Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strongest Enemy

Page: 3 of 3
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 4:01 PM
Interesting. Especially because you went to Kashyyyk. Anyways....

What do you mean?
 mur'phon
06-19-2008, 4:15 PM
The normal order is Tatoine, Kashyyyk, Manan, Korriban.

Personally I went Tatoine and Kashyyyk to pick up Jolee and HK, then straight to Manan in a search for something grey.
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 4:21 PM

I didn't know there was a specific order, I thought you could go to wherever planet you wanted first.
 Robondacob
06-19-2008, 4:22 PM
Thats true but it's easy to kill :D

The first post says strongest enemy. By difficulty to kill if you are not dumb (like me), the hardest enemy would be one of the ones from early on in the game. I would say that is Davik's War Droid. I went in there for the 1k credits, I died and had to spend an extra hour to get back there again.
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 4:25 PM
I would say that is Davik's War Droid. I went in there for the 1k credits, I died and had to spend an extra hour to get back there again.
Davik had a war droid?
 Da_Man_2423
06-19-2008, 4:26 PM

I didn't know there was a specific order, I thought you could go to wherever planet you wanted first.

That's what I thought too. Is the order mur'phon listed considered canon or something?
 Robondacob
06-19-2008, 4:29 PM
Davik had a war droid?

Or Brejick. Or whatever-ik.

That's what I thought too. Is the order mur'phon listed considered canon or something?

It's just the suggested outline. It's because Calo Nord is easier when on Tantooine and stuff.
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 4:38 PM
Or Brejick. Or whatever-ik.

Ohhhh wait do you mean the war droid in the garage in the Vulkar base?
 Da_Man_2423
06-19-2008, 4:52 PM
Ohhhh wait do you mean the war droid in the garage in the Vulkar base?

Oh man, that droid is a real pain to deal with.
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 5:00 PM
Oh man, that droid is a real pain to deal with.

Yea that arm attachment he had was the worst.
 jonathan7
06-19-2008, 5:29 PM
Rancor on Taris got my vote.

Never beat Calo if I pick a fight with him on Taris either.

Malak is easy peed all over him in both fights! :xp:
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-19-2008, 5:44 PM
Never beat Calo if I pick a fight with him on Taris either.

:lol:
I suggest you keep trying.
 jonathan7
06-19-2008, 5:59 PM
:lol:

Is it even possible?
 Robondacob
06-19-2008, 6:14 PM
Is it even possible?

No.

I put on invulnerability, and I saved right before.

It's not possible to hit him once.
 JediMaster76
06-20-2008, 2:20 AM
The strongest enemy is obviously the Rancor or Calo Nord on Taris (as previously stated).

But I think the toughest enemy would have to be either Sherruk, Marl (I lost to him one more time than I lost to Bendak >_<), or that one droid in the Vulkar garage. The droids in the Dantooine Star Chamber are pretty powerful, too, if you don't use grenades/shields, like I do.
 Emperor Devon
06-20-2008, 3:52 AM

If you have an excess of time on your hands and want to get rid of it, sure. He has the instant-kill property on both his blasters and can't ever be reduced below 1 HP.
 Rev7
06-20-2008, 1:02 PM
What do you mean?
Normally you should have a fair amount of experiance by that time, and you shouldn't have much of a problem defeating Uthar & Yuthura. ;)
You can go in order that you want, but it is cannon. Link (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic#Synopsis)
 EnderWiggin
06-20-2008, 1:16 PM
The strongest enemy is obviously the Rancor or Calo Nord on Taris (as previously stated).

Calo Nord. He's unbeatable. That's what makes him the toughest to beat.

Rancor = no:

I voted Rancor as the strongest. Who else can automatically kill in one second. Who else has 100% immunity to energy? (Discluding RedHawke's mods) Who else actually requires smartiness to beat him (or at least some smartiness)?

First time I faced him, I had four gernades, no dexterity, and I wasn't aware of the synthesized odor.

