Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worst Video Game enemies.

Page: 2 of 3
 Bee Hoon
02-29-2008, 9:20 AM
The Selkath communication was so difficult for humans to learn due to its large difference to galactic Basic. What was wrong with the gurgling?
If you have to ask, I don't think my explaining it will help much:/

Malboros in Final Fantasy. I don't remember if I've ever fought one of those without running away like a total wuss... maybe in FF VII when I actually managed to get my hands on a Ribbon or two, or FF X where I had leveled up quite a bit. Still, hideous creatures.
'tis true. I'd forgotten about those, but they always annoyed the heck out of me whenever I play FF.
 Lance Monance
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Kangaxx in BG2, the first time I encountered him...being able to kill your main character with one spell, and using that spell all the time while being resistent against anything and everything is somewhat annoying.

Vampires in BG2. Making you lose levels when they hit you is just lame.

Prince of Persia 3: the bossfight vs the axe guy and the sword guy.
You can't save before the fight, no, if you fail to defeat them and want to continue playing some other time, you will have to do a stupid race again.
You can't skip a boring lame cutscene leading to the fight. (Gets annoying if you happen to fail 6+times.
And the fight itself was rather difficult too.

Dragons in BG2. Are the FPS supposed to go down to like 13 on my brand new PC?

Hunters in Episode 2: How the hell am I supposed to attach the magnusson devices if they keep shooting them out of my hands?
 Corinthian
02-29-2008, 12:22 PM
That, my lad, is why Undead Hunters are really good. Immunity to Level Drain is the pimp when you're fighting Vampires. Besides, by the time you do the do with Vamps, you should have a Cleric with Lesser Restoration anyway.

And if you think Kangaxx was bad, try Demogorgon.
 Marius Fett
02-29-2008, 3:48 PM
Hated them, too.
Lifts you up in the air so the others could shoot you.
Dont forget the blast bots.

I don't mind the Death Bots...

Just get the Vulcan Barrel out and their toast... :lol:
 HerbieZ
02-29-2008, 6:14 PM
Skeletons in Oblivion. The creaking, then the running towards you. Specially the ones with axes. FREAKIN AXES! Then you kill them and they disintegrate into boney parts. Dear god in heaven.
 Pho3nix
02-29-2008, 6:19 PM
The "brown monsters" (as I used to call them as a kid) aka. the Imps from Doom.

Man I hated the sound of their fireballs when they launched them.
 Emperor Devon
02-29-2008, 7:22 PM
Kangaxx in BG2, the first time I encountered him...being able to kill your main character with one spell, and using that spell all the time while being resistent against anything and everything is somewhat annoying.

Spell Immunity: Abjuration changes that some. Apparently it's the only spell he has, so he'll resort to head-butting when he sees you're immune to it. (Needless to say, the fight is a complete cakewalk then.)

Quoted for emphasis... especially if you have the Ascension mod installed. He's all but impossible then (even without his immunity to Time Stop).
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-29-2008, 7:46 PM
Malboros in Final Fantasy. I don't remember if I've ever fought one of those without running away like a total wuss... maybe in FF VII when I actually managed to get my hands on a Ribbon or two, or FF X where I had leveled up quite a bit. Still, hideous creatures.

Ugh. Don't mention it. Bad Breath still gives me the creeps. I remember when I had to bribe Great Marlboros for 1,280,000,000 Gil, to get eight Wings to Discovery. Or bribe them for 540,000 Gil and get four Wings. Thirty of those items would allow me to use the "Break HP Limit" Spell and finally reach max health higher than those damned 9,999 HP.:rolleyes:

Plus, those guys remember me of cigarettes.
 patient_zero
03-01-2008, 5:01 AM
Lillies from Phantasy Star Online. If you're playing as a short Hunter they're such a pain because most of your attacks will fly under their collision box. And at low levels for non-droids, the constant poisoning may also prove to be a bit of a pain.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Yu Yevon in Final Fantasy X.
You can't die - you'll just be resurrected. Kinda lame.

I agree with headcrabs and cliff racers.

Oh, and another one: Jinpachi from Tekken 5. He's so overpowered, the big cheater! So frustrating with his unblockable attacks.
 Inyri
03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
You can't die - you'll just be resurrected. Kinda lame.Well he's not really the final boss. He's more of a "we have to resolve the plot, so here's a fake enemy to wrap the story up" :p.

Or you could say the devs thought having you fight two final bosses, then immediately like a dozen summons and another boss was mean... ;)
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-02-2008, 4:06 PM
You can't die - you'll just be resurrected. Kinda lame.
Well, it gets more difficult if you have all the optional summons. Okay, it doesn't. But you can always break a sweat on the Monster Arena.
 RedHawke
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Bah! The CyberDemon in Doom was quite a pain in the backside! :xp:

I still fear that roar! :lol:
 Darth InSidious
03-04-2008, 12:48 AM
^The requests for quotes from the manual were worse. Or was that Doom II? :xp:
 Q
03-04-2008, 1:53 AM
Ah, ToB and its ass-kicking bosses. IIRC, Melissan was rather tough as well. That game really requires strategy, on top of spamming the Wish spell. ;)
 hellhawk
03-08-2008, 9:46 PM
ok--- some games uve never heard of...

