Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your Favourite Planets!

Page: 1 of 2
 Sabretooth
10-24-2008, 2:12 PM
Planets! What planets do you want included in this game? Where will you set up your base? Which planets do you want to visit?

Currently as far as I know, three planets have been confirmed: Coruscant, Korriban and Tython.

I'm guessing Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine have to be there. Strong chance of Onderon, Telos and maybe even Taris. And oh, Tatooine. Can't have a Star Wars game without Tatooine. ;)

I'd set up base at Coruscant, since it's so cool. :D
 SW01
10-24-2008, 2:24 PM
I'd like to see the likes of Bastion, Eriadu, Corulag, Kuat (Imperial worlds), and maybe the likes of Hoth and Bespin. Maybe even Endor so I can get some vengeance on the Ewoks for ROTJ!:D

As for my base, if I had a choice, I'd choose one of the 'Imperial' worlds I mentioned above, or Coruscant.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-24-2008, 2:58 PM
Coruscant, more likely. I'd really like to take a look how does a post-sacked core planet looks like. All I'm saying is that I want some ruined skyscrappers. :xp:

Tython would also be a sight, since it's a place that'll make it's debut now. But I doubt a Jedi planet can be much interesting. It'll more likely be a calm place like Dantooine.

And if I had to bet on another addition, that would be Manaan. On the story overview so far it got some special mentioning, so I'm hoping we'll se Ahto, the Selkath, kolto and the Firaxans sharks again.
 DarthParametric
10-24-2008, 3:02 PM
From what I've read, it sounds like they want to invent some of their own new planets.
 Titanius Anglesmith
10-24-2008, 4:15 PM
And if I had to bet on another addition, that would be Manaan. On the story overview so far it got some special mentioning, so I'm hoping we'll se Ahto, the Selkath, kolto and the Firaxans sharks again.
From what I remember reading, the surface structures on Manaan have been destroyed, and the Selkath have retreated back underwater. It would definitely be interesting to visit some of their underwater habitats, though.
 Jeff
10-24-2008, 4:20 PM
Coruscant is my favorite planet in Star Wars so I am excited to see that one. They made it sound like we will see familiar locations from KotOR so that should be cool. Kashyyyk was my favorite planet in KotOR but not sure if I want to see it in TOR. Dantooine would be cool I think.
 SpartanPride
10-24-2008, 7:50 PM
Taris - you would probably learn some stories about familiar survivors :D
 Ultimate Vader
10-24-2008, 7:54 PM
Lehon will be good.
 SpartanPride
10-24-2008, 7:57 PM
I'd like to hear about Bendak Starkiller, personally.

They never did make it clear if Revan killed him canonically or not. And if Revan didn't kill him, did he survive the attack?

I really liked Bendak - he always seemed so badass :D
 SW01
10-24-2008, 8:01 PM
I'm sure we'll get to see a few new Sith-specific worlds, like Ziost, and maybe a few more rim regions that are ancient Sith, but will be entirely original for this release.
 Yar-El
10-24-2008, 8:45 PM
Coruscant and Korriban. Things have changed greatly on Korriban; thus, I want to see new tombs, temples, and masters. Something to think about. :D
 Ultimate Vader
10-24-2008, 8:49 PM
New tombs like what? Ragnos tomb? Wait, maybe that's a good idea after all.
 Yar-El
10-24-2008, 8:54 PM
 Ultimate Vader
10-24-2008, 9:19 PM
And the new tombs belong to?
 Litofsky
10-24-2008, 9:20 PM
I would definitely like to see Coruscant: the fact that it was sacked is somewhat hilarious. Not to mention destroyed cityscape would be a lot of fun to battle around/explore.

What else? I'd like to see a few new, original planets (of course, I wouldn't mind having the old planets and the new planets in one game).
 SW01
10-24-2008, 9:23 PM
300 years have past. There will no doubt be new tombs.

Yeah, a few intermediate post-Triumvirate Sith Lords probably, but I would enjoy a few ancient tombs - like the ones the Revanchist were trying to unearth of the ancient Sith Lords - that'd be nice!

And yes, Coruscant should be interesting. It'd be good if they had a few intact areas too...
 Pikmin
10-24-2008, 10:08 PM
I would love to see Taris...
 Yar-El
10-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, a few intermediate post-Triumvirate Sith Lords probably, but I would enjoy a few ancient tombs - like the ones the Revanchist were trying to unearth of the ancient Sith Lords - that'd be nice!

