Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

who is the Apprentice?

Page: 1 of 2
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-01-2008, 7:15 PM
Many of us are wondering about the Apprentice's identity, and why LA chose to keep his name a secret. the thing that made me inquire about his origin, since he is too powerful, and his true name is yet to be revieled...

so, do you think that perhaps he is the son of an already known SW character? and if so, who would it be? any suggestions?!

Qui-Gon Jinn for ex :)
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-01-2008, 8:04 PM
Qui-Gon? Hmm, never thought of that... But I think this whole father/son thing is getting a little old on SW.
 Darth Moeller
02-01-2008, 9:18 PM
I know that one cheat code said his fathers clothes but like Ctrl said I think the father-son is too cliched in Star Wars to have him as the son of a popular character. But who knows, maybe he will have a last name we recognize.
 JoeDoe 2.0
02-01-2008, 9:24 PM
Maybe its Yoda's unwanted child :xp:
 Rev7
02-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Probably some guy that we have never heard of. Just a guess...
 JoeDoe 2.0
02-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Although this vid doesn't show u who he really is, it shows how he thinks and how he has been raised: Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYB_pv4KqyU)
 Ztalker
02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Well...apparently he has a huge midi chlorian count (hate those things, but it's fact) and that's the reason Vader took him as an apprentice.
But no comes the clue. Vader isn't that 'old' in his battered stae (see the thread). So.....the apprentice must have been around when there were still Jedi.
Now the question remains: Did the Jedi find him to start the training? Or did the same happen as with Annakin; that Vader found him first and kept him hidden? :)

But then there's the quote from the 'Force wrecking ball' video. "Vader has been torturing this kid from a young age."
So....his father or mother is (I suppose) strong in the Force, Vader found him at a young age and trained him, and his father is sort of..familiar since he can use his dad's costume. :)

I can't wait for this game...o wait. I won't play it...
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
well, one of my friends told me that he read an "old" production diary inwhich they say that "the force ghost of Qui-Gon Jinn" appears to the Apprentice somewhere in the game to provide some guidance through the game...makes a ring?
 Pho3nix
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Probably just a 'random' guy.

Many of us are wondering about the Apprentice's identity, and why LA chose to keep his name a secret.
"Haden Blackman, writer of The Force Unleashed, has said that he has a name, but that they cannot release it yet." (taken from Wookieepedia) so we'll just have to wait and see.
 adamqd
02-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Sam Whitwer who plays the Secret Apprentice, said in an interview that,"He has the potential of Yoda or the Emperor", "he's a photo negative of Luke Skywalker".

That doesn't tell us much I know, but he may be part of a Strong Force Family.

Son of Dooku, Obi-Wan, Dark Women, tholme....
 Jamps
02-02-2008, 8:33 PM
Luke's half-brother anyone? You never know.....
 Serpentine
02-02-2008, 10:59 PM
That would probably be best; for originality's sake (or at least for the sake of not being overly-cliche).

If he's Vader's other son, I guess there will probably be mixed reactions by the fans. It could be the coolest thing ever, but it could also seem really contrived, lame, unoriginal, and stupid. I reserve judgement, however, until I get to see and play the game for myself. I can't wait!
 RobQel-Droma
02-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I could see him being related to someone famous, but.... I'm more leaning toward some random guy.

Although, if he turns out to be Vader's "other son", I think I would chuck my Star Wars DVDs into the closest Mount Doom.
 Rev7
02-03-2008, 1:22 AM
Yeah, if The Secret Apprentice was Vader's other so it would contridict soooo much. I am heavily think that The Secret Apprentice is not Vader's other son.
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-03-2008, 5:26 PM
I truly hope so...

Unless he's son to the cousin of the mother from her uncle of the nephew that was a roommate to Qui-Gon neighbor.
 Rev7
02-03-2008, 6:33 PM
You never know.... :p
 BurningZero
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Obi-wans' Son it is.
 PoiuyWired
02-05-2008, 1:03 PM
I still think Jade's Mom/Dad would be a cool idea.
 Iron Rose
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
'Tis the son of Darth Maul. How else could he be so bad ***?
Bad jokes aside, I really hope he is just a new character with no blood connections to other known characters.
 RakataDark
02-10-2008, 6:13 PM
I hope its a completely new character. Since Lucasarts has created new characters in the past just for video games and then they get so popular they need their own series (Kyle Katarn anyone?)
 DAWUSS
02-10-2008, 8:34 PM
Revan and Bastila's great-great-great-great-great-great-great.... ....great-great-grandson
 Miltiades
02-11-2008, 9:19 AM
I hope it's a new character. Maybe the Secret Apprentice's just called Sam Witwer... nah. :) If it has a connection to another SW character, then I'm guessing the child/relative of some Jedi, not necessarily a major character.
 RakataDark
02-14-2008, 6:41 PM
I just thought of something. Maybe the apprentice is Luke's half brother. Vader might have impregnated someone after the whole Padme' ordeal and forgot about it
 Iron Rose
02-14-2008, 8:04 PM
Who'd want to have a child with a giant half-robot guy who take pleasure in choking people?
 Miltiades
02-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Who'd want to have a child with a giant half-robot guy who take pleasure in choking people?
It's a large Galaxy...
 PoiuyWired
02-15-2008, 6:44 PM
Depends on how many kegs of beer you drink... After a few gallons of Vodka anything can happen... Yes, even that jawa looks like Miss Galaxy.

