Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Page: 5 of 5
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Eli doesn't have a chance. Patriots win by 21 in the Super Bowl.

That's my prediction. Unless Eli is blessed by Lombardi and sells his soul.
 edlib
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Ugh. Kind of a lousy night...

Played some Halo 2 (made some progress...) and Mass Effect (no progress at all: found myself painted into a corner in an unwinnable battle, so I had to go back to the previous store point... which was basically exactly where I started tonight. Losing at least 2 hours of work, and all the XP and supplies I had gained after that point.)

Got some laundry done, though... but when that's the highlight of the day, things are bleak indeed.

*Sigh*

I have tomorrow off too. Have to try to make something of this weekend before it's gone.
 Rogue15
01-21-2008, 2:19 AM
played oblivion for a little bit, then switched over to call of duty 4 for some ground war multiplayer action. (8 vs 8 is freaking insane!) after that i switched over to hardcore, which i like the most, as it doesn't take a million shots in the head to kill the enemy.

happy martin luther king jr day everyone!
 Ikhnaton
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
this is one super bowl that i may skip entirely. or maybe just tune in for the commercials.
 Ray Jones
01-21-2008, 2:10 PM
As of now Jones jr., brave protector of Niner's wallet, officially grows his first two teeth. :)
 edlib
01-21-2008, 3:15 PM
Fangs, I take it?

:joy:
 Ray Jones
01-21-2008, 3:19 PM
Why, yes, of course! No really. :D
 edlib
01-21-2008, 5:44 PM
Hmmm... mom must be happy with that. :dozey: "Supper time! ... OW!"

;)
 Rogue15
01-21-2008, 6:46 PM
Started off the morning with CoD4, trying to beat this one mission..it's freakin hard where it checkpointed me, it has me reload my sniper rifle every single time i respawn...so i restarted it all over. got through it fast, but stuck on another area, but this time i'm checkpointed at a decent spot where i can just hide in a corner and wait out the chopper...only prob is, i have to wait about 5 minutes for it to land, then i have to fight my way through....damn grenades get me every time, but this time i've got the RPD instead of the lousy pistol, so it's much more tolerable respawning.

went out bowling today. first game sucked, got like an 88. second game i improved alot...137. :) just got back from a restaurant, i had a pork bbq wrap. i'm so full now..

My sister asked me last night what i wanted for my birthday, so i was like 'hmm...get me gears of war' so i'm not sure if she got me that or not. we'll see in an hour or so. not that i really care if she gets it for me or not...Turok is out in 2 weeks anyway! if i do get it...that's just one more FPS for me to play online. the more the merrier. :)
 edlib
01-21-2008, 6:54 PM
Gears of War will probably be my next game purchase too.

Everybody raves about the online co-op mode. That's what sold me. I had such a blast working through Halo with help, that I'm looking for any other game that gives that option.
 Rogue15
01-21-2008, 7:03 PM
Gears of War will probably be my next game purchase too.

Everybody raves about the online co-op mode. That's what sold me. I had such a blast working through Halo with help, that I'm looking for any other game that gives that option.

yeah, sad shadow also plays it. the co-op mode sounds good. Turok is also gonna have co-op. :D
 K_Kinnison
01-21-2008, 7:36 PM
I am in denial about the packers loss. If anything it was the coaches fault in the 4th quarter. Let me get this... you are on your own 10 twice, and you do 6 straight Pass plays all for incompletions. The giants rush 4 and drop back 7 into zone/man coverage. YOu try a couple of screen plays and ONE person cannot be blocked and blows up the play?

What ever happened to doing draw plays? and dumping it off to a non-blocking tight end or back?

I think this is one superbowl I might not watch. I will get really tired of the Announcers giving verbal fellatio to Tom Brady and Beliceck for 3+ hours.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-21-2008, 9:28 PM
I'm going to watch it. I mean, if the Patriots lose, as a Dolphins fan, I will be exceedingly happy that Miami would still be the only team to win it all flawlessly. Because if they don't win, they have to try to do it.

Again.

Good luck, suckers, you cheating b&@#*$%s.

That, and watching both Mannings win a Super Bowl back to back to eachother would make for interesting family get togeathers. ;)
 edlib
01-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Kind of a blah, nothing day... wrapping my dull weekend up on a somewhat sour note.

Got a few things done (finished laundry) but I sure didn't have a lot of fun today. Seemed like everything I touched went screwy, and every project I started went totally haywire.

