Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan's Playable Visions

Page: 1 of 1
 jamezy91
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Well here goes this is my first [WIP] mod...

Description

Okay the goal of my mod is to recreate certain key/big points in your past as revan... and make them playable visions. Right now I only have where bastila confronts you on the bridge of your flagship. But I plan on expanding it.

Modules (Current/Future)

-Revans (Sith) Flagship- (Reused Leviathan)

-Taris- (old/new modules)
Skybridge (New Modules)
Mandalorian Base(New Modules)

-Revans Flagship- (reused/new EndarSpire)

More to come

Future plans

I'm planning on incorporating this after you find out your revan. Then at certain points you have visions about your past... One thing I definetly want to do is add some parts about your role in the mandalorian wars... I mean come on who wouldn't want to play revan at that point... I know I would...

I know theres alot of bugs. But if you see any feel free to let me know. Also if you have any ideas you would like to voice feel free.

Download Link (beta)
Download here (http://www.jamezy91.hobby-site.org/?p=4) (as of 7/23/08 my server will be down for a bit... will get it back up A.S.A.P It's back up :))

Screens
(Server is down switching to Imageshack)

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6863/k1revanfs003ba9.th.jpg) (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6863/k1revanfs003ba9.jpg)
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3461/k1revanfs004se1.th.jpg) (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3461/k1revanfs004se1.jpg):lol):
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5282/k1revanfs005fq2.th.jpg) (http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5282/k1revanfs005fq2.jpg)
 Ghost Down
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Silveredge has already done this and he is currently working on an expansion for his mod :)
 jamezy91
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Silveredge has already done this and he is currently working on an expansion off his mod :)

Ya know I thought Silveredge had done something like this but i haven't had time to download/play his Brotherhood of Shadow mod so I wasn't sure. But hopefully I can make this mod my own and feel original... But if this is similar to Silveredge's mod i'm sorry and didn't intensionaly copy any work that he did.

[Edit]
By the way Silveredge if you see this and feel that it infringes on your mod I will take it down.
 nine.roses
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Silveredge has already done this and he is currently working on an expansion for his mod :)

The focus of the Brotherhood of Shadow mod was Silveredge's additional storyline, with the vision of Revan on his flagship expanded on in Silveredge's unique way and surrounded by a heavy backstory. I expect the focus of jamezy91's mod is the vision itself, which is welcome for those who just want to play through Revan's memories.

Don't worry jamezy91, as long as you stay away from making a merchant ship infested by ancient Sith spirits, a servant named "Matilda", and a lethan Twilek admiral you'll be fine.
 NightHammer
07-12-2008, 12:50 PM
How do you plan on making the star map location visions playable? Like what kind of stuff will you have to accomplish? Or am I asking too much?
 jamezy91
07-12-2008, 7:50 PM
How do you plan on making the star map location visions playable? Like what kind of stuff will you have to accomplish? Or am I asking too much?

I don't really understand the question.

But my whole goal to this is to just make a series of playable visions you have after you discover your revan. I haven't worked out all the details just yet but in the visions I realy just wanted to explore your (revan's) past. Just little tidbits. A few things that really interest me are the points between when you go off to fight the mandalorians... and maybe a few things of
discovering the starforge and junk...
 NightHammer
07-13-2008, 1:01 AM
What I meant is what you're going to do to make the visions playable. As in what sort of gameplay will you be putting into the vision quests. Such as; fighting a boss, working your way to the star map like in the normal KOTOR, etc.
 Fiestainabox
07-13-2008, 1:16 AM
One quick suggestion, IIRC, Revan had only one lightsaber during the flagship scene, and it was quite red. Other than that, awesome, looks like its going into my override :)
 jamezy91
07-13-2008, 9:32 AM
What I meant is what you're going to do to make the visions playable. As in what sort of gameplay will you be putting into the vision quests. Such as; fighting a boss, working your way to the star map like in the normal KOTOR, etc.

