Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL]Armband

Page: 1 of 1
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-10-2008, 6:57 PM
how do you create an armband that transports you to a new module you created?
 Sithspecter
04-10-2008, 7:59 PM
I don't think you make an armband for that. The 'whereami' armband is for determining what your location in a module is, not for warping to new ones.
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-10-2008, 9:27 PM
they did it with the combat simulation arena. Is there any item that you can have that you can make to transport you to a set module?
 glovemaster
04-11-2008, 4:00 AM
What you can do is create your armband that has a new line in Spells.2da that will fire this script:
void main(){
object User = GetFirstPC();
AssignCommand(User, ActionStartConversation(User, "your_dialog_resref");
}
Then you need to create a dialog.dlg file and replace your_dialog_resref with your file name.
In the dialog you will have to manually type in each module down in a list of options for the player and attach this script to each node, setting the appropriate script parameter 1 on the dialog node.
void main(){
int iModule = GetScriptParameter(1);
string Module;
switch (iModule){
case 0;
Module = "001PER";
break;
case 1;
Module = "002PER"
break;
//You need to continue this list, just follow the same format as above and list all the modules.
}

StartNewModule(Module);
}
In the dialog file you need to put the number for iModule, take your reference from this script. So if you wanted to go to the first module on Peragus, then the number you would set in the dialog script parameter 1, would be "0". Because of this part of the script.

I would finish the list of modules for you but I have to go now :p
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-11-2008, 7:53 PM
his is beyond me im new at this it sounds too complicated
 Master_Crush
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
There already is a mod that lets you teleport:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Warp_Cheat_Band;73877)
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-11-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks i know that i ment a module i made
 glovemaster
04-12-2008, 4:29 AM
Ah, suddenly it becomes easier! Well like I said, you need a new line in Spells.2da and the script you need is:
void main(){
StartNewModule("your_new_module");
}
You need to replace your_new_module with the file name for the module you have made. If you are struggling to add a new line to Spells.2da then just copy row 99: ITEM_ABILITY_ENERGY_SHIELD, and then just change the Label and the impact script. Then save and compile the impact script above.

Then you need to put that in your override and make a new UTI file, so you can open kotor tool.
BIFs > Templates > Item Templates > And choose an armband, then hit enter or double click on it to open it.
Then save that file, and the filename you save it as you need to write in the "Template ResRef" field and the "Tag" field. Flick over to "Properties", click on the "Activate Item" property in the table, and you will see an arrow appear to indicate which row you are on. Double click on it to open another window. Where you can see the "Subtype" field, if your edited Spell.2da file is in your override then you should be able to scroll down and select your new row. If not then go back to kotor tool, click Tools > Options and check in "Other", "Look in games override for 2da files".

Hope that helps ;)
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-12-2008, 12:49 PM
thanks i will try that if it does not work can i send this to you and could you do this sorry to ask but...

i cant figure it out
Page: 1 of 1