Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fan-made story/book series

Page: 1 of 1
 Ztalker
11-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Hello...

The other idea, a great (or crazy) idea hit me.
I've been lurking around the entertainment centre for quit some time now, and have seen several GREAT writers.

I've seen aforementioned writers write trilogies as well.
Why not combine these two given facts?

A FAN-MADE STORY/BOOK SERIES
I've been pondering on this for quit some time, so here it goes:

-Basically, 'we' need the best available writers for this.
(possibly excluding myself, since I'm not known for great writing)
-A project lead (someone experienced and mature)
-A time frame
-Actual e-mail contact between the writers.

What I'm aiming at is, let's say, 5 new stories. Every story written by another author.
Every week another chapter is released, so the following stories can be worked on. There should be MUCH talk and mailing between the authors to keep the storyline intact.

And that's where the problems enter: It will take MUCH time. And how do we determine what makes a 'good' writer?

So, that's basically it.
If this is impossible...go ahead and close this thread. I thought it was just an interesting idea.
Also, I felt it would be cool to have another 'WOW' project around this forum. The entertainment centre certainly deserves so.

Maybe I'm running ahead of things, but might you be interested in leading this, Jae? Seen the fact that you are (imo) one of the best writers around here and are certainly one of the more mature and organised people.
 LordOfTheFish
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it's a great idea. I would certainly read it, since I lack the skill to write something great. Were you thinking about actually publishing a book series?

And yes, I vote Jae for lead!
 Ztalker
11-17-2008, 12:00 PM
No, publishing is forbidden by Lucas.
But we can write it down here...give people something 'new' and exciting.

I have thought about some ideas to work out.
But I'll tell them later when more people have showed interest.

Because, like I said, I don't consider myself a good writer. Maybe this project will be picked up by the talented ones.
Even so, it will be very cool to read!
 LordOfTheFish
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Alright then. Keep me posted :)
 Ztalker
11-18-2008, 4:41 AM
Very few responses still.....I'll throw in some ideas then.

First note: There will be need for a cover artist. I feel every new 'book' (or story, since fanfics aren't as long as the real books) needs a new cover to point out they're part of the same series.

Ideas:

a) Infinities:
An old SW brand. It recreates the story of episode 4,5,6 with a twist of events. Like, Luke missing the Death Star with the torpedo's, Luke dying on Hoth, or Yoda dying before Luke can finish his training. They all lead to different events.

I thought of doing this for episode 1,2 or 3. Since we have seen these movies, it isn't difficult to portray the characters since they already exist.

Infinities ideas: (6 books on 1 episode, or describe what the twist means for following episodes?)
Infinities Episode 1: Qui-Gon Jinn dies on Tatooine by the hands of Darth Maul. Obi-Wan stands alone with Anakin....a padawan is about to break!
Infinities Episode 2: Obi-Wan Kenobi dies at the hands of Jango Fett (or Dooku) and Anakin, twisted by grief of his mother and father figure searches to end the Clone Wars.
Infinities Episode 3: Anakin resents Sidious offer. He informs the Jedi and the Jedi prepare themselves for Order 66....will Palpatine's rise to power fail?
Infinities: Vader: "You underestimate my power!" But Anakin doesn't make the jump. He waits to fight another day. (This will lead into Episode 4,5 and 6 of course....a not-mutilated Vader...top of his power...should be interesting cover art!)

New Star Wars era (500bby)
Yoda in his prime. New Jedi can be created for the story. More difficult. But there's artistic freedom since there is not much known about this time.

Star Wars: Revan
What the hell did Revan do in the Unknown Regions?
Again, much freedom.

Anyway, I thought about this for quit some time. The infinities label should be a bit less harder to create. Each author can
 LordOfTheFish
11-18-2008, 9:23 AM
Perhaps you should select people you'd like to help, and pm them. For example, "Inyri" for the cover artist, there's no one better. Just a thought though.
 Bee Hoon
11-18-2008, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with just reading the stories here?;o The way I see it, there doesn't seem to be much difference, except you seem to want to set a theme.

Star Wars: Revan
What the hell did Revan do in the Unknown Regions?
Again, much freedom.I think there's quite a lot of stories about this (which is all that we fans can do for KotOR III, CRY!). Most of them are unfinished though.
 machievelli
11-18-2008, 11:56 PM
What you could do is set a basic theme and see where it can go. I've been thinking of asking Karen Traviss (Author of all of the Mando novels so far) if she'd be willing to edit an anthology of such from writers who don't have agents.
 CommanderQ
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Mach, have you visited Karen Traviss' website, she has several ways there to communicate to her, though she does have some rules on what to send in email, but it'd be worth asking.
 Ztalker
11-19-2008, 6:54 AM
What you could do is set a basic theme and see where it can go. I've been thinking of asking Karen Traviss (Author of all of the Mando novels so far) if she'd be willing to edit an anthology of such from writers who don't have agents.

Something like that would be cool.
I'll think about it some more. But, like Bee said, there's plenty of stories around here. This needs some more time.
Page: 1 of 1