Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL Graphical Enhancement Version 2 HDR

Page: 1 of 1
 Xarwarz
09-18-2008, 3:41 AM
Back again this time the focus is on higher resolution and more realistic looking textures. There will be several better looking as well as texture changes........... Pictures don't do justice.......... The reason im doing this is because i like the first version but wasn't satisfied
Ill also be working on the droid planet.....

Also i'll make Alternative Textures for example i have a grass with leaf cover texture and a plain grass texture for dantooine. it depends on if you like plain grass or grass with details

Remember these pics are low res so in game looks better
 DeadYorick
09-18-2008, 4:01 AM
Oooh detail. Very nicely done. When do you believe release will be?
 Xarwarz
09-18-2008, 4:37 AM
Oooh detail. Very nicely done. When do you believe release will be?

Not shure but it will NOT take 2 years like the last one.

But this will be better than the last mod
 Ferc Kast
09-18-2008, 8:16 AM
When I looked at the first one's pics, I said to myself that it didn't look realistic.

However, this version looks much better already. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
 Istorian
09-18-2008, 8:56 AM
Ohh, finally!! The new version of Graphical Enhancement!!:D The first one rocked, but this one seems to be way better!! Keep up the good work, Xarwarz, and post more pics when you can!;)

|I|
 ForeverNight
09-18-2008, 9:24 AM
You're doing this again???

Well, it already looks better than the first one, so, good luck.

And, try not to let it take 2 years this time, if only for your sanity.
 Gavroche
09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I've never been interested in the first one precisely due to the lack of "realism".
If this time you focus on this, then I'll give it a download, 'cause even though I did not like the v1, I must admit that was quality work.

I already like how you're making Peragus a "spookier" place, just like it should have been.

I realize the amount of work you're going to have, but I must ask - Have you considered reskinning cylinders/containers/terminals as well? With your new skins, they just don't fit the decor.
 Xarwarz
09-18-2008, 2:08 PM
When I looked at the first one's pics, I said to myself that it didn't look realistic.

However, this version looks much better already. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

I agree some textures wasn't very realistic cause of the lack of lighting in the engine itself so i had to create a hdr effect
--------------
Ohh, finally!! The new version of Graphical Enhancement!!:D The first one rocked, but this one seems to be way better!! Keep up the good work, Xarwarz, and post more pics when you can!;)

|I|
It will be better looking
--------------
You're doing this again???

Well, it already looks better than the first one, so, good luck.

And, try not to let it take 2 years this time, if only for your sanity.

2 years is not an option when i started i was looking for programs to work with and textures so it took awhile. These days its not a problem so 3-4 months give or take.
--------------
I've never been interested in the first one precisely due to the lack of "realism".
If this time you focus on this, then I'll give it a download, 'cause even though I did not like the v1, I must admit that was quality work.

I already like how you're making Peragus a "spookier" place, just like it should have been.

I realize the amount of work you're going to have, but I must ask - Have you considered reskinning cylinders/containers/terminals as well? With your new skins, they just don't fit the decor.

Yes i will work with the PLC files this time around its tricky cause they wont be just on one level which means the lighting has to be neutral so we'll see what happens
 Quanon
09-18-2008, 3:03 PM
Great job !

I had the same feeling like Gavroche on your first version.
Most textures where nicely made, but often didn't fit to well together.

But like J7 I just filtered out what I didn't like and the end result was very pleasing.

So its pleases me to see your doing an extra effort to make things fit better together :)

Great job.
 Xarwarz
09-18-2008, 3:18 PM
Great job !

I had the same feeling like Gavroche on your first version.
Most textures where nicely made, but often didn't fit to well together.

But like J7 I just filtered out what I didn't like and the end result was very pleasing.

So its pleases me to see your doing an extra effort to make things fit better together :)

Great job.

Well what makes fitting textures together hard at times is the fact that some get reused and may not look right in other areas but i can't change that just minimize it. But i'll try to make it live up to a great new version as much as possible
 Gavroche
09-18-2008, 4:58 PM
Yes i will work with the PLC files this time around its tricky cause they wont be just on one level which means the lighting has to be neutral so we'll see what happens

Kool, nice to learn you intended to work on those :] Though yeah, getting a lighting fitting all the different decors is going to be a challenge.

Reused files. Heh. I guess they'll never cease to cause trouble >:/
 DarthParametric
09-19-2008, 3:22 PM
Nice. I just started K2 again tonight after downloading version 1 of your textures yesterday. Was just about to dive back in to enter the mining tunnels on Peragus when I saw this. Didn't like the V1 window textures at all, but most of the rest of what I saw looked good. Going to check out this new stuff shortly.
 Xarwarz
09-20-2008, 2:47 PM
Nice. I just started K2 again tonight after downloading version 1 of your textures yesterday. Was just about to dive back in to enter the mining tunnels on Peragus when I saw this. Didn't like the V1 window textures at all, but most of the rest of what I saw looked good. Going to check out this new stuff shortly.