Heroes of might and magic quest for the dragon bone staff: the ghosts!!!!!!! GOD I HAD AN ARMY OF LIKE 500 PEASENTS AND THENB HE DESTRYOED MY ARMY WITH HIS 500 GHOSTS I WAS SOOO MAD I HADDA RESTART THE GAME!!! also not as bad but still... the giants slaUGTERED MY ENTIRE ARMY WITHOUT HELP--- ONLY 2 IT WAS AMAZING

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE eps 1 n 2: the canadines!!!! they always paralze me!!
 Ferc Kast
03-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I say that Darth Nihilus is/was the worst video game enemy ever, since you can't fight him until the end; However, he is very weak. After all the talk of how he wiped out the planet of Katarr, he can't manage to stay alive long during the Battle of Telos.
 Bee Hoon
03-09-2008, 1:27 AM
@hellhawk, the peasants may be the strongest basic unit, but they are still just that... A basic unit:/ Cannon fodder for the more powerful monsters.
 Da_man
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I say that Darth Nihilus is/was the worst video game enemy ever, since you can't fight him until the end; However, he is very weak. After all the talk of how he wiped out the planet of Katarr, he can't manage to stay alive long during the Battle of Telos.

In the game, it was said he was lured to telos so he was weak, since he hadn't fed (off the force) for a while. So he was, by design, supposed to be weak.

I still think he sucked though.

I also hate the tanks in CoD 1-3.m Who is the idiot that thought of firing the main cannon of a tank at one infantry man out of 30? :D
 DeadYorick
03-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Ferc maybe this is a good idea for a mod. Make Nihilus insanely hard to defeat
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Ferc maybe this is a good idea for a mod. Make Nihilus insanely hard to defeat
There's already one.
 TKA-001
03-10-2008, 1:51 PM
The staff saber-wielding Reborn Masters from JKA. Those mother****ers can counter almost any attack you throw at them. Force powers are ineffective, guns are useless, and in melee combat he can kill you in seconds.
 JoeDoe 2.0
03-10-2008, 3:41 PM
Super-Saren - Mass Effect.

Put your hands down.

I expected more from Saren, as he is referred as a 'Living Legend'. His continuous frog like jumping attacks annoyed the hell out of me.
 HerbieZ
03-10-2008, 5:45 PM
I thoguht the Saren battle was great. The greatest one was when Wrex decided to disappear leaving only me and Garrus to kill Saren and it took freakin ages. Was one hell of a lot of fun though.
 Q
03-10-2008, 9:18 PM
The staff saber-wielding Reborn Masters from JKA. Those mother****ers can counter almost any attack you throw at them. Force powers are ineffective, guns are useless, and in melee combat he can kill you in seconds.
They actually made JA worth playing...

Barely. ;)
 Corinthian
03-10-2008, 9:40 PM
Yeah, JA was closer to being an expansion pack than a genuinely new game.

Sion. He wasn't particularly difficult, but he was an incredible bane of verisimilitude at that last fight. I hit him FIFTY TIMES with a lightsaber and I have to Dun Moch or Love him to death? What the hell is this, Days of Our Lives?
 Rabish Bini
03-20-2008, 4:02 AM
I agree with Corinthian about Mecha-Hitler and Sion. But the worst for me are the Imps, Bats and Firebats from Warlords Battlecry II
 Q
03-20-2008, 9:58 AM
^^^
Speaking of firebats, that reminds me of those damned flaming bats in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Talk about a pain in the butt!
 Inyri
03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I've changed my mind. Worst enemy evar: those things in Altered Beast that suck on your head.

Piccy (http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/964178711-00.gif)
 mimartin
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I thoguht the Saren battle was great. The greatest one was when Wrex decided to disappear leaving only me and Garrus to kill Saren and it took freakin ages. Was one hell of a lot of fun though.It is because your chose of companions was weak. I guess this only proves no matter his talk, Wrex is a sniveling coward when it comes to a real battle. :D Now with Tali and Liara or Ashely you can take Saren out without a problem.

I found the Benezia battle more difficult, at least until I figured out the secret. After that it is way too easy.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-22-2008, 12:56 AM
I found another bad enemy: Yami, the final boss in Okami. That guy was hard! He has five different forms, so you basically have to kill him five times in a row. It took 2 hours to beat him - just one guy! He made me like Okami even less.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-22-2008, 8:12 AM
If it's about time, Serpentine, that's child's play compared to FFXII Yazmat dude. That dragon was about the half size of the Colosseum he was in and he had 52 HP. 52 million HP.

