Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront iii features

Page: 1 of 2
 Jawajedi
08-11-2007, 4:38 PM
i think there should be gunships on land battles and more republic commando and kotor sides like old sith http://www.lucasforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=716#)
Sith Knight and old republic

also delta squad as heroes (unlockable i.e. if you kill 10 enemys with 1 shot you can be sev)

feel free to post!
 Darth Sean
08-13-2007, 8:41 PM
Well from 1 wisher to another I think there should be the arc troopers you know like a team were they never leav your side unless you command them you know .
 Jawajedi
08-14-2007, 12:18 PM
sorta like a squad xcept they are troopers? cool
 GeneralPloKoon
08-14-2007, 9:48 PM
I mostly just want more EU material, such as heroes,planets, and eras like the Yuzhang Vong and Sith wars. And a ranking system similar to games like Battlefeild(General,Prvate,etc.).
 darkjedimonkey
08-15-2007, 1:36 PM
I mostly just want more EU material, such as heroes,planets, and eras like the Yuzhang Vong and Sith wars. And a ranking system similar to games like Battlefeild(General,Prvate,etc.).

unfortunately half the people who play these game have no idea wat the sith and yuzhang vong wars are. so its highly unlikely that those eras will be in it.
the makers have to stick to the basics which is the movies.
and that sucks. :blast5:
 GeneralPloKoon
08-17-2007, 6:06 PM
Are you sure they will do that forever? Asajj Ventress was in Battlefront II, Rehn Var was in I and II, soooooooo...
 MachineCult
08-18-2007, 5:45 AM
darkjedimonkey, have you seen the list of planets which will be featured in Battlefront: Renegade Squadron? A good few of them were merely mentioned in the movies, or not in them at all, i'm pretty sure that they will include a moderate amount of EU content in SWBF3.
 darkjedimonkey
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
darkjedimonkey, have you seen the list of planets which will be featured in Battlefront: Renegade Squadron? A good few of them were merely mentioned in the movies, or not in them at all, i'm pretty sure that they will include a moderate amount of EU content in SWBF3.

hopefully they do cuz im getting sort of sick of movie planets
not that theyre bad though

Are you sure they will do that forever? Asajj Ventress was in Battlefront II, Rehn Var was in I and II, soooooooo...

well yeah thats becuz Asajj Ventress wasnt exactly introduced to the world
until the last three movies. so she wasnt as recognizable to the general public
except from books other games and etc.
same as utapau. it was a planet but it wasnt really known until the movie.
rehn var was in 1 as far as i could tell .
is it in 2? i dont remember seeing it.
but yeah they most likely will try to expand the star wars world.
i dont see how they could even bother making another if they didnt include more planets
 jawathehutt
08-21-2007, 11:44 AM
money is the only reason their making a new one, they know we will buy it even if it has fewer planets than 2
 darkjedimonkey
08-21-2007, 1:20 PM
haha yeah right.
the reason theyre making a new one is because swbf2 sucked.
all they got was complaints
so now theyre making a new one and they are seriously trying to hype it up.
 jawathehutt
08-21-2007, 3:11 PM
...?
Do you even know why EA and LA make expansions? It sure as hell isnt because the buyer was upset. Thats what the smaller companies care about, since they actualy speak english and can read the forums and such, and they need the money. The big companies want money, thats it. The devs might care about making a game, but you try making a game in the short period of time devs are given and with the money your given. The Madden series and NBA series are perfect examples of this. That series used to be good. Now they have to rush them out right before the season starts, so instead of having the time to make better gameplay, they just improve the graphics, throw in a new feature and out it goes. The reviewers might complain, the buyers might complain, but the programmer in India cant understand english, so they just move on with their 20 hour work day of improving graphics.
And can you show me hype? I have yet to see some real hype, and saying that they might develop a game is not hype, thats rumors.
 darkjedimonkey
08-21-2007, 4:41 PM
duh theyre doing it for cash

-hype
1. to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually fol. by up): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.
2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight.
3. to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc. (usually fol. by up).
4. to trick; gull.
–noun
5. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
6. an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect.
7. a swindle, deception, or trick.
 jawathehutt
08-21-2007, 5:34 PM
haha yeah right.

