Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1]Ryloth Planet Mod

Page: 1 of 2
 HK-42
12-20-2008, 9:51 PM
Ryloth Planet Mod

ON HOLD TILL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO REAL LIFE ISSUES
Alright, here we go.

I've been working on a planet mod recently for Knights of the old Republic, and I am finally making a thread. It adds Ryloth(obviously since you most likely read the title before you clicked it) and it comes along with 12 modules, multiple merchants, just fun NPCs, a new story line, one big side quest, a few smaller side quests, a custom planet icon, and more.

Help Me!

Before I get on to the good things(like how far I am) I'm going to say the things I would like but cant do myself(I'll be doing all the tedious stuff like .git files, packaging, spawning, merchants, etc)

1. Module Reskins- Would be a BIG plus, list of modules below)

2. Duel Arena- As I am reusing Taris's cantina, it would be great to reuse the dueling arena, but it requires lots of scripts and stuff I can not do. Instead of humans I'll probably have huge creatures, with terms like in TSL.

3. Custom Reskins for Characters.

Galaxy Map Bug- Fixed.

5. Some new twilek toys.

6. Waypoints

7. Swoop Scripts

Thats it for now if you can do one or more of these either post or pm me.

Now fun stuff:

NOTE: All Major Character(but 2) lack dialog till I get plot details right and get all the NPC's spawned and stuff.

PROGRESS

1. Kala'din Landing Pad- 80% Lacks major character dialog and going to add a couple NPC's to make feel alive.

2. Kala'din Village- 90% lacking waypoints

3. Merchant Center- 99% Just not going to 100 untill release because you never know.

4. Jedi Apartment- 80% This is small nothing really about it except the main jedi characters live here and you talk to them. They lack dialog.

5. Cantina- 90%- Lacks Major Character Dialog and the pazaak players dialog

6. Exchange Territory- 50% Ready for NPC's

7. Exchange Base- 10% Nothing but Ideas

8. Sith Territory- 90% Lacks 1 Dialog

9. Sith Temple- 10% Nothing but Ideas

10. Darth <Insert Name Here> Meditation Chamber- 10% Nothing but Ideas all it is here is the final battle/dialog/end of main quest.

11. Swoop Area- 50% Lacks some NPC's, dialog, and scripts for the races

12. Swoop Track- 10% Nothing but Ideas

Well I dont have many screenshots yet. Why? Because I'm too busy making the mod and tonight was my night off:xp: and I only got a few minutes to use on the computer because I have to leave.
I wanted to get a video up, but my recorder did horrible quality(hypercam) and the other one I used had great quality but lagged the game...bad.(camtasia)

Anyway hope your interested, and if you can do one of the things I wanted contact me.

More information about the mod is here: http://rylothplanet.blogspot.com/)

Also this is now(starting yesterday) a Team Hssiss Project, so check out the thread on that team.

Reused Modules

Kala'din Landing Pad=Korriban Landing Pad
Kala'din Village=Ancherhead
Jedi Apartment=Taris Apartment(a desert reskin of this would be nice)
Merchant Center=Hunter Store on that desert planet we all know and love
Cantina=Taris Cantina
Exchange Territory=The Sand People Entrance to their home
Exchange Base=The Sand People Base
Sith Territory=Korriban Academy Entrance
Sith Temple=Korriban Academy
Final Module=Dantoonie Star Map Area

The People who have done work on this mod:
Team Hssiss Member Including:
Canderis- Sith Skin and 2da editing.
LordReven999: Module Reskins, Character Skins
DarthMe- Character Skins
Gob.Demo.Mod- Armor Skins
Yatsuke- Head

Others:
Triggergod: 2 Custom Lightsabers
RedRob41: Character Skin
Marius Fett: Jedi Apartment NEW Module
And the ones who helped me with some scripts(way too many people but ones off the top of my head)
Star Admiral- Script help and some custom mod tools on armbands
Stoffe
Mandalore_the_Great
 HK-42
12-21-2008, 3:23 PM
 Marius Fett
12-21-2008, 3:37 PM
A Gammorean working as a Greeter on Reception? :lol:

Eich, that gave me a chuckle... :p
 HK-42
12-21-2008, 3:47 PM
A Gammorean working as a Greeter on Reception? :lol:

Eich, that gave me a chuckle... :p

It was meant too:D maybe the heat got to his head.
 Canderis
12-21-2008, 3:47 PM
That looks nice! keep up the good work.
 Darth Payne
12-21-2008, 3:50 PM
Wow HK, this looks very promising.
 HK-42
12-21-2008, 9:11 PM
Thanks guys!

