Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strongest Enemy

Page: 2 of 3
 Rabish Bini
03-01-2008, 3:30 AM
The Rancor on Taris. The first time i played it i missed the poison thingies and took him on 1v1, and WON!! :)
 Knight Of Honor
03-20-2008, 9:29 AM
When you face Malak you are extremly powerful, and he is still so hard to defeat. If you fought any other enemy at that time you could just walk all over them. On the unknown world you can kill the Ranchors without even having to use a weapon :D (Although the force is a powerful weapon sort of).
 JCarter426
03-20-2008, 5:37 PM
I'd have to say Malak, for reasons stated already. Though if I were to play now, I'd beat Malak on the first time. Sherruk, however...

And to think they were going to give him two lightsabers!
 HIGH ON PIE 14
03-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Malak obviously would be the hardest because even when you are at level 20, fighting him is no cakewalk. However, Malak gets easier to beat with evey gameplay. Sherruk on the other hand never gets easier for me. I have all jedi in my party when I fight him. Oh, God they were gonna give him two lightsabers? He gives me a run for my money ever single time I play and thats when he just has swords. So Sherruk gets my vote

Bendak, I always found easy to beat. Honestly, Marl gives me way more trouble.

@aeroldoth: that war droid is insane! The only reason I beat him now is because by that time Zaalbar is a jedi (due to mods)and Zaalbar with a lightsaber...lets face it, the droid never had a chance.
 DarthAve
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Definatly Malak or (depends on the planet) Calo Nord. I've experimented with different planets for Calo and found it much harder to beat him on Tatooeen, with that huge gang of thugs behind him, than on Manaan, with two thugs with him.

Malak on the Levithan was soo easy, so I'm like "Great, I can take him out easy next time we fight." Well, I'll never get cocky again, cause it took me about 5 times to beat him on the Star Forge. :/
 Paddythegreat
03-30-2008, 9:11 PM
Bandon deffinatly, during my first play through i fought bandon on kash and he wasted me, i tottally underestimated me. If you count mallak he should only be counted the first imte, the second time is unfair, i hate that fight it takes forever!
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-30-2008, 9:18 PM
Definatly Malak or (depends on the planet) Calo Nord. I've experimented with different planets for Calo and found it much harder to beat him on Tatooeen, with that huge gang of thugs behind him, than on Manaan, with two thugs with him.

I don't really remember his thugs but, people usually complain that facing him on Korriban is just too hard.
 DarthAve
03-30-2008, 9:47 PM
Korriban is hard cause he just shows up when you don't expect it. It's like "woo, I'm gonna go outside, get that sith holocron from Shanaynay or whatever her name was, go in some tombs, get some stuff, than I'm prestiged out!" Than it's like bam! Caol Nord is standing right outside the door with two dark jedi. Another problem I had was I normally have Bastilla be my strong go-to fighter with her force powers and stuff, and you can't take her on Korriban. So chances are you've only got youself as an early level jedi, or Juhani with you for force support.
 JCarter426
03-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Solution: Go to Korriban last. :p

I find Calo Nord and Bandon tough just about every time I play. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that Calo/Bandon himself is tough, but rather that my group is outnumbered, and the AI of KOTOR's NPCs leaves a lot to be desired, so by the time I've gone through a couple rounds of combat, my two party members have somehow gotten themselves killed.

This happens to me all the time in the Restoration Zone in K2.
 Knight Of Honor
03-31-2008, 6:08 AM
Dont know why so many are voting for Sherruk. Sure if you fight him right after you became a Jedi he is a great challenge, but try going back too Dantooine after having recovered three of the star maps, and fight him then, when i did that i owned him completely.
 JCarter426
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
...try going back too Dantooine after having recovered three of the star maps, and fight him then, when i did that i owned him completely.

You're not supposed to fight him then! :p

Also, you can't return to Dantooine after getting three Star Maps. ;)
 Knight Of Honor
03-31-2008, 1:53 PM
You're not supposed to fight him then! :p

Also, you can't return to Dantooine after getting three Star Maps. ;)

Yes, you can. First one is on Dantooine, + two other worlds.
After that its two maps left, its only when you have one map left to recover that Dantooine is destroyed, and then cant go back :)

Its five maps remember..
 Marius Fett
03-31-2008, 3:49 PM
Uthar Wynn in Naga Sadows Tomb...