Yea I'll be discarding all window textures in the new one and changing a few things here and there
 DarthParametric
09-20-2008, 3:14 PM
I also noticed there were some crazy striped blue/green textures on the Ebon Hawk in Peragus as well. They weren't there on Telos.
 Xarwarz
09-21-2008, 6:17 AM
That was a new texture for ebon hawk. You see its impossible to use the original texture it wont look right i would have to redraw the ebon hawk texture in a 2048x2048 format. But a blue print would be easier so i just used the blue/green texture
 LordRevan999
09-21-2008, 3:03 PM
Wow.It looks better than the first.Do you make these textures by yourself?
 Xarwarz
09-21-2008, 3:41 PM
Wow.It looks better than the first.Do you make these textures by yourself?

Some textures yes others no
 Ulmont
09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Absolutely amazing. It beets the heck out of the low-rez junk that you got as-default from Obsidian. I look forward to dowloading this and hoarding my game-disk like a maniac when it's done.
 Xarwarz
09-22-2008, 4:57 AM
Absolutely amazing. It beets the heck out of the low-rez junk that you got as-default from Obsidian. I look forward to dowloading this and hoarding my game-disk like a maniac when it's done.

yes when compared to version 1 of my mod it will be a noticeable difference
 Xarwarz
09-27-2008, 2:52 PM
Update
 Sith Holocron
09-27-2008, 7:20 PM
Is that making Khoonda as if it's under construction? Makes sense as it was bombed in the previous game
 Malpense
09-27-2008, 9:01 PM
Koonda looks great (although a little small from that angle) but I don't like the crystal cave. The crystals look like they're made of plastic...
 Xarwarz
09-28-2008, 3:28 AM
Is that making Khoonda as if it's under construction? Makes sense as it was bombed in the previous game

Yes i decided to move to the reconstruction phase of khoonda as if preparing for kotor 3
----------------------------------------------------
Koonda looks great (although a little small from that angle) but I don't like the crystal cave. The crystals look like they're made of plastic...

Well personally if im to make these textures look as real as possible i had to change the crystal textures, they look good in the game. But if your not imppressed with the cave you might like the rest of the world.

Ill also be making Alternative textures for those who prefer a different texture
 Miltiades
09-28-2008, 8:27 AM
Koonda looks great (although a little small from that angle) but I don't like the crystal cave. The crystals look like they're made of plastic... Same here. The crystals need some work. Khoonda itself looks nice, though.
 Darth Payne
09-28-2008, 8:31 AM
Darkening the colors of the crystals might work.
 DarthParametric
09-28-2008, 10:47 AM
That was a new texture for ebon hawk. You see its impossible to use the original texture it wont look right i would have to redraw the ebon hawk texture in a 2048x2048 format.So it's a case of it being too labour-intensive, rather than impossible?

Is the original texture Gui_ebon_01.tga? I extracted the model to play around with it in a 3D app. That texture was only 256x256, which doesn't seem right. I thought it would have been 512x512.http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1669/ebonhawkqq0.jpg)

EDIT: Ah, with further digging I see that there's a 512x512 texture for every planet, like PER_EH1.tga.
 Xarwarz
09-28-2008, 3:10 PM
Darkening the colors of the crystals might work.

maybe i'll give that a shot not shure if everyone means grittier looking crystals
-------------------------------------------------
So it's a case of it being too labour-intensive, rather than impossible?

Is the original texture Gui_ebon_01.tga? I extracted the model to play around with it in a 3D app. That texture was only 256x256, which doesn't seem right. I thought it would have been 512x512.

EDIT: Ah, with further digging I see that there's a 512x512 texture for every planet, like PER_EH1.tga.

Well there is a 1024x1024 texture in the game, But the problem is as the texture is stretched it looses color and detail just ends up looking blurred. Therefore any vehicle texture has to to be either replace by something or redrawn. There alot of little detail in that texture that i could not reproduce to make it look real enough. But hey if you could find a way to make it look good i dont mind the help.
 DarthParametric
09-29-2008, 4:56 PM
Well there is a 1024x1024 texture in the gameGot a file name?

But hey if you could find a way to make it look good i dont mind the help.I'll have a look, but I'm not a texture artist. Don't hold your breath...
 Xarwarz
09-30-2008, 4:27 PM
DarthParametric----MAL_Main2 and MAL_EBO_Main2 are the 1024x1024 ebonhawk textures but they have damage on them
 Arбtoeldar
09-30-2008, 5:55 PM
Back again this time the focus is on higher resolution and more realistic looking textures. There will be several better looking as well as texture changes........... Pictures don't do justice.......... The reason I'm doing this is because i like the first version but wasn't satisfied
Ill also be working on the droid planet.....