Well I don't think each one will be long enough to do an actual quest but... Ya never know. I was just planning on doing each vision as a boss fight but I do want them to be more than just more bosses in the game. I want it to feel as if you are actually remembering your past in small little tidbits. I might be able add a couple of longer ones for quests. but again I still have to work out a little outline of each one. And this one was easier cause there was alot more to go off of.

By the way if theres something you'd like to see in this feel free to let me know.

One quick suggestion, IIRC, Revan had only one lightsaber during the flagship scene, and it was quite red. Other than that, awesome, looks like its going into my override :)

Yeah what the deal was with that is I already had a blue lightsaber in my left hand when I warped that time to take screens... And I will be working on a script to remove another lightsaber if equipped at the start.
 jamezy91
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
 Darth Atris
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Awsome looks good
 Canderis
07-21-2008, 2:11 PM
wait... You are making custome areas Not just reused ones!?!
 Thanatos9t
07-21-2008, 3:10 PM
Nice work :D It sort of reminds me of Padmes appartment on Coruscant.
 jamezy91
07-21-2008, 3:13 PM
wait... You are making custome areas Not just reused ones!?!
Yes where I need it. im not sure exactly how many im going to be doing. though taris will atleast have two new modules. im still working on story...
 nine.roses
07-21-2008, 4:08 PM
Very nice. It's the Jedi Tower from the comic series I take it?

This mod looks very promising. Will there be voiced dialogue?
 Canderis
07-21-2008, 5:03 PM
how did you learn to make new areas?! Please tell me i really wana know.
 EnderWiggin
07-21-2008, 5:14 PM
how did you learn to make new areas?! Please tell me i really wana know.

Oh, the magic of the tutorial subforums :rolleyes:

_EW_
 sekan
07-21-2008, 5:46 PM
It surly looks promising :thmbup1:

Keep up the good work
 Canderis
07-21-2008, 6:51 PM
there are tutorials to make new areas and not reused ones?
 NightHammer
07-21-2008, 6:57 PM
The sub sections of Holowan Labs up at the top of the page is where you'll find the tutorials.
 jamezy91
07-21-2008, 7:10 PM
Very nice. It's the Jedi Tower from the comic series I take it?

This mod looks very promising. Will there be voiced dialogue?

Yeah it is. I was hoping someone would recognize it. And about the voiced dialog... Well I have been thinking about it. But I haven't got my story all lined out yet. But if there is enough unvoiced dialog then i'll most likely do voiced dialog... But it's still in the air right now.

It surly looks promising :thmbup1:

Keep up the good work

Thanks... I will :D.
 Canderis
07-21-2008, 7:19 PM
ive looked through the tutorials and havent found anything on how to make new areas i have found how to reuse areas to make new ones but not compleatly nw ones like the one he is making.
 jamezy91
07-21-2008, 7:23 PM
ive looked through the tutorials and havent found anything on how to make new areas i have found how to reuse areas to make new ones but not compleatly nw ones like the one he is making.

here Clicky (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184121)
 EnderWiggin
07-21-2008, 7:26 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184166)

^This should be what you're looking for.

_EW_

EDIT::doh: Darn it! I wasn't fast enough.
 Thanatos9t
07-22-2008, 6:43 AM
Great work, now that I know what it is I had to look it up.

I guess your not done with the bottom of it here is a reference shot I found:
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/Towerbottom.jpg)

Will we be seeing anyone from the KoToR comics in the tower?

Maybe a younger Alec Squinwhatevahisnameisamus with hair?.
 nine.roses
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I doubt we'll actually see the bottom of it: there's only so much you can see over the walls.
 jamezy91
07-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I guess your not done with the bottom.

I will be doing what you'll see at any given time... Anyone familiar with the comics know that this is a huge module so i'll most likely have to do a lot of modeling for like if you were looking over the side to the tower.

I really want to capture the massiveness that I felt when I first played Taris for the first time.