Absolute nightmare innit!
 Rev7
03-31-2008, 3:58 PM
Dont know why so many are voting for Sherruk. Sure if you fight him right after you became a Jedi he is a great challenge, but try going back too Dantooine after having recovered three of the star maps, and fight him then, when i did that i owned him completely.
I voted for Sherruk. I always took care of him when I first became a Jedi. I guess that when going that route, it depends on your strategy. The first couple of times that I played KotOR 1, I always leveled up every time that I could on Taris. With that strategy I have found that it was much harder to fight Sherruk and beat him. You always had to have a lot of med-packs.

More recently I have played 'smart'. I found out that you can decide not to level up on Taris, and all of the levels that you don't level up on, can turn into 'Jedi level-ups'. It is essentially leveling up when you become a Jedi. With that strategy, I have found beating Sherruk much easier. I voted before I found out this new strategy...
 JCarter426
03-31-2008, 4:01 PM
Yes, you can. First one is on Dantooine, + two other worlds.
After that its two maps left, its only when you have one map left to recover that Dantooine is destroyed, and then cant go back :)

Its five maps remember..

Whatever. :p
 Melly
04-02-2008, 6:11 PM
I voted other. Those two Terentateks on Korriban gave me some serious grief the first time I played. Until I learned to lure them into a corner so only one of them could attack me at a time.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-02-2008, 7:25 PM
More recently I have played 'smart'. I found out that you can decide not to level up on Taris, and all of the levels that you don't level up on, can turn into 'Jedi level-ups'. It is essentially leveling up when you become a Jedi. With that strategy, I have found beating Sherruk much easier. I voted before I found out this new strategy...
That's really old, good Rev :xp: . I don't think I play any more games that I'm not on lvl 2 until becoming a Jedi. Even as a Scoundrel, and beating Bendak.

I still think he's hard nevertheless.
 JCarter426
04-03-2008, 1:50 AM
Funny. I always level up as much as possible before Dantooine, to a ) get the implant feats for free, and b ) make things slightly more difficult.
 DarthAve
04-03-2008, 6:09 PM
I still think he's hard nevertheless.
First of all...
A)That's what she said. xD
B) Agreed. Bendak gave me trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle with some nice grenades.

I voted other. Those two Terentateks on Korriban gave me some serious grief the first time I played. Until I learned to lure them into a corner so only one of them could attack me at a time. Or you could just turn on the stelth, open the door, run in so they can't follow you, and gun 'em or throw lightsaber 'em down....

Speaking of terentaks, was the terentatek in Kashyyyk easier or harder for you guys than the one in the Shyrak cave on Korriban? For me, whole lot easier.
 JoeDoe 2.0
04-03-2008, 6:15 PM
^ You have to tackle him like a MAN!!

I went commando and gutted him with my Vibro-sword
 Gothic90
04-08-2008, 9:04 PM
Malak is easy. Why does your Revan not learn a single dark side power? Luke uses force choke and force lightning a lot. Don't be so stuck up!
For the rancor...I should say, intelligence is a part of something's strength...
I find Marl somewhat difficult if I want to complete Taris with lower levels. He's a straight up melee type--and that makes him strong, while Bendak can be defeated with grenades. I still think Bendak is harder, though.
Calo Nerd, Darth Bandon & Sherruk: since you do not have to face them alone, they are not hard. 3 people usually means a lot more strategies.
 JCarter426
04-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Calo Nerd, Darth Bandon & Sherruk: since you do not have to face them alone, they are not hard. 3 people usually means a lot more strategies.

Not with the game's faulty AIs. It would probably be easier to take them on alone, if not for the fact that you'd be completely outnumbered. ;)
 Gothic90
04-09-2008, 1:17 AM
Not with the game's faulty AIs. It would probably be easier to take them on alone, if not for the fact that you'd be completely outnumbered. ;)

At least your teammates can serve as your shield, or "you" when you are down. Plus one more lightsaber, one more gun is always good. Plus putting Bastila into Jedi support mode saves me the time to case force valor--I am lazy.

Plus if you don't like Bandon's death field you can simply ask HK & T3 to accompany you.

