Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Classes (ex. Bounty hunters and more)

Page: 1 of 1
 logan23
11-09-2008, 5:24 PM
Hey everyone,

The issue of the Bounty hunter class was introduced in another forum.

I believe I know a way to create new classes.

I plan to create 2-3 types of Bounty hunter classes using the Guilds for reference.

I also hope to make levels to the classes.
Ex. Bounty hunter Guild:Crimson Nova specialize in hunting Jedi.
Level1-3 Crimson Nova Guild

This is an experiment in class creation.
I have a plan and I'm confident it will work:)

Logan
 TriggerGod
11-09-2008, 5:33 PM
Hey everyone,

The issue of the Bounty hunter class was introduced in another forum.

I believe I know a way to create new classes.

I plan to create 2-3 types of Bounty hunter classes using the Guilds for reference.

I also hope to make levels to the classes.
Ex. Bounty hunter Guild:Crimson Nova specialize in hunting Jedi.
Level1-3 Crimson Nova Guild

This is an experiment in class creation.
I have a plan and I'm confident it will work:)

Logan

In this situation, logan, you do know that you can't get force points or powers in a new class? Basically, that means once you get this new class, unless you don't want to give powers, you'd have to make a script that gives you force points depending on your Wisdom attribute on every level up. (ok, that wasn't basic. In other words; no force powers or points without scripts.)
 SpartanPride
11-09-2008, 6:13 PM
Oh, that's cool :P

I'm sure you're going to be rained upon with this question, but will the mod take a while to make :P
 logan23
11-09-2008, 6:43 PM
I see your point.

The new class will be a sub-class.
I will not be replacing the scout or scoundrel classes.
I will be adding a class over the existing class as form of piggyback.

Ex. You will be a scout (NPC) or Jedi sentinel (PC) and at a certain point you will become also a member of a Bounty Hunter Guild. You will still receive the same level up with the main class but you will have opportunity to also raise your bounty hunter level as well. The new bounty hunter level will increase your bonuses, attributes,...etc depending on your Guild.

Logan
 darth-me
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
It would be great if you succeed!

I was hoping we could already do this, so if you work it out please make a tutorial, I'd be very grateful :)
 Chevron 7 locke
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Will you include new items with the bounty hunting levels?
 logan23
11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I plan to release this as a Package.

It will contain:

The item + tutorial on editing it
The scripts along with dlg files that can then be place into/edited to your liking.
I will have 3 levels to the bounty hunter class.
I will give a tutorial on how you can edit and increase the levels up to 4, 5, Etc.

The goal of this is to give you the tools so that you can then edit the Package to fit what ever mod style you wish to create,…ex. You might want to create your own recruit bounty hunter NPC, or add a side quest in kotor2 where you can enter a bounty hunter guild. I want to give you the freedom to create your own. :)

Logan
 Chevron 7 locke
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
So...will you be adding the bounty hunting guild as a new area?
 logan23
11-10-2008, 1:02 PM
I will not be adding any new areas to the game.

I will add an edited dlg file for Vossk (Bounty Hunter on Nar shadda). The dlg will then look for an datapad which will trigger Vossk to allow you to enter the Bounty Hunter Guild. I will provide the add item and check item script which will be the trigger. You then can edit the Vossk dlg to your liking to allow him to offer you bounty hunter quests. The Bounty hunter side quest will be up to you to create.

I will have an update on the project this coming weekend. :)

Logan
 darth-me
11-10-2008, 2:02 PM
I will have 3 levels to the bounty hunter class.
I will give a tutorial on how you can edit and increase the levels up to 4, 5, Etc.[/B]
Logan

So will this function like a normal character class?
 logan23
11-10-2008, 2:14 PM
It will be a sub class.
You will have your main class (Jedi sentinel or scout). The bounty hunter class will piggy back on top of the main class.

Ex. You will be a scout (NPC) or Jedi sentinel (PC) and at a certain point you will become also a member of a Bounty Hunter Guild. You will still receive the same level up with the main class but you will have opportunity to also raise your bounty hunter level as well. The new bounty hunter level will increase your bonuses, attributes,...etc depending on your Guild.

Logan
 darth-me
11-10-2008, 2:25 PM
oh...

Would it be possible for me to make an entirely new class (for a party member in my mod)?
 RedHawke
11-11-2008, 8:03 AM
For KotOR or TSL?

I ask this because, as I recall, the scripting functions do not exist in K1 to modify skills, attributes, feats, or force points, etc. those were added in for TSL.
 logan23
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
This will be for TSL.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-11-2008, 4:48 PM
So then...where is the bounty hunting guild located? On the smugglers moon or somewhere else?
 Mandalore_The_Great
11-14-2008, 7:49 PM
ya. Vossk is standing by a door in the refugee sector.
Edit: If you could, could you make a mod that adds a Mandalorian class? I'm obsessed :D
 logan23
11-21-2008, 1:03 AM
Hey everyone!

Mandalore_The_Great, the question is how would be a Mandalorian class evolve in levels.

As I'm playing around with this experiment I'm looking into how to make these classes unique. I would say a Mandalorian class should have the wookie rage. You would have to build a new feat for Mandalorian war rage which would use the animation of the wookie rage. I will look into it this weekend.

I have built the test bounty hunter guild item and now I'm working the more detail area scripting it and how to make it work.

Its going a little slow since most of my time is working on the production of Revenge of Revan Mod.

I will keep you guys posted on the progress. :)

Logan
 Drunkside
11-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I dont think that a mando class is needed, since... Well what would it get? Mandos would get the same crap as soldiers so it would be a waste of time.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-21-2008, 11:54 AM
the Mando class could be given different items then the regular solder class. such as mandalorian blasters, heavy blasters, heavy repeater and armour.
 redrob41
11-21-2008, 2:16 PM
Logan, I'm guessing that you'll try to merge this in with RoR, so that Kelborn (a Mandalorian party member) will have a unique class?
 DarthCyclopsRLZ
11-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Just remember your characters can only have one sub-class. Someone already mentioned that you can't create a FP-using class from scratch.

I would say a Mandalorian class should have the wookie rage. You would have to build a new feat for Mandalorian war rage which would use the animation of the wookie rage. I will look into it this weekend.

You can't create feats. Hardcoded.

You'd have to create an item with which will trigger a 'power' upon use. Armbands with character/feats/class/level restriction is the way to go.

Personal opinion: according to Canderous, Mandalorians are warriors, not berserkers. Low/moderate boosts to several attributes would make more sense then huge gains and losses imo. Oh well.

Mandalore_The_Great, the question is how would be a Mandalorian class evolve in levels.

I'll admit, there's not that much to do with the original feats. Toughness as a free class bonus feat, maybe? That being said, if you're going for dummy feats, the sky's pretty much the limit. You'd have to reactivate them upon entering every area, but it's the best you can do.
Page: 1 of 1