of the outfit. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but on the side views that you posted of the first version, the difference in shades really brought out the area where the below-the-belt section abruptly ends (because as you now there is no back half). This is, of course, a limitation of the model, but you might want to bring the shades closer together so as to not "shine a light" on this particular shortcoming.

Thanks for the input, I'm kind of torn between improving it or not - I'll review Mira's Robe in game and see what I think - there are quite a few differences between the earlier variations and the later variations of Mira's Robe.

The leather tabard looks good, but I think it could use a bit more work. I can tell you used the clone brush to push the leather texture along that area, and while the idea is good, it's left some triangular-shaped areas that noticeably repeat two to four times; four to eight if you count the fact that it's also mirrored. I'd suggest going over it with the clone brush a few more times, and maybe smudge it lightly in places as well. If you get rid of the mirror effect, I think it will go a long way.

To be honest the tabbard is looking like that intentionally, on most of the Robes I've had to create creases in the Robes, so the tabbard is meant to reflect that - again I'll review it in game again and make a decision.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the input :)
 Mono_Giganto
09-11-2009, 7:45 PM
there are quite a few differences between the earlier variations and the later variations of Mira's Robe.

I figured the picture I saw wouldn't be entirely accurate anymore, but all the same I thought I'd mention it. :p

To be honest the tabbard is looking like that intentionally, on most of the Robes I've had to create creases in the Robes,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:

Are you saying that the texture tiles intentionally, or that it's mirrored intentionally?
 jonathan7
09-11-2009, 7:49 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :confused:

Are you saying that the texture tiles intentionally, or that it's mirrored intentionally?

Both IIRC - its a long time since I did the tabbard - the effect is meant to be a kind of wavvey crease thing in the leather, as well as a sort of underlying mirror pattern - in a lot of the Robes I had to add ruffles in the fabric; Clearly I wasn't massively succesful on the tabbard.
 Mono_Giganto
09-11-2009, 8:00 PM
Clearly I wasn't massively succesful on the tabbard.

Don't get me wrong I still think it looks good. ;)

I think if you smoothed out those triangles a bit, it'd be unnoticeable.
Page: 2 of 2