Update and couple of pics:

Got some of the citizens in the Cantina! 25 NPC's now in the cantina-not all citizens of course.
Pics:
OMG! A Bar Fight (http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/14.jpg)
Citizens.... (http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/15.jpg)
 Canderis
12-21-2008, 9:16 PM
Thanks guys!

OMG! A Bar Fight (http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/14.jpg)

That'll be good!
 HK-42
12-21-2008, 9:16 PM
That'll be good!

just got to get that script working :)
 Canderis
12-21-2008, 9:20 PM
If they are all hostile 1 they will only attack you, try making half of em hostile 2.
Opse I thought i was posting in the script question, well you will see this anyways
 HK-42
12-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Updated progress: Cantina 90%. Just lacks 1 Major Character Dialog, pazaak player's dialog, and a script I've yet to fix.

Also fixed that bug:
See (http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/16.jpg)

Starting work on the next module now

EDIT: Be sure to check out the list of work I can't do but would like in first post :D
 LordRevan999
12-27-2008, 5:40 PM
Hey,HK-42 just to let you know I made the sand texture seamless and working in game.Here is the pic.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/sandtry.jpg)
 HK-42
12-27-2008, 8:20 PM
it looks great thanks. I look forward to seeing your skills on the other things too.
 HdVaderII
12-27-2008, 8:24 PM
I'm looking forward to playing this! It looks nice!
 LordRevan999
12-27-2008, 8:46 PM
I was just checking which textures were for the area and I got a good view,hmm,thinking about it,it reminds me of those morrowind buildings.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/sandtry1.jpg)
 HK-42
12-27-2008, 8:55 PM
Great again, its like those mud houses in Indian Villages, also can you use the hidden tag? They spread out my screen :(. Anyway looking good.

EDIT: Below one is alot better =)
 LordRevan999
12-27-2008, 9:36 PM
I lightened the walls texture with some changing.So here is new one.Tell me if it still needs work.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/sandtry2.jpg)
 darth-me
12-28-2008, 9:33 AM
Hi HK-42, you might recognise me from the team hssiss forum. As long as they aren't too complex, and you don't need this (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atinahvanisyb5.jpg) kind of quality, then I can probably help with character reskins.
The mod looks great! :D
 LordRevan999
12-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I didn't knew redrob41 was this much talented,man I don't know what to say,that is some awesome reskin.Anyways,HK-42 I might help you and darth-me with character reskins.

EDIT:HK-42 have a look at these.Btw.there seems to be a problem with changing the skybox.Few buildings still remain as if they are part of the module.I tried every skybox to remove those remaining buildings but it didn't work.And on thing more the part of skybox that changed,it needs a custom made skybox.I will tell you details when you are online at msn.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/Hometry.jpg)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/Hometry1.jpg)
 HK-42
12-28-2008, 2:03 PM
Those Look great man, better than I imagined that room could look like.
 DarthYuugi
12-28-2008, 4:22 PM
LOL

i was just saying they were retarted

im keeping my eye on this one :D
EDIT: P.S I was talking about the twilek dialog
 Druganator
12-28-2008, 7:57 PM
that is sum ****in good **** dude haha its awesome man keep up the good work i'm high
 HK-42
12-28-2008, 8:41 PM
Good News the Bar fight is now working! They have quite a nice drunk battle too, if I ever find a good video recorder ill make a video of it. (Thanks stoffe and the others who helped with that script).
 Xarwarz
12-29-2008, 4:11 AM
looking forward to the completion HK-42
and LordRaven not to bad either
 Jammy-Jedi
12-29-2008, 2:36 PM
Very nice work nice reskin of the room from Taris, Just a couple of thoughts:

The door in the room looks a bit new-ish perhaps it could be a made to look a bit
scruffier like the rest of the room.

The piles of sand drifted agents the side of the building in the Tattoine reskins look very odd as they are a different colure.
 LordRevan999
12-29-2008, 3:03 PM
Very nice work nice reskin of the room from Taris, Just a couple of thoughts:

The door in the room looks a bit new-ish perhaps it could be a made to look a bit
scruffier like the rest of the room.

The piles of sand drifted agents the side of the building in the Tattoine reskins look very odd as they are a different colure.

I was wondering when someone would find this.Yeah,Jammy,I know about it but just because I am working on other parts of the area it doesn't mean I am not going to fix these problems.I have left these minor things for last stage,because I am focusing on making the reskins of all the areas first and then revisiting and making changes as necessary.