Oh the Apprentice;s name is Sirron Kcu'hc.
 Miltiades
02-15-2008, 6:54 PM
Depends on how many kegs of beer you drink... After a few gallons of Vodka anything can happen... Yes, even that jawa looks like Miss Galaxy.
And really, you have to admit Vader has that sexy voice... :)
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-16-2008, 8:12 AM
And really, you have to admit Vader has that sexy voice...

Especially on German (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=U3MA-4n0XZM) :xp:
 Rev7
02-16-2008, 1:27 PM
:lol:
Oh the Apprentice;s name is Sirron Kcu'hc.
Oh really, how is that. Care to explain a little bit more?
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-16-2008, 2:08 PM
Oh really, how is that. Care to explain a little bit more?
Put that name on front of a mirror. You'll see

DON'TCHA READ!
Chuck Norris
 adamqd
02-16-2008, 2:48 PM
Lol!! no one can beat Sirron Kcu'hc, not even my Dad! :D
 Rev7
02-16-2008, 9:47 PM
Thank you Ctrl. I would have never guessed.
 Miltiades
02-17-2008, 6:55 AM
Put that name on front of a mirror. You'll see

DON'TCHA READ!
Chuck Norris
:lol: Nice one.
 Ztalker
02-18-2008, 8:41 AM
Dang! My old joke is re-used!! :D (Although I can't find where I used it before. I could have sworn...)

Anyways, since TFU is the 'Expanded Universe' project of the year, maybe it has some tie-ins with the upcoming Clone Wars series? Maybe some connections with the things we will see in the animated series?
It could very well be we discover the Apprentice past like the Kotor comics explained Revan's past. :)
 Miltiades
02-18-2008, 1:07 PM
Anyways, since TFU is the 'Expanded Universe' project of the year, maybe it has some tie-ins with the upcoming Clone Wars series?
I'd think it'd be make more sense if it'd tie in with the upcoming Live-Action TV Series.
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-18-2008, 4:52 PM
Anyways, since TFU is the 'Expanded Universe' project of the year, maybe it has some tie-ins with the upcoming Clone Wars series?I'd think it'd be make more sense if it'd tie in with the upcoming Live-Action TV Series.
Well, I don't see why can't both be involved: The Apprentice's past will be the connection with the Clone Wars (I'm such a fan of flashbacks). The Apprentice's present, and the period you're playing, will be related to the Tv series.
 Miltiades
02-18-2008, 6:31 PM
I can't see the SA having a role, any role in the Clone Wars. He wasn't Jedi nor Sith in the Clone Wars, nor was he a soldier in the Republic Army or CIS Army (or it would've been on some backwater planet). But, I guess everything is possible.
 Serpentine
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Do we even know how old the Secret Apprentice is? Who knows, he might not be too much older than Luke, ya know. In which case it would be very improbable that he was involved very much in the Clone Wars. Though I guess his parents may have been...
 Ztalker
02-19-2008, 4:10 AM
Please guys, basic math:

We have SEEN Vaders face. We KNOW the game takes place between 19 bby and 1 bby (bby being 'before battle of Yavin' )
Since Vader doesn't look old, there are still Jedi around (Maris Brood, Kotha, Shak Tii) we know it isn't that far into this time periode.
Furthermore, Luke was 19 years old in 0 bby, the time of the Episode 4 movie. :)

a) Apprentice looks OLDER then a 19 year old Luke
b) Game takes place BEFORE Luke is 19, in any case YEARS before the movies

Conclusion: Let's put the game in 10 bby, 10 years before Episode 4. It makes the apprentice an (to round it down) 20 year old guy, who could *at MOST* have been trained from 19 bby, the year Vader become the feared guy we know today. So, even with such a young 'guesses' age, he was 10 years old when he was found.