That doesnt sound like what you just said
 darkjedimonkey
08-21-2007, 9:17 PM
well if they got great review from fans about swbf2 and the game was a hit obviously they would make another because the cash would roll in
hey i admit
im stupid
so

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedimonkey
haha yeah right.

wat i said before was BS
you are right i am wrong

oh well
i wonder if swbf 3 and renegade squad are hits if they will just keep on going
they probably wont to a fourth

i cant wait for more air to ground battles.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-21-2007, 11:30 PM
SWBF2 didn't suck, online multiplayer seemed pretty fun(at least for xbox live). But I want maybe more realism in BF3, for example, the CIS(my favorite team) Super battle droids should be an unlockable special class, Battle droids should be the main infantry. The spider walkers should be remote controlled and little more powerful, in fact most vehicles for the CIS should be remote controlled. An MTT, come-on! It was planned but didn't hit swbf1 or 2. Battlefront III may be third person again with just better graphics, but I think to truly "live the battles" it needs to be first person, heck I it want regardless of how it is, but maybe no more CP lights with a faction logo on the middle of the CP, maybe a King of the Hill like ring to show the CP area, and when you capture it a part of the CP area changes something, like maybe a flag changes faction logos or something similar. More factions than two on a map would be nice, such as Naboo Palace: Galactic Empire,Rebels, and Royal Guard, and some factions could be allies of another faction or a nuetral faction such as Bespin City or Coruscant, Republic,CIS,Bespin Security/Police, and Bounty Hunters, or just a class named neutral.
 darkjedimonkey
08-21-2007, 11:38 PM
SWBF2 didn't suck, online multiplayer seemed pretty fun(at least for xbox live). But I want maybe more realism in BF3, for example, the CIS(my favorite team) Super battle droids should be an unlockable special class, Battle droids should be the main infantry. The spider walkers should be remote controlled and little more powerful, in fact most vehicles for the CIS should be remote controlled. An MTT, come-on! It was planned but didn't hit swbf1 or 2. Battlefront III may be third person again with just better graphics, but I think to truly "live the battles" it needs to be first person, heck I it want regardless of how it is, but maybe no more CP lights with a faction logo on the middle of the CP, maybe a King of the Hill like ring to show the CP area, and when you capture it a part of the CP area changes something, like maybe a flag changes faction logos or something similar. More factions than two on a map would be nice, such as Naboo Palace: Galactic Empire,Rebels, and Royal Guard, and some factions could be allies of another faction or a nuetral faction such as Bespin City or Coruscant, Republic,CIS,Bespin Security/Police, and Bounty Hunters, or just a class named neutral.

just about everything u said are in my prayers for swbf 3
i didnt say that I thought it sucked
generally the public gave a credited displeasure to the game
 MachineCult
08-22-2007, 9:46 AM
generally the public gave a credited displeasure to the game
Sorry but thats bullsh*t. Only SW superfans didn't like Battlefront II, not the general public;

Gamespot.com (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/index.html?tag=result;title;0) gave it 8.1, critic score 8.4, user score 9.0.

IGN.com (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/737/737696.html) gave it 7.0, reader rating 8.4, press rating 8.2.

Gamespy (http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-battlefront-2/664618p1.html) gave it 3.5 stars (70%).

Strategyinformer.com (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwarsbattlefrontii/review.html) gave it 8.0, users gave it 9.4

And it's practically nothing but four or five star reviews from buyers on amazon.com. The only things that are really wrong with the game are that the AI are really poor, most of the content was just used to hype up episode 3 and thus most of the heroes and units aren't canon.
Apart from that, guys, face it. The game is awesome.
 darkjedimonkey
08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
thats wat i MEAN. generally the star wars fans.
that game rocked

i think that there should be more battle where if your outnumbered 3 to 50 with just one command post you should be able to stay there and wait it out until you've killed them all then u can move out and capture the rest. you should also be allowed to be the only person left.