Also I'll make Alternative Textures for example i have a grass with leaf cover texture and a plain grass texture for Dantooine. it depends on if you like plain grass or grass with details

Remember these pics are low res so in game looks better

New Dan

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5235/danhd6.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)
By http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9291/copyofk200002vv3.jpg) (http://profile.imageshack).

Crystal Cave more color

[URL=http://imageshack.us)
By Xarwaz (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Xarwaz)

:bored::thmbup1:

I will be patiently waiting for this mod to be finished.
 ganoesparan06
09-30-2008, 7:34 PM
Im sorry but im wondering something.

Is that mountains in the background of the Dantooine picture?

If so thats not very realistic after all lore shows us that most of Dantooine is largely plain/steppe broken up by riverlands and lake territories. There are no vast mountains like in that pic. Or if they are they are very few and probably not very close to the main settlements around Khoonda and the Jedi Enclave.

Check the wookiepedia entry on Dantooine.

Also whats up with the grass? its tall which is good but in between it on the ground it almost looks like its covered with bits of shrapnel...
 DarthParametric
10-01-2008, 2:03 AM
DarthParametric----MAL_Main2 and MAL_EBO_Main2 are the 1024x1024 ebonhawk textures but they have damage on themWith a bit of digging I found some clean 1024x1024 textures - V_EHawk01.tga and v_ehawk02.tga. Also looks like there is a displacement map of some sort - V_EHawk01b.tga
 Xarwarz
10-01-2008, 4:05 AM
Im sorry but im wondering something.

Is that mountains in the background of the Dantooine picture?

If so thats not very realistic after all lore shows us that most of Dantooine is largely plain/steppe broken up by riverlands and lake territories. There are no vast mountains like in that pic. Or if they are they are very few and probably not very close to the main settlements around Khoonda and the Jedi Enclave.

Check the wookiepedia entry on Dantooine.

Also whats up with the grass? its tall which is good but in between it on the ground it almost looks like its covered with bits of shrapnel...

Well if there's something i learned from the first one is every one likes and dislikes something....So i'll add alternate textures for those who prefer a different look. As far as the backgound mountain just delete them as skyboxes are hard to get right.
I'll be changing that grass texture in the new version anyway...

With a bit of digging I found some clean 1024x1024 textures - V_EHawk01.tga and v_ehawk02.tga. Also looks like there is a displacement map of some sort - V_EHawk01b.tga

Ah yes i forgot about that but i even stretch that 3000x3000 and it still was blurred there just no hope to use existing texture
 DarthParametric
10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Ah yes i forgot about that but i even stretch that 3000x3000 and it still was blurred there just no hope to use existing textureDoes it need to be that big? And can you honestly say that your blue texture is an improvement over the 1024x1024 original? Compare the two side by side - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2215/ehcomparisonwr8.jpg)

I get that it is too much to expect anyone to make a new EH texture entirely from scratch that matches the original. My question is do you really need to?
 Christos K
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Will these mods be compatible with TSLRP, TSLRP 2, USM?
 Inyri
10-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Does it need to be that big? And can you honestly say that your blue texture is an improvement over the 1024x1024 original? Compare the two side by side - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2215/ehcomparisonwr8.jpg)

I get that it is too much to expect anyone to make a new EH texture entirely from scratch that matches the original. My question is do you really need to?High resolution textures are only an improvement if the high resolution textures are of equal quality to the low resolution ones.

Frankly I think high resolution textures in a game like this are a waste of time since the low-res textures are so expertly made. Rarely can you get textures that size to look as good as they do in-game. Plus the meshes don't really lend themselves to 'super realistic' texturing.
 Xarwarz
10-01-2008, 2:22 PM
Does it need to be that big? And can you honestly say that your blue texture is an improvement over the 1024x1024 original? Compare the two side by side - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2215/ehcomparisonwr8.jpg)

I get that it is too much to expect anyone to make a new EH texture entirely from scratch that matches the original. My question is do you really need to?
Like i mentioned i'd have to have the original drawn blueprint from the artist. Because id have to copy that format as a 1024 or 2048 new texture. So instead i just came up with some fantasy texture works just as well

Will these mods be compatible with TSLRP, TSLRP 2, USM?
Yes this mod changes nothing but graphics
 TheExile
10-02-2008, 3:13 AM
But leave the ebon hawk the same!

random??? naaaah...
 Xarwarz
10-02-2008, 3:01 PM
But leave the ebon hawk the same!

random??? naaaah...

Well I'll have different color textures this time for those who want a different color

UPDATE-TOP
 TheExile
10-03-2008, 2:55 AM
Holy Christ that's awesome!
Page: 1 of 1