Until it got to the point I just gave up all hope on trying to be productive, and just played some games. (Didn't do any good at them, either...)

Ah... another long weekend (and very probably my last for a long while, too...) squandered with little-to-nothing to show for it.

Yah-hoo.

(But that's just how things go in the world of ed sometimes...)
 Zargon
01-22-2008, 5:21 PM
I can't beleive I actually rooted for the giants, and it worked.

GB was alot closer than they should have been all game.

The giants handed them the game multiple times it was so sad
 Ikhnaton
01-22-2008, 5:40 PM
i've started playing GHIII online against some random people to test my l33t guitar skillz, and i'm wondering if there is some unspoken rule about the song "the metal" by Tenacious D. I've played about 5 games against random people, and at least 3 of those times the opponent chose The Metal.
 edlib
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
New P.A. was shipped to our hall today.

Couldn't resist breaking into the cardboard boxes and looking at (and playing with...) all the new toys.

New monitor wedges sound AMAZING! And get SCARY LOUD too! Yikes!

The rest of the P.A. components are equally as bitchin'... but those monitors are the proverbial ****!

Went after work with a co-worker from another department to look at the new space her church is setting up in, and make some recommendations about what they should do with sound gear and other tech equipment.

Hope I was some help.

The guys who were there working getting the place ready (incl. the pastor) were pretty cool. Somehow, I started talking XBox with the pastor, and he told me to friend him on Live, to do some Halo 3 head-to-head with him and his kids.

Heh... awesome!

Riggers are in tomorrow @ 9 to drop the old speakers and hang the new ones.

Off to bed. Don't want to miss out on that madness!

Rogue15
01-23-2008, 12:49 AM
work was boring today. i got to help out electronics though. oh and i had a weird camera return...camera was the same make, but not the same model...and the serial numbers didn't match the box. fun.

Got through Kvatch on Oblivion. Levelled up a bit on blade, acrobatics, and destruction. those daedroth are getting easier to kill...there's these annoying spiders that were giving me a hard time though....i'm a level 21...i probably levelled enough in my skills to bring me to level 25 or higher...but i refuse, at least til i NEED to level.

My sis didn't get me anything for my bday. o well. I'll just wait for GoW to drop to $30 to buy it. lol

tomorrow i workin 12-9.....thursday i'm off, so i'm going w/my mom into town cause her vehicle needs the turn signals checked.
 Keyan Farlander
01-23-2008, 9:24 AM
Went after work with a co-worker from another department to look at the new space her church is setting up in, and make some recommendations about what they should do with sound gear and other tech equipment.

You should come to my church and do that, because our sound system is the biggest piece of **** on earth...or even hell.
 Zargon
01-23-2008, 9:31 AM
my church just got a niceish new one, but they paid out the bum for it. One of the best sound places in town did it for them. Same place that was hired to redo the sound system at the U of I's Football Stadium.
 Kylilin
01-23-2008, 1:41 PM
What's up old guys, how is everyone?
 Wildstar
01-23-2008, 3:19 PM
Nice of you to delurk, Kylilin...bowling's been keeping me busy of late. Carrying a 164 average in practice & I'm aiming to rejoin a league in the summer. Also managed to lose about 40 lbs. in the last couple of years. And I put a karaoke demo up on my homepage (give me a PM if you want the URL of my homepage, as well as my new bowling blog). :D
 Zargon
01-23-2008, 4:23 PM
wow havent seen kyl around in a long time!
 Rogue15
01-23-2008, 4:32 PM
What's up old guys, how is everyone?

who are you?
 edlib
01-23-2008, 8:25 PM
Erk! Kylilin! :eek:

'Sup?

Old PA is down. New PA is hung.

Long day. Exhausted.

Morning was spent assembling 30 foot scaffolding right at the edge of the 30 foot balcony rail. Some truly intense existential moments when you got to the top of that thing and looked down at the yawning 60' drop beneath you, let me tell you.

Old PA was dusty enough to choke an earthworm.

Fun day.

Now: Eat. Sleep. Work more.
 K_Kinnison
01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
had an interesting day.

at work we currently have 4 buildings. Main, Citgo, Cinderblock, and Progress road. we are moving everything from the Citgo building to the progress rd building. And I was the one put in charge of loading the Outgoing trucks. 10 loads total, over 10 hours. Took me about 20 minutes to load each tailer and 20 minutes for the driver to go out, drop the loaded trailer and hook to the empty. While the driver was out I had to stage and orginize the next load.