Even with such faulty AIs, HK, canderous, Zaalbar & Carth know what they are doing because their jobs are simple. :blast5:
 Corinthian
04-09-2008, 1:59 AM
Funny, I learned the technique of pausing the game and giving my companions orders.
 JCarter426
04-09-2008, 2:02 AM
Psht. Like I have the time to do that. :xp:

(Actually, that's what I end up doing 99% of the time.)
 Gurges-Ahter
04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I voted for Bendak because I actually never beat him. I was new to the game and tried several times before I gave up. I might have found it easier had I kept trying, but I never did.

I did have a very hard time with Calo Nord as well. That took roughly 10 times before I finally ousted him.

Malak took me 4 tries, and it was definitely hard, but I was much more skilled by that point.

So to answer the question, Malak is the strongest, but not the toughest for me to beat. That was either Bendak or Calo Nord.

Can someone remind me who Sherruk is? It's been a long time since I played and I can't seem to remember.
 Q
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Sherruk is the Mandalorian leader on Dantooine. ;)
 Gothic90
04-16-2008, 2:38 PM
I voted for Bendak because I actually never beat him. I was new to the game and tried several times before I gave up. I might have found it easier had I kept trying, but I never did.

I did have a very hard time with Calo Nord as well. That took roughly 10 times before I finally ousted him.

Malak took me 4 tries, and it was definitely hard, but I was much more skilled by that point.

So to answer the question, Malak is the strongest, but not the toughest for me to beat. That was either Bendak or Calo Nord.

Can someone remind me who Sherruk is? It's been a long time since I played and I can't seem to remember.

Tip for Bendak:
the armband you loot from Brejek's corpse after the swoop race is more than helpful.
For Malak: learn the way of the Dark Side. Those Jedi in his pods will be his failing.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-16-2008, 9:47 PM
Tip for Bendak:
the armband you loot from Brejek's corpse after the swoop race is more than helpful.
Tip for Bendak: Grenades don't mind being thrown.
 Gothic90
04-17-2008, 1:08 PM
Actually the difficulty differs if you visit each planet in a different order.
Unlike TSL, the levels and abilities of some enemies never change no matter how strong you are. So the "bosses" of an area tend to be harder if you visit that planet early.
For example the Sith Master in the Sith base in Mannan. He's almost as strong as Bandon, but if you visit Mannan first you'll be much weaker when facing him than when facing Bandon.
Not to mention Uthar and the terentateks on Korriban.
 Mindtwistah
04-18-2008, 7:56 AM
Calo Nord was damn hard, at least on Tatooine. I died like 20 times before I realised I should place 30 mines before I enter the Krayt Dragon Cave xD
 mur'phon
04-18-2008, 4:33 PM
I'd have to say the stunn droid, facing it while saving levels, while not expecting anything nasty is hard. Malak was ridicolusly easy, I beat him the first time without armour, stims healthpacks or destroying his health potions, making it the anticlimax in my gaming life. As for Sherruk, I didnt realize he existed before reading this thread, nuff said.
 JD-Rom
04-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd have to say "Other", because IIRC, I fought this single droid behind the large door of the Black Vulkar Garage. I mean, that droid decimated our party, especially with its Carbonite Projector! We got frozen SO MANY TIMES...not to mention that the droid seems to use a disruptor rifle, making our shields useless.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-19-2008, 7:32 AM
I'd have to say "Other", because IIRC, I fought this single droid behind the large door of the Black Vulkar Garage. I mean, that droid decimated our party, especially with its Carbonite Projector! We got frozen SO MANY TIMES...not to mention that the droid seems to use a disruptor rifle, making our shields useless.
As always, grenades are your best friends at low-levels. A bunch o Ion ones can do the trick. :)
 JD-Rom
04-19-2008, 9:14 AM
As always, grenades are your best friends at low-levels. A bunch o Ion ones can do the trick. :)

I would, but I'm a packrat and wouldn't want to give up ANY of my precious stash of Grenades, Mines, Vibroweapons, Blasters, Quarterstaffs, Swords, Stun Batons, Credits, Stims, Medpacks, Repair Kits, Rakghoul Serum Samples, Datapads, Upgrades, Shields, Armors, Computer Spikes, Parts, Droid Attachments, Permacrete Detonators, Synthesized Odors, and My own personal Pazaak Deck and Side Deck*. The only thing I would basically sell are Clothing and those useless-in-PC Security Spikes. :xp: Anyways, this really only happened to me in some of my mod-free runs, but those were a long time ago. Nowadays, I have so many (mostly compatible) mods installed, it's hard to lose with overpowered (YAY! :D ) equipment and 500,000 credits.