Will we be seeing anyone from the KoToR comics in the tower?

Well I don't think I will to the interior. But there might be some references/appearances from ppl in the comics.

Maybe a younger Alec Squinwhatevahisnameisamus with hair?.

You must wait and see :xp:... But even if I do he'll still be bald.
 jamezy91
09-04-2008, 9:07 PM
Well it sure has been a while... You can blame that on my laptop dying while I've been away from home this summer. But anyway that's all another story.

... Well here we go. The story has been coming along very well. I've got a lot of it worked out. Plus a new love interest :D. It's really going to work into Revan's fall and be a big part of it. just fudging the cannon border lines a bit lol.

I've also got a photo update of another level I've been working on.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3824/0015fi0.th.jpg) (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0015fi0.jpg)http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/1729/001cs2.th.jpg) (http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=001cs2.jpg)http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7381/002bl8.th.jpg) (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=002bl8.jpg)http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5553/003ok9.th.jpg) (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=003ok9.jpg)

Well that's all for now... Sorry I don't have more but once I get home I will be able to do a lot more work.
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-04-2008, 9:20 PM
Haha, good going, Jamezy!

Know that I'll be eagerly waiting the release of your mod.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Hmmm... at first I was skeptical of this since Silver's mod, but now that I see custom modules and stuff and that it's going in a different direction as his I'm excited. :P
 jamezy91
09-05-2008, 9:32 AM
Haha, good going, Jamezy!

Know that I'll be eagerly waiting the release of your mod.

Thnx

Hmmm... at first I was skeptical of this since Silver's mod, but now that I see custom modules and stuff and that it's going in a different direction as his I'm excited. :P

Well I was hopeing I wouldn't have this much trouble showing everyone I want to stay as far away from Silvers mod as I can. It does look bad when mods are placed around the same time period. But I guess what im gonna have to do is just play BOS so I can make sure that nothing looks like I just took his idea changed a few things and wala...

-Jamezy91
 SpaceAlex
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I like the look of the new areas. Seems like you put a lot of effort into them. I'll be keeping an eye on this mod from now on.
 Watcher07
09-05-2008, 9:33 PM
This looks great! I actually put up a mod request a few months ago that is similar to this, was hoping someone would basically reconstruct the bink videos using the actual gameplay for KOTOR 1. In TSL, someone took the bink video of Visas interacting with Nihilus and made it work with the in-game models, textures, etc. Seems like you're not quite doing that, but something very similar, perhaps when you're done you might be able to make that happen. I hate to impose on modders and their works, but you're doing alot of the footwork already. Anyway, again, this looks great, good luck.
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-05-2008, 9:48 PM
About those latest screens you've added, are they the interior of the Tower you showed us before or is it somewhere else?
 jamezy91
09-05-2008, 11:48 PM
About those latest screens you've added, are they the interior of the Tower you showed us before or is it somewhere else?
Nope there not. I'm still on the fence if i'm going to be doing the interior of the Tower. If I do it will most likely just be a bonus. I wouldn't mind doing it. But still it's only me doing this and I don't want to overload myself :D. Even though this mod is already getting a little bigger than I planned :nut:... But thats okay with me.
 Allronix
09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
So what if Silveredge has done it? I welcome and cheer any good storytelling mod!
 zbyl2
09-06-2008, 3:39 AM
Okay, now I'm interest. If there are new module making from scrath, I'm sure it'll be great mod :D I'm awaiting for public release;)
 jonathan7
09-06-2008, 4:27 AM
Well I was hopeing I wouldn't have this much trouble showing everyone I want to stay as far away from Silvers mod as I can. It does look bad when mods are placed around the same time period. But I guess what im gonna have to do is just play BOS so I can make sure that nothing looks like I just took his idea changed a few things and wala...