And yes, Coruscant should be interesting. It'd be good if they had a few intact areas too... We only covered a small portion of Korriban in Knights 1. We never learn about other possible sites. Valley of the Dark Lords is still my favorite place to hang out.
 Rinku
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Kashyyk - "laugh it up Fuzzball"

Mandalore & Dxun - I want to see how my buds are doing.

Alderan - Lets see how a peaceful planet acts during a time like this

Corellia - Just have to go there.
 TriggerGod
10-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mustafar. Around this period, it would probably be grassy, and have a Jedi Academy on it. Or maybe, the volcanic activity picked up, and it started to become the lava planet it is during the movies.
 Bee Hoon
10-24-2008, 11:17 PM
From what I remember reading, the surface structures on Manaan have been destroyed, and the Selkath have retreated back underwater.DIE SELKATH DIE!!

I'd definitely like to see Coruscant and Dantooine. Nar Shaddaa should be pretty fun-- I imagine that it'd be even more shady since black markets always flourish in times of conflict.
 Tommycat
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
DIE SELKATH DIE!!

I'd definitely like to see Coruscant and Dantooine. Nar Shaddaa should be pretty fun-- I imagine that it'd be even more shady since black markets always flourish in times of conflict.

In times of conflict and times of the greatest repression Black Markets flourish.
Yeah, I want Nar Shaddaa as well, So long as there is a real black market.
 The Betrayer
10-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Taris. As it was depicted in KotOR, people were actually desperate to finish the planet. I hope it will be given more depth in TOR as it was in KotOR Comics.
 Fredi
10-25-2008, 12:51 AM
I would like to see Bastion, Alderaan and Ord Mandell.
 Admiral Buttercrust
10-25-2008, 1:12 AM
Dantooine *snipped*
>: D
Also Coruscant
Telos
Korriban
Ithor
Dxun
Olderon
Ryloth
Tatooine
Nar Shadaaa
Nal hutta
Hoth
Yavin

Please don't skirt the censor. It is there for a reason.

~T_A
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-25-2008, 7:36 PM
From what I remember reading, the surface structures on Manaan have been destroyed, and the Selkath have retreated back underwater. It would definitely be interesting to visit some of their underwater habitats, though.

Ah, indeed. Yeah, well I'd hope we can see their underwater structures as well. As a Republic planet, though. I doubt their irrational neutrality still stands.
 EnderWiggin
10-25-2008, 8:05 PM
Coruscant is my favorite planet in Star Wars so I am excited to see that one. They made it sound like we will see familiar locations from KotOR so that should be cool. Kashyyyk was my favorite planet in KotOR but not sure if I want to see it in TOR. Dantooine would be cool I think.

I agree with you, and with Sabre - but I think I'd like to see Kashyyyk included.

I'd also really like to see Manann again.

_EW_
 tKon
10-25-2008, 8:25 PM
And Alderon's not far away........
 SW01
10-25-2008, 9:28 PM
Vergesso would be a good little Dark side hidey-place, too, but probably only useful with a sizeable space travel element.

Utapau? Maybe throw in a few Utai and Pau'ans?
 Miltiades
10-25-2008, 9:52 PM
I'm glad Coruscant is in there. Alderaan is hinted at, so that makes my day. Other than that, I'd love to see Manaan and Telos return. As for planets new to KotOR, I'd go with Ossus and Ziost, both key planets for Jedi & Sith. I'm guessing we'll get a lot of new planets, as the Sith Empire resides in the Outer Rim. I wouldn't mind some Core Worlds or some of the more famous ones (Corellia, Mon Calamari,...)
 Paddythegreat
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Hopefully there will be Naboo so we can go destryo those jar jar binks sons of bitches before they ruin episode 1.
 Rev7
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Coruscant--for the above reasons

Corellia--It's Corellia we are talking about! I could really picture it in my head....

Yavin--Explore all of the temples, ect...

Dantooine--I can just picture the grass swaying in the wind. I think that Dantooine would be a great addition to TOR.