* As of pre-Bastila Taris.
 Melly
04-19-2008, 9:57 PM
First of all...
Or you could just turn on the stelth, open the door, run in so they can't follow you, and gun 'em or throw lightsaber 'em down.... Heh, I know you can do that, but it always feels so cheesy that way to me. :xp:

Speaking of terentaks, was the terentatek in Kashyyyk easier or harder for you guys than the one in the Shyrak cave on Korriban? For me, whole lot easier. Easier. The one in the Shyrak cave kept knocking my PC and her companions down. Which is annoying, to say the least.
 Salzella
05-14-2008, 3:17 PM
The Sith Governor on Taris. Grrrr. You're always pretty weak at that point, an Bastila's incredible fragile that early on in the game, your PC isn't much better, so you basically have to rely on someone like Zalbaar to provide the muscle. All the later fights are easier i think because by then, even though the baddies are powered up, so is the PC. So yeah. The Sith chap, damn his rotten hide.
 Ctrl Alt Del
05-15-2008, 1:57 PM
^ I've always thought that the shielded Guard Droid before him was harder. 0_Q
 General LiWar
05-15-2008, 2:15 PM
All i have to say is dont mess with the tuskens' stuff. they completely owned me and my party
 Da_Man_2423
05-15-2008, 9:04 PM
Those Dark Jedi in the Sith base on Manaan or wherever it was. I always go there early in my playthroughs of K1, and usually takes a couple tries for me to get 'em. Maybe my guy just sucks :lol:.
 Da_man
05-16-2008, 1:31 AM
Always whenever you meet Calo Nord, though it is easier on some planets. Like on Tattoine, you fight a couple of, I think, Rodians, while on Kashyyyk you fight wookiees.
 whatthehell
06-02-2008, 5:46 PM
personally, the first time i saw Malak use his drain thing on the prisonors, i was like "this is gonna take a long time". but i noticed right away you could do that to and heal yourself, so i used force speed, drained them all and owned Malak. did anyone else do that?
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm surprised this wasn't on the list but the first time I played the game the enemy that was most difficult for me was Uthar and Yuthura in the tomb on Korriban. It took me a few tries until I finally placed mines in front of them before they ask whos side your on.
 mur'phon
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Did you go to Korriban straight away? The reason why they aren't really a problem is that most people go to Korriban last.
 Fredi
06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Dont know... but for me Calo Nord was the most difficult ... I dont know if is it by the level of my character of simply because he has a damn shield and med packs that dose not lemme kill him! ... still ... he was the strongest for me.
 Jedil3thal
06-19-2008, 12:57 PM
:DDarth Malak I hate It when he uses Critical Strike:xp:
 Robondacob
06-19-2008, 1:31 PM
I voted Rancor as the strongest. Who else can automatically kill in one second. Who else has 100% immunity to energy? (Discluding RedHawke's mods) Who else actually requires smartiness to beat him (or at least some smartiness)?

First time I faced him, I had four gernades, no dexterity, and I wasn't aware of the synthesized odor.
 MacTavish
06-19-2008, 3:43 PM
Did you go to Korriban straight away? The reason why they aren't really a problem is that most people go to Korriban last.

Yea I went there second after Kashyyyk.
 Rev7
06-19-2008, 3:46 PM
I normally go to Korriban last too.
I'm surprised this wasn't on the list but the first time I played the game the enemy that was most difficult for me was Uthar and Yuthura in the tomb on Korriban. It took me a few tries until I finally placed mines in front of them before they ask whos side your on.
Interesting. Especially because you went to Kashyyyk. Anyways....
 Jedil3thal
06-19-2008, 3:59 PM
I voted Rancor as the strongest. Who else can automatically kill in one second. Who else has 100% immunity to energy? (Discluding RedHawke's mods) Who else actually requires smartiness to beat him (or at least some smartiness)?

First time I faced him, I had four gernades, no dexterity, and I wasn't aware of the synthesized odor.

Thats true but it's easy to kill :D
Page: 2 of 3