Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about the Free Cam mode.

Page: 1 of 1
 Revan 411
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Is there anyway that you can access the Free Cam mode in the PC version of Kotor 2 using Mods?

Reason why is cause I'll be needing it for one of my projects I'll be working on and need to know how to access the Free Cam mode.

So please leave a reply here.
 Sithspecter
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm very certain that there is no free cam mode in KotOR, and I don't think that there's one in TSL...
 Revan 411
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm very certain that there is no free cam mode in KotOR, and I don't think that there's one in TSL...

I know and I'm asking if you can access it from mods. But you can access the Free Cam mod in the Xbox version of Kotor I but in the Xbox version of Kotor II its kind of messed up.

PC version i think you can access it from mods cause I already saw a few people do this.
 Sithspecter
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
One thing you can do is create a blank model as a creature, add a new line in appearacne.2da, set the model for all the stuff, and make that the PC for the level. I'm fairly certain that there aren't any mods that do it either.

Hmmm... I did a Google search and found this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K10nakfMfRA&feature=related). Just a vid, but it's possible.
 Revan 411
07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Do I only need KGFF and Kotor tools to do that or i need other tools?

Hmmm... I did a Google search and found this. Just a vid, but it's possible.

I know the guy who made that he is JCarter426 that made that video and last i heard he used a disguise item to make his player invincible and edited the .git file to add a fake Exile.

So the Cam thing he used is actually The Exile and the other Exile is just a fake clone.
 Sithspecter
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I have no idea how you'd do this...
 Revan 411
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I have no idea how you'd do this...

Well do you know how to edit the .git file to add a fake Exile?
 Dan Loto
07-17-2008, 2:32 PM
The one that JC "made" isn't an exact copy of the Xbox version's freecam.

Look here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mbz4M7td--Q)

See how the guy can float around like the walk mesh isn't even there? With the cheat you can even fly up and down the Z-axis.
 glovemaster
07-17-2008, 3:13 PM
That is a glitch, and not actually some sort of script function its a 'problem' with the game engine and rarely happens by accident. The glitch was called the "galaxy droid" glitch and cannot be replicated through mods.
If you want a free cam then the best way would be to fire a script that swaps the PC character with another character with no appearance, and stealthed to prevent enemies from attacking you in "spectator mode", also a looping script, on heartheat, that checks if your original character has taken damage, and if so cancel the "spectator mode". Its not impossible and will be very different from the effect you may want, but AFAIK its the only way that you will achieve such effect.
 Dan Loto
07-17-2008, 3:25 PM
Gamefaqs has it listed as a cheat code. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/556553.html)

Free Roam Camera
Go to the messages GUI and enter the following code. 'Punch it Chewie' will appear in the messages. Press start to get out of the GUI panel and then press the Right analog stick down (like you're going into first person view).

Code Effect
X, Left, A, X Unlock camera for freeroam

My friend has the Xbox version, and the freecam cheat works on it. How does the galaxy droid relate to it?

Look here, second post from the last: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=749&st=45)

It's by a dev and pretty much speaks for itself. Yeah, basically.

Almost all of the PC cheats were just debugging commands that were made available in the release version.

Some cheats are just bugs too though. Oversights in scripting or dialog design that players can use to pump up alighment, money, XP, etc. Those kind of cheats tend to go away with patching. I abused the money dialog cheat in the release version of Morrowind, myself.

There is a freelook cheat for the X-Box version of KotOR1 that's fun to use to check out the entire level from any angle. It's an example of a code specifically put into the game for the end-user. The code that enables it actually only gets compiled into the Release build.

I'll dig up the code for that cheat tomorrow. I've seen it mentioned on a few KotOR1 code listings, but they always have it wrong by one button so it doesn't actually work. Not sure how that happened. <_<

Generally speaking, cheat codes don't take a lot of time to implement. But since they're almost never part of the design documents, they tend to make their way in when some programmer has too much time on their hands (and when does THAT ever happen ). The freelook camera one, for example, was actually disguised to look like something else in the code. The programmer at Bioware that put it in must not've wanted other programmers to even notice it.
-Akari
 glovemaster
07-17-2008, 3:34 PM
How does the galaxy droid relate to it?
:lol: Sorry, mixed up the Ebon Hawk scene glitch.
 DarkWatcher
10-13-2014, 8:52 PM
There is. There is something called Glintercept. It may seem a bit confusing at first (It took me a while to understand) but once you figure it out you will be enjoying the free cam feature Glintercept enabled for you! Here is the thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211364)
Page: 1 of 1