First of all, I also didn't realize about the synthesized odor the first time.

But he's not unbeatable. If you have a lot (and I mean alot) of mines, you can use Mission (or the PC) to go into stealth mode and then place them all around him. Turn off the stealth, and then run to where the Rancor cannot get you. This will cause him to hit the mines.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat until he's dead. It's possible - I do it for fun when I replay the game now.

_EW_
 Da_Man_2423
06-20-2008, 1:31 PM

But he's not unbeatable. If you have a lot (and I mean alot) of mines, you can use Mission (or the PC) to go into stealth mode and then place them all around him. Turn off the stealth, and then run to where the Rancor cannot get you. This will cause him to hit the mines.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat until he's dead. It's possible - I do it for fun when I replay the game now.

_EW_

Exactly what I did the first time, didn't even bother with the synthesized odor when I could get XP for killing the rancor. There are tons of minor frag mines around the Undercity and in the sewers that Mission can pick up to easily get this job done.
 Sgt. Strike
06-20-2008, 3:20 PM
I actually voted the rancor as the hardest, because actually, with some work, Calo Nord is fairly easy. For Calo, you need to use some weapons with ion damage to it, and just keep at it. Make sure when you mod your weapons you for physical, or critical damage. If I read things right, at one point, I think that physical damage goes through shields. But if you have one character armed with an ion damage weapon in one hand, the other hand a physical one, you should be able to kill most anyone with a shield. I'll have to replay KOTOR to be sure of all of this.
 Jedil3thal
06-20-2008, 3:36 PM
Dont know... but for me Calo Nord was the most difficult ... I dont know if is it by the level of my character of simply because he has a damn shield and med packs that dose not lemme kill him! ... still ... he was the strongest for me.

Really I just use 2 force powers and hes dead :D
 Robondacob
06-20-2008, 3:56 PM

_EW_

The point is that the Rancor is the strongest. I said that the toughest was the war droid in the basement garage of the Vulkar Base.

The Rancor is impossible to kill without gernades, mines, or synthesized odor.
 mur'phon
06-20-2008, 4:23 PM
sgt.strike: try challenging Calo before Daviks estate, then tel us how you beat him:D
 TKA-001
06-20-2008, 4:35 PM
Sherruk, the leader of the Mandalorian raiders on Dantooine. He's easily at least the seςond-toughest mother****er in this game, save for the ones who are invincible. I attacked him and his men with my party. His guards were dispatched easily enough, but he took out Bastila and Carth in two or three hits, tops. I had no excuse. It was on the easiest difficulty, and I used mod-added weapons and other equipment which was highly formidable against every other enemy encountered, and he just laughed it off. My lightsaber? Useless. The Desert Eagles added by the mod? Minimal damage. Grenades? I might as well attack him with spitballs.

I retreated, placed a crap-load of mines, lured him into them, and was dismayed at how little damage they did. I repeated this process until I was out of mines. Soon I ran out of grenades. Force powers added by mods were no good.

True story: It took about five shots from the instant-kill pistol to take him down.
 Jedil3thal
06-20-2008, 4:42 PM
I voted Darth Bandon, but only because I'm stuck on a battle with him on Kashyykk right now. It's the first time I've really been stumped in the game.

It was kinda easy though unless you have Shem's super enchanced mod installed
 mur'phon
06-20-2008, 4:47 PM
TKA: Strange, as I wrote earlier, I didn't know he existed before reading this. Have you checked how easy he can hit you, just reloaded a save and he couldn't touch me.
 jonathan7
06-20-2008, 6:01 PM
I actually voted the rancor as the hardest, because actually, with some work, Calo Nord is fairly easy. <snip>.