Edit:HK-42,how about this head I just reskinned for the twilek jedi?Anyways ignore the sith uniform as I was using uthura ban's appearance to check the head.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/greenishtry.jpg)
 HK-42
12-29-2008, 8:58 PM
@LR: Yea that one is great!(As I told you at Team Hssiss Chat)

@Other: I have added 2 things I need help with. So if you can do these or one of the originals up in the first post tell me. The new ones are: Waypoints and Swoop Scripts.

And for the Good Stuff: I have a new module I am almost done with, it is the Swoop Area(and the track) I'll get a screenie of it when I'm done.

Cheers!
 logan23
12-29-2008, 9:40 PM
The Mod looks great!

Keep up the great work:)

Logan
 GarfieldJL
12-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Most of Ryloth's habitation is below ground so maybe the skybox should look more like it is a giant cave, just a thought.
 HK-42
12-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Most of Ryloth's habitation is below ground so maybe the skybox should look more like it is a giant cave, just a thought.

Actually that is only a few cities. The city I chose had no information on it except it is on Ryloth.
 redrob41
12-30-2008, 3:14 AM
here is a screenshot of the new Wookiee you asked for. He's grey, but not as old looking as my playable Wookiee (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183414). I gave him dark blue eyes, and a unique robe with some detailed trim. Let me know if there are any changes that you'd like to see.
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8371/kilokcd3.th.jpg) (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kilokcd3.jpg)
I would have had it up sooner, but I'm having some problems getting it in-game as a unique appearance.

Edit: now that I'm seeing it in game, I'm thinking that he might be more of a salt & pepper colour (black & white mixed together), not actually grey. I could probably tweek that a bit.
 HK-42
12-30-2008, 3:34 AM
It looks great redrob, could I get a backshot?
 Thankteamgizka
12-31-2008, 2:25 AM
the textures in this mod look very good I will try to follow this mod and I wish you the best of luck
 Quanon
12-31-2008, 6:24 AM
EDIT:HK-42 have a look at these.Btw.there seems to be a problem with changing the skybox.Few buildings still remain as if they are part of the module.I tried every skybox to remove those remaining buildings but it didn't work.And on thing more the part of skybox that changed,it needs a custom made skybox.I will tell you details when you are online at msn.

:lol:, those buildings are a part of the model.

No matter what skybox changes you do they"ll stay there :)

Perhaps as a bit more long work around, is to make a "skybox" placeable.

Is it the full apartment ring you use, or only really one apartment ?

Else you would have to reskin the windows, to closed wall, or just sort of dark glass.
 Canderis
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM

Else you would have to reskin the windows, to closed wall, or just sort of dark glass.

That module is just the base you use when on taris, there for it is only 1 module
 LordRevan999
12-31-2008, 12:17 PM

Well,Quanon I also found out that it was a part of the model.Btw,how to make a skybox placeable.Btw,its only one apartment.
And if everything else fails I can close the window:xp:.
 Xarwarz
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM
if you need any help for the outdoor environments let me know
 Marius Fett
12-31-2008, 1:15 PM
@LR:

I think what you would need to do, is create a box in Max, (smaller than the actual skybox but larger than the apartment) and texture it as you would a regular skybox.

Then export it normally as you would, then add an entry in placeables.2da for your model, then make a utp that uses your new entry.

Enter the placeable in the .git file of your area, at 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 (this is where it's important to get the size right) and voila!

I assume that's how it would work anyways.

Try it and see! ;)
 HK-42
01-01-2009, 1:54 AM
Brief Update on whats happened:
LordRevan999 is working on some reskins of the modules, and has made a Character skin as well.
Canderis has been doing some 2da editing to get the appearences in game.
Darth Me has been doing some character skins.
And Marius Fett has been making a NEW Module for the Jedi Apartment as we had a problem with the window.

Meanwhile Ive been working on the Swoop Area. And made a moddb page. Here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ryloth-planet-mod)

By the way: HAPPY NEW YEARS
 Canderis
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM
On your post in Team Hssiss you put in you want to make a arena? I can help you with that as using a computer to spawn people easy.
 Quanon
01-02-2009, 6:27 AM
@LR:

I think what you would need to do, is create a box in Max, (smaller than the actual skybox but larger than the apartment) and texture it as you would a regular skybox.

Try it and see! ;)

You got it !

Infact you would only need about 2 planes. One for up and one for the front.

The sizes would be a bit problematic, perhaps a cylinder would be better as thing would be close to the windows... mйh, I see this has come obsolete...

Plus it was a rather idiotic way around :lol:

Do your best MF !
 GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 6:26 PM
Actually that is only a few cities. The city I chose had no information on it except it is on Ryloth.

