Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] K1 - Darth Malak Skin Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 Silveredge9
10-11-2007, 1:07 PM
I began working on this pack a while ago, and today I figured I'd revisit it for a few hours. This skin pack so far will include the following...

- Improved Dark Side Head.
- 'Zombie' style Darth Malak.
- Light Side Malak.

Here is a preview of the Light Side Malak skin, complete with a fully reskinned Jedi body. ;)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5803/teaserkt4.th.jpg) (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teaserkt4.jpg)

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
 Wookiee Rrudolf
10-11-2007, 1:16 PM
Really good reskin. Waiting to see more screenshots :D but Light Side Malak skin is superb. Is it posible to set it as a PC skin?
 DarthExile27
10-11-2007, 1:37 PM
Wow! Really good work, that Malak looks awesome.

Cheers.
 Ghost Down
10-11-2007, 1:39 PM
Try reskinning his dark side clothes, make them look battle worn maybe?

Btw, looking good!

- Ghost Down
 Gargoyle King
10-11-2007, 2:07 PM
Wow, looks impressive, i just imagine a lot of "recruit malak" or "turn malak LS" WIPs posted soon in the Holowan Labatories! Great work Silver! :thumbsup:
 herosinger
10-11-2007, 4:30 PM
More fantastic stuff from Silveredge9!
 Silveredge9
10-12-2007, 5:53 AM
Really good reskin. Waiting to see more screenshots :D but Light Side Malak skin is superb. Is it posible to set it as a PC skin?

I'll probably include an item that when equipped, changes your appearance.

And here's another teaser image of the Jedi skin variation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/teaser2.jpg)
 Kainzorus Prime
10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Why it's so terribly pixelated? Rescale the texture.
 Malpense
10-12-2007, 6:33 PM
You still get the idea however... Nice one silveredge, looks great!
 Meowster
10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I agree with everyone else as well. Great reskin so far!
 Darth Xander
10-13-2007, 4:55 AM
wow thats coool
 Quanon
10-13-2007, 5:50 AM
Why it's so terribly pixelated? Rescale the texture.

I think it's a screenshot from within Gmax or Max . In the viewports of the program they never show the best quality , to save some memory and such on your system while your working .

But whenever you render it in Max or in the game things look sweet and not pixalated .

Besides I don't think Silver would make pixel skins and launch it as a mod :p
Since his other mod(s) where really pro .
 Ztalker
10-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Will this have an extensive backstory, like the Brotherhood of Darkness, as well? Because I recall a little piece of dialogue Malak said at the Star Forge.
"Still . . . still spouting the wisdom the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I . . . I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate had decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the light, as you did? If you had not led me down the dark path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?"

Has it anything to do with your upcoming Mod? :)
 Sharen Thrawn
10-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Great reskin! Good job Silveredge9! :)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-13-2007, 4:50 PM
Will this have an extensive backstory, like the Brotherhood of Darkness, as well? Because I recall a little piece of dialogue Malak said at the Star Forge.

Has it anything to do with your upcoming Mod? :)

Uh... this is a stand alone mod I think? It is simply a skin-pack - no story.

Very nice work again, silveredge9. Jolee has just taken care of business on the Leviathan, so I will soon get to see your work in action :)

Question - how difficult would it be to alter Malak's brows in the LS reskin? Is it possible? They cause his face to remain DS looking, because of the implied anger. If it is not too difficult, I think a more tranquil brow would make an effective improvement to the LS appearance.
 Darth Balor
10-13-2007, 7:15 PM
What is the point of a LS skin since you only see Jedi malak in bink movies, unless you plan to make the bink movies be replaced with the cutscens from BoS.
 Inyri
10-13-2007, 8:33 PM
I think it's a screenshot from within Gmax or Max . In the viewports of the program they never show the best quality , to save some memory and such on your system while your working .I'd agree with you except that only the robes are pixellated. The head doesn't seem to be. Then again his initial screenshot seems to be fine so who knows?
 Silveredge9
10-13-2007, 8:54 PM
I'd agree with you except that only the robes are pixellated. The head doesn't seem to be. Then again his initial screenshot seems to be fine so who knows?
I have no idea why it's pixillated when displayed in Gmax. Not that it matters anyway, as it displays fine whilst in game.

Clickly (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-10-1117-37-01-62.jpg) (Note: the Blue Lightsaber has nothing to do with the package, it's just what I had equipped after I edited the save game :P)
 Lucied
10-13-2007, 9:12 PM
you should change the tatoos on his head eaither remove them of change the color maybe, awsome reskin by the way.
 DarthExile27
10-14-2007, 3:27 AM
I think it's beginning to look really good.
 Shem
10-14-2007, 4:17 AM
you should change the tatoos on his head eaither remove them of change the color maybe, awsome reskin by the way.Malak had those tattoos when he was a Jedi; so based on that Silveredge should leave them on.

If Silveredge had some good modeling skills, I would suggest to have him try to remove the mouth piece and import the Jedi Malak head. AVol is the only person I can think of that would have been able to do such a feat. Maybe Oldflash too.

BTW, excellent work! :D
 Silveredge9
10-14-2007, 6:43 AM
Malak had those tattoos when he was a Jedi; so based on that Silveredge should leave them on.

If Silveredge had some good modeling skills, I would suggest to have him try to remove the mouth piece and import the Jedi Malak head. AVol is the only person I can think of that would have been able to do such a feat. Maybe Oldflash too.

BTW, excellent work! :D
No, headpiece stays. The Jedi Malak is a representation of what he would have become had he re-embraced the path of the Jedi after the events of KOTOR, instead of getting himself killed. :P

And this is just going to be a skin pack, nothing more.
 Deke Shasy
10-14-2007, 6:51 AM
Wow, it looks cool! Can't wait to see the rest.
 Lucied
10-14-2007, 7:38 AM
well im only figuring from the jedi malak model to the sith malak model the tatoo changed, if malak became i a jedi again i kinda thought he would make it jst like it used to be
 lordofmalachor
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Any pics of the zombie malak? That sounds pretty cool.
 spyblade
10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Nice reskin as always. The Jedi Robes look really cool. Can't wait to see the darkside robes. Will this be for K1, TSL, or both?
 lordofmalachor
10-14-2007, 2:16 PM
Nice reskin as always. The Jedi Robes look really cool. Can't wait to see the darkside robes. Will this be for K1, TSL, or both?
it say's K1 at the top..............
 Ghost Down
11-02-2007, 6:31 AM
Hey, you still working on this?

- Ghost Down
 Meowster
11-02-2007, 6:38 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know about the progress as well...
 Silveredge9
11-02-2007, 6:56 AM
I haven't really had that much time to work on it really, I've been at Univercity, and in my free time I've been working on some other things. The project isn't dead though, I'll finish it someday. Pretty much like I did with the Ajunta Pall reskin.
Page: 1 of 1