You didn't really think this through did you; if you failed to defeat Calo at this point you would be dead and never would have completed the game ;)

Challenge him when you meet him in the lower city and see if the above helps you beat him :xp:
 TKA-001
06-20-2008, 7:09 PM
Mur: I don't know how to explain it. All I know is that for me, that's how the fight went. I know I didn't have a difficulty mod put in, but maybe his strength was the side-effect of a mod I forgot about.
 Sgt. Strike
06-21-2008, 2:48 AM
I'll reinstall the game, eventually, and load up my mods, and I will let you know. As near as I can tell, Calo Nord is only difficult because of improper weapons mix, I think. The droids are also tough, but careful use of grenades and ion weapons will make short work of it.
 mur'phon
06-21-2008, 4:32 AM
It's not improper weapon mix that is the problem, instantkill ability on both blasters + invulnerability is the problem, though you are welcome to try.
 Istorian
06-21-2008, 6:43 AM
I voted the Rancor, because I was low-level when I first battled it, and I had to throw a grenade to it, hide, throw grenade, hide etc.

When I ran out of grenades, I used the button "Return to Hideout", bought some more grenades from the Twi'lek merchant, and Transit back.

Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe :D

|Istorian|
 Da_Man_2423
06-21-2008, 7:22 AM
Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe :D

|Istorian|

Doesn't take as long when you allow all those Jedi he has captive to be come one with the Force. If your guy is good with a lightsaber, and you got some medpacs just in case, the fight is quite short. I didn't realize how short it could be until I started not using Jedi Consulars each time.
 EnderWiggin
06-21-2008, 9:50 AM
The point is that the Rancor is the strongest. I said that the toughest was the war droid in the basement garage of the Vulkar Base.

The Rancor is impossible to kill without gernades, mines, or synthesized odor.

Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

So it makes him the strongest. That's all I'm saying.

_EW_
 Robb Stark
06-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I went with Gadon. Small room, two peeps hitting you with Power Attack. Even if you're planning ahead and drop a cryoban grenade, it's hard to get enough damage done on the other before Gadon gets free and starts wailing on you. Frag grenades in a tight space can also be a nightmare. Honestly, I actually dread this fight when I decide to back the Vulkars.
 Robondacob
06-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

_EW_

But then he is not impossible on the other planets. There is only one Rancor (the other ones are young rancors I believe), and it is the strongest and impossible to kill using blasters/melee weapons. Plus, using blasters doesn't require strength, it needs accuracy. That is unless you want to be literal and say that pulling a trigger takes strength.

I don't think that invincible enemies should be counted in this poll. Then you would have to include others (like the Sith guard on Taris that guards the elevator to the Undercity) and that would be very very bad.
 Ben Bryddia
06-23-2008, 3:13 PM
My friend Dave had told me the best way to kill Malak was to jun around and chuck your sabers at him. It really made Malak an easy chap to destroy. Bandon and Calo really weren't problems for me either since I always bring the 'saber twirlin' ladies with me. Honestly, I voted Bendak because I couldn't beat him no matter how hard I tried on any setting but easy. I was about as high (level wise) as you can be without having killed the Rancor in the sewers.
 Darth Hord
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
For me it depends who was with Calo or Bandon that determined how hard it was for me too kill them was who they were with. The selkath on Manaan with them was an easy win but is a lot harder on Korriban with them being accompanied by the dark jedi.
 Istorian
07-05-2008, 4:03 AM

_EW_

Nice point!! I haven't considered this fact...:xp:
 greggomonkey
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Darth Malak? I defeatd him with a stun baton wearing mando assault armour
(and a few life support packs)
 Darth_Yuthura
07-06-2008, 4:15 PM
Malak is truly the most difficult enemy to kill because his physical stats are pumped beyond reasonable. He has been given too much armor(Which should also have restricted his force power like Bandon's). His strength and constitution may be accurate, but his wisdom and agility were WAY too high.

It's easy to beat him with the electrical capacitance belt, but without it... his wisdom and physical attributes were simply beyond reason. That's why I declared it was Malak.
Page: 3 of 3