-Jamezy91

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure Silver isn't bothered or threatened by your mod, and indeed would encourage you wit your efforts; my advice is make the mod as you want it; then release it, don't worry about anyone else and don't try to pander to what lots of different people want/suggest - but do take on board any constructive criticism you find useful. End of the day its a considerable amount of time and skill to create what your aiming for, and if its similar to what SE has done; so what? It's not as if Revan's past is wildly different, especially if your doing key points we know about about. Keep going as your going, and produce what you want, don't worry about anyone else, not least quite a few silly people who have very little modding ability thinking your too close to Silver projects. - My 2 cents - good luck with your project, is looking very promising so far :)
 The Betrayer
09-06-2008, 7:48 AM
This mod needs more Mandalorian Wars.
 jonathan7
09-06-2008, 7:56 AM
This mod needs more Mandalorian Wars.

Eh? Given the mod has only partly been released as a Beta, and Jamie hasn't outlined fully the project, what kind of comment is that?

Please put more efforts into your comments, or don't bother posting - if you have a specific part of the Mandalorian Wars you want point it out - but don't come up with silly statements such as that - myself and several of the 'old guard' are rather distressed at what Holowan is slowly turning into -> namely a place with inane comments and a fair ammount of fanboy - "OMG that's amazing" pants [/End Rant].

Quality work so far Jamie - I am still look forward to what you have in store for us :)
 The Betrayer
09-06-2008, 9:39 AM
Eh? Given the mod has only partly been released as a Beta, and Jamie hasn't outlined fully the project, what kind of comment is that?

Please put more efforts into your comments, or don't bother posting - if you have a specific part of the Mandalorian Wars you want point it out - but don't come up with silly statements such as that - myself and several of the 'old guard' are rather distressed at what Holowan is slowly turning into -> namely a place with inane comments and a fair ammount of fanboy - "OMG that's amazing" pants [/End Rant].

Quality work so far Jamie - I am still look forward to what you have in store for us :)
That was a suggestion, sorry you didn't understand.
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm already downloading your beta, does it already contains everything that will feature on the final version? And by the way, Kingdom Hearts ftw. :D

Nope there not. I'm still on the fence if i'm going to be doing the interior of the Tower. If I do it will most likely just be a bonus. I wouldn't mind doing it.
A bonus? So we'll be just passing by through there?
 jamezy91
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm already downloading your beta, does it already contains everything that will feature on the final version?
No thats just a working version (though incomplete) of the fight on revan's flagship... Sorry:(.

A bonus? So we'll be just passing by through there?*If i'm understanding the question properly* Yes more or less... But right now my story dose not take the player inside the tower for any reason.

And by the way, Kingdom Hearts ftw. :D:D
 jamezy91
09-18-2008, 2:17 PM
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-18-2008, 4:24 PM
It may already have been said, so I might be whipping a dead horse but..

During the Bastila+2 Jedi vs. Revan vision.. There was an explosion that cut the fight short and knocked Revan out. Hence the loss of memory.

I could be wrong about the reason he lost memory, but that fight was cut short...
 jamezy91
09-19-2008, 8:17 PM
It may already have been said, so I might be whipping a dead horse but..

During the Bastila+2 Jedi vs. Revan vision.. There was an explosion that cut the fight short and knocked Revan out. Hence the loss of memory.

I could be wrong about the reason he lost memory, but that fight was cut short...

Yes I do realize that the fight in the vision/video version currently in the game dose not have a fight... but when I descided to include it it wouldn't be a playable vision if there wasn't anything to do than just watch the scene unfold...

I wanted to add a little more life to it... in my version you/revan will be able to reply to bastila then when you have finished then the fight begins and after that the vision procedes as it did in the game... -Jamezy91-
 Robespierre
09-19-2008, 9:45 PM
Hence the loss of memory.

Actually, the explosion just knocked him out. AFAIK, the Jedi Council were the ones who erased Revan's memory. But yes, the explosion did cut the fight short, but that doesn't mean they can't fight a little before the explosion.
Page: 1 of 1