-generally
1. usually; commonly; ordinarily: He generally comes home at noon.
2. with respect to the larger part; for the most part: a generally accurate interpretation of the facts.
3. without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception: generally speaking.
 MachineCult
08-22-2007, 2:43 PM
-generally
1. usually; commonly; ordinarily: He generally comes home at noon.
2. with respect to the larger part; for the most part: a generally accurate interpretation of the facts.
3. without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception: generally speaking.
Stop quoting the dictionary, it's really f*cking annoying. "generally the public gave a credited displeasure to the game", you said the public.

-Public
1. of, pertaining to, or affecting a population or a community as a whole: public funds; a public nuisance.
2. done, made, acting, etc., for the community as a whole: public prosecution.
3. of or pertaining to all humankind; universal.
4. a particular group of people with a common interest, aim, etc.: the book-buying public.

Or the gaming public, not SW fans. You can't help what you said, and implying that people don't understand english doesn't help you.

that game rocked
On that, we are in agreement.
 darkjedimonkey
08-22-2007, 9:32 PM
ok i agree i'll stop doing that.
im a stupid 16 yr old.

anyways i hope swbf 3 will rock
 GeneralPloKoon
09-04-2007, 9:58 PM
I'm 16, are you saying I'm stupid. Da-dum!!!!!! I think Battlefront III will be good and next-gen. I would think first person only might work better, but i'm probably the only person...
 darkjedimonkey
09-06-2007, 3:39 PM
hahahhahaha
maybe i am not calling you stupid and maybe im not
anyways
whoo hooo star wars battlefront III
 General Bly
09-06-2007, 8:54 PM
i think it would be cool if it followed the movies better like all the soldiers have the specific markings for the different campaigns. like on Kashyyyk the clones were all in the scout uniforms and that awesome green camo i think that should be the design for the kashyyyk level for the clones and what other specific markings other groups have for different factions and campaigns. and also more heroes. like the clone heroes, more jedis, local heroes, like the wookie leader besides chewy.
 Fettscommander
09-14-2007, 1:17 PM
Heros are stupid unless you just had one that gave orders and didn't fight...
 joesdomain
09-14-2007, 1:51 PM
I loved Battlefront 1 and 2. I am still playing both of them today. I won't touch most the other star wars games now except for Lego Star Wars II. The AI need to be smarter on your team. They need to learn to protect command post. The commands you give have to be more than move out or follow me. Needs to be more commands to choose from plus you need to be able to command more than 4 troopers.
 Somm-1
06-17-2008, 8:11 PM
Pardon the necromancy, but I would like to throw in my two cents.

I, like most Star Wars fans here, have an endless list of small improvements that I would like to see in Battlefront III. The one feature I would most like to see is some sort of an Offensive/Defensive position variable on Galactic Conquest Maps.

In the current Galactic Conquest it doesn't matter if the Rebel Alliance is invading a Galactic Empire-held planet or the other way around, the Rebellion will always start off in the exact same position. There ought to be an invasion starting position and a defensive starting position held by whomever is currently invading or defending respectively. Quite frankly, I'd like to see the Rebels assault Echo Base for a change.

That brings up another issue; what about strange, unlikely, non-canon battles? What if one assaulted Republic-held Geonosis as the Rebels? Or perhaps defended the Empire's garrison on Cloud City from the Confederacy? Fight the CIS as Rebels, fight the Republic as the Empire, ect... Even if it was just for Instant Action, mixed-era battles would be a nice addition.
 Bokken
06-18-2008, 2:46 PM
One thing that would be really great? Different colored text for Public Chat, Team Chat, and Admin Messages. I know it seems either petty, small, or pointless, but I still think it's not a bad idea.
 Bs|Rogue52
06-19-2008, 1:44 PM
Thats not a bad idea, teams could be different colors, such as white and the currently used yellow. I am glad they put chat messages with the kill list though, i was going cross eyed on BF1 trying to read both.
 Galizien
06-25-2008, 9:28 PM
Battlefront 3 should copy bf 1s excellent gameplay. For some reason, they downgraded it in bf2?
 DeathKnight23
06-26-2008, 3:04 AM
Battlefront 3 should copy bf 1s excellent gameplay. For some reason, they downgraded it in bf2?