Made an EASY extra $36 because of the overtime.

my birthday is coming up, to
 Rogue15
01-24-2008, 12:13 AM
my direct deposit setup apparently didn't work....it's after 12am and no deposit. bitches.
 edlib
01-24-2008, 6:43 AM
You should come to my church and do that, because our sound system is the biggest piece of **** on earth...or even hell.
Huh. Make us an offer on our old speaker system.

Seriously.

It's completely depreciated in the eyes of the college; so they have told us that ANYTHING we get for it is actually a capital gain.

Nobody else seems to want it.

My boss is actually talking about selling this church I went to the other night a couple of the PA boxes, all the power amps necessary to drive them, one of our old 24-channel Mackie mixers, and whatever random processing units we have lying around for whatever they offer us.

The biggest problem with the old speakers is that they are 5 feet tall, and weigh more than a Mini Cooper.

But they still kick ass. As long as you don't need to move them around, they are still an amazing speaker system.

It's just that our new ones are even better! But you cant have those. :D

A single old speaker cabinet...
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v164/6/8/591183460/n591183460_392737_5190.jpg)

Vs. the entire new PA:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v164/6/8/591183460/n591183460_392750_2859.jpg)
 Keyan Farlander
01-24-2008, 9:22 AM
You know, do we even really need sound systems in churches? I mean, we were doing fine for like 18 centuries before the discovery of electricity.

Anyway, I was playing some X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter last night, the Balance of Power mission where you are supposed to inspect the Imperial fleet and destroy the ships carrying warheads. It's a pretty long mission - I'd guess I was 15 or 20 minutes into it, had everything done, just had to inspect the last ship. So the last ship - the super star destroyer - jumps in, and...the game crashes. ****
 edlib
01-24-2008, 9:49 AM
Probably not... but since they do exist, they will continue to be installed.

More work for guys like me... ;)

It's also a bit difficult to do recorded music or video playback acoustically. :dozey:

But for regular oration, and worship music... maybe not.

Unless you are talking a mega church... like that one in Houston that meets in a indoor football stadium.

Then you probably have more sound system than the typical arena rock touring band.
 Keyan Farlander
01-24-2008, 9:53 AM
Recorded music or video playback in church = fail.
 Zargon
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
exactly.

I like hymns personally
 Ikhnaton
01-24-2008, 4:31 PM
recorded chant or something is good during times when confession is being offered, however.
 Rogue15
01-24-2008, 6:16 PM
live or die. you decide.

just watched Saw IV. it was pretty good!
 edlib
01-24-2008, 7:01 PM
The new PA sounds godly.

Reps from the company are coming tomorrow to tweak it out to perfection... but even with no EQ or processing on it right now, I could still live with it as is.

It's that good.

I'm in lurve!

Rogue15
01-24-2008, 7:32 PM
hope it makes your job more fun!

it's only 7:30pm! woot!

life rocks right now and im feeeeeeeeeeeeling good! got a 122 in bowling today, my 79 year old coworker was showing me some bowling moves, cause when he used to bowl, he used same pound bowling ball, so he showed me what he did, and it worked! no longer a ball lofter will i be! :joy:

Oblivion is so fun. Why am i not playing it? I'm wearing off the caffeine, otherwise everyone gets a sword spanking and horses get stolen....and the bartender calls the guard when i take a drink off the table without consulting him first then i have to pay the fine or fight my way out of town with the beer glass in my inventory as the whole legion is called to stop the beer-glass thief!!!! lol, it's a hellamore fun when a horse is involved.
 edlib
01-24-2008, 8:47 PM
Fun?

Well... easier, perhaps. That could actually translate into fun, under the right conditions, I suppose... if the bands are good, and actually cooperate.

I see it as replacing the old, worn out tools you use every day, for new, polished, sharp, and accurate ones.

Now I really shouldn't have to work as hard to get to the point that people want to be. I won't be fighting the wear and tear on my tool kit anymore to get the job done.

At least that's the hope...
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-24-2008, 9:54 PM
Work is meh. Slow and boring. I dislike slow and boring, because I try to find new and interesting ways to have fun.

They usually involve me doing silly things.

Hope I get on the Project Team so I can stop that. >.>
 Keyan Farlander
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Tried that Balance of Power mission again tonight, and thankfully I completed it with no crashes this time. Now...off to bed.
 edlib
01-25-2008, 2:38 AM
Congrats! :D

I think I remember that mission... and how long it took.