Tatooine--:carms:

Those are just of the few that I think would be pretty cool.
 Neon
10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Bespin and Coruscant
 Isach
10-26-2008, 1:50 PM
Dantooine, Korriban, Coruscant, just to name a few.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-26-2008, 2:49 PM
My favorite of the planets confirmed is definitely Tython. It is the birth world of the Jedi and is shrouded in mystery, which I love. One thing is bothering me about it, though: in Darth Bane: Rule of Two, the planet is described as being enshrouded in all-encompassing, unrelenting clouds, and that very little sunlight gets through to the surface. Yet, in the screen shots we see sunny skies and pink dusk. I wonder how they'll explain the inconsistency, if they even do at all.

Coruscant comes in as a close second. It might be very interesting to see what it was like in that era.

As for planets I hope make the cut, the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Ziost, the capital of the first Sith Empire.
 jrrtoken
10-26-2008, 3:05 PM
List of planets from Wookiepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic):

Alderaan
Coruscant
Dathomir
Ilum
Korriban
Manaan
Tython

As it's from Wookiepedia, and that none of it is cited, then it's not the official, confirmed list...yet. However, we do know that Tython and Coruscant are definitely in-game planets, and that Korriban might make an appearance due to this (http://www.swtor.com/media/concepts/korriban-valley) concept art. But for the others, we'll have to wait and see.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-26-2008, 3:18 PM
Or that could be Ziost! :)

To tell the truth, I'm tired of Korriban. I think they should have Ziost in place of Korriban.
 Jeff
10-26-2008, 3:27 PM
List of planets from Wookiepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic):

Alderaan
Coruscant
Dathomir
Ilum
Korriban
Manaan
Tython

As it's from Wookiepedia, and that none of it is cited, then it's not the official, confirmed list...yet. However, we do know that Tython and Coruscant are definitely in-game planets, and that Korriban might make an appearance due to this (http://www.swtor.com/media/concepts/korriban-valley) concept art. But for the others, we'll have to wait and see.Pretty sure Korriban is the Sith starting world.
 Miltiades
10-26-2008, 4:03 PM
One thing is bothering me about it, though: in Darth Bane: Rule of Two, the planet is described as being enshrouded in all-encompassing, unrelenting clouds, and that very little sunlight gets through to the surface. Yet, in the screen shots we see sunny skies and pink dusk. I wonder how they'll explain the inconsistency, if they even do at all. The adventures of Bane happen 2,000 years, approximately, after TOR. Who knows what happened. Can be anything, especially with a war between the Jedi & Sith raging on.
 jonathan7
10-26-2008, 4:38 PM
Alderaan!!!! Dantooine, Coruscant, Onderan/Dxun, Mon Calamari - would be the planets I'd love to see!
 DarkSide85
10-26-2008, 5:10 PM
I'd definitely like to see Telos and Taris! Nal Hutta would be great to have too. :jab1
 Jeff
10-26-2008, 5:53 PM
Taris is another that would be cool. It was actually one of my favorite worlds in KotOR even though you weren't even a Jedi yet.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-26-2008, 6:14 PM
I remember wishing they'd have you revisit the ruined Taris in KOTOR II and find out what became of the outcasts who set out for the Promised Land.
 Pho3nix
10-26-2008, 7:29 PM
TATOOINE.
 The Doctor
10-26-2008, 8:08 PM
I'm definitely hoping we see Telos again - I was fascinated to know as much as I could about the Restoration project.

Other than Telos, I'd like to see Manaan and Kashyyykk again, as well.
 Darth_vilas
10-28-2008, 5:46 PM
Dantooine (Jedi enclave)
Korriban (Bigger valley o/t Dark Lords, Korriban academy)
Corusant (Jedi Temple, senate building)
Lehon (Littered with remnants of the Star Forge)
Manaan (If Ahto is still there)
Telos

I also would like to see more space stations (like Yavin in KotOR) and moons (Like Duxn in KotORII)
 GwannaSauna
10-29-2008, 5:17 PM
Ord Mantell, Kuat, Kessel, Hoth, Fest and Bespin
 LordSerion
11-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Korriban FTW! And Manaan, Dantooine, Kashyyk, Byss (maybe), Tatooine of course, Coruscant (I'd visit the Jedi Temple of that age...).
 SW01
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Sullust? It would give a new species, and a more-or-less unexplored and underused environment.

I'd hope for all the worlds from KotOR and TSL to be present, as well as those mentioned in this thread. If they are going to make this as massive as they say, I'd think a huge amount of worlds would be necessary.
 gianner
11-27-2008, 2:30 AM
I want to see Alderaan and Naboo. And then of course Dantooine, Kashyyk, Tatooine, Coruscant.
Page: 1 of 2