You mean like the commands? Yeah, dunno why they got rid of that. At least that gave you a chance to control the AI
 Galizien
06-27-2008, 6:59 PM
No, not necessarily the commands. Battlefront 2 seemed to have changed for the worst. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe the rifle does less damage, or your movement is slower, but the gameplay has definately changed.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-27-2008, 9:45 PM
It changed, BF I was clean and smooth in some ways, and BF II's picture was sort of rough and more realistic, but in some ways yes, BF II was worst, but not in all ways.
 jawathehutt
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Im pretty sure the weapons do either the same or more damage in BF2 with a few exceptions.
 Gemini_Thunder
06-27-2008, 10:49 PM
True true.
 darkjedimonkey
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
i liked BF1 because it had maps that weren't from places that not a lot of stuff happened at. IN bf2 there was maps like the asteroid planet lea gave birth to the twins and things like that. That why i didnt enjoy it as much...
 DeathKnight23
07-17-2008, 6:44 AM
i liked BF1 because it had maps that weren't from places that not a lot of stuff happened at. IN bf2 there was maps like the asteroid planet lea gave birth to the twins and things like that. That why i didnt enjoy it as much...

i dunno why they didn't keep some of the BF1 maps into BF2 like Rhen Var and Bespin
 darkjedimonkey
07-17-2008, 1:03 PM
exactly. all the better maps were washed out by new maps that were... i dunno... not as good.
 GeneralPloKoon
07-17-2008, 2:06 PM
The xbox version had the Battlefornt I maps for Downloadable Content.
 Gemini_Thunder
07-18-2008, 3:09 AM
But originally it wasn't there.
 darkjedimonkey
07-18-2008, 10:14 PM
exactly
 RC-1183
07-27-2008, 6:38 PM
true i liked the maps in bf 1 as well also the mixed era battles would be neat (sorry if im X number of posts late) but i think 1st person view fo bf 3 would be awesome also i liked the 501st story line in bf 2 they should add sumthing similar spt u name ur squad and u kinda like make ur own story say for example ur a republic ARC squad and ur orders r too take out a under cover cis installment ad there are to be NO civilian casualllties but u "acidentily" kill some then ur storyline and public image would change u know???
 RC-1183
07-27-2008, 11:09 PM
yea especially on those days that u want to play it but u dont want to play with a bunch of people jus go on sp but if a game doesnt have a good sp then that takes away some of the game value
 GeneralPloKoon
07-30-2008, 4:40 PM
I love single player games more than multiplayer, but its hard to find a good single player game nowadays. Good thing there are bots!
 RC-1183
08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
true true and if u DO happen to find a good single player game then the multiplayer sucks horribly so its either one or the other
 jawathehutt
08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
call of duty = both good
 Rogue Nine
08-13-2008, 3:14 PM
Enough with the off-topic posts, please. I have cleaned this thread up of the recent spamminess, but it will be shut down if more nonsense rises up.

~9
 M@RS
08-14-2008, 5:04 PM
okay, I think they should change the way your health depletes as a Jedi, I think you should be able to permanently be a jedi like in assault mode, also they should force heal, because healing a jedi is a pain in the %#@
 jawathehutt
08-14-2008, 8:27 PM
Theres a reason for that, like I or someone else has said in probably about 75% of threads in this forum, the jedi are WAY overpowered, and there is no need to break an already broken part of the game even more.
 RC-1183
08-14-2008, 11:46 PM
i agree with M@RS be completely invincible but have a time limit on how long you can be jedi
 Sigundr
08-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I rather enjoy the satisfaction when I'm a trooper or such and I kill a hero. I don't mind the health thing, but it would be nice to have Force Heal in BFIII.
Page: 1 of 2