While it is an interesting idea, there have been numerous books involving Ryloth.

Ryloth's orbit about its sun is similar to how our moon orbits the Earth, the same side always facing the object it orbits.

Side that Always faces the star it orbits: This part would be extremely hot, it could almost make Tatooine look like a winter ski resort in comparison temperature-wise.

Side that is always turned away from the star it orbits: This part would be extremely cold, because the planet has an atmosphere it wouldn't be absolute darkness but you get the idea. There would be wind storms from the daylight side that enters the nightside of the planet that would consist of extremely hot air.

Twilight: This narrow band was all that was habitable on the surface of Ryloth and that is just barely, the windstorms that blow through can literally kill someone caught in them. According to books the Twi'lek relied on wind power to power their cities which were underground due to the harsh environment.

One of the books that this is mentioned in I believe is Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty

It was one of the books involving the Diversity Alliance anyways. Another instance description I believe were from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and there were other examples of cities given in some of the X-Wing books and comics.

Now I might be a little too focused on detail, but that's essentially why I'm suggesting you change the skybox with exception to maybe the landing pad so that it looks like the entire place is underground.
 HK-42
01-03-2009, 6:49 PM
While it is an interesting idea, there have been numerous books involving Ryloth.

Ryloth's orbit about its sun is similar to how our moon orbits the Earth, the same side always facing the object it orbits.

Side that Always faces the star it orbits: This part would be extremely hot, it could almost make Tatooine look like a winter ski resort in comparison temperature-wise.

Side that is always turned away from the star it orbits: This part would be extremely cold, because the planet has an atmosphere it wouldn't be absolute darkness but you get the idea. There would be wind storms from the daylight side that enters the nightside of the planet that would consist of extremely hot air.

Twilight: This narrow band was all that was habitable on the surface of Ryloth and that is just barely, the windstorms that blow through can literally kill someone caught in them. According to books the Twi'lek relied on wind power to power their cities which were underground due to the harsh environment.

One of the books that this is mentioned in I believe is Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty

It was one of the books involving the Diversity Alliance anyways. Another instance description I believe were from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and there were other examples of cities given in some of the X-Wing books and comics.

Now I might be a little too focused on detail, but that's essentially why I'm suggesting you change the skybox with exception to maybe the landing pad so that it looks like the entire place is underground.

Living on the Heat side, caused massive heat storms wiping out most of the city at anytime. Also there is cities on the heat side, including one that is going to be in a new episode of the clone wars tv series. I have a side quest with one of the heat storms. The reason why im not putting underground it that it would conflict with most of the modules.
 GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 6:51 PM
Living on the Heat side, caused massive heat storms wiping out most of the city at anytime. Also there is cities on the heat side, including one that is going to be in a new episode of the clone wars tv series. I have a side quest with one of the heat storms. The reason why im not putting underground it that it would conflict with most of the modules.

That's an interesting tidbit, I really haven't payed much attention to that series.
 HK-42
01-03-2009, 8:18 PM
That's an interesting tidbit, I really haven't payed much attention to that series.

Me Neither, but when I was researching ryloth I found that out.
 HK-42
01-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Alright Guys, LR needs some comments on this so praises of constructive ideas please:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/landingpad.jpg)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/landingpadinside.jpg)
 Quanon
01-04-2009, 6:34 AM
Well, seems a good idea. But:

You'll need to fix the wall texture, its not tile-able, you get this hard edge at its top.

I think you'll have to make a choice, the walls are very dirty or the floor is very dirty, not both. IMO its "heavy" to look at.

I'm not saying dump the messy idea, just trim it down on the floor tiles is what I would do.

So far good progress :)
 Lord of Hunger
01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
I love the reskins by LordRevan, definitely the dirt feel of Ryloth there. But is that a Selkath? If so, is the Selkath a member of the Exchange?
 HK-42
01-04-2009, 1:06 PM
I love the reskins by LordRevan, definitely the dirt feel of Ryloth there. But is that a Selkath? If so, is the Selkath a member of the Exchange?

He is just a citizen, after the exchange rooted in the planet, more and more twi'leks are enslaved, move out of exchange areas, hide, or join the rebels. The exchange has been supporting more and more alien species to come to ryloth.

@Quanon: Ok thanks for constructive criticism ill pass it to LR.
 LordRevan999
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Ok,everyone(especially Quanon) I made a new skin.Hope everyone likes it.Btw,if anyone sees some flaw in it please tell me or has some suggestion I am all ears.So here is the pic.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/LordRevan999/landingpadinsidenew1.jpg)
Page: 1 of 2