It's 2:30 am, and I'm awake for some unknowable reason.

Bleh.
 Keyan Farlander
01-25-2008, 9:15 AM
I was playing the Imperial campaign, actually, but I took a break and played the Rebel for a while, because I was stuck on the second to last mission. It's the one where you have to inspect all the rebel starships and destroy all the static defenses around the shipyard. I failed it a couple of times because I ran out of time, but it's so boring I can't bear to try again. Everything is so far apart that most of the mission you're just trying to get somewhere, and not actually fighting anything. I hate that. In TIE Fighter you could speed up time to 2x and 4x for occasions like this, but I guess they felt they needed to remove that useful feature for the sequel :confused:
 Zargon
01-25-2008, 9:34 AM
ugh.

last night sucked

a 2 year old bad deal with a landlord resurfaced, but now the other tennants are out of state or have dissappeared and I am the only one left around easily found.

bastard is trying to back out of the deal he agree'd to before and get $$ from me for it.

Basically he 'let' us out of a lease because the place sucked and was way out of code and he had people to move in. Less than a week after I left someone else lived there.

Now he's apparantly fixed up the house to code and wants 4 grand in rent from me! Even though he rented it back out like was agreed, and hes the one that offered the deal!
 Rogue15
01-25-2008, 9:56 AM
my landlords are being greedy with the heat. it's cold up here. I about froze to death in my sleep last night. I get tired of calling downstairs to get them to turn it up or on. they know it gets cold up here.

One thing i'm finding about in life is that everybody that I give a little trust to ends up letting me down. :rolleyes:

think i'll go check the mail and go get something to eat at dunkin donuts. bagel and coffee sound good. then i'll come back and play oblivion for a bit, then get ready for work.
 K_Kinnison
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
My thermostat is out of whack. I have to keep it slightly above off, int order to live in comfortable 72 degrees, if i turn it off the temp goes down to 60

THankfully I don't have to pay the heat

in other news... it's my birthday. I have just completed 33 trips around the sun on spaceship earth
 Rogue15
01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
happy birthday k! I just turned 24 on monday. 976 more to go.
 Zargon
01-25-2008, 3:31 PM
happy birthday K!

today was eventful.

drove by a few of the houses I have been looking at, most of them eliminated themselves w/o much effort on my part.

Also the one I kinda like made itself obvious that it should be talk downable because it needs work, work I dont mind doing, but it will cost $$$ and the price must come down.

I drove my dads car today cuz it had been sitting all week(he had shoulder surgery and can't drive anything plus its stick and it was his right shoulder).

It started making a nasty engine based noise so I had to drop it off at the dealer to get looked at :(

now I hope the rest of day can be as uneventful as possible
 Rogue15
01-25-2008, 5:44 PM
work is slow and boring today. only 10 rolls developed the whole 5 hours i was there...and the lab was open 2 hours before that. makes me wanna not go back in...but i do need the money for my bills. :)

Going bowling later, then coming home maybe play some Oblivion then go to sleep. wake up early and go to work...freakin 9-6 is gonna be so tiring. need to get my W2 before i leave work tonight.
 Kuuki
01-25-2008, 8:40 PM
9 to 6? 8 hours with an hour lunch break. i wish i had that.
12 hrs coupled with a 15min lunch. then sleep for 4 or 5.
sry 15, but i cant simpathise on people who complain on how good they got. i work 12hrs everyday, and if im not lucky, which happens alot, i get to stay up even longer.

now multiply that times 320.
multiply that by 55

then go back, and multiply the oringal by some 250
multiply that by some i donno 30

go back, and multiply that by 3 or 4 thousand
multiply that times at least another 20.

after all that, add it all together, and maybe you'll have about close to the amount of the surface personel that the USN gots.
of course that's not near or accurate, but you get the idea.

so quiet you. *shakes fist*
 Rogue15
01-25-2008, 9:22 PM
yeah, but at least you get the honor of serving your country while working those hours.

i'm so close to just calling a recruiter and seeing about getting myself back in...think i'll talk to my parents first and let them know what i am doing....last time i shocked the hell out of them. that was 4 years ago. damn time flies. :(
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-25-2008, 9:38 PM
So... how does Oblivion work?!

Looking at some guides, one tells me to keep the skills i use the most as minor skills, and use infrequently used skills as my major ones to control leveling, but that seems counter intuitive to me.
Page: 5 of 5