It took me 5:30 hours, IIRC, for me to beat it....
 The Betrayer
03-22-2008, 8:54 AM
Last time you fight Fou-Lu (Foul-u :P) in BOF4.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-22-2008, 9:36 AM
Last time you fight Fou-Lu (Foul-u :P) in BOF4.
Wait, you do fight him only once, IIRC.
 Serpentine Cougar
03-26-2008, 12:40 AM
If it's about time, Serpentine, that's child's play compared to FFXII Yazmat dude. That dragon was about the half size of the Colosseum he was in and he had 52 HP. 52 million HP.

It took me 5:30 hours, IIRC, for me to beat it....
*jaw drops to the floor* Wow.... Yeah maybe two hours isn't so bad - it was just kinda late when I was playing and I was tired, and tired of the game, and wanted to go to bed. It all added up to me thinking, "I hate this boss!"

Now I'm a little scared to play FFXII....
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-26-2008, 8:09 PM
Now I'm a little scared to play FFXII....
Oh, don't be. :D

He's optional anyway, and I'm sure there are better strategies to be him quicker and cut the time by, let's estimate, one hour. :lol:
 Da_man
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Not sure it's really an enemy, but the "Little Rocket Man" achievement on Half-Life 2 Episode 2. What you have to do is drag a garden gnome through 95% of Episode 2. And anyone whose played Episode 2 knows how hard it is to get the ****ing gnome in the damn car without it falling out.
 The Betrayer
03-28-2008, 8:13 AM
Wait, you do fight him only once, IIRC.Nope. IIRC, you fight him thrice.
Also, the last boss in Sacrifice is frikkin' hard! He doesn't have an altar and he has uber creatures!
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-28-2008, 8:15 PM
Ah, maybe it was. It makes some good years since I last played BoF4.

Nowhere into the "hard" matter, but that shirtless freako that attack you multiple times (damn, I forgot his name) sure is persistent. He even becomes a master, later, IIRC.
 jonathan7
03-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I too didnt like the barnicles in halflife...

Facehuggers from AvP and AvP; kind of jump factor, but also cause those critters are hard to kill because theyre soo quick (i remember once I missed one three times with the pred auto targetting - it got me, ruined what had been upto then a perfect level on hard!) and damn good at hiding, I got got a number of times by surprise (generally as Predator, more immune as a marine due to the radar on your HUD).

The dogs moment in Resident Evil 1 (the original) did make little 12 year old me jump, abit pesky to kill too, tho the hunters were the worst for that.
 Da_man
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I too didnt like the barnicles in halflife...

I hated them since I first saw them in HL2. And they make gross sounds.

Nowhere into the "hard" matter, but that shirtless freako that attack you multiple times (damn, I forgot his name) sure is persistent. He even becomes a master, later, IIRC.

Sephiroth maybe? (I'm not sure if hes in that game.)
 Rabish Bini
03-29-2008, 4:20 AM
The facehugger-esque green-blob-with-one-mouth-things from Duke Nukem 3D
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-29-2008, 8:48 AM
Sephiroth maybe? (I'm not sure if hes in that game.)
No, lol. Sephy's from FF VII. I'm talking about Breath of Fire.
 Bee Hoon
03-29-2008, 9:35 AM
The King of Shadows from NWN2, for being so full of cheeze:/ Sephiroth was an extremely cool villain (with a freakish but still kewl final form). I was going nuts during the endgame sequence because he kept sending Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie to the brink of death:P
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-29-2008, 9:38 AM
Sephiroth was an extremely cool villain (with a freakish but still kewl final form). I was going nuts during the endgame sequence because he kept sending Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie to the brink of death:P
Though the Weapons were stronger, nothing beats fighting Shephy with the One Winged Angel theme playing. :animelol:
 Bee Hoon
03-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Though the Weapons were stronger, nothing beats fighting Shephy with the One Winged Angel theme playing.

Yeah! I loved that theme! It's so marvelously dramatic :p
 Da_man
03-29-2008, 3:40 PM
No, lol. Sephy's from FF VII. I'm talking about Breath of Fire.

Oh, I thought BoF was FF jargon, cuz i don't play Final Fantasy, all I know is that Sephiroth is a dude with a FREAKIN' awesome sword, and Leon has a gunblade. :xp:
 Bee Hoon
03-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Leon has a gunblade.Squall does:/
 Serpentine Cougar
03-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh, don't be. :D

He's optional anyway, and I'm sure there are better strategies to be him quicker and cut the time by, let's estimate, one hour. :lol:
Yeah, I knew he probably would be when you said "Colosseum." I wouldn't let it stop me from playing another Final Fantasy anway, lol!

Speaking of which, I think I remember the final boss in FFV to be rather difficult, too (don't remember it very well, though).
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-30-2008, 9:21 AM
Squall does:/
Leon = Squall.

Remember, his name is Squall Leonheart. And he's called Leon on Kingdom Hearts, because he couldn't save his world and didn't wanted to be remembered by it.
Page: 2 of 3