Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worst Video Game enemies.

Page: 3 of 3
 Bee Hoon
03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I didn't play Kingdom Hearts, so I missed that :p Did you ever hear of the weird theory where Rinoa becomes Ultimecia and Squall becomes her junction (which is whatever you name his ring... I think the default was Griever or something like that)? That was pretty weird... but when you think about it, she never did give up her powers.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-30-2008, 1:51 PM
I have. But I don't credit that much. Even if Edea's power passed to her... well she seemed unconvinced to stay with the others that way.
 JCarter426
03-30-2008, 2:23 PM
Boc. I hate Boc. He is the most annoying thing I have ever seen.

"You're an angry one, aren't you?"

Die, Boc, die.
 Corinthian
03-30-2008, 4:08 PM
Ming Xiao, from Bloodlines, is another good candidate. She's not that tough if you're a gunner guy, especially with a Flamethrower, but if you went Melee or Unarmed, she's a monstrosity, even with the Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade.
 Adept Havelock
03-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Most annoying "monster" award goes to the bat in Atari 2600's Adventure game.
Even if the trophy was given to some other monster, the bat would fly off with it anyway.

Heh. I'd agree with that. Thanks for the quick trip down memory lane. :D
 Inyri
03-31-2008, 1:45 PM
Boc. I hate Boc. He is the most annoying thing I have ever seen.

"You're an angry one, aren't you?"

Die, Boc, die.:lol: Good call. Boc was obnoxious in every possible way. Plus he was obviously made of styrofoam... Also adding to the annoyance. :xp:
 Darth InSidious
03-31-2008, 1:53 PM
The final boss from Elite Force.
 HerbieZ
03-31-2008, 4:49 PM
The final boss from Elite Force.

I was just sat at my pc then and i went to post in this thread, looked at your post and thought, man i already typed it. When did i do that?

You read my mind.

It was freakin' hard. All i remember was expending every weapon and firing useless blasts from my hand phaser.
 Rev7
03-31-2008, 4:50 PM
The final boss on Sly Cooper...
 Darth Pecan
05-13-2008, 4:35 PM
In no particular order...

1. Murlocs (World of Warcraft) - I don't play WoW anymore, but those bastards and their battle cries (MRRRRGLGLGGLLGLGLL!!) will be forever etched into my memory.

2. Sand People (Knights of the Old Republic) - The ones that randomly appeared as you walk around the sand dunes on Tatooine.

3. Those Hand Things (Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) - I forget what they are called, but it's those hands that fall from the ceiling, grab you, and take you back the dungeon entrance. They were annoying as crap.

4. Those Jumping Crab Things (Pretty much every Legend of Zelda game) - Just plain annoying. Period.

5. Rodian Snipers (Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast) - Nar Shadaa (sp?) is the most annoying level in that game simply because of the Rodian Snipers. There are like 15 of them and they are impossible to find.
 Rabish Bini
05-15-2008, 3:47 AM
1 star cops in GTA IV. More of a nuisance than anything else.
 nine.roses
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Zerglings. Little bastards...
 Darth333
05-15-2008, 2:30 PM
Morrowind's Cliff racers. Worst ennemies ever.

The first one I fought was fun, the 10th one was annoying, the 100th one gave me violent thoughts :compcry: and when I met the 1000th one I was ready to join Jae's asylum :nutz3:
 Wedge Suron
05-15-2008, 6:11 PM
- Jae has an asylum? Note: As I keep saying, I use this to post off topic things. please do the same back -

Darth Sion. TSL.

DIE DIE DIE!!! :compcry: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 Jae Onasi
05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Uh, no, please don't post off-topic things....

Some of the worst were in VtMB--the werewolf as stoffe mentioned, but I hated those nasty tzimisce flesh creatures in the Warrens. I'm going to use noclip through that level because I can't stand looking at those things.

THE Worst Video Game enemies: Anything that died trying to fight the Smurfs, because they didn't take enough of the obnoxious blue blobs with them.
 Da_man
05-16-2008, 1:21 AM
^ I had no idea there was a smurfs video game.

After FINALLY getting Halo 3, the worst enemies are those damn sniper jackals in the first level. Can't finds those damn aliens.
 Corinthian
05-16-2008, 3:26 AM
Ugh. Speaking of VTMB, the Ghost in the Hotel. Playing "The Shining: Aftermath" might have been more disturbing if it wasn't for the fact that I was already a horrifying undead monster who kills a dozen people before breakfast and then kills another dozen FOR breakfast. He's not even hard, he's just annoying.

Also, you're right about the bloody Tzimisce creatures - for the most part, they're not difficult, it just takes forever.

Golems in Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. They damage your weapon every time you hit them, unless you've got a ranged weapon or use combat spells, and given that I usually play a Swordsman who uses buff spells to augment my powers, it really shafts you, especially early on when you're not overflowing with powerful magic blades.
 ForeverNight
05-23-2008, 4:46 PM
The Black monster things in Half-Life... No idea what they were called, I just called them Myrmidons... I hate those so much... but the fast things with assault pistols later in the game were also very, very, very annoying... I think I used up all my mines in that area... and 9mm ammo... and mp5 ammo... and grenades... and my RPG..... you get the idea.

Then, there's the Nazi soldiers from my uncle's copy of CoD... I don't know why but something happened to the game where I'll find a Nazi that just won't die! and he'll run up and hit me, and hit me, and hit me, and kill me with his rifle... I don't know what happened to the install... I sure wasn't playing around with it, but something happened!
 GeneralPloKoon
05-24-2008, 1:17 AM
The Tigrens off of Far Cry were pretty dumb enemies.
 Soogz
05-25-2008, 10:03 PM
The select members from Organization 13 from Kingdom Hearts II. Some of those guys were a pain to fight in your first run through. If you had no idea what to do it was almost impossible to get past them.
 Ctrl Alt Del
05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
The select members from Organization 13 from Kingdom Hearts II. Some of those guys were a pain to fight in your first run through. If you had no idea what to do it was almost impossible to get past them.

The Garden of Assemblage dudes were initially hard, but nowhere as difficult as Terra.
 Corinthian
05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
The King of Shadows in NWN2. And by extension, any boss that requires me to get on Gamefaqs to figure out how to kill him.
 Lance Monance
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I found Motb's boss rather difficult as well even though the rest of the game was easy with my character.
 Point Man
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I gotta go with the cliff racers from Morrowind, too.

Bethesda Developer 1: How can we piss off everyone who plays this game?

Bethesda Developer 2: Why don't we make a creature that attacks from the air, where the player can't see it?

BD 1: Great idea! But let's make it happen every time they climb a hill in the game.
Page: 3 of 3