How can he the NOT be a padawan of the Old Republic Jedi?
Again, this 'guess' goes with the thought he's twenty in the game. For every year older, another year of Clone Wars for him to fight in.
 Miltiades
02-19-2008, 7:02 AM
I didn't know looks counted as math. It's not because he LOOKS older that he IS. Anyway, if you place the game in 10BBY, and he is 20 years old in 10BBY, then he must've been 11 at the time of the Great Jedi Purge. Fighting in the Clone Wars?! I don't think so. Further more, if he was a Jedi trained by a Jedi Knight, then surely his training couldn't have been so complete (him being only 11 years old when his master probably died or went into hiding) he'd only need one year training with Vader.
 Ztalker
02-19-2008, 8:49 AM
Sorry, but couldn't find another wordt for 'math' since I'm not a native speaker of English.

First of, let me post some facts:
13 year old COMMANDER in the Clone Wars:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Whie_Malreaux)

Also, Obi-Wan:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan)
Was 25 years old when he became a knight and quited beiing a Padawan

Luke only had less then 1 year of training when facing Vader (since TESB is set in 3 aby http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Empire_Strikes_Back)
And Return of the Jedi in 4 aby http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_VI:_Return_of_the_Jedi)

So...
1) 11 years old was the LOWEST age guess. Since Sam Witwer (the actor protraying him) is 31, I suppose the studio go for a 25-year old. This could possibly make him 15 in the Clone Wars. Even IF TFU takes place in 10 bby. Who knows? Maybe it's even earlier.
I have no reason to believe he can't absolutely be a Jedi youngling or even a padawan at the Clone Wars timeline.
2) A Jedi can become powerfull in a short time (which, obviously Revan, Annakin and Luke proof)

Again, sorry about my last post, should have supported it with facts.

PS:Can't get the url tags to work. It's url=*the url*click right? (without all the spaces in between)
 Miltiades
02-19-2008, 9:50 AM
Apart from the fact that I think a 13 year old Commander in a war like the Clone Wars is plane stupid, I think this is one of the exceptions. I also think that by the time Vader has trained the SA, the SA is considered to be FULLY trained, which can't be said of Luke.

Revan isn't proof of quickly becoming powerful, as he was already trained from when he was kid, and those few weeks of training after his identity had been stripped away from him are no indication. Anakin began his training at the age of 10-11. I the case of Luke, he was already powerful, yes, but in many ways, he still wasn't ready to be a fully Jedi Knight. His stories after the Battle of Endor indicate that.

But hell, it's Star Wars, everything is possible. You may well be right, we'll see. :)
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-20-2008, 6:23 PM
Well, perhaps he didn't fought because he wanted, but because he had to. An invading CIS army attacking his remote homeworld, for instance. The desperate population arm themselves and everyone that can carry a weapon, the SA included.

Or perhaps he didn't fought it, but saw it happening to near. Enough to chew the blood stink.

That's two of the many possible scenarios. What we do know is that he lived on the peak of the Clone Wars at a young age.
 PoiuyWired
02-21-2008, 1:26 PM
Actor Age is not really a prove, look at Ep1 Padme.

Well, being young is not an excuse for being not skilled in the battle arts, "In the XXX XXXXXX of the XXX XXXXXXXXX There Is Only War"... Kids can get involved in the battlefield at a really young age. Obviously this might be true for warring tribes and families of traveling mercs and what not, but even more so in warring/invaded terratory. Its also a sad but true fact RL where even real young kids are running around with AKs willingly or not.

Plus, with cloning and what not available... the Clones are just a few years old.

I was always thinking about the chance of him being a garbage thrown away to the eternal damnation of AgriCorps by the jedi order. But since it is said that he has no jedi type training this is probably not true.
 Ztalker
03-27-2008, 2:41 PM
Little breakthrough here!

Some new info has been leaked by an early Graphic Novel preview, which you can find here:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=130223&tstart=0)

His mother died defending Kashyyk and his father is killed by Vader, after which Vader finds the boy and trains him.
According to the people who have read the whol preview, the SA is the son of two Jedi. His mother died defending the wookies, his father was killed by Darth Vader. Afterwards, Vader finds the boy and decides to train him.

This IS supported by more information, since we know the first level of the game has the player playing Vader on the afformentioned planet. Also, a cheatcode with the action figures says, if you type 'Wookie' in the game, you'll unlock the Apprentice's fathers costume. :)

Now...what Jedi are known to be alive on Kashyyk in this time? The one I can think of right now is Quinlan Vos. But his wife isn't a Jedi...

(also, the Wookiepedia
 PoiuyWired
03-27-2008, 6:37 PM
Well, technically Tholme and girlfriend is on the planet, and they are both jedis. But their species are too different to breed.
 Darth Vendettan
03-27-2008, 8:20 PM
Possible Major Spoilers!

THIS COULD RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANGER LIES AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

THUNDERCATS HOOO!!!!!!!!!!

COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you get the point....

-------------------------------------------------------------

1) The Emperor knows NOTHING of the Secret Apprentice 2) He is the son of a fallen Jedi 3) He is EXTREMELY powerful, much more than anyone we have seen thus far.... These are some of the core "statements" made about the Secret Apprentice on the Force Unleashed offical website. He is also around 20 or so judging by his apperance, very tan, brown eyes, and black hair. In the picture below you will see why I believe I am correct.

I believe the Secret Apprentice is Korto Vos- Son of once fallen -!BUT!- redeemed jedi master Quinlan Vos. The reasons are obvious from the eye/hair/skin color, saber combat style, the armor which he wears looks much like Quinlan Vos' armor, and the place he was at the time would place him in the right area for Vader to grab him up (Kashyyyk).

This would put Korto Vos as the son of a fallen jedi (redeemed or not), right age (was born 18 BBY) [BBY means Before the Battle of Yavin which took place in Episode four "A New Hope"] which would make him around 17-18 years old, right place (Kashyyyk), and because of his genetic "gifts" he is able to do more with the force than a human force sensitive ever could. "Vos was gifted with psychometric powers which allowed him to "read memories" from inanimate objects through physical contact." With these genetic "power boosts", its no shock that Vader would hand pick him to train. Also- since the Emperor isn't suppose to know he exists it makes since that he would be part of this story as his father was thought to be killed earlier, and since Jedi are not supposed to have kids the Emperor may have missed it. Whats that? The Emperor wouldn't make such a mistake? Wouldn't let them survive you say??? LUKE AND LEIA!!! Period- end of discussion.

The only hole I can find in this is that Korto had a yellow tattoo same as his father... - While it could have been hidden or removed, I think this is the best match. It should also be mentioned that in that comic "Star Wars Republic", he was originally going to be killed off on Kashyyyk, however George Lucas stepped in and said that he wanted him from something "special" at a later date, do not kill him off. Let me know what you guys think!

*This was originally posted on Wookiepedia but was deleted no less than 1 minute after being posted- by the site administrators no less.... What makes me mad is that there are many many threads about who he may be, who the father is, and age- however mine is the one that gets tossed out.*

*New information- I read the comic again and in the pictures I see Q. Vos applying the "tattoo" and I believe this is more of a "marking" than a tattoo as it is not applied with a needle meaning that this could just be wiped off...*

Something else- Appartently in the prologue of this game you play as Darth Vader on Kashyyyk searching for a Jedi. My idea is that maybe he finds Jedi Master Vos and his Wife... and kills the mother, possibly wounding Vos so badly Vader thinks he is dead and about that time he sees the boy approaching. Quickly Vader understands that another Jedi has a child. Vader wants an apprentice..... 1+1= 2.... So Vader puts on this mask of "I just found them like this, if you join me you could train under me and then with the power of the dark side, hunt down your parents killers"... the child accepts- Vader takes the boy, raises him, trains him (much like Darth Sidious did with the child... Darth Maul). I also *THINK* that towards the end of this game that Korto Vos learns of his parents murder and leaves Vaders side- and searches for his father who is rumored to be alive.

I could very well be wrong- if I am, I get a new ending and story than I though, and I win. If im right, ill feel good about nailing the story and I win. Either way... I win.
 Jvstice
03-27-2008, 8:47 PM
Vos's child does have a certain appeal to it too. What I think is more likely....

1) The Emperor knows NOTHING of the Secret Apprentice 2) He is the son of a fallen Jedi 3) He is EXTREMELY powerful, much more than anyone we have seen thus far.... These are some of the core "statements" made about the Secret Apprentice on the Force Unleashed offical website. He is also around 20 or so judging by his apperance, very tan, brown eyes, and black hair. In the picture below you will see why I believe I am correct.

He doesn't have to be that old. He could be the son of Etain from the Republic Commando books. He'd be one of the son's of one of Delta Squad, so would bear a strong resemblance to Jango Fett. He'd have high midichlorians as the child of a fallen jedi (which she is fallen, but as of the 3rd book still fighting on the side of the republic, but definitely not yet a sith either).

As far as aparent age, his father had a gene to make him age faster, and Etain force grew him in the womb faster in order to hide her preganancy from the Jedi Order. Since clones grow at 2x - 4x the normal rate, he could be about 10 years or even a little less.
 Darth Moeller
03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
In the future please wrap your posts in [spoiler] tags when you post spoilers.
 adamqd
03-28-2008, 4:07 AM
Korto was born in 18 BBY, that would mean he'd be 20 a year after A new Hope which cant be right as this is set "Between" the trilogies. I'm guessing his parents are yet unknown, as the most documented Jedi on Kashyyyk are Luminara Unduli, Yoda and Quin' Vos, and two of those are green, there was an Asian looking Jedi hiding there though called Kai Justiss http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kai_Justiss